1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Risa (Berisa) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I gave translating the interview between the photos a shot. I stayed as close to her original syntax and way of expression as possible. This time, she filled out a survey where she choose between two given terms/options and wrote a reason below. The choise is written in red color, reason is below. Additionally, I added some personal commentary on my part to some questions. Feel free to ignore these if they don't appeal to you, and enjoy the interview!

EDIT: Sorry about this, but something I can't figure out keeps messing up the format and opens up a 2nd spoiler whenever I write something into the first, regardless of how often I correct and preview/re-post it. Kindly ignore this slight error, thanks.
    1. Kinoko No Yama or
    Takenoko No Sato
    From when I was little, I didn’t eat Kinoko No Yama very often.
    Commentary: These are two types of sweets; biscuit with a delicious chocolate coating in form of either mushrooms (Kinoko no Yama) or (Takenoko no Sato), manufactured by Meiji. They're identical in their taste, so it's more of a personal thing which one to choose.

2. Sea or Mountains
    "Summer!" is what comes to my mind.

3. Dog or Cat
    Because it approaches you.

Hiragana or Katakana
    It's easier to write.

5. Skirts or
    Trousers
    Skirts don't suit me.
    Commentary: In Japanese (and generally Asian) fashion culture, skirts are much more frequent than in western countries. This is likely why she was wearing a skirt in her surprise fashion check (KeyaKake Ep. 24) regardless of this attitude, because it's considered the usual fashionable piece for women.

Diurnal or Nocturnal (daytime activity)
    A while ago it was nocturnal, but now I want to sleep a lot.
    Commentary: Could be related to a tight working schedule, but on the other hand, she always stated that she loves to sleep a lot.

Summer or Winter
    Because I like summer.

8. Zoo or
    Aquarium
    It's refreshing and indoors.

Drama or Variety
    I like variety, too.

Commentary: She was never the type to raise her voice and catch attention during a show, but that doesn't always mean that people like that don't want to get attention or the chance to shine as well. She could fulfill this with a marvelous role in TokuDare.

10. Rice or Bread
    It tastes good. (Bread tastes good too.)

11. Outdoor or Indoor
    Because I like going out. It depends on the time and occasion.

12. Social studies or Science
    Because I'm bad at maths.
    Commentary: In the no-brainer contest on KeyaKake Ep. 29, she placed 15 out of 21 with a total of 47 out of 100 points, a below average but not awful result. Her highest score actually was science with remarkable 16 out of 20 points, followed by maths with 10 out 20. Social studies was 7 points. I have no idea what's on her mind; maybe she's a bit like me some years ago: Dislikes maths but actually is not untalented with it, just doesn't like to learn.

13. Sports Club or Culture Club
    Because I like sports.
    Commentary: Hardly a surprise as in the athletic ability contest (KeyaKake Ep. 7) she showed one of the best overall performances, with #1 in high jump, #2 in softball throw, #3 in 50m dash and always setting high expectations for herself.

14. Milk Chocolate or Bitter Chocolate
    Because it's sweet.

15. Sweet Potatoes or Potatoes
    I like meals with sweet potatoes.

16. Clear Weather or Rain
    When it rains, the humidity is high.
    Commentary: Obvious observation is obvious. Classic Berisa comment.

17. Silent Majority or Te Wo Tsunaide Kaerou Ka
    It's a cool and stylish tune.

18. Telephone or Mail (LINE)
    Because it's comfortable. But I like mailing too.

19. Disneyland or DisneySea
    There are many enjoyable attractions where you can scream out.
    Commentary: She said she really enjoyed the rollercoaster ride in KeyaKake Ep. 12, despite hiding her face and screaming out at high speeds. This, and generally breaking out of her shell here and there, seems to be the type of thing she's into.

20. 31st of December of 1st of January
    The countdown is fun.

I didn't notice her as one who changed that much since the debut so far, but when I look at her now, I have to admit that she's grown up too.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. berisama

berisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayasakatsumugi
    Thank you so much @Atreyu

Her ability with sport actually catch me off guard at first.
    And yes, I think she's one of few member that have major change. She's smiling more, that probably because she start to feel comfortable with the environtment and gaining more self confidence.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Risa has written a blog post about the new senbatsu. She seems more disappointed for her fans than for herself. She starts by saying how happy she is that the 21-member senbatsu continues. She says it makes her feel comforted, and blessed, and adds that it will not mean that they rest on their laurels at all, but will work hard.

