1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Wake Up, Girls! (WUG)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by steph, Jun 12, 2018.

1. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    Wake Up, Girls! (abbreviated as WUG) is a 7-member seiyuu idol group created for the Wake Up, Girls! franchise. It was formed through the "avex x 81produce Wake Up, Girls! AUDITION 2nd Anisong Vocal Audition", which was held in 2012. They have been active since July 28th 2013, and from 2014 they have been active as both an idol voice actor unit in real life and as their anime counterparts. In addition, each of it's members are also individually active as seiyuus in other franchises. [Credits: http://wake-up-girls.wikia.com/wiki/Wake_Up,_Girls!_(unit)]

(Mod edit: removed oversized photo)

upload_2018-10-28_21-37-40.png
    Anime Counterpart: (Mod edit: removed oversized photo)
    upload_2018-10-28_21-39-27.png
    Members:
    upload_2018-6-12_17-38-36.png
    Yoshioka Mayu (吉岡 茉祐) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Mayu-shii (まゆしぃ). She is the center of Wake Up, Girls!. She voices Shimada Mayu (島田真夢) who is the main protagonist in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. In the anime, she is a former member/center of the first generation I-1club. Her image colour is red and her image animal is a lion. She is also a member of idol group D-Selections along with fellow WUG member Aoyama Yoshino.

upload_2018-6-12_17-41-45.png
    Aoyama Yoshino (青山 吉能) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Yoppii (よっぴー). She is the leader of Wake Up, Girls!. She voices Nanase Yoshino (七瀬佳乃) in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Her image color is light blue and her image animal is a polar bear. She is also a member of idol group D-Selections along with fellow WUG member Yoshioka Mayu.

upload_2018-6-12_17-42-52.png
    Okuno Kaya (奥野 香耶) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Kayatan (かやたん). She is the second-in-command in Wake Up, Girls! after Aoyama Yoshino. She voices Kikuma Kaya (菊間夏夜) in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Her image color is green and her image animal is a crocodile.

upload_2018-6-12_17-40-26.png
    Eino Airi (永野 愛理) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Ai-chan (あいちゃん). She voices Hayashida Airi (林田藍里) in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Her image color is indigo and her image animal is a shark.

upload_2018-6-12_17-41-19.png
    Tanaka Minami (田中 美海) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Minyami (みにゃみ). She voices Katayama Minami (片山実波) in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Her image color is yellow and her image animal is a tiger.

upload_2018-6-12_17-42-20.png
    Yamashita Nanami (山下七海) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Nanamin (ななみん). She voices Hisami Nanami (久海菜々美) in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Her image color is purple and her image animal is a wolf.

upload_2018-6-12_17-43-32.png
    Takagi Miyu (高木 美佑) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. Her nickname is Myuu (みゅー). She voices Okamoto Miyu (岡本未夕) in the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Her image color is orange and her image animal is an eagle.
    Singles:
    1st Song (not single, since 7 Girls War is their 1st single)
    Tachiagare!

1st Single (7 Girls War)
    1. 7 Girls War
    2. 16-Sai no Agape

2nd Single (Kotonoha Aoba)
    1. Kotonoha Aoba
    2. Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos (Okamoto Miyu ver.)

3rd Single (Shoujo Koukyoukyoku)
    1. Shoujo Koukyoukyoku
    2. Sugao de KISS ME

4th Single (Beyond the Bottom)
    1. Beyond the Bottom
    2. Chikatetsu Labyrinth

5th Single (Bokura no Frontier)
    1. Bokura no Frontier
    2. Tightrope Runaway
    3. Outlander Rhapsody

6th Single (Koi? de Ai? de Boukun desu!)
    1. Koi? de Ai? de Boukun desu!
    2. Yuki Moyou Koi no Moyou
    3. TUNAGO

Collab Single by Wake Up, May'n! (One In A Billion)
    1. One In A Billion
    2. Ousama no Cadenza

7th Single (7 Senses)
    1. 7 Senses
    2. Tachiagare! Rokunin ver.

