Welcome to Stage48's new home!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If you're reading this, hooray- the forum move worked! The forum started off as a small and easy to manage fansite many moons ago, but has grown to have thousands of visitors and countless posts. It simply grew too large for its shared hosting, and so we've finally, after many ups and downs (mostly downs), migrated to a much more capable hosting plan.

At the moment, only the forum itself is up and ready to roll- the wiki and studio48 are still works in progress. Also incomplete is setting up email features for the forum (eg notifications of PMs). Attachments have been turned back on, at least!

And last but not least, we have a whole heap of new avatars to choose from in the avatar gallery (User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Avatar -> Display Gallery), thanks to the hard work of saika.city, who obviously slaved over a hot image editing program for many moons to make avatars for the trillions of girls in the AKB family. Thank you for your efforts!

It's been a bumpy few weeks, but hopefully the worst is behind us, and after a bit more fiddling everything will be running smoothly and we can get back to more important things like complaining about who gets more screen time and why Aki-p is blind to (insert member here)'s talent, since that's why we are all here. In the mean time if you find problems, please let me know, either here, via PM, the ! (report) button if it's a post issue, in the forum maintenance thread, via twitter @stage48 .

Thank you everyone for your seemingly endless patience while all this took place, I hope we'll never have to do it again! :lol:

Mr Waffle

2. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

Thanks so much Mr Waffle :)
    I'm really happy to be back ;') :)

3. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Hello world!

Glad to hear it's back up and running.

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Rejoice! Thanks to Waffle for setting us up.

Everyone else - welcome to the new and improved server. Let us know if you should run into any problems.

5. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Just a few quick observations:

• Email notifications do work, but it directs me to the IP address-based website, instead of "stage48.net/forum/...". Minor issue, though.
    • Google DNS seems to be redirecting fine at the moment; my Vodafone mobile broadband-based DNS server hasn't redirected to the new server.

6. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Ok, the forum should be working... again... :fp:

The old host (Dreamhost) was having system problems today (plenty of people complaining about it on twitter to them!), and whatever was happening, was causing the address stage48.net to point back to the old forum. Their system has finally started working again and should be pointing to here from now on. I hope. :fp:

7. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Yay! I can see the forum once again. This has been the longest week ever lol....

8. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Yes it works! Thanks for the hard work Mr. Waffle!

9. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Good to be back

Thanks for the hard work!!

10. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Welcome back [party]

11. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

Thanks, Mr. Waffle! [party]

12. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

Thanks Mr. Waffle (awesome name btw)

I'm not sure if it's just me but when I try to go to the site using the Mac, I continue to get the message about it pointing to the old site instead of the new site. However, I have no trouble getting in using the PC or tablets [wonder]

13. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Guh! We are live once again! :XD:

Holla to the server change. Pages load so much faster now.

(And I so have to redo my posts from before. :p )

14. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Glad to see our forum back up :inlove: Lots of news over the weekend, so I was refreshing stage48 intermittently hoping it'd finally redirect correctly so I could discuss.

Alleged Sasshii scandal pictures in color, probably confirming it!....crap, can't discuss.

AkiP has found next Jurina!....nope, still can't discuss.

Milky probably joining Team B on June 29th! Why you no back up, stage48? :cry:

It takes downtime to realize how much I miss stage48 sometimes :D And now I shall discuss to my heart's content thanks to a more stable host.

Thanks for everything, Mr Waffle!

15. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    It's nice to be back [party]

Thanks to the new server's software I can see all sorts of information about the site, like where people are accessing from, what they're looking at, what errors are happening etc. Currently getting a ton of 404- file not founds from Indonesian and Chinese message boards hotlinking wiki images :nothappy:

Avatars- Team 4 avatars are now up for selection, thanks saika.city!

Wiki- I think I mentioned the software needs to be updated before it will work on the newer version of PHP the server has, so I need to work through the guide on that. I try to do it today but no promises it'll work [hehe]

Studio48- It's just a matter of setting up an account for it and uploading the files, shouldn't be a problem. I'll do it when I have free time later today.

Try following these instructions to force your Mac to update its address information.

http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

16. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    お疲れ様でした!

17. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Thanks for everything you've done Mr.Waffle and the other people who worked to get the forum to its new server, it's great to see the forum up and running!

18. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

*cues singing choir :worthy: new server

I'm glad S48 loads so fast now and comfortable knowing it'll be even more reliable.

off-topic
    Does S48 have a google+? Or is it just twitter.

19. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

[party] thankyou so much Mr.Waffle you're the best [party]

20. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Thank you so much, but I still have some problem: when I open a page in the forum, or open the forum itself, I get the same page when the forum was down.
    (take in consideration I live in Sudan)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.