What does your user name mean or where is it from?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Mint, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Mint

Mint Kenkyuusei

We have topics for real life nicknames and real names, but not user names! So what does your user name mean, or where does it come from? Even if you're just using your real name, explain why!

Mint is my favorite character from Galaxy Angel, also I like minty tasting things. :)

2. Eririn

Eririn Kenkyuusei

Eririn = Kamei Eri nickname XD my fave MM <3

3. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Datalanche was a name give to me by a guy named Sean Kennedy(a well known internet radio host frequently heard on RantRadio). It's like avalanche, but of data! I sent in an email and asked for one of his digital baptisms, as he calls them, since I've never been able to come up with a unique username myself. :)

4. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

Heiwa means Peace in japanese :p and my name is Paz means peace in spanish

and I like because Morning Musume has some songs with that word... I like it!

5. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

Erena = Erena Ono! My favorite member in AKB48! xDDD

6. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

It's my actual name. I'm boring like that :p

7. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

It's my Japanese name Flavio keiti Cawamura

8. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

back in the day, my friend and i use to wear these surfing t-shirts in highschool, long ago.
    I never really was into surfing, just thought the t-shirts looked cool. O'Neil, Quiksilver, so you can guess where my username orginated...that's right!

QuikSilver - qilver

creative eh? lol :D

9. ShinN

ShinN Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ShinN means "God" in Japanese, i use this name coz this name is CooL!!
    i got this name 1st time is from anime gundam seed destiny, the main character's name is Shinn Asuka....

10. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

Well I guess some people here got the hint of where I got my nickname... I used to like pokemon 7 years ago and it kinda stuck with me all the way until now...

I don't just use this nickname online, some of my friends even call me 'poke' when I used to be in school. I guess it's easier to call than my real name. :D

11. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

my username comes from the Canadian group Delerium, side project of the band Front Line Assembly. I was really into them in their dark-ambient phase, then they got really popular from their song with Sarah McLachlan "Silence". I really enjoy their pop stuff too.

12. erin

erin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    erin = my real name. I'm so creative. XD

13. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    It started out as my 'other name' or my Japanese name you could say, and was just pretty much something I used online, but now it's become a real-life nickname since some of my friends call me by it. Some people don't even know my real name anymore, haha.

"Ame" means "Rain", as well as "Candy". I just added the '-ki' in there. It's a made up name, really, that actually works B-)

14. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

Well. Lolli's my nickname at work which I've had for the past 5 years and even the big big managaer calls me it.

I put chibi in front of it as I'm the shortest out of my group of friends but I'm actually not short. I'm of average height. Everyone else is just insanely tall. (I'm 5'6")

15. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

Twintails are my favorite hairstyle to wear and definitely my favorite to see on girls. :3 Erena used to wear them a lot, so I thought it'd make a good username for here.

16. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Back in my techno/raving days, I use to be the one doing all the glowstick tricks. Put them in gloves, attatched long string to it (like a tamer version of poi, i dont think they would've taken kindly to me using fire :lol: ), one time I didn't have string and used my shoelaces. I'd also dance while I was doing this and my friend said I looked like a gloworm. Tried to get rid of the name but it stuck. I used it as my dj name too but that's another story... sort of. :lol:

17. devnyx

devnyx Kenkyuusei

devnyx = The Phoenix,

I like this mithology bird from grece mithologhy...

Hahaha.... This bird is kind of imortal, it can return back to life after death...

Awesome!! Love it!! Hahaha...

18. pikopikopong

pikopikopong Kenkyuusei

also my realname. I threw in 3 more letters to make it unique than other person that have the same name as me.

19. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I remember reading it in the credits for a game a few years back and thought, hah, that's so cool sounding. So I started using it on a few forums.

When I got into the jpop "scene" somebody told me that 'Kyoubu' means 'Breasts', which was pretty embarassing. I have used it for years though so I didn't want to change, and it never had the U anyway.

You have to pronounce it as Britishly as you can: Kyowe-Boo.

20. ahounokotoba

ahounokotoba Kenkyuusei

Ahou no Kotoba -> Ahou= idiot :D Kotoba=word :D so it`s "idiot word"
    Actually it was a joke from Do As Infinity song "Mahou no Kotoba" which means "magic word"
    But Ahou no Kotoba just too uncommon so I used it in every forum I`m registered

Happy yay!!! :D