8th Single (Shizuku no Kanmuri)
    1. Shizuku no Kanmuri
    2. Onaji Yume o Miteru

9th Single (Suki no Skill)
    1. Suki no Skill
    2. SHIFT
    Albums:
    1. Wake Up, Best!
    2. Wake Up, Best! 2
    3. Wake Up, Girls! Solo Event 2017
    4. Wake Up, Best! 3
    Series:
    1. Wake Up, Girls! Character Song Series
    2. Wake Up, Girls! Character Song Series 2
    3. Wake Up, Girls! Character Song Series 3
    Anime:
    You can watch all of it on Crunchyroll (except movie 2 and 3)
    In order of release:
    1. Wake Up, Girls! Shichi-nin no Idol (Movie)
    2. Wake Up, Girls! (TV, Season 1)
    3. Wake Up, Girl ZOO! (ONA, spin-off)
    4. Wake Up, Girls! Seishun no Kage (Movie 2)
    5. Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom (Movie 3)
    6. Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou (TV, Season 2)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    Other Groups within the Wake Up, Girls! franchise:
    I-1club
    (アイワンクラブ)
    I-1club is an idol group that first appeared in the Wake Up, Girls! TV anime series. They are the rival group to Wake Up, Girls!. Under the slogan "Absolute idol group reigning at the top of the idol world!" There are 200 members divided into I-1, I-2, and I-3 armies. Every month new girls are joining while others are fired. Though the group does not have a real life equivalent, the voice actresses sometimes appear in character at Wake Up, Girls! events. The group is an allusion to the real idol group AKB48. [Credits: http://wake-up-girls.wikia.com/wiki/I-1_Club]
    upload_2018-10-28_21-44-6.png

upload_2018-10-28_21-42-34.png
    Doesn't this look similar to AKB48's Iiwake Maybe? [hehe]

Members:
    Current Members
    (Disclaimer: The AKB48 counterparts are my own personal observations of the similarities I was able to pick up between the members of I-1club and AKB48)
    1st Generation:
    Kondo Mai (近藤麻衣) is a first generation member and one of the oldest members of the I-1club at 24-years-old. Her nickname is "Maimai." She serves as the group's team captain and is very strict in maintaining their top performances and activities. She is voiced by Kato Emiri (加藤英美里). Her AKB48 counterpart is Takahashi Minami.

Yoshikawa Megumi (吉川愛) is an original first-generation member of the I-1club. Her nickname is "Yoshimegu." She is one of the main I-1club characters to the Wake Up, Girls! story. Despite originally not being in the front and center as well as having gone back and forth with the I-1 and I-2 armies, she is now one of the most popular members of the club. She is voiced by Tsuda Minami (津田美波). Her AKB48 counterpart is Kashiwagi Yuki (this is one of the members I'm unsure of their similarities, yukirin is the closest resemblance I could find to her character).

2nd Generation:
    Suzuki Rena (鈴木玲奈) is a current second-generation member of the I-1club. Her nickname is "Ren Ren."She is part of the "W Suzuki" duo alongside Moka Suzuki. She has the top class singing ability in the group, but it seems to be the result of hardships with repeated efforts. She is voiced by Akesaka Satomi (明坂聡美). Her AKB48 counterpart is Matsui Rena.

Aizawa Nanoka (相沢菜野花)
    is a second-generation member of I-1club. Her nickname is "Nanokasu." She is one of the most popular members of the group because she wears glasses throughout her performances and promotions. She is voiced by Fukuhara Kaori (福原香織). Her AKB48 counterpart is Tomomi Itano (this is the other member I'm unsure of, tomochin is the closest resemblance I could find to her character. They kind of look similar if tomochin was wearing glasses).

3rd Generation:
    Kobayakawa Tina (小早川ティナ) is a third-generation of the I-1club and a front member of the I-1 team. Her nickname is "Ti-na." She is half-British and half-Japanese. Due to her fancy style, she is responsible for the charm of the group. She is voiced by Yasuno Kiyono (安野希世乃). Her AKB48 counterpart is Kojima Haruna (although she seems more like Shiraishi Mai from Nogizaka46).

4th Generation:

Suzuki Moka (鈴木萌歌) is a fourth generation member of I-1club and the current center. Her nickname is "Moka-ga." She is also part of the "W Suzuki" unit alongside Suzuki Rena. She is voiced by Yamamoto Nozomi (山本希望). Her AKB48 counterpart is Matsui Jurina.

5th Generation:
    Takashina Rika (高科里佳) is a fifth-generation member of the I-1club and the newest member in the main seven. Her nickname is "Rikacchi" given by Iwasaki Shiho. She is voiced by Ueda Reina (上田麗奈). There isn't a specific AKB48 counterpart I can think of, but I believe she represents a majority of the new gens who admire their original gen senpais.

Former Members
    1st Generation:
    Shimada Mayu (now in Wake Up, Girls!) [Her AKB48 counterpart is Maeda Atsuko]
    Serika Kurokawa
    Shiho Iwasaki (now in Next Storm)
    Singles:
    1st Single (Little Challenger)
    1. Little Challenger
    2. Shirts to Blouse (This song is comparable to AKB48's song Ponytail to Shushu. It is similar in terms of the title and it kinda sounds like a more cheerful version of the song).

