1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. fire_cheetah

fire_cheetah Kenkyuusei

Unrelated to Mayu, amid of Mr. Kinoshita’s controversy, there are news that another prominent filmmaker, Sion Sono, has allegedly pressured actresses for sexual favours in exchange for better opportunities.

Although the case is completely unrelated to Mayu, it is another indication that such misconduct is prevalent in Asian showbiz. As an Asian myself, I had heard of a lot of similar speculations in countries like Japan, Korea and China, but in most cases, there are little substantial evidence. Other prominent cases include Korean actress Jang Ja-yeon, who was sexual abused and committed suicide in 2009. In Hong Kong, actress Yammy Lam Kit-ying, who suffered from depression, claimed that she was raped by two “big brothers” in the industry.

And even in the US, sexual abuse is a common problem in Hollywood:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ommon-sexual-misconduct-hollywood/1083964001/

In Asia, where people are more timid and reserved in general (no offense), abuse of power is more common and I believe that the problem could be even worse here. It seems to be so prevalent that perhaps every actress, singer and idol were at least given ambiguous offers of doing sexual favours for better opportunities at some points of their careers.

Back to Mayu, I also hope that she is not a victim. Her personality would have valued dignity, honesty and purity with high regard. If she is a victim I think she would be particularly traumatized. But I have confidence that Mayu, being so smart and honest, can fend off all those insulting and humiliating attempts. Even in the worst case, if Mayu is a victim because she was too young and powerless to resist it, I would stand with Mayu and support her as always.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Deep down I know Mayu wouldn't make an appearance at the 3rd gen anniversary, but I'm still sad :( This also sort of diminishes my hopes that she'll make an appearance at Yukirin's gradcon, whenever that may be

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    If there was such a bet, I would bet that Mayuyu will appear at Yukirin's gradcon (whenever that is).

4. sumone

sumone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    渡辺麻友
    Expected that Mayu wouldn't appear at the anniversary, but having it confirmed still hurts :(

Yukirin's grad concert is our last hope, though to be honest I am quite doubtful. I just hope we get something, even if it's a letter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    Don't get your hopes up tho
    as far as we know she enjoying her life right know

Maybe she watch it as a fan idk
    we can only hope for the best hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the drama Tatakau! Shoten Girl from 2015. I never saw this drama before so I really wanted to see it! it made me happy to see Mayuyu ;w; even though it's old, it's like 'new' content for me. Personally I enjoyed the drama, I thought it would be just about books but it was a mix of stories related to the bookstore and romance, both Mayuyu and the other lead actress Inamori Izumi had their own love stories. Btw this actress kinda looks like Yukirin from her side-profile lol. Mayuyu did great in her role, she played a young passionate girl who's kinda over-enthusiastic with books and has a lot of ideas (all the times where she raised her hand XD). The story had quite a lot of touching moments and Mayuyu did very well with the acting like when she got angry, cried etc. it also had meaningful scenes (maybe I was just touched because I miss Mayuyu >.<). I'll say a little more opinions under spoiler!

I like how Aki (Mayuyu)'s story went in the drama, she started dating quite early in the story and I liked her couple, and the way they end up getting married at the very end ^^ I didn't include any screenshot of Mayuyu in the wedding dress since it's a spoiler, but she looked sooo beautiful. Also I kinda expected that in the end, they would close the bookstore. I like that Aki ends up joining the new shop of Riko (the other lead girl), it's a positive ending!

I took a lot of screenshots of Mayuyu in the drama, actually most of the time she was wearing her work uniform but I tried taking screenshots of when she wear casual clothes. Pretty <3

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg
    011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg
    021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg 030.jpg

:cute::cute::cute:

• Like Like x 8
  7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ah...that drama...I remember when I was watching that I REALLY envy her room and want one for myself lmao. [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I enjoyed the drama too and I was disappointed that it finished early due to poor ratings, it deserved to be so much more popular. Mayuyu also sang the theme music 'Deai no Tsuzuki', here's the official MV:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I actually forgot to say this haha. I really loved her home, the whole room, it looked so nice! I wish I lived there!

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

I love all the scenes that happened here since the place feels so cozy + Mayuyu looked great in casual clothes <3

I love this song, it brings back good memories ;w; it was great everytime it played at the opening of the drama!

