1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Was 2014 a good year for your oshi?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by notsolittlej, Oct 31, 2014.

1. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday
    Or to be more exact, do you think she rose in popularity compared to last year? Did she drop? Or has it stayed around the same?

What kind of bad/good things happened to her and do you think there is a chance she can get more popular within AKB next year?

And I know 2014 is not over yet but since there are only 2 months left I think it's safe to draw conclusions about whether it's been a good year or not for the most part.

For my oshi, Tanochan, it's been a good year definitely. And I definitely think there is room for her to go even further in AKB in the future.
    Good things that happened in 2014
    • Moved to Team K which most people consider it the most fitting team for her
    • Centering most K stages (Yuko's position) as an under
    • Promoted to a show regular in AKBINGO! (with an appearance rate of over 90%)
    • Many appearances on AKB's other variety shows (Ariyoshi, Nemousu TV, Renai SSK)
    • More radio appearances than last year
    • Twitter account
    • Surpassed 100k followers on G+
    • Started appearing as an under for senbatsu on music shows
    • Had a unit in Yuko's graduation concert
    • Funnashi chose her as his oshimen (lmao)
    • Centering Hebirote in Team K's tour
    • Will reach 300 theater performances (currently at 297)
    These are some of the things I can think. There are more small good things that happened as well.
    And her four most recent and biggest successes are these
    • Got selected to enter senbatsu by management for the first time
    • Got her first job outside of AKB (a stage play)
    • Was chosen for the role of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz auditions by Miyamoto Amon
    • Will be getting her own documantary which will be aired in TBS next month
    Bad things that happened
    • She fell rankings on the SSK
    • Her handshake sales are still not ideal

Discuss.

2. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    Hell yeah. Madoka surprised me a lot this year. Getting the solo in KIV's stage, ranking the ssk for the first time at #25 and getting into AKB senbatsu. To bad she dropped to the back row in HKT though.

3. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    YES and I think it can only get better.
    • Ranked up to senbatsu at #15, first AKB senbatsu appearance
    • First solo appearance on national TV
    • Became a twitter trend for catching the camera during KNP + her eyes
    • Bubka will have a full size Aya mask for her "staring power" (lolwtf)
    • Top 7 on Bukiyou Taiyou
    • Included in like 90% of the SKE CMs (lost count), got a solo photoshoot from Toyota
    • Her UG center song "Ai no Imi wo Kangaete Mita" ranked #46 on AKB RH, Aun no Kiss also ranked Top 200
    • Chosen for AKB 2015 calendar senbatsu and Hawaii photobooks
    • Getting more solo photoshoots and magazine covers
    • Chosen for 2 AKB B-sides
    • Reached 100,000+ G+ followers
    Things that could be better:
    • Still #4 for Team E, should be top 3
    • Not chosen for LabRat
    • Doesn't seem like she'll be chosen to represent SKE in senbatsu like Dasu (hopefully will be compensated with better SKE positions)
    • Still a gap between how much fans like her vs management likes her
    I think that's all... but yeah, very good year.

My other favorites have also been doing well too; Inuzuka Asana finally promoted; Fujie Reina transferred to NMB but became senbatsu and doing musicals; Futamura Haruka ranked and chosen for SKE senbatsu, etc.

4. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Not sure. Ranking in next girls in the election was good but she's still absolute back row in senbatsu and it's unlikely her standing in the group will improve. I can't think of anything else good happened to her when it comes to 48.

Best thing was that she graduated from HS and got into a University. Probably far more important than 48.

And she looked hot all year long

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

For my current oshi, yes indeed. And I feel she will skyrocket from now on. :D

But up until August I was oshiening to Ricchan and... no, it wasn't. Except for coming into senbatsu in the election, but that still was tainted by that :censored:.

6. moonlit

moonlit Member

Anna's CM finally came out, she had such a great position, she ranked....and then the scandal and ensuing punishment.
    Haven't seen her much since then .___.
    And now that I saw how awesome Jo is, I just might oshihen.

Most of the members I like did well this year, except Karen (didn't rank again Q_Q;, but she was in a unit~)
    and Okada Kanna, who was injured.

7. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Mine got noticed quite a lot thanks to her gravure work, and she is getting closer to team B members (takahashi juri). Even though she wasn't reconduct as center of HKT 4th single, i think 2014 is going to end in a positive note.