2nd Single (Gokujou Smile)
    1. Gokujou Smile (there is also a Wake Up, Girls version)
    2. Jera

3rd Single (Unmei no Megami) [Double ver. release of Team S and Team M]
    1. Unmei no Megami (Team S and Team M ver.)
    2. Little Challenger 2015 (Team S and Team M ver.)

4th Single (Double A-side: Resurrection/Tomaranai Mirai)
    1. Resurrection (Next Storm)
    2. Tomaranai Mirai (I-1club)

5th Single (Double A-side: Kimi to Progress/Jewelry Wonderland)
    1. Kimi to Progress
    2. Jewelry Wonderland

No Original Albums, but have appeared on all 3 Wake up, Best! albums. They have one original song in Wake Up, Best! 3 called Knock Out (not performed by the original seiyuu but by their stage actresses)

NEXT STORM (ネクストストーム)
    NEXT STORM are an idol group that first appeared in the Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom movie. It is a branch unit from I-1club based on Fukuoka which members consisting Iwasaki Shiho as center position with three members from I-3. Like I-1club, the group does not have a real life equivalent but the voice actresses sometimes perform in character at Wake Up, Girls! concerts. This group is an allusion to the kawaii metal band Baby Metal [Credits: http://wake-up-girls.wikia.com/wiki/NEXT_STORM]
    (Couldn't find a decent photo of the real-life group)
    Anime Counterpart:
    [​IMG]
    Members:
    Center:
    Shiho Iwasaki
    (岩崎志保) is the center of the group. Her nickname is "Shihocchi". She was formerly a first-generation member of I-1club. She was also the former center of I-1club after taking the role from Shimada Mayu. Despite her center spot and being one of the most popular members of I-1club, she continues to view Mayu as a rival. Her center duties for I-1club have been succeeded by Suzuki Moka. She is voiced by Ootsubo Yuka (大坪由佳). Her AKB48 counterpart is Oshima Yuko.

Other Members:
    Mizuta Aya
    Morina Noa
    Hinako Fujisaki
    Singles:
    1st Single (Double A-side: Resurrection/Tomaranai Mirai)
    1. Resurrection (Next Storm)
    2. Tomaranai Mirai (I-1club)

No original albums, but appears in Wake Up, Best! 2 with the song Resurrection.

Run Girls, Run!
    (abbreviated as RGR)
    Run Girls, Run! is an idol group created for the Wake Up, Girls! anime franchise. Much like Wake Up, Girls!, the unit acts as a fictional group in the Wake Up, Girls! universe and also take part in real life idol activities. They made its first anime appearance in Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou. Run Girls, Run! was formed through the "avex x 81 Produce Wake Up, Girls! AUDITION 3rd Anisong Vocal Audition" the same one Wake Up, Girls! went through. The group made their real life debut at the July 30, 2017 Wonder Festival "WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!!26" event by singing covers of 16-sai no Agape and Tachiagare! [Credits: http://wake-up-girls.wikia.com/wiki/Run_Girls,_Run!]
    upload_2018-10-28_21-46-18.png

upload_2018-10-28_21-49-2.png

Members:
    Koko Hayashi (林鼓子) is a voice actress affiliated with the agency 81 Produce. She voices Hayashi Ayumi (速志 歩) in the Wake Up, Girls! franchise who is her anime counterpart. She is a big fan of Shimada Mayu.

Yuka Morishima (森嶋優花) is a voice actress affiliated with 81 produce. She voices Morishima Otome (守島 音芽)in the Wake Up, Girls! franchise who is her anime counterpart. She is a dedicated fan of Wake Up, Girls!.

Atsugi Nanami (厚木那奈美) is a voice actress affiliated with 81 produce. She voices Itsuka Atsugi in the Wake Up, Girls! franchise who is her anime counterpart. She is an I-1club fan.
    Singles:
    1st Single
    1. Slide Ride
    2. Sakura Gelato

2nd Single

1. Kiratto Start
    2. Prima☆Donna? Memorial

No original albums, but appears on Wake Up, Best! 3 with an original song called KakeruxKakeru.

Other Notable Characters
    Shiraki Toru (白木徹) is the I-1club's General Manager, Producer, Company President. His goal is to push the I-1club to be the most popular Entertainment Group in Japan. He is the former producer of Saint 40 (an Onyanko club counterpart). His belief of forbidding the members to have personal relationships are based on real life instances where idols who are known or even suggested to have such relationships are either demoted or removed from their respective groups. He is voiced by Miyamoto Mitsuru (宮本充). He is the counterpart of Akimoto Yasushi.

