1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What does your user name mean or where is it from?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Mint, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

lol

my friends call me pan after peter pan
    They can't see me growing up
    ....or any taller for that matter lol

chan happens to be the first 4 letters of my name

2. nihonjinjanai

nihonjinjanai Kenkyuusei

i'm not a japanese
    as simple as that...^^

3. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

it doesn't fit you to grow up :lol:
    you just have to be as you are right now.

4. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

lol i dont really wanna grow upi really love this point of my life
    i never want it to end <3

5. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

Chivor came outta nowhere one day and i just found out its a name of a place!

6. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

i will back you up all the way!!! <3

7. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

aint it kami? o_O gundam seed ftw :>

My name... no comment on that, stolen from Naruto, Konoha village's Elite Ninja Genius, Hatake Kakashi! Also called "Sharingan Kakashi" mwahaha. I'm so very creative, yes yes? (the answer is NO)

8. nihonjinjanai

nihonjinjanai Kenkyuusei

in japanese spelling it is "kami"
    in chinese spelling it is "shin"

both using the same character

9. Crepuscular

Crepuscular Kenkyuusei

actually, in chinese is 'shen', not shin.
    shinn asuka's name was all in katakana, シン アスカ. Judging by the name and the names of other character, I'm suspect what it suppose to reflect was he's the new main/central character (succeeding SEED), 新 飛鳥, because asuka is the name of the land where old Japanese capitals or palaces of the 6-7th century; where as kira yamato, his name reflect the period of japan called 大和(yamato), if you look at the timeline of the japanese history, 大和 was the period from 250–710 AD (pretty much reflected why kira yamato was in SEED and Destiny), and 飛鳥 was part of 大和 from 538-710; pretty much saying Destiny was part of the SEED series. But then, the chinese fansubs translated his name to 眞, which mean real/true.

10. nihonjinjanai

nihonjinjanai Kenkyuusei

^i'm talking about japanized chinese spelling (either onyomi oder kunyomi. can't remember)
    in chinese language it is shen indeed. :)

but, now you said that shin asuka's name is written like this 新 飛鳥
    the "Shinn" here is not "god". the 新 means new.

Interesting fact about the origin of the seed's name there. thank you.

11. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

*looks blunt as he cant read kanji*

12. Crepuscular

Crepuscular Kenkyuusei

^ it's ok, dont be sad ;) I got a chinese background amd I'm currently studying japanese in uni, that's why it doesnt look too foreign for me, but having a hard time getting the kanji right during tests, because a lot of kanji are very similar to chinese, but it's those tiny differences I just having trouble remembering. It's the same for my friend who's a korean, I forgot which kanji it was, but me and my korean friend both got it wrong, he wrote the korean "kanji" while I wrote the chinese kanji, lol.

13. Crepuscular

Crepuscular Kenkyuusei

Anyway, been responding to other's posts because a mini debate going on about what shinn suppose to mean, and forgot to reason the meaning of my nick.

I'm pretty much the sort of person that becomes hyper active during the night, and having trouble sleeping at night, and my nick name given by my dad was "夜猫子", pretty much means someone's is like a cat. (sleeps during the day, while active in the night) My sleeping pattern has been pretty much like this ever since i can remember things consciously, probably because the fact that my mother was living oversea from 3 years old, and my father was busy preparing teaching materials every night. (he was a high school maths teacher) Then there was World of Warcraft, my very first character was a nightelf, and I was trying to think up a unique ign, then the word crepuscule came across my mind, which means dusk, twilight, forgot where I read it; but I wanted an adj to describe the character, so I looked up the dictionary and found the word "crepuscular". Sometimes I do go with other nick 薄暮(はくぼ), which means dusk/twilight in Japanese.

14. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^still playing WoW ? ^_^
    Also, how can you learn kanji? I mean, I cant study alone, and i have 0, i mean zero friends that wanna learn / can speak japanese nor read kanji (save for you guys and girls on this forum :D ). Soo I'm kinda like writing random hiragana and katakana letters, and always screwing up which is which :D

Hmm crepuscular sounds good, i like it ^^

15. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Crepuscular you nick is cool. I just know that it means dusk :D
    you have a very creative way to create a nick.

16. Crepuscular

Crepuscular Kenkyuusei

^^nah, stopped playing wow early 06, it was taking up too much of my time and money, I moved onto playing Guild Wars. There are many ways to learn kanji, the most common way is through study as a subject; other methods including reading mangas, provided that you already know all the hiragana and katakana. Myself is actually into anime figures / kits, so I actually bought 電撃HOBBY and レプリカンと to read, also instructions of the kits, and hobby tools are all in Japanese, I had to flip through the dictionary to get somethings translated. But I find the best method of learning kanji for me is typing japanese on the comp, because I got a few japanese friends from uni, so I chat with them sometimes, other times I type japanese to search anime products' information because most of the time when I type in English google returns me with loads of crap.

17. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

how will manga reading help? o_O I mean if i know the hirakata (lazy to type), how will that help me ? :>
    Also, how can you chat with kanji on yer comp? :O (If I got your sentence right)

18. n@_cchu

n@_cchu Kenkyuusei

well, that's my nick on stage :oops: am kinda idol wannabe, gyahaha.. :lol:

19. Crepuscular

Crepuscular Kenkyuusei

the kanji in manga generally have hiragana on top it shows how it is pronounced, assuming you already know the word in hiragana form, even if you dont know, you can now look it up in the dictionary since you know how it is pronounced. Typing kanji on comp just typing words in the way you usually do for hiragana or katakana, then press space it shows a list of all the available kanji combinations.

20. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^Oooh thanks :) [never read manga b4 so ^^ ]