1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Welcome to 2013!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    We made it! The world didn't end! [party]

Welcome all to 2013, another year I'm sure will be full of hopes, fears, frustrations, and blaming Aki-P for every little thing. 2012 was a cracker of a year for AKB48 (as you can see in the Year in Review thread), with tons of new faces, the farewell of too many beloved members, and finally getting to Tokyo Dome. I'm sure this year will also bring many crazy changes and events that will have half of us jumping around in glee and the other half raging at their monitors. All part of being a fan!

As for Stage48, the biggest thing to happen was moving from our old Dreamhost shared hosting plan to a new VPS with Myhosting in June. The process ended up taking a few days, causing us all to go into withdrawals... and then had a few problems after that, but they have eventually all disappeared (I hope!). We encountered the unexpected issue of running out of memory during the height of activity during Acchan's graduation, but having doubled our capacity, it shouldn't happen again...!

Since everybody likes pretty pictures, let's have a look at the last 6 months. I don't have access to the (crap) logs the previous host offered, so I can't really compare us to last year, but eh, we should always be looking forward, right? :p

[​IMG]

Ignore June, as that's when the forum moved over. You can see we've had a steady increase in growth over the past 6 months; the large spike in August would probably have been Acchan's graduation, though it was also when the Wiki was moved across, so lots of work would've been done on it then too.

[​IMG]

2012 brought a huge influx of Indonesian visitors to the forum, which isn't surprising given that JKT48 kicked off activities around the end of last year/start of this year.

[​IMG]

One for the tech fans; big "hi" to our Playstation-using visitors [hehe] These figures are just from December, but are pretty much the same for each month.

Looking forward into the new year, we've got a few improvements cooking. An updated FAQ thread based off the most common questions asked in the Q&A thread, a new forum style (if I can decide on a colour scheme :lol: ), and of course improving and updating existing threads. As ever if you have an requests or comments drop by the feedback thread, it's not always possible to implement requests or changes due to time or technology, but we can do our best to polish what we've got.

I think that's about it... thank you all for contributing to make Stage48 the best forum on the internet, whether you're a grizzly veteran of the idols wars looking to impart cynical wisdom or a fresh-faced newbie just stepping into the pool for the first time. It's a healthy mixture of both that make a great community, which is what I think we've got here. Looking forward to riding the roller coaster with you guys all over again in 2013!

[​IMG]

JUST A MOMENT!

It couldn't be an AKB-related event without a surprise, right?

First off, all teams need fresh blood to keep them young and full of energy. It's the reason AKB recruits new generations of girls to learn the ropes and grow into valuable members of the group; and a moderation team is no different. So, I'd like to welcome ithebigc as a member of the team. I've watched him grow up along with AKB48, from an enthusiastic young Mayuyu fan separated from AKB48 by the endless gulf of language and distance that plagues us all, but has since matured a lot and contributes every day to the fandom, helping with translations and spreading information far and wide. Welcome aboard!

Secondly, there's someone who has contributed a ridiculous amount not only to Stage48, but the whole fandom in general. Endless amounts of news updates, translations, answering question after question; it's hard to believe he's only been around for a year, it feels like forever. Of course I'm talking about HoneyRoastedPeanuts, who has gone far above and beyond the call of duty in his dedication and service to this forum. Since the forum founders Kyobu and Kaito rarely visit anymore, that makes me the only admin responsible for the running of this place; normally that would be fine, but should the end of the world decide to occur in my localised area, someone else would need to take care of the forum, and as such, I'd like to welcome HRP as an administrator. Stage48 will continue to be my baby, but with an extra set of hands on board we can be sure things will get done better than ever.

On a personal note, I'd like to mention that I'll be studying Japanese in Tokyo from April; aside from contributing to translations, I'll try my best to help make foreign fans a real and recognised part of the fandom. I'll be standing on the shoulders of giants for sure, but I'd like to continue their work of communicating with both Japanese fans and staff. I'm in this fandom for the long haul so I'll do my best.

Alright, I think that's all the surprises done... happy new years!

2. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Happy New YEars!! [party]

Congratulations to HRP on the Admin status [clap]

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    All those traffic coming from the Philippines and I'm still seeing so few of us here in the forum, those lurkers, shrugs.

Congratulations to HoneyRoastedPeanuts, I'm amazed you really made that plan of yours work. Looks like I'll be seeing lots of first post in red, your username that long already stand out and now its red, the more so it does. [hehe]

I remember sometime in June I queried alexa.com about the rank of stage48.net in global traffic it was in 264,311, now its in 145,413. The server move did great, right?

4. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I've never looked at those before. We're the 3,857 most popular website in Indonesia! Come on #1! :lol:

5. Ninja_Penguin

Ninja_Penguin Kenkyuusei

Happy New Year and congratulations to HRP and ithebigc!!

6. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    Finally 2013 ! [party]

Thanks to everyone in this forum who helped me so much in the last year since i've joined this forum .

