1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

I think Mayuyu was somewhat prepared that this might happen, she was so composed during her speech.
    I got a bit flashback for Yukos speech when sasshi won.

Actually very proud of her to take it like she did, mayuyu sure has grown a lot these years.

I also gotta say, the more grown up/mature mayuyu have started to grow on me a lot, I did not really like her in her younger days.
    I like what she become.

2. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. shinlyn

shinlyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Whatever happened, happened. We just need to move forward positively. Im sure every mayu-oshi is saddened by this but please dont blame anyone for our defeat. Everyone had worked hard, it's just that we cant predict the unexpected thing. We just need to give our all next time in order to take the throne back without any regrets and rooms for excuses.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaremoDesu

DaremoDesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I feel bad as a Mayuyu fan for saying this, but, I don't think her result was that disappointing. She had been queen once and her speech was great. That being said, of course we should fight back next year!

5. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I heard akb last 2010.. I followed Jurina first... I liked her boyish personality.. after seeing the 6th sousenkyo... I decided to look for another one. I saw tani... Now that I saw Mayuyu's reaction... I know that it's way too late. but I'll switch my kami-oshi to Mayu from J... Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.

6. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Congratulations

Hoping u stay till the end to choose her as your kami oshi

7. sizardow

sizardow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    sizardow
    Mayuyu ranked drop. I expected that, but I didn't expected her ranking will drop to #3 honesty speaking...

I very admire mayuyu now... When the mc announce #3 was mayuyu... IMO, mayuyu feel relived, having fun, positive feeling and she doesn't really care more about ssk, she seem having fun... Before the announcement , I thought she who cry when she ranked #3 because last time she get #4/5 she cry because she didn't happy with her ranking... But now I can really see the mayuyu who are mature ... The REAL CYBORG IDOL!!!

8. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    at first I did not like her kyara.. but this moment went very well... she's enjoying her stay in AKB and I think that's the most important thing. she's an otaku... just like my other oshimen tani and rena.. rena might graduate this year so I'm left to 2 oshis..

9. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

OHH I am happy, that althought she got 3rd she won a fan, I hope that you stay long for here:):)
    I expected her to be third, so I was not really surprides when she was called
    I hope Mayuyu can be first the next year, we have to make it happen another time, althought there is a difference of 29k votes, we can make it if we put our efforts on it, we make it in 2014 with a gap of 40k, we can repeat if we give everything we have
    I really admire how Mayuyu handle the 3rd place, she was positive, and she will not give up. I think she could have been second if her single was not so near tho the ssk, everytime she has a single near of the ssk, she ranks down.
    I hope Mayuyu can get more jobs outside akb or singles to see her more, I hope that being 3rd do not affect that
    We can change the past, but we can change the future, now is time to focus in her single, I hope that her single is very succesful so that she can have more and can gain more fans and jobs. I love her single maybe is my favourite mayuyu's single

10. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    to be honest she really impressed me.. cause I don't really like girls that are always smiling or do cutey stuff. this time I realized that she can handle things. I might have been following the wrong member til now. good luck to J.. I'll support Mayu from now on.

11. Artist

Artist Kenkyuusei

Congratulations! 165,789 VOTES :ome:
    I call this improvement
    Moreover, she smiles! That is the right thing to do.

12. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

Yeahh if we see the good part , she has won votes kie 6k, althought amybe for some people is a few, it is an improvement
    Mayuyu has never lost votes (I think that it is a really good thing) in ssk, I think next year she will win more, and she is going to be number one, we can make it, I hope the next year every mayuyu fan gives averything they can
    I am happy to see that you say that I hope that you support her for a long time, Have you heard her single?

I already want to see her singing her song , I can not wait

13. TakaminaForever

TakaminaForever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I was disappointed that Mayu ranked 3rd, but then again, it's not too surprising. Let's put all our efforts into next year's SSK! Congrats to Mayu for gaining more votes than last year.

14. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    hello mayu fans! it's my first time to post in mayu's thread... she's one of my faves (or should i say oshi?) and i've always been a silent reader in this thread.. just read and not posting anything...
    anyway after this year SSK i just feel like i had to write something ! this year i'm rooting for MaYuki to get 1/2 it doesn't matter who's 1 or 2.. but in reality Mayu got 3rd.. i'm so sad.. but then when she gave her speech.. i'm just like.. speechless ! she handle it with so much grace and she is so matured ! i just had a new level of respect for her :) but there's always good news, her votes increased ! and her new single is amazing ! i wished her single sold well ! i will cheer on Mayu harder than before from now on ;)

15. Stephen

Stephen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I didn't know what to think when she was called for number 3, but her smile made me feel happy. It's alright. We will try again next year.

