1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What bands/artists do you like? (except for idols)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by momo, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Let's see, past and present (in no particular order)

Two Japanese Rock Groups I Really Like(d)
    Man With a Mission
    Ketchup Mania

Western Artists
    Motorhead
    Surf Punks
    The Ramones
    The Who
    The Grateful Dead
    Dread Zeppelin (Yes, it is spelled correctly. Look em' up)
    Pink Floyd
    Lost at Last
    The Cars
    Boston
    The Smiths
    The Beatles
    Cream
    The Byrds
    Swervedriver

2. kerukeru

kerukeru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirata Rina
    Hmm, non-idols that I like... Haha, I shouldn't be drawing such a blank!

Well, last year when I went to visit friends in Canada, I got to go to a Mother Mother concert, and I fell in love with them! They're a really awesome band, and I've listened to Burning Pile so often that it borders on an obsession. I'm also casually interested in Ariana Grande, Imagine Dragons, Carrie Underwood, Lana Del Rey, Marina and The Diamonds, Ke$ha and Panic! At The Disco.

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'll just list Japanese artists (non-idol) I regularly listen to as Jpop is currently very much my main focus of music interest:

Nana Mizuki
    Eir Aoi
    Leo Ieiri
    Mariya Nishiuchi
    Rei Yasuda
    Sakurako Ohara
    You Kikkawa
    Alisa Takigawa
    Hanako Oku
    ClariS
    Aimer
    GARNiDELiA
    fripSide
    TRUSTRICK

4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    They're "idols", but they're not really "idols" coz they're fictional lol. So i'm just gonna write them:

µ's

And besides 48g & µ's, i only listen to some Anisongs that i heard while i was watching some random anime, and Eir Aoi's songs from Sword Art Online.

5. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

Japan: AAA (Nissy & SKY-HI included), Goose House, ayaka, YUI, Exile, Sandaime JSB, GENE.

Korean: Busker Busker (Jang Boom Joon), AOA(those Seoulhyun legs), Ulala Session.

Other: Karmin, Mika, Ariana.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

6. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    Her legs are quite "Artsy" huh? :hehe:

I'll use your format

Japan: alan, miwa, Shion Miyawaki, YUKALI, Kohh, Kana Nishino, among others...

Korea: Lovelyz, Tensi Love, J-Rabbit, Basick, MAMAMOO, Ben, Jung Seul Gi, Phantom, among others...

"EDM", i.e. Trance / Techno : John Askew, Aly & Fila, David Moleon, The Advent & Industryalizer, Balthazar & Jackrock, Adam Beyer, Bryan Kearney, Sesto Sento, Outsiders, Max Maxx, Ital, Hypnoise, Will Atkinson, Will Rees, among others...

7. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

I am okay watching the MV mute, lol.
    The thread only says groups we like; music doesnt have to be the sole reason. ;)

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

8. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Eep, this is gonna be a long list for me. Music is such an integral part of my life that there are very few genres I haven't listened to or don't like.
    • Huge fan of Korean music. Not just the idol stuff, I branch out and like some of ballad, folk and rap. Discovered it at the same time as AKB so that's here to stay. I couldn't possibly list every artist I love for this as it would be in the hundreds, so honourable mentions to BTS, Big Bang, Mamamoo and f(x), who are my current top 4.
    • Favourite artists outside of Korea and Japan are: Delta Goodrem and Trivium. Like, polar opposites. Delta is Australian, does soaring ballads and general pop but could essentially do anything; I could listen to her endlessly. Trivium are metal, influenced by Metallica and other thrash heroes; I've met them, love all their music and they were the group that got me into metal and the festival scene.
    • I still listen to country - Taylor Swift, Stevie Nicks, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Jodi Mitchell (I just group them together); metal, rock etc (I've seen nearly every group I like including BMTH, Slipknot, Metallica, Slayer, Limp Bizkit, Evanescence, Within Temptation, The Pretty Reckless, Machine Head, Dragonforce, Arch Enemy, Young Guns... this list could go on for miles; the exception being Linkin Park who I love and have never seen </3); some random pop (t.A.T.u, Amy Studt, Ana Johnnson, Kesha, Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding before she got crap and some others...) and industrial (Goth techno, e.g. Angelspit, Combichrist, Suicide Commando...) which I don't listen to as much anymore.

9. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Cindi Lauper,Madonna,Ace of Base, Spice Girls,Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson,Christina Aguilera,Pink,N'sync,BackStreet Boys,98º,Six pence none the richer,tatu,Jordin Sparks,Maroon 5, Ricky Martin,Avril Lavigne,Ben's Brother,Jewel,Hoku thats all the music artist I listen

Forgot Katy Perry

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  10. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

Wow those artist was in my sister's Now What's I Call Music / Max 1-9 tape cassettes collection, lol.

11. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Some Cds mostly mp3s

12. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I am surprised (in a good way) to see so many people loving Depeche Mode here. they are my favorite Western band. it often sounds surprising for my friends though, as it's quite uncommon to see 17 year-olds enjoying 80's synthpop that much.

my absolute idol (for 8 years now !) is Lady Gaga, and lately I've been listening a lot to Years&Years, CHVRCHES, Kid Cudi, as well as some French bands like Stupeflip, Odezenne, Noir Désir or Indochine. another of my interests is ska-punk.

my favorite band is currently 神聖かまってちゃん (Shinsei Kamattechan). and mostly the Japanese alternative scene, with 凜として時雨 (Ling Toshite Shigure), アーバンギルド (Urbangarde), 大森靖子 (Oomori Seiko), Sheena Ringo and 東京事変, just to name a few. Capsule is also nice !

I used to be a huge K-Music buff, now I mostly listen to 못 (MoT), IU, Epik High and ASEUL.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  13. roxyakbbliss48

roxyakbbliss48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    sailorcadetR
    hmm i list them by country japan:momorio clover z,akb48,nana mizuki,shoko nakagawa.e-girls
    China:snh48 korea:Twice,snsd,AOA,i.o.i(somi and pinky are my faves),exo,seeya,sistar,4minute,oh my girl,gfriend,hello venus,apink,iu
    USA:Ariana grande,carrie underwood(my idols XD),Fiifth harmony,use to be obessed with one direction,Lana del rey,mlanie martinez,Selena(not gomez but shes okay too),meghan trainor,katy perry,britney spears
    others:marina and the diamonds and little mix (i stan way more but thats gonna take a long time to writeXD)

14. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Because I went through many "phases" throughout my life, I discovered many types of music and now ended up having an almost unlimited taste (which is something good, I guess).
    Metal: Samael, Borknagar, Emperor, Arcturus, Abigail Williams, In Flames, BABYMETAL, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Motörhead, (early) Metallica, Hypocrisy.
    Gothic/Punk Rock, Alternative: Joy Division, Misfits, The Cure, SOAD
    EBM/Electro: Combichrist, Die Krupps, Welle:Erdball, Front 242, Spetznaz, Orange Sector, Feindflug, Laibach
    Classic: Preferably compositions of Bach, Händel, Sibelius, Wagner and Schubert
    Jazz: Almost anything goes.
    Hip-Hop/Rap: Northern german Hip-Hop of the 90s (DJ Stylewarz, Ferris MC, D-Flame etc.)
    Other Stuff: Alexandros, Ikimono Gakari, Bruce Springsteen, Deep Purple, AC/DC Depeche Mode, Covenant, Kreuzweg Ost, Triarii, and so many more that nobody is going to read anyway

15. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

On point. However, that "old school" Hip-Hop was actually the first music genre I've actively listened to in the early 2000s as a child, with my interest in Electro/Wave/Gothic coming up much later (not before 2008 or so), so it's not directly related to my generation/age. Jazz and Classic Music often tend to go hand in hand with its listeners and I'm no exception, but yeah, I gotta say: I'm a very casual jazz listener and don't have a favorite artist in particular.

16. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I just want to post this somewhere and I thought this is the right thread...
    https://live.line.me/r/channels/21/broadcast/7069
    Basically Hirai Ken, one of my favorite Japanese male vocalist make himself very accessible. It is really nice to see the crowds went from basically zero to a lot. Of course they probably couldn't do this kind of thing with a female idol.
    Anyway, I'm enjoying the various reactions from the crowds :)

17. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Japan: Aimer, Sakanaction, X-Japan, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Nishino Kana, Back-On, Sawano Hiroyuki, Alexandros, JUJU, Superfly, Hoshino Gen.

Korea: PRITZ, curious because they on same boat with Babymetal. Just casually check them.

Wertern: Panic at the Disco, My Chemical Romance, 30 Second to Mars

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR, unfortunately, they're disbanded as 2 of their members are members of INKT now and I'm not a fan of INKT.

19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I do... :cool:

Nujabes is excellent, left too soon. :cry: Currently into something arguably jazz-related, which is Taylor McFerrin's 'Early Riser' (Bobby McFerrin's son).

Other likes: Hiatus Kaiyote, old Earth Wind & Fire (am currently on a '70s bender), Thundercat, and old Herbie Hancock.

20. Nefarious|Ostrich

Nefarious|Ostrich Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I like:

• The Beatles
    • Tina Turner
    • A-ha
    • Wham!
    • Arctic Monkeys
    • The Last Shadow Puppets
    • Led Zeppelin