Looking forward to make more friends here in the upcoming year .
    It's feel so amazing when all fans around the world were united together to support 48 idol group

P.S congratulations for HoneyRoastedPeanuts , we counting on you [party]

7. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I have to admit that 2012 wasn't the best year for AKB...

However...I believe with the help of AKB fans from this forum and all around the world, we can make 2013 the year when AKB48 and their sister groups will be able to shine the way they're supposed to and make 2012 look like a thing of the past [rock]

By the way, Congratulations HoneyRoastedPeanuts!! You truly deserve to become one of the admin's :D
    We are all counting on you to help lead this forum!! Cheers to you and Mr Waffle :XD:

Ganbatte ne!! :D [rock]

8. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Well, the Mayuyu part hasn't changed at all [hehe] I think this year I'm even more head over heels in love with her than ever before [blush]

And I'm glad to be a part of the team! As AKB enters a critical period in 2013 with the continuation of their 2nd chapter, I believe we as international fans will also be entering a period of change and we'll all come out for the better because of it, in terms of how the forum will work. I've never been a moderator before, but having been with the forum for over 4 years, I feel I have a good gist of how it works. stage48 has been my premier source for all AKB discussions and that's not going to stop. I will be working hard to improve the experience for everyone, and I hope that it'll be just as valuable a tool for your fandom as it was and still is for me.

I'll probably be more active than ever with my posts and translations (gotta catch up on those Milky/Nana posts, man :hmm: ), but I'll also be in the background doing mod stuff. I feel this position is one of great privilege as well as responsibility, so I'm definitely going to do my best for you, the readers and contributors to this forum even as I slowly learn the ropes. If you need me for anything, I'm pretty much almost always close at hand in some form. Throw me a PM which is connected to my email, or send me a tweet at ithebigc (same username, yes), which is connected to my phone and I'll try to respond back as soon as I can.

Happy New Year, everyone, and may your love for AKB/SKE/NMB/HKT ever grow!

9. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    It's a bit surprising that Japan is ranked 4th on the pages and hits.

They're onto us :fear:

10. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    TGSK/Management has known about stage48 for years (not kidding) [hehe]

Congrats, ithebigc and HRP!!

Also, many thanks to Waffle and the rest of the staff for the hard work this past year. I appreciate the time/energy it takes to keep this place running smoothly.

Happy New Year fellow stagers! [party]

11. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Wow....Indonesia is the 2nd highest on the list... JKT48 must've worked very well [hehe]

12. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    It has been a pleasure to roll with the Stage48 together [clap] Thank you to everyone who've contributed so hard to make the forum as great as it is. Indonesia ranked 2nd, lol, sure thing there are a lot of silent readers in this forum

And special congratulations to HRP for getting promoted to Admin. You deserve it man [party]
    also congrats to ithebigc for his moderator position [party]

Happy new year guys!

13. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I join the congratulators. Having just looked at the New Year's Concert from Vienna. Sorry to say it but there is AKB48 completely eliminated in comparison, but they both play in different divisions. :)

The statistics do not look good. Sweden in 23rd place! But we beat Norway and Denmark, which does not even fit on the list. Maybe we can beat Finland next year and at least be the best in the Nordic countries? :lol:

14. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Congrats to both ithebigc and hrp on their promotions :)

15. netmand

netmand Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    stage48.net has been the go-to source for my AKB48 fix practically every minute I'm awake.

I must say a hearty, "good job", to all of the staff that make this site work around the clock and around the world.

A special note of thanks to HRP. I visit practically every part of the forum and usually find HRP's handle there too; making relevant threads and keeping people on topic, and saying things constructively and with a lot of maturity. Also, for enabling all of the LOD stuff (I am a DMM subscriber) that has literally consumed all of my free time and then some.

I am looking forward to this year's participation here too. Thanks again everyone, enjoy this new year and all of the new growth we are going to see in all AKB48 groups.

16. admiraltolokus

admiraltolokus Kenkyuusei

Oklahoma has traded tornadoes for earthquakes
    Happy New years to stage48! I only recently joined the site, but for the past several months I was already getting more and more of my daily AKB48 information from here so I feel much better having joined. I doubt I could contribute much of anything to the site, more like I will learn a lot of everything AKB48 related instead! As to the locations of fans worldwide who are in stage48 and ya going to Japan to study Japanese there, yes please do let them know they have fans all over! Even in Oklahoma, there are some of us who religiously watch AKBINGO! and other shows the girls appear on! Asides from that, my thanks to all who contribute, I have much to learn n am in yall's debt!

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Happy new year 2013!!

This forum is really a source of information im pleased to go everyday! I would like to shout out to HRP and and MrWaffle for all they have done to the overseas community. Without you guys, we wouldn't be able to love our oshis as much as we do!!

Let's have another great year!

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Happy new year to everyone!! [party] [party] Thank you, MrWaffle, for taking care of the forum!! [bow] And congratulations to the promoted members!! ;)

19. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Congratulations to HRP on making admin and ithebigc for becoming mod [party]

Having a Mayu oshi as moderator can never be a bad thing [hehe]

20. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Thanks for all the good work!