Hayasaka Tasuku (早坂相) is an A-list music producer of which the I-1club is one of his clients. He also has produced songs for Wake Up, Girls!. He is voiced by Suzumura Kenichi (鈴村健一). His counterpart is Inoue YOSHIMASA (I can't think of a specific counterpart but I believe it would be him since he has created many hit songs for AKB48. His character also reminds me a bit of Tsunku).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    Announcement of disbandment on June 15 (2 days after I created this thread):
    The official website for the Wake Up, Girls! voice actress and singing unit announced on Friday that the group will disband in March 2019. The group will host a final tour, and the post assured fans that the members will continue their activities as voice actresses. The post stated the group will disband so that the members can each pursue their individual goals and dreams and so they can walk their individual paths [credit]. A link to a translation of their announcement can be found here. But to sum it up, the group itself will disband and the members will continue their voice acting careers. However, the actual "Wake Up, Girls!" project will continue (I am assuming that Run Girls, Run! are not disbanding judging from this statement but I think realistically I-1 club will also no longer release any songs).

They will have one final tour called "Wake Up, Girls! FINAL TOUR - HOME" and there will be three parts:
    1. Part I: Start It Up,
    2. Part II: FANTASIA
    3. Part III: KADODE
    I can't believe I didn't find out about this until now :cry: I guess I've been so busy paying attention to Produce 48 that I haven't been looking at any other groups. I'm honestly so heartbroken this group is disbanding because I believe they have some of the best idol anime songs. I just can't believe not a lot people know about them it's really such a shame that they're so underrated. I think I-1club will also not release any more songs because of this and it's so sad since I really do think this group had the best songs in the whole franchise. I also had no idea that they would disband so soon because they had just established a new sister group at the end of last year but at the same time considering the failure of their anime series it was probably bound to happen :(

For anyone who wants to see the legacy that they've left behind, you should all at least watch the first movie and first season of the anime coz it was pretty good. It's probably the most realistic idol anime there is as it tackles topics on how difficult it actually is to debut, being forced to do fanservice (gravure) and the impact Shunkan Bunshun can have on an idol's career. The dances are also hand-drawn which is extremely rare in for an idol anime (not in s2 tho). And if you don't like anime and only like idol music, then I will list some songs I recommend that you should listen to down below:
    Wake Up, Girls:
    I-1club:
    Run Girls, Run!:
    I've also listed all of their songs up above in my previous posts. I genuinely like all of the songs this franchise has released and I don't think they've ever released a bad song imo.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  4. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    WUG will be releasing a best of album on January 23 2019 called "Wake Up, Best! MEMORIAL". It will also include 4 original songs that have not been previously released! This album, which will be a large volume of 8 sets, contains songs as a voice actor unit as well as character songs of TV anime.
    https://moca-news.net/article/20181004/2018100418000b_/01/
    [​IMG]

5. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    言葉の結晶 (Crystal of Words) is one of the 4 original songs that WUG will release in "Wake Up, Best! MEMORIAL"

if the video does not show watch the video here
    It's such a nice song, I'm excited to hear the other 3 :)

6. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    30 sec CM of "Wake Up, Best! MEMORIAL"

7. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    土曜日のフライト (Flight on Saturday) preview. The second original song on their upcoming album.

8. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    The last two songs out of the four new songs being released on their upcoming best album:
    さようならのパレード (Goodbye Parade)

海そしてシャッター通り (Sea and Shatta Street) [not sure if this is the correct translation]

9. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I've finally have time to write this but as of MARCH 8 2019, Wake Up, Girls! held their final live at Saitama Super Arena (Wake Up, Girls! FINAL LIVE ~想い出のパレード~). This was a sad day for me and other WUGners out there as they have officially disbanded :cry: I've watched Part 1 of their tour, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the other two parts especially their final live because it'll really feel like their gone :(

This video is a behind the scenes special of their final live tour:

This video is a great summary of Wake Up, Girls! journey (although it does focus more on the anime side it does talk about some stuff about their real life counterparts):

Wake Up, Girls! and Run Girls, Run! have all of their songs now up on Spotify. I-1 club also have most of their songs up on Spotify except for their 4th Single: Resurrection/Tomaranai Mirai.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    AH! Idols of Anime re-uploaded that video because Viga's old account got shut down, but she re-uploaded it in time for their anniversary~ I love her Idols of Anime videos~

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

We just commemorated their disbandment 2 years ago. Many of us attended their final live at SSA and we still have our memories of that day.

WUG最高!

• Like Like x 1