1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What SKE48 needs to reach AKB48 level?

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by shamurai48, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, that's what I tried to say lol

I'd rather see them in SKE only than popping in AKB's releases every now and then.
    And that's why I said the thing about the "big 48 election" as to have some kind of "crossover" between all the 48 groups and have some maxi-single with them. But for the rest of the releases, they should be completely separated from each other.
    I mean, I like Sayanee and Rena. Why would I follow NMB or SKE if I know I'll see them all the time in AKB? [speechless]

2. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

Sorry, I didn't mention your comment on those points. Which I totally agree with actually. There are a lot of fans thinking the same way but for some unfathomable reason management prefers the mess AKB has become now... Interweaving groups by making them lost their color (AKB) and weakening them (SKE). But as long as sales figures for AKB remain, I guess nothing else matters. :glare:

Exactly. That's why the argument of double position or being part of senbatsu bringing fans to sister groups doesn't hold. Casual fan will be content enough with seeing them in AKB releases and wotas have the curiosity to look by themselves around. Especially NMB and SKE are out there since years and don't need to feature in AKB's singles.

Take "all 48" projects for example like MJSK. Now that really did wonder on fans to make people interested in SKE thanks to Rena and Jurina. Because it's a stand alone thing. Like a character -> want to see more -> go look into her group -> become SKE fan. Though now people who got their eyes caught by Nobunaga are most likely to stop at AKB because she is most often there... :fp:
    So yeah, drama& variety works fine to advertise sister groups. But senbatsu and stages are merely increasing personal popularity and giving some peps to AKB . Like you said, there would be an interest for SKE if it was a "from time to time" thing and preferably with different members, but as things are now it's a loss-loss bargain for SKE.