1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What is your job/occupation?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by foojason, Aug 7, 2007.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Neat. The occupation of the past royalties in the Philippines, including the Lopezes. :awesome:

I also plan to do that maybe 30 years from now. Our clan has a large tract of land in the province but its irritating that its split between siblings not interested in farming and yet won't allow it to be touch by those interested. :angry: I'll get my relatives for that, later that is.

AKB48 goes first as of the moment. [hehe]

2. Gariko

Gariko Kenkyuusei

@kimunlimited, ours is far smaller than what the big guy(s) you mentioned have. [sweat]

3. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    One of the basic need of man is food and farming is a profession that will never fade no matter how many depression came, we need to eat. And what's more better to eat than those you grown yourselves you can be sure its safe.

Farmers are the best especially sugarcane farmers, plant once and you harvest 4 times, well its one harvest a year right. Even small acres can yield a lot it all depends on the farmer and the land, so its wise to study this before even trying.

I'm pretty much beat up with sugar cane farming since grandfather made a laborer out of me in the past. :^^;:
    But it was fun, I'll inherit that profession someday. :awesome:

4. vico24

vico24 Kenkyuusei

im still a student :D

5. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Kenkyuusei

I am currently working as a civil servant, a job that I have just started last month. :D Previously I served as a military logistician in the army and various logistics positions in the telecommunication and freight sector.

I actually just completed my undergraduate degree in business and logistics and guess I am going to continue with a postgraduate degree towards the end of 2012. So guess I am both a white collar and student. :)

6. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm Working as a computer graphic designer, in a printing press, but I decide to study IT, to improve my self.
    So I'm studying & working at the same time. it is really hard for me, but following the members of AKB48, encourage me not to give up no matter what & continue what I believe in.

7. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    I'm currently in High school, and I've got 3 years left till I graduate.

I'm currently studying much more than the standard curriculum at the moment, cause the curriculum in New Zealand is dumbed down, and so I'm studying SAT and Japanese, as in the future I want to get into a Japanese university. I was planning on going to Waseda via Kikoku Shijuo /w TOEFL + SAT score, 1750 doesn't seem too hard. But I start my SAT tests next year, still a whole year to study for a good mark.

Oh, and I'll probably major in physics or become a architect. The two things i'm best at is maths and physics. I'm completely meteocre at English and Biology. Two subjects which requires lots of writing. Funny thing is, is that I'm currently taking Design, Biology, Japanese (LOL, easy grades. :D ) and Core science /w Physics

Man, I now regret taking biology. Quarter way through my course I realised that the general category of plant reproduction is the most boring stuff ever, but I'm looking forward to the next topic of micro-organisms.

Speaking of which, is there anyone here who's taken SAT tests? I'm just wondering how hard it really is? (The critical maths + writing + reading)

8. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I am going to take them in May for a university in Japan, so lets see how it all goes :D

9. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Wow, nice! Which uni are you planning on going?

If you're planning on going to nagoya, My friend's brother just got his letter today and he got accepted into Nagoya, one bright student as Nagoya's a public university.

10. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I don't know exactly what that is, but im assuming the equivalent in Victoria in Australia is the VCE system. basically in year 12 (final year of high school) you do exams and you get a score which essentially determines which universities you are eligible to go to. The higher your score, the more open your options are and chances of you going to a "good" university, assuming that you meet the pre-requisites.

The VCE system, and exams are not tough. As long as you do your work throughout the year and study properly, and basically understand everything you do in class, you're set for a good score. I bummed around for the entire year, before studying my ass off in the last few weeks before exams, i managed to pull out a "decent" score of 80. (highest possible score is 99.95). I guess "decent" varies from person to person, some people may be horrified at the thought of getting a score of 80, especially if they go to the elite private schools where their median scores are like 95 (my schools median score is probably like 55). Because i went to a terrible public school, where some of my teachers knew less knowledge than me (seriously, my maths teacher made up equations), i was happy with a score of 80.

