Welcome to Stage48 version 6!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Hi from Hawaii! It's been while since I logged on! New job, school, more friends, and AKB was here lol. Just wanted to throw some props to this new Stage48. Very cool! I wonder how it'll look on mobile too!

2. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

There's always a rank somehow for people, because posts do matter, not the count but the longevity of the member etc..If someone's posting here 3 years+ or is a regular around the place, he would in most cases know know a lot about the group or dealing with people in the forum, ofc there are some newcomers who're instant veterans, in most cases they're lurkers. I don't think having everyone batched up in the title of a Kenkyuusei is really necessary. If anything, for the fun of it some websites/forums allow users to just have their own title once they reach a certain post count or time in the place.

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    All the ranks are there, we just haven't reactivated the "advancement" system yet. Obviously it's pointless to just set everyone as KKS and leave it like that, it's a work in progress.

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I can't see anything along those lines anywhere. What exactly are you talking about.

@SunnySK42 Mod notifications aren't really that much of a priority to be honest. I just wanted to illustrate that it's a technical possibility. It's one of the reasons why I'm going with a preset list of members instead of a field where members can type in whatever they want. Then we'd have "Omori Miyu", "Omori Miyuu", "Miyu Omori", "Miyupon" and "Your Mom". That would make it impossible for us to actually use that information for something.

I'm not including graduated members for terminology/definition reasons. The term "oshimen" refers to someone who is part of a larger group. Sayaka, Acchan and other graduates are single entities by now, so if you support them you support them as proper artists. They sure do have a place on this forum as graduates in a what-are-they-doing-now sense (where else would you talk about them?), but they're not "members" anymore, so there's really no "oshi"-ing/supporting them anymore in an AKB-context.
    Really not intending to discriminate anyone, but doesn't that seem like a sensible way to go about it?

I mean sure, technically I could add graduates in but I'm a completionist and that list is gonna be... ugh. :cold:

@SnipaKill I already addressed the demotion of everyone in this post (no VI). It's because we're introducing a promotion system based on different factors than before. Once the new rules take effect everyone's gonna be able to get points and whatnot just like before.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  5. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    [​IMG]

is this rating system fixed yet?
    *seeing how a thumb down is colored green feels weird*

6. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I want to give someone a rainbow, how do i do that?! lol

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The rating system is just a test right now and not fully configured so you can't use it yet. There's not going to be THAT many ratings. Just a taste of what's coming.

8. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    untitled.JPG

9. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    @SunnySK42's idea is really cool tbh. Is there any way we can know the list of people that have the same oshimen? :cute:

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    @kimunlimited It's basically no different than something you'd write on a Facebook profile. It's your own profile page and you (and others) will be able to post and reply to each other on there.

I understand that all too well. It took me long enough.

@PooPyon It's easy to see on our end, but not a standard function for members. It should be possible to make that look-uppable. I'll come up with something.

Stage48 is now also available on Tapatalk - besides having its own responsive theme.

11. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Oh, I just try using the damn thing. Status message appeared in Profile post, really Facebook like.

I might use this in sharing anything worth it instead of posting it in the post dump or try venting my anger here instead of the Rant or Rave thread.

12. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    At last!
    Thank you, HRP-sama

13. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    The Tapatalk environment is only good for viewing Watch Thread. I'm currently browsing on Tapatalk and I'm quite missing a lot of features.

But it's a good addition to the options, nonetheless.

14. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Yeah, not mention I lost 5 likes because of those tests. One tiny step of popularity and it's all disappeared.

I'm using Tapatalk to post this, and it's seems everything feels normal.

15. No One

No One Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    You guys did a really great job of upgrading this place, now all looks much more neat and ordered. Kudos to you guys once again.

16. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hi just want to say a big thank you to the admins for migrating, designing, and enabling tapatalk. It's wonderful to be able to browse stage anytime anywhere!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  17. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Yes it can be disabled from our clients, but it comes at default. Simply go to settings> tapatalk signatue and choose " none".

Sorry didn't know the forum has rules against mobile signatures.

18. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Fair enough, it's not exactly relevant here, so my apologies! :flower:

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Oh no, there's no rule against anything Tapatalk at all. It just seems unnecessary to have the post mention that you sent it from there.

20. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Thank you, I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry if I came on a little harsh. Where I live it's a difficult topic to avoid so the reflex is strong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.