I want her to change her haircut, though.

8. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    For Yukirin, meh, could've been better~ Staying in Kami-7 in SSK, being in her first NMB Single (Top 6 as well). Good CM Campaign in the summer.

For Milky, the first half of the year wasn't really good. That scandal made her drop from senbatsu and yet this half of the year was flipping amazing for her! Winning Janken, getting a solo single, being in 38th Single senbatsu (Though quite far back). Made close aquaintances with SKE members (To me, especially Churi since she's also in BII with Milky~)

For Churi, she ranked down 8 ranks but is still in UG, she is in Rashikunai's senbatsu. Was in Bukiyou Taiyou's senbatsu. I guess it's been good so far... Hope she and Airin are in 16th Single senbatsu~

For Airin... Was in top 5 for Next Girls, though dropping down 10 ranks from UG~ Became the leader of KII after Churi~ I guess variety shows got her somewhere, became closer with the transfers and kennin (Though I think she's still a bit bitter about Milky asking Churi to keep their kiss a secret XD)

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Oh yeah.

Good Things that have happened
    - #1 in the SSK
    - Centering the rest of the singles this year for AKB48
    - Top 3 in MSM
    - Taking over as Center of AKB48 after Yuko's graduation
    - Solo Commercials
    - Modeling for Avail

Bad Things that have happened
    - Personal IG hacked
    - Being diagnosed with acute tonsillitis

10. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    hmm
    for Rena
    good things this year
    - got her first lead role in a movie that aired nationally, gift (it was released in bluray too) and the actors are very veterans and the movie got good reviews
    - stayed in kami 7, moved up 2 rank to her highest yet
    - gazilliton number of CMs and photoshoots and covers and shows, etc etc
    - top 5 Nogi singles
    - she ventured out into her solo activities more this year than ever
    - still a hs queen, no 2 in the whole 48G

bad things
    - votes dropped around 2k (not that much though)

11. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Ehhh... both yes and no?

Like on the positives:
    -becoming Team B's vice captain has probably helped her visibility
    -she actually got a unit in the B3 revival as opposed to being an under
    -she's had a lot of tv work and is pretty much a regular on Miracle 9 which is a golden hour variety show
    -plus getting into catteleyagumi for kibouteki (not counting her single unit for konjo, i'm pretty sure this is the first time shiichan's been in a ug unit since vamos)
    -and getting into the team surprise unit as well

But for negatives:
    -didn't rank for a second year in a row
    -didn't get any concert units in any non-team concert, including the akb only one

12. iwatatesahos

iwatatesahos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    The year didn't start of great considering the shuffle pushed Saho back in the team 4 hierarchy (she was just behind the musketeers in Love Shugyou, Seijun Philosophy and Team Zaka). However she managed to rank for the first time, even if it was only in Upcoming girls and came #4 in janken (if only they hadn't changed the system this year!!) Plus she's been included in B-sides like Konjo, the new Yurigami group and the fan-chosen Team Surprise song as well.

I think even though management is reluctant to push Saho given her age she has a fairly strong fanbase that will hopefully be able to push her further next year.

13. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well, not really a good year.

1. her 2nd single was postponed
    2. she was rejected by yuko for being best friend request
    3. she couldn't re-enter kami 7 at sousenkyo, moreover she dropped in ranking
    4. she was diagnosed with allergy of eggs, meat, and certain food. she couldn't eat katsudon, her favorite meal, again until uncertain time
    5. she lost her voice at handshake event today (2014.11.03)

but she could meet atsuko at kibouteki refrain MV filming and seems to be really happy, cheerful, and always called "atsuko, atsuko...". so she got that going on for her, which is nice

14. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    a) Her ranking increased (a tendency since the first time she was available for voting)
    Future Girls - Next Girls - Undergirls.
    Senbatsu next year? UG center at least, I hope

b) Despite her initial feelings about the Daisokaku Matsuri, she's one of the most active/reliable performers in current Team A.

c) Got a decent amount of units in RH 2014 (her trademark song didn't fall from Top 100).

e) First senbatsu appearance (appearing in one of the covers)

f) More photoshoots/fanbase growing

g) Seems way more confident and keeps improving herself.

i) Included in different campaigns (!!)

j) TWO CALENDARS: being the Top 12 of AKB48 (not counting kennin) gave her the chance of featuring in a poster solo calendar, plus the usual desk type.

