1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Tatami Mats, Sep 10, 2007.

1. fael_c00l

fael_c00l Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Raphael_Raditya
    reading The Amazing Spiderman #26 now :) :)

2. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Krieg Ohne Hass english translation, just in form of PDF.

3. ajeossi76

ajeossi76 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Usually I have always some book under way, but nothing right now. Main reason is, that I have this urge to read some H.P.Lovecraft book next, but I don't have any in my possession. Have to wait a little while to get some spare cash and order a book or two.

4. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
  5. ponsaya0388

ponsaya0388 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    IMG_20171124_073906_HDR.jpg
    A pretty dense book.

Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
    1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
    2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
    3. Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
    4. Requires excessive admiration.
    5. Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).
    6. Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends).
    7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
    8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
    9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    You study psychology or just have interest in psychology?

I studied public administration but I think I dislike it, wanted to re-enroll college to study astronomy because I realize this is my actual interest but I need to leave Indonesia to as close as Australia or New Zealand or Japan because I'm overaged for the only university in Indonesia even Southeast Asia that offers astronomy as study major.

I think I need to go to a library to find books from Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking, or Neil deGrasse Tyson.
    Books about science other than astronomy/cosmolgy that I'd like to read: books by Richard Dawkins.
    Non science book I'd like to read. Books by Noam Chomsky, Karl Marx (don't worry, I won't become a communist).
    Biography I'd like to read: Johan Cruyff's autobiography that was released posthumously.

7. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    OH MY GOD WE HAVE A READING THREAD
    My degree is in Literature and I have read over 90 books this year (this includes manga... a lot of manga) so this is amazing. <3 I am currently reading:

The Girls by Emma Cline - which arrived the day Manson died and is based off of those horrific events; I will be giving it away once I have finished it, because it is very airy and seems to glamourise the cult, even though the author claimed that wasn't what she wanted to do;
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller - this is my second attempt at reading it, and it still seems to suck. Will persevere this time and (hopefully) finish it.
    The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber - this book is so heavy you could knock someone out with it. Very, very detailed and sensory, it has taken me ages but it's really enjoyable.

8. ponsaya0388

ponsaya0388 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    Nope, i'm just a casual reader :^^;:, and actually it's been a while since the last time i read a psychology book (the last one is T&T)

iirc, (since you live in JKT) maybe you can go to Freedom Institute, they got some Sagan and Hawkings book, and... a complete collection(?) of Dawkins. (but if you still haven't read God Delusion, there's a Bahasa version published by Banana).

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Oh that's in Menteng. Do I need to join the club, probably paying monthly dues needed?

Well. I studied in UI and we have a large library but if I'm looking for books I desire to, the librarian would ask why a political studies faculty looks for cosmology books? Well, I've been graduated. I'm still unemployed, what I want know I want to study undergraduate again in astronomy/astrophysics. I just began to aspire Tohoku University in Sendai. Wanted Hokkaido University in Sapporo but such university doesn't offer astronomy, meanwhile Tokyo University is too hard to catch, and Tokyo is a city with expensive cost of living too.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Ohmy, I didn't know we had a book thread after 7 years here!

Well, I'm reading a lot at the same time at the moment.

- The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
    2013 Pulitzer winner and my gosh it's good. Already bought The Secret History because this woman's prose has he elated.

- The Burning Ground, by Adam O'Riordan
    Got this because he teaches a master on Creative Writing I want to do in Manchester, so i was curious. Short stories. Not bad.

- Fortune Smiles, by Adam Johnson
    More short stories. Johnson won the Pulitzer in 2012 for his novel The Orphan Master's Son (if you're into North Korea stuff, that's the novel to go) and his writing is just amazing.

- A Hundred Years of Solitude, by gabriel García Márquez
    Sort of disliked him when I was forced to read Love in the Time of Cholera in high school, but so much fuss about 100 years and seeing the beautiful edition they published for the 50th anniversary made me go in. Just read a couple of pages and it's quite funny for now.

I should really focus on finishing The Goldfinch. I've been reading it for weeks now and it gets tiring to carry it around all the time.

Ha! I read this one in high school when I was crazy about math and physics and science in general (went on to study Physics in uni... for two years) and I found it an interesting read even though I probably understood nothing of it.

How is it?
    It appeared in every Best of 2016 list with The Underground Railroad, but the theme doesn't really tell me YASS BUY ME!

11. ponsaya0388

ponsaya0388 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
  12. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    upload_2017-12-9_0-32-0.png

very interesting book, to broaden your way of thinking.

13. ponsaya0388

ponsaya0388 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
  14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

[​IMG]

Quite good!
    And I've only read 2 stories for now.

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Reading Update:

Yesterday I finished my 100th book for the year. 30 novels, 70 volumes of manga in total so far. Still have five more volumes of manga to read and at least two novels to finish by the end of the year (doable...)

Currently reading:

Perfume by Patrick Suskind - a sensory trip into France a couple of hundred years ago, most people I've spoken to don't like it but I am enjoying it so far. It has opened the world of smell to me...
    The Elements of Eloquence: How to Turn the Perfect English Phrase - not a novel, but more of a textbook/guide to the elements of eloquence, and truly fascinating.
    Catch-22... still... - it sucks. I really don't like it. I have to finish it but I don't want to.
    The Stand by Stephen King - I really am a glutton for punishment. I could brain someone with this book, it is so big, but it is enjoyable because the plague has started and all hell is breaking loose...

17. ponsaya0388

ponsaya0388 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    IMG_20171224_071537_HDR.jpg
    A wizened youth, Chilean's literary critics, Neruda, Junger, falconry, Opus Dei, Pinochet, the Judas Tree, torture chamber, told in one single paragraph(+one line).

It's only 130 pages, but it's more exhausting than reading Savage Detectives.
    ...but, it's my fav Bolano's now.

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I went to a book fair, read a book about cosmology. Forget the title but off course it discusses about big bang, dark matter, and future of universe.

19. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I've always enjoyed Mongol culture and his history,but this book made me like it even more. This is the way to appreciate the greatness of the Genghis Khan and the Mongol hordes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  20. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    THERE'S A READING THREAD WIG. I now have a reason to scroll the main page all the way to the bottom

I'm currently reading Moby Dick, The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe and I just gathered the courage to dive into the Bible. People were just talking about The God Delusion in the last page and I hope to get to it after I finish with the bible, hopefully this year, still

• Like Like x 1