All in all, i'd say dont sweat it, you seem like you know your stuff, keep working hard, and you'll get to where you want to go, best of luck

11. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

^ Ah, alright thanks. Yeah, the SAT is a regular standardised test which they do throughout America. It's got 3 categories, critical maths, critical reading and critical writing, so you do these 3 "topics" in a set time, and the maximum score you can get is 2500 I believe.

But, most schools will accept anything above 1700, and the University which I want to go to accepted 1750 and higher, but you've also gotta have all this other crap to increase your chances of getting in. Like a TOEFL mark, and a good report card from your school which you attended before you applied, and it's just a nightmare.

But what annoys me is the fact that the American national curriculum and the New Zealand national curriculum is completely different, and the way they teach certain formulas and techniques is completely different so it's like starting from kindergarten again. :D

12. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I will try to enter to the english program of Sophia University, so I hope I can make it, I already rented a book from my library called "how to upgrade your SAT test score" LOL Oh, also, I already finished highschool one year ago, so I am already in my second semester of University, so I might have a little of advantage.

13. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Test, huh! hmm... the hardest I've taken so far would be the Philippine National Police Academy Entrance Exam Neuro-Psychological Test. Its a freaking two day test.

Ah, its not my dream but that of my old man he wants me to inherited the profession which I have no intention, d'oh! But darn the challenge was amazing. There's this test 50 question test you need to answer in 10 minutes, that's like 12 seconds for every question not possible to passed to finish all, right. But the goal of the test seems to see who will answer without reading and just try go lucky and see who will try to read and analyze as much as possible in the given time frame. That is to analyze who will panic in such given situation, brainy right.

How about a 200 question neurological test with almost every question are situations you need to choose the best one and the answer are also sentences like the question and the time given is only 2 hours. The time wasn't the problem its the question they keep repeating like 3 or 4 times which is irritating and they would sometimes tweak a little part of it so you really have read them the test seems to measure if you're thinking straight.. okay its like they want to see if you're consistent with your answers.

I've taken like other similar test like 4 times and so far I haven't failed this part. I got like 4 academy entrance test taken and in 3 of them I passed all the test including the physical test but there's this one which I failed in the interview and you can't do any studying in this part as the interviewer will passed you if she wants to depending on how you answer her question the way she wants to which you have no control since you have no idea what particular things each interviewer likes you to mention.

Ah, I'm glad those days are in the past, life is good if you're spending it the way you like.

14. wrxsti

wrxsti Kenkyuusei

Wire Assembler/installation For Boeing 747-8 Freighter and intercontenintal.spent a year implementing engineering changes on the 787,Done functional testing on the 747-8 (test Landing Gear swing,flight surfaces,electronics)spent time in 747 Final body join and final assembly. for those who have no idea what final body join is,well heres a picture! [​IMG]

15. poisonedbymayu

poisonedbymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    currently, i still a 3rd grade high schooler..i'll graduate about 3 weeks later..i've got a university here..i took Information System there..and after i graduate i'll go to Japan for master degree..

currently my sidejob was a freelance photographer..well..i wanna be a programmer, and photographer..(my oshi's private photographer if i can :p )

16. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    This skills are essentials for bloggers you should try to be one as sideline.
    One of the coolest job I've dreamed of but will never realized because computers were invented. But all in all I envy you. :approve:

17. poisonedbymayu

poisonedbymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    of course yes..programmer as main job and photograph just for sidejob.. :) .

18. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I work in a pizza shop XD I'm looking for another job because 1) not enough hours 2) idiot staff [worried]

But I'm a student, studying psychology and law - after I finish this degree I'm going to study teaching

I'm looking forward to when I can finish school and start working properly!

19. Romeo

Romeo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitayukiko
    I'm a student, 3rd year in high school ^^

I left this year to focus on studying for my SATs, but I used to intern at a doctor's office for about two years. I'm hoping to go into the medical field in the future so it was a nice experience, especially since the doctor would let me shadow her when i wasn't putting away files and making calls.

20. A48

A48 Kenkyuusei

currently.. [think]
    graduate student
    part time employee
    part time entrepreneur