As for herself, she says she does feel a bit upset about being dropped to the second line, but she feels it is a good place for her. Bring in the front row made her a lot more noticed, and she wants to keep that going. She does apologize to her fans for not fulfilling their hopes of her continuing in the front row. She doesn't want people to say: "Oh, she was only there once." Rather than seeing this as a demotion, though, she has a positive attitude and will be working hard in her own special way, and she hopes her fans can take an optimistic attitude, too.

This is another blog post without any pictures, like Fuu-chan's. I feel as if the members leave pictures out when they want to be completely serious.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Za cool :hehe: too much coolness..i can't take it anymore :blush:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  5. Jagan no Otoko

Jagan no Otoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    LOL what did I just watch... :XD:

PS. As always, they look great together!

6. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

LOLLL :^^;:
    Now that's a real cool!

7. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    OMG, so funny.

8. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Its good to know, so many involved have said how hard working they are, and that they are so different than other idols
    Yeah I feel that they are only doing this to promote the back row members, and theres no way that Risa will only be in the front row once, she will be back there again!
    Yeah, I think it's so the only thing you see is the content, nothing to distract, so thats a very good theory.

9. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    even when sleeping, risa is cool!

10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Berisa lotte cm

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. Midsummer Rain

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    These CM's are so funny.

12. Midsummer Rain

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Well, I don't follow HKT (and 48G), so I can't say anything.

13. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
  14. Midsummer Rain

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Risa + food = win!

15. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    She looks amazing in those.

16. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Watching Keyakitte Kakenai 33, Risa says she has no business with her father and that she doesn't call him, neither loves him nor hates him?

Does anyone know what this is all about?

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@Christoff522 in episode 33, they were doing survey about members and they asked how Risa call his father if i remember correctly.
    Risa replied was "nen" and she dont really call her father like papa or Otosan. they didnt tell us why and then they jumped to the next question.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  18. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Actually, it went somewhat further. EP33 was about highlighting the 'Silent Minority' - members fill out a survey and those who leave a strange or minority answer (not used by many other members) are asked about it.

Risa's way she calls her father is 'nee' (equivalent to saying 'hey, you'). Sawabe and Tsuchida tried to make a joke about it speculating about her father's name being 'Watanabe Nee-zaburo' or that it's just a sign of rebellious youth, but actually she says she doesn't ever call him and has no memories of having called him 'papa' or 'father'.
    At this point everything should be pretty clear, but Sawabe then asked 'Do you like him? Your father?' and then there was the infamous 'I don't like nor dislike him' reply.

One can speculate about this, be it a matter of early divorce, Risa being a child of unmarried parents or other 'serious privacy' things like that, I dare to say it's nobody's business and was pretty angered at Sawabe at that time because I have a similar case in my family and know how it is to be asked about it. Furthermore, in Japanese society, people tend to be much more serious about matters like divorce, family problems or stuff than in most western countries, so asking that question especially on TV was totally out of place. But I think that was the only time I can recall when I was unsatisfied with Tsuchida's and Sawabe's MC actions.

19. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Yes, I was curious because it was so awkward.
    I do feel for both Rika and Risa, for her to be like that she must have suffered some serious emotional trauma.

The MCs definitely moved on very fast. I think they understood that this wasn't a joke after she said she neither loved nor hated him.

Yeah I assumed it was something to do with divorce, but for Risa's sake I won't speculate further.

Thanks both Atreyu and CutePanda for your replies.

20. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't go as far to think about an 'emotional trauma' or things like that. But things like these are utmost privacy so I think there shouldn't be any jokes made about it, even on a variety TV show hosted by comedians. To use that as a push for the seeming 'cool' image is inappropriate. It's just not nice to broadcast, nobody should be happy to see something like that (although it is 'interesting' in a certain sense).

But actually this was so long ago that I completely forgot about this, haha. If you look at the upside, she seems to be very close with her mother. In the family survey episodes, her mother eagerly participates and expresses overly excessive support for her daughter, much to her embarrassment. So good!