1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What do you guys want to see for S48's NMB48 forum in 2018?

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Dec 12, 2017.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    The rehash.

I've been pretty busy this year so I drifted in and out of the scene, but is there anything that you guys liked or disliked about this set of forums in 2017 and want to see changed?

For me personally I really like the change of putting discussion points as their own threads in the general discussion forum. It works well and it draws your attention to a topic at hand. I think at our forum's peak when we had really active discussion we used to just lump it all in the GD thread but then people accused us of being elitsts or that news moved to fast for them to care so posting was only a select few.

I've much preferred this to member threads. There are more members across 48G than total burgers served at McDonald's so being able to access fast and relevant news that grabs attention and more closely mimics matome in style feels more useful when it comes to keeping up with the group.

One thing I've been interested in is creating more of a community feel. I don't know about other groups but my involvement in the actual foreign community has been nothing short of amazing. Anyone that has had the opportunity to go to Japan and meet up with us foreign fans has almost always had a good time. It's one thing to be a keyboard warrior and type out responses, it's another thing to go out and get hype at concerts and then sit down and enjoy some yakiniku with the fellas. I'm not sure how I'd spearhead this, but it's definitely a point of pride for those of us here.

2. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    I support the idea of building and growing the community through meet-ups. If you have the opportunity to come to Japan and attend an event like a handshake/2-shot event or concert, definitely hit us up. The best way to get in contact with us foreign fans in Japan on the day of an event is probably through Twitter. If you don't have/use Twitter, I suppose something like making a meet-up thread in the forum could work.

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Maybe a dedicated meet-up thread? The OP could be some basic resources on how to purchase tix/goto events and then people can use events to find members here to hangout with in events.

4. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    It is the other way around for me. Though, I agree with the GD thread. Such thread is too general, so creating a thread of its own for news/happenings that otherwise would be under GD scope is a good idea. However, if we already have a topic-specific, I'd say it's better to stick with it.

For example, the Jo getting a solo song and Member's reactions to 17th senbatsu, while they sure do draw attention to that veery specific topic, but in the future it will be irrelevant, so then there will be 3 irrelevant threads where there could only be one. If needed then, Member's reaction to latest senbatsu can be made as a topic of its own, but not restricted to a specific single/album release. So, when there is another single coming out and the senbatsu lineup, it can be discussed on the same thread, perhaps with the title of latest release put into the thread title in member's reaction to senbatsu [latest single] way.
    And the Jo solo thread, I have written there and seeing that it does generate an amount of discussion, I'm swayed from my former stance, but I am still for it in the single thread. Unless, you make a news thread and general discussion thread for a release.

Theen the graduations threads. Sure, the member's thread will be overlooked most of the time, but a thread for each graduation? I remember asking to myself who is Nishinaka Nanami, and while the name Muranaka Yuki sounds familiar, does her graduation require its own thread? I suggest having a graduation specific thread and not member-graduating specific thread. Or to be even more specific, a graduation thread for each year then? Members Graduating/Announced Graduation in 2017 [Latest: member] something like that.

And then, the AKB48 sousenkyo thread. Do we really need three separate threads to discuss members not participating, preliminary result and final result? It can be merged to one single thread for that one specific sousenkyo.

And I have just noticed that there is a KKS Promotions and then there is ALL NMB KKS have been promoted thread. Sure, the former is more about hopes of which team the kks would land in, but it is the title. Perhaps the latter can be more specific in its title (including the event and the year the promotion happened), unless it will include every kks promotion in the future.

To me, the topics are scattered around in bits in the form of subtopics. There is little structure. While sure the NMB48 side of general discussion forum has only two pages of threads thus far, but imagine it being clumped up to many pages in the future where there are subtopics for every release. This is just some pointers from me. I hope for the consideration. I admire the efforts of making the NMB side of the forum more interactive and lively though. I hope other group forums would follow suit in spirit.

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I don't think having multiple threads hurt. If the thread dies, then it dies. Why does it matter?

6. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Here are my thoughts regarding the thread creation:

For those of us who like to digest news daily, having a separate thread makes it so much easier to get the news. I can click on the forum and I see a headline as a thread title: Milky announces graduation. I see it, and now I know, I know where to discuss, I know where to go for more details.

This differs from before. When Milky announced her graduation, where do I go to learn this? GD thread? The event in question's thread (if there is one)? The Milky thread? It's not immediately apparent how I would learn this fact or where I would discuss it. It's possible I could miss a discussion because people are trying to have it in three different locations. By having the separate thread it becomes immediately apparent what to discuss and what actually happened.

Even if we had a graduation thread, we would still need someone to update the thread, and it's also not immediately apparent if you would discuss the graduation in that thread. Or the graduation stage, or the graduation announcement.

For me having structure would matter if the discussion is just way out of hand and information is hard to get. That's the opposite here. We have very few posters and discussions here. The single GD thread was more than sufficient at one point because we only had a handful of posters, but because it moved so fast and the posters were mostly the same other groups' fans felt intimidated when joining. Having separate discussion threads alleviates that cliquish feel and doesn't make you feel bad for missing a day or two of posting.

I understand the concern for organization but with the low number of posters, I am not sure how additional organization would increase forum participation.

---

I'll think about the community thread. It sounds like a good idea but at the same time I'm a little bit wary of having people nominate themselves as representatives for the community since we may have biases against certain people, lol. It's just a matter of how I want to execute it.

7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I believe this is the right place to ask. How's your honest opinion on the HS result update that I posted in NMB release thread? Is there good enough or it can be/need to be improved or such?

Thx before.

8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I think it's good enough, seems similar to whatever is posted on matome sites.

I'm also a data nerd, so if I were collecting it for some deeper analysis later, I'd probably do the following:
    -Put all the data into Google Sheets or something similar
    -Divide the slots sold into the location (Osaka/Nagoya/Tokyo)
    -Instead of updating the cumulative total, adding new slots sold per date
    -Include warning slots (slots that are almost sold out)

Of course, none of this is really necessary, nor would I actually ask you to do these things since I think it's too much work for very little if any return.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

The catch with NMB though, is their HS result almost always comes without the graph. So either you have to look for detail the hard way, or be idgaf and YOLO.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Yeah, that's exactly why I wouldn't request it.

Maybe one day if you become a data nerd lol