Yes, this is a good year for Muto Tomu.

-

Among the things I don't like (even if it's not really surprising) is the fact that she had zero screentime in Kibouteki Refrain, and since she's lower senbatsu, I don't carry much ups for the Live Version either.

Also, I hated how the Daisokaku Matsuri was Team K's 'fault' and how she was so willing to keep doing her best, but got moved anyway; but to be honest, I always wanted her in Team A...since she was Sasshi's under in 2012, and this movement proved to be great!!

But it was really painful to see and listen her crying...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  15. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    I wont talk about Paruru since there are lot of her fans here who could describe better whether this year is good or bad for her :^^;:
    Who I want to talk about is Sayaya....Damn this year seems to be really good for her :1st:. High rank in Janken and join the senbatsu for Kibouteki Refrain. She even got a really nice position. Her HS result is unexpectedly great :cute:. And the most recent good thing happened to her is that she centered some songs in Hokaido performance. And she did great too. :^O^:

16. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

Bad for:
    -ChorixMacchun:Their full transfert is awful for her,Not senbatsu but in her own group yes it's lame.
    -NatsumikanxMurashige:Useless kennin. They are the only who don't use their kennin and not senbatsu in her own group it's unacceptable!
    -Takayama Kazumi:She is senbatsu but always in back dancer and she is just the substitute of Matsui Rena unfortunately :/
    -Kawamura Mahiro:best dancer,best singer,great aura,charism but never senbatsu :/
    -Karen,Rie,Mocchi,Akicha,Myao,Oya,Shimada,Abe,Mariyagi,Mayumi etc... are forgotten :/
    -Yukirin:She is 3rd but always ignore :/ it's inadmissible, i hate the injustice and she is talented.Not cool. But she is center of french kiss and team N but i prefer center of AKB.
    -The Tentoumu Chu except Mako:Less push i'm happy because it was annoying always the same.But it's not finish i know.
    -Matsumura Kaori:Not senbatsu again!!

Good for:
    -The kami7 like always(Jurina,Paruru,Mayuyu.. the most liked of the management)
    -Tano Yuka
    (i hope more push for her and more opportunities,she is a good performer,worker all)
    -SakuraxHaruppixMadoka
    -Mirukii(
    Very proud that she win and i hope a great song with difficult dance for her single)
    -Sayanee(win popularity everyday!)
    -Momoka team M:I hope her in the senbatsu again the next time

17. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Center of Team N? Do you even know what you are talking about? You're lucky some of the most dedicated NMB fans in this forum haven't read that (yet). And gosh! Yukirin ignored! Thank you for the good laugh. :^^;:
    The rest of your post implies that you seem to think that if a girl isn't in senbatsu then she's not successful and had a bad year. If that's really how you feel first of all you're wrong and second of all you're not gonna enjoy your time in the fandom...

18. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Bad :
    - her votes decreased in SSK
    - still bad in handshake
    - her subunit seems to be over

Good :
    - Front girl in Labrador Retriever & Kibouteki refrain
    - even more CMs
    - returned back to Team K and became their Captain
    - her relationships with some members (such as Ryoochan, Ricchan, Sayanee) became stronger
    - had an unit & sang the OST of a drama with them.

Thanks @Deyan, I really wanted to say this... Also @figulou, I know french fans loves to complain on anything but please... Can you stop to bash new gens everytime, even when it's not the subject ? You don't even tried to know them, you're just bashing them because it's the current trend and "gna gna they stole my oshis place"... That's a really childish way of thinking.

19. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

Yukirin is the double center of team N with Sayaka . And ignore i think about her position of the single except for the election. And no, i haven't say that they aren't successful when they aren't senbatsu.And i can give my opinion. There are good and bad things and you are just quote the bad thing that i say.

20. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

I don't bash new gen^^ and i never say that they stole my oshi place. And don't take my comment for a personal attack.I love some new gen i never say that they are all lame. I don't like that. We can give our opinion. If you are not happy you don't read my comment .And i'm not French,just live and born. So stop.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014