1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What bands/artists do you like? (except for idols)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by momo, Mar 25, 2016.

1. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    I haven't seen a thread specifically about this so I thought I'd give it a try. What bands, artists and genres do you guys like?

I personally really like alternative music in general. Placebo, Fleet Foxes, Radiohead, Slipknot, everything from indie folk to metalcore. Other Japanese bands like Capsule, Österreich and Galileo Galilei are always nice too!

2. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I love Iron Maiden, Metallica, Sabaton, Queen, AC/DC + many other rock and metal bands. Those are my favorite genre with j-pop.

My alltime favorite pop singer is Michael Jackson ♥ I also like to listen to rap at times :p

3. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

My J-playlists are mostly filled with AAA ballad songs.
    Is AAA considered as Idol? Lol.

Well I dont really specify my preference to a genre because I may like one song from a genre but less like other, just like I like The Sickness by Disturbed but I dont really like other songs from them lol :p ; but my favorite bands are Incubus and Panic at the Disco.

4. Miyaku

Miyaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Used to really like Fiction Junction and DCT.
    To be honest I'm not really in to artists now, but anime related singers like Claris and Aimer I do really like.
    However my favourite is always KOKIA <3

5. oyasumion

oyasumion Kenkyuusei

I like Ed Sheeran, and John Mayer actually
    But if i should mention my favorite band, Fall Out Boy, Nirvana and Sleeping With Sirens would be my fav
    In asia, i like kpop and jpop especially TVXQ/Tohoshinki,they're not only cool and ikemen looking, but their quality is the best among asian artist at least for me, their harmonization, sings ability, and dance are the best
    If you want to check their song, i recommend to you to drop "Stand By You, Forever Love, Doushite, and Choosey Lover" for japanese songs, and Hey! Girl, and Mirotic for korean songs to your ears

Hope you like it

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

6. air

air Kenkyuusei

I love EDM and house music, so for those I don't have a specific artist that I like.

I used to really like Linkin Park (their nu-metal style), and now artists that I would actively pay attention to are Nogizaka46 (I know I know no idols but the are literally all over my playlists atm) and Years & Years

7. henduy

henduy Kenkyuusei

Asking Alexandria, BMTH, Michael Bolton and Dream Theater. I like metal and instrumental songs. That's why I like heavy rotation hehe

8. Ryuu

Ryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    aside from Idol, I would say, I'm a fan of Visual kei particularly Acid Black Cherry. :lol:

9. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    my fav musician based on the region:
    Asia: YUI,MIWA,L'arc en Ciel, Epik High
    UK: Muse
    US: Fall Out Boy, Ed Sheeran

10. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Listening musik? Ok...Hmm... Put a time...Hey i say wery clasic: Verdi "aida".
    More cam if someone quotes right thinks.

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Depeche Mode is disko rock. But wery good it!

12. K-x-H 27

K-x-H 27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Right now, i listen to various of Visual Kei Artists and other artists besides idols.

Visual Kei:
    the GazettE
    SID (シド)
    DIAURA
    MEJIBRAY
    The 3rd Birthday
    vistlip
    UNiTE. (ユナイト)
    The Lotus
    SCREW
    L'arc~En~Ciel
    Anfiel
    Smileberry
    PENTAGON (ペンタゴン)
    others etc.

Idols:
    48 Groups
    Rev from. DVL

Other artists:
    SCANDAL
    Silent Siren
    Acid Black Cherry
    others etc.

I'm really sorry for making this post long. >.<

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  13. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

And if talk "Disco rock" at Japanese, one example is that is (Imo) Silent Siren... Maybe pop where little rock elements is better say?
    But well them are sings, which are lighted disko rock... maybe disco pop rock?
    What MATTER ... are so low seeing... why? maybe them are too disco them music?

14. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Japanese folk roots music is one of my favorites.
    Miyuki Nakajima, Yosui Inoue and Yumi Matsutoya (Yumi Arai) have been the most popular singers in Japan for decades.
    Shogo Hamada, Kazumasa Oda and Kiyoshiro Imawano (RC Succession) are also nice.

15. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    We have similar tastes :)

What is your favorite MJ song? I have too many to mention, but I love Dangerous, Get on the Floor, Smooth Criminal, and of course Billie Jean.

16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Ok. because get so boring, do that what you like. Ciao, i stop that thread now.
    edit: Difficult for him, but good videos. If these great pop man at must say favor sing is Batdance...
    Well... why take pictures past, why not look future...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  17. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Great! *high five*

I absolutely love those you mentioned, and I have to add Dirty Diana and Man in the Mirror ♥

18. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Paramore, Flyleaf, Otep, Renfue, Hey Monday...

They all have something in common..

19. silentwalker

silentwalker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    ONE OK ROCK, coldrain, SCANDAL, Pay money To my Pain, Hata Motohiro, Ieiri Leo, Chris Hart, etc

20. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I listen to many artists my main following is Kalafina (and Kajiura Yuki related stuffs). I also listen to the other artists/bands like System of A Down, the Corrs, Kawada Mami (and other I've Sounds in general), Atomic Kitten, Spice Girls, Linkin Park, Adele, Sandaime J Soul Brothers (if they're not categorized as pseudo-idol group lol) and many more. For the more recent stuffs, I have taken an interest in Sam Smith lately and I have a couple of songs I like from Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus.