1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert W-KEYAKI FES. 2021 (2021.07.09 - 2021.07.11)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by heatsignature, Jun 3, 2021.

1. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

Star Tanjou reminds me, I think performing a cover song would have been a good way for the two groups to collaborate today. It does away with any kind of reluctance management may(or may not) have with regard to having the groups perform on each other’s songs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  3. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    I feel this has been a great summer for us fans, first with Backs live, and now w-Keyaki fes, and everything being broadcast live

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Poka walk on rainbow. One of the best sceneries from Day2.:D
    poka_0712_1_fjjdejdejijeijdejie.jpg
    Source: Poka's blog.

• Like Like x 2
  5. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    I was reading some Hinatazaka blogs, and there were a lot of interesting comments. Sarina wrote that once she heard about the festival she immediately contacted Koike and Rika to tell them, but when she learned the playlist she was disappointed because there were no Keyaki songs. I hope management realize that both fans and the members miss those songs and gives them the chance to perform them every now and then.
    I was also reading Manafi's blog and she posted a lot of pictures with Sakura girls such as her oshimen Yuuka, Akiho, Takemoto and others (she mentioned that Aoi and Rika are big Poka fans!). She also wrote something interesting: that when they were all in Keyakizaka, Hiragana were the kouhai, and Kanji the senpai they were learning from, but now the majority of Sakurazaka's members are 2nd generation members, which makes Manafi the senpai! It made me realize that while Hinata's 1ki and 2ki are close to Sakura's 1ki, they probably don't know much about the 2ki members, since the 2 groups have barely interacted after Hinata became independent, and Keyaki had done nothing for more than a year and a half after Kuroi Hitsuji and before the group became Sakurazaka. The 6 new Sakura girls are surely familiar with the new 3ki Hinata girls since they were all KSS and toured together, but for the other 2ki Sakura girls this was a completely new experience and a good opportunity to have some fun interacting with Hinata. And @MasToppu 's idea of a tv show is something I would enjoy seeing.

6. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    To those disappointed at the lack of "actual" Keyaki songs, Hinatazaka's Ushio Sarina gives a theory as to why that was.

She herself was still thinking, even during rehearsal that she wanted to be able to perform Hiragana songs, and wanted to see Sakura perform Keyaki songs (in fact she implied she wanted to perform Hiragana Keyaki (the song) and see them perform Silent Majority I think).

But, during the performance of W-Keyakizaka no Uta, she realized that Kanji and Hiragana still live on within Sakura and Hinata.

She thinks the purpose of this W-Keyaki Fes was not to look back on the past, but instead take a look at how far each other (Sakura and Hinata) have grown over the last three years, and then celebrate their origins with W-Keyakizaka no Uta at the end.

To help validate this, I think one could say Sakura and Hinata songs are technically Keyaki songs.

To use a weird analogy, there were two big space station projects in the late 80s- Space Station Freedom and Mir-2. Both nearly were cancelled due to lack of funding. They got combined into the International Space Station. But many of the modules are similar or the same, so Space Station Freedom and Mir-2 still exist, just as the International Space Station. The name might be different but the engineers building it and the hardware itself are the same.

In the same way, Sakura and Hinata songs are often written and choreographed- and of course performed- by the same people who made and performed Keyaki songs (or would have. Hinata 3-ki was supposed to be Hiragana Keyaki. But the renaming occurred before they could debut. But nonetheless, the audition they took was, if I recall correctly, for Hiragana). So they could be called Keyaki songs to a certain extent.

Sarina did say however, that she hopes the next W-Keyaki Fes can be different and she still wants to see Kanji songs performed again.

A couple of members have compared W-Keyaki Fes to Tanabata (Orihime and Hikoboshi meeting, Sakura and Hinata meeting. The date was even close).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Sorry but saying Sakura and Hinata songs are Keyaki songs sounds so far-fetched for me. Hinata was from Hiragana Keyaki, yes, but they has split from Keyaki and grows on their own. Their main choreographer is now Cre8boy instead of Takahiro-sensei. They also use many composers that didn’t work with them in Gana days. Chances are if they were still Hiragana then they wouldn’t be given many songs they have now. Same logic applied for Sakura, I don’t think any Keyaki Asides composers have done any songs for Sakura, they share some composers for very few bsides and that’s it. It’s clear that Sakura is going for a different concept and storyline than Keyaki, albeit people can’t quite put it to words what their concept is yet. And didn’t people say Sakura lyrics are different from Keyaki lyrics as well? Other than Takahiro-sensei and the members, almost everything else has changed. But I do like Sarina’s idea of W-Keyaki Fes being a place to showcase individual growth

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    No problem, it is just an idea I had :flower:. You make some good points about why the idea doesn't work.

Just to be clear, considering Sakura and Hinata songs to be Keyaki songs is my idea, not Sarina's. She simply thinks the spirit of Kanji and Hiragana each live on in their respective descendants.

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I feel it's too soon for Keyaki songs being performed. Sakura needs to grow on its own legs. Then... why not?
    But can you imagine what would happen if Hinata perform Keyaki songs while Sakura does not? That would call for an hellish fanwar no one wants right now.
    I never particularly liked W-Keyaki song but it has been a good choice in my opinion.

Stupid question time:
    Why the Poka?

10. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Establishing mascot. Official goods and plushies are coming soon.
    (wanna add "money" emoticon's but failed)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you!
    well, from the little I saw, it suits Hinata Happy Aura. Cute! And yes, they are gonna monetize it a lot.

For Sakura I want a giant Akiho as mascot, flying around lol
    That would be priceless [hehe]

12. rin.kaze

rin.kaze Kenkyuusei

Talk about concept, I think some members has said that Sakurazaka is a group who will perform various song. So in my opinion, rather than being focus in one concept, they will do some various concept as much as they can.
    Let's call it "Ambivalen concept ?"

*sorry for my bad English

13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

You mean, a giant "Blind-folded, leaning-forward Akiho" flying around? :D

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Absolutely!!!
    I would pay to see that happen [hehe]

15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I wished they would have done a skit in the MC part, and Akiho would have recreated that bit. Another were Takeyui starts saying something and all other members start falling asleep. Another one would have been a member chasing Koike with giant tomato juice bottle...Koike finally trying to drink it, spilling some on the floor, and then Risa appearing out of nowhere saying in her tsundere voice "Don't spill it" (or whatever Risa actually said to Koike that time) ...Ahh, opportunities missed.

16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I have tried to figure out their new concept but Kumi just put it well in words. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Their new concept has gone from military and cool to divine and beautiful. It makes sense now after re-watched trailers. They will only develop their divine concept even further with 3rd single. They came off as a very dance oriented idol group but to change their tone they just made it large-scale like BAN for example.

I wonder where this new concept will be presented as opening in the future for the group. We didn't got it at W-keya Fes 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  17. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    Well the one thing that has certainly remained from the Keyaki era is their excellent dancing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    If we need to be told what concept the group is going for, it means it's not recognizable.
    Not a good starting point.
    Also, "divine" and "beautiful" are pretty much what Nogi is about. Perhaps they still need to think about it a little

also (2) kindly reminded our cd jacket has sheep on it. Divine and beautiful sheep lol

man, I so hope 3rd single will step up. Anyway, Arena tour first I guess

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    Keyaki 1ki :)

Attached Files:

• 1ki.jpg
      1ki.jpg
      File size:
      166.9 KB