I remember reading back then about the poor ratings so I was wondering if I would like the drama. well honestly, just the fact that it has Mayuyu is enough for me, but I actually really enjoyed it generally and to me this is a good drama, the cast as a whole is good too (btw Yuria also has a role in it), I also like the stories of the other lead girl, and of course I loved the stories of Mayuyu the most, and her character, and all the ideas they had for the bookstore, the different friendships and romances, the atmosphere... I liked it all. it was a good watch!

Live performance of Deai no Tsuzuki for more good memories <3

• Like Like x 3
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm currently watching a Mayuyu drama as well actually, Itsuka Kono Ame ga Yamu Hi Made, or as it's known by its English title, "Someday Until This Rain Stops". I've only seen two episodes so far, but the acting in the whole show feels a bit forced sometimes, not necessarily Mayu's. Her male counter part is attractive though and there is a lot of good tension. I'll give a proper verdict when I've finished watching it [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  11. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That is rather surprising but a really pleasant result. I thought at best she would be #3 below Acchan and Yuko but alas :2nd:

• Like Like x 2
  13. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The poll just validate that Yuko and Mayuyu win fans' hearts. Acchan was more of Aki-P's favourite

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    I wonder if mayu saw it?

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    She was, but let's not forget that fans voted her as the centre twice after all and AKB48 became famous when she was in the centre. Personally, my list would look different. I like Mayu as a person and as an idol, but unfortunately, I didn't much like the singles that she centred. 11gatsu no Anklet was my favourite by a lot, but I didn't like Labrador Retriever, Kokoro no Placard or So long! very much. They're not bad songs, but just not very exciting to me. Kibouteki Refrain was good, if that counts.

I'm glad that Mayu captured fans' hearts though. She was undoubtedly very popular and would have been the undeniable center of AKB48 for quite a few years if Sousenkyo had been AKB only.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Haxie

Haxie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    i miss mayuyu so bad i just wanna know if she's happy :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. fire_cheetah

fire_cheetah Kenkyuusei

It was the 5th year anniversary of Mayu’s grad con yesterday. I watched the whole grad con yet again. What an introverted but honest, diligent, and capable girl. I miss Mayu so much too! But I never have any doubts about her ability, I always believe she will find her own way to live happily‼

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is from back in the end of April, a fan of Mayuyu and Yuiyui talked about Mayuyu to Yuiyui during the online talk, and Yuiyui said that they exchange line messages during birthdays! This made me really happy when I read this back then (and I don't think it's ever been shared here) ;w; I love both of them so much and I'm glad they keep in touch! Also, two days ago during the show 'Love It!' where Yuiyui appears, there was a guest who said that he went to Yuiyui's handshake before, and when asked about who is his oshimen, he answered Mayuyu, there's an upload of the video here. it's just little things but I love it when Mayuyu is being mentioned ;w; I miss her so much ._.

Btw back in early October, AKB did their Request Hour for b-sides and the song that ranked #1 is Yobisute Fantasy, MaYuki double center! <3 They performed it with Yukirin and Yuiyui as centers ^^ it's just perfect. Also, during one of the concerts, they performed 11gatsu no Anklet. and Rinrin made a tweet talking about her memories of the song because it was her first senbatsu. in her tweet, she talks about Mayuyu's costume, and she also included a picture of her and Mayuyu from back then ;w;

Yuiyui also talked about 11gatsu no Anklet and about Mayuyu on her Showroom after the concerts. You can see it here with subs!

Speaking of 11gatsu no Anklet, yesterday was the 5th anniversary of this single's release... this is one of my favorite AKB songs and I always love how Mayuyu is in the MV. So beautiful. This song made me feel nostalgic even back then when it was released, the music and the video just have this nostalgic feeling... and now it makes me feel even more like that T_T <3

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

• Like Like x 10
  20. Haxie

Haxie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    I wonder if she had been deliberating to retire for a long time or not. I just remember opening twitter and seeing her tweet, feeling like it was out of the blue and so sudden Can't celebs retire from working in the industry but still keep in touch with their fanbase? Although that would be a selfish wish of mine since complete retirement seems to be what she wanted T T

(My favourite Mayuyy gif as comfort)[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1