16. ABF48

ABF48 Member

She's the legend. I think she is the winner this night. Her smile, her brightness, no one can defeat her. :)

The good news is, she still the main center of AKB, no one can replace that. except mgmt choose paruru again.

Sashi may the queen this night.. but the center is still mayuyu.

17. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    Really happy about how Mayu accepted the rank. Jumping up when she was announced, giving lots of smiles during her speech.. :) Only she will know if these smiles are real, but it did help me (& hopefully other Mayu oshis) get over the loss a bit better.

I was so nervous right from the start. I had the urge to break down from all the stress & all, especially if Mayu wasn't #1. But when I saw Mayu's reaction, all forms of sadness/urges to cry all disappeared. That's how powerful her smile is. :)

Also love her speech. It's simple yet brings the point across.

But I'm still frustrated. Upset too, but more of frustration. We will reclaim the throne next year!

18. airi

airi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Disappointed yet unsurprised at Mayuyu ranking #3. Her smile and acceptance of it really made me feel better about it, though. I respect her even more after this SSK. It was so much easier to be okay with it once I saw how she accepted and appeared to be okay with it. She'll always be the queen in my eyes. But I do hope she ranks higher next year!

19. Starlight

Starlight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mayu also did the same thing at 16 years old - crying and lamenting her fate. But she learnt a lesson and very quickly changed to being thankful every year, no matter what her rank is. I thought she'd reach her breaking point in 2013 but she held on, so no surprise she is graceful as usual this time.

Whether it's 3rd,2nd or 1st, i believe the "Mayuyu call" which sent shivers down our spines is the ultimate proof of her popularity. You can have your own faction of fans, but will an entire stadium cheer for you?

Translation of her speech

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last year, i had almost 160k votes. This time round i surpassed 160k. I'm already very honoured and thankful. Compared to Takamina san and Maeda san's touching scene, my appearance may seem very boring.*laughs from commentators*

Last year i got No.1 and received a warm Mayuyu call. Even up till now, i can't forget that scene. It is my lifelong treasure. I was first last year so looking at the situation i was aiming for a higher position this time - straight win, but since no one has achieved that in the history of AKB, once again i feel the difficulties of realising it. Even though i feel regretful, i am also thankful to the people who have supported me. Even though i wanted a straight win, i had a feeling that it'd be difficult, so i can't do anything about it. *laughs from commentators*

I'm 3rd, but i won't be satisfied with things are. As i hate losing, i will work hard and aim higher. So..there's no more time left? *looks to the MC* Thank you very much!

2 Tweets from Mayu earlier

選抜総選挙 第3位 ありがとうございました!!!
    Senbatsu Sousenkyo 3rd Place Thank you very much!!!
    2連覇はできなかったけど、なんか今すごく清々しい!!
    I couldn't get the straight win, but somehow i feel refreshed!!
    沢山の応援をありがとうございました!
    Thanks for your support!

変わらずプリンくんと同じ3位だったよ!!
    As usual I was 3rd, same as Purin kun!!
    プリンくんは1位目指してね!また投票するからね!
    Purin kun please aim for 1st!! I will vote again for you!
    [​IMG]
    *Purin kun (Sanrio character) is going through his sousenkyo as well and was placed 3rd in prelim rankings. He is the first person Mayu followed on Twitter and Mayu is always retweeting his cartoons. Her concern about Purin kun on this night is so heartwrenching.

20. Ruki

Ruki Kenkyuusei

Thank you for everyone who voted for Mayu! And congrats to Sasshi + Yukirin!

Although I'm disappointed with the result, I love the way Mayu accepts her ranking and how refreshed she looks after wards. It's as if a huge load of burden is taken off from her shoulder. She smiles happily too! Even the commentators praised her growth and her gestures. Her speech is really good as well.
    After this sousenkyo, I can't help but grow to like Mayu even more (didn't even know that was possible ;D ). So much respect for her. I'm really glad that she's my oshi.
    All we can do now is to support her even more, and when next year comes - let's us Mayu fans unite and reclaim the throne!

Looking forward for Jounetsu Tairiku next week~

@Starlight I was actually expecting "Sasshi call", even more since it's in Fukuoka Dome. But that didn't happen. Like you said, it goes to show how extraordinary last year's 70000 people "Mayuyu call" was. Winning popularity votes is not even enough to make entire stadium unified. So proud of Mayu!