1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

You have to wonder at this point how optimistic girls like Mayuyu can possibly be considering last year's results. Do you think they've all resigned themselves to competing for second place? Sashi got so incredibly many votes in 2016. Any reason to think we won't see a repeat?

2. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

Agree with you. Last year we go all out as Mayu still show here determination for the 1st rank, as she also claim last year was the last SSK. But this year it feel like she just participate for the sake of AKB, and I really don't see her will to compete... Even though it is not many since i'm overseas fan, I also went out all last year with 22 vote, but i'm really confuse what to do now...
    And this year however will be hard for Mayu's emotion, since Yukirin don't participate in....

3. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
    Wrong, never said that, what she said/implied is "this might be her last chance to win SSK", i still clearly rmember the word she use, wich is "Rise again/a comeback/kaerizaki". I also remember she look so optimistic last year, she submit her application with yukirin and she look so happy with it.

Well, Mayu has arldy submit her application.. and we need to be there to support her, so please vote as much as u can. Ganbamrimashou!!!

4. cl3vuxu4

cl3vuxu4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    cl3vuxu4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  5. kreepy

kreepy Kenkyuusei

my prediction is Mayu has better chance this year, due to 2 aces Yukirin and Yamamoto Sayaka not participating. Yukirin's voters could mainly shift to Mayu, whilst Sayaka's voters could be harder to predict. Jurina and Sakura would be very strong contenders. But AKB wota would want to see someone from AKB goes to top. If Mayu still cannot win without Yukirin, then it would be her faith not to see no1 again.

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Actually Sayaka voters would be pretty easy to predict. It won't surprise me if she wants them to vote for other NMB48 Members.

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It is not only Yukirin, but potential votes from Paruru and also Kojiharu. Sure, it probably won't be a lot in terms of percentage (votes from them), but it might give Mayuyu a fighting chance. Also Sayanee (just like Sasshi and Sakura), a lot of her fans aren't necessarily NMB fans and if I were to guess whether Mayuyu or Sasshi will get more Sayanee votes, I'm guessing it will be Mayuyu (of course NMB will probably get the biggest percentage of Sayanee votes).
    Also we aren't certain that Sasshi can mantain that kind of result, it might go up or go down.
    I just hope that Mayuyu fans will still vote really hard for her because I think with a lot of spare votes, this is probably Mayuyu biggest chance to beat Sasshi.
    Personally I like Sasshi more, but as an AKB fan, I want to see Mayuyu win.

8. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

These just melted my heart. <3

9. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

What i meant as from a HS report last year, a fan asked Mayu if she gonna participate next year, Mayu said that she won't/don't want to and last year will be her last. But I dont remember precisely it was before or after the SSK

And after a day, i think I will however still go all out this year, since she participated in... However it is not as I was on fire last year...

10. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Mayu has a great chance to win this year but only if Yukirin oshis will help. I think it's an interesting storyline and I'm not getting the sense that Sasshi really wants to win it all that much. The apppeal videos and consequent interviews will be interesting. I still think this ssk is going to suck tho lol

11. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Sure she didn't say this was going to be her last ssk on twitter?, I think she even aimed for kami7 instead of victory but might be wrong, anyway I don't believe in these "X votes are going to Y" theory, the whole idea of voting for someone else oshi is stupid.

12. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Personally in these cases I don't trust fan reports at all.

Yes, and Team B hako-oshis :p

13. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The idea of "all/majority of X votes are going to Y" is stupid. But nobody is claiming that. Otherwise, most people will predict Mayuyu for the win instead of Sasshi since there are around 90k to 100k votes from Yukirin. I do believe that Mayuyu will get the biggest percentage (not majority!) of Yukirin votes compared other members getting that Yukirin votes.

14. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

I do not know if Mayuyu can win this year, do someone know if mayuyu wotas or chinese fans have been saving or doing a campaign?
    Because I have not seen anything, and I see us , her fans, less prepared than last years and more quite regarding ssk, I am almost sure that sasshi fans are going to increase or keep the same aomunt of votes of last year, it is difficult for Mayuyu to win , maybe if she says something to cheer us, but I think this is the year she has the least possibilities to win, I do not believe that Yukirin fans will vote her, and even less Paruru and Nyan Nyan ones

15. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hopefully Mayuyu do win :) Plus its her 10th year in AKB48 so hopefully she is rewarded :)

16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    As Mayu is the last original Kami 7 and this is her last election I wonder if Kami 7 fans will support her. Yuki fans and AKB group fans will probably help for the sake of AKB member leading.
    It will be really sad if she doesnt win her last election.
    Also want Mayu to win because I feel they will give her a classic idol song like Labrador which I love.

17. MAYUniverse

MAYUniverse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Just something that come up on my TL, japanese fan said that its better to not make any presumptions that we might get any helps from other fans, think about how we should collect ourselves to support mayu by our own strength. *from 2ch, yukirin fans pretty much dont show any interest on voting on mayu.

also, i feel that if mayu win, i WORRY that AKB gonna keep her as long they can, and i dont want that, my hope for mayu is her to graduate as soon as possible. i dont want her to be like yuko who's graduating in 24/25yo. With that age, there will be less prospect in the future if mayu gunning for acting. else, even if she keep staying, i dont see any point because i dont see her getting any push from mgmt anymore.

i want this year to be her last year in AKB, i dont care anymore about the promised album or solo concert, as long as mayu can graduates this year, then i'm fine with not getting any album from akip.

Everyone deserves to win, there's no term like "she's more deserved or not". still appreciate your opinion tho.

I read somewhere that this is also sashi last ssk, so my advice is, please dont worry about mayu winning or not, u can just focus on voting your oshi to bring her to win.

18. cl3vuxu4

cl3vuxu4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    cl3vuxu4
  19. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    In Yuko's last election she ranked #2 so Mayu winning really wont affect management's plans on keeping her for longer if thats what they want.

20. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Agree with you . Not only that Mayu did state and on a twitter post if I'm not wrong that this would be her last sousenkyo unlike last year where fan said Mayu told them , it may be true but I would believe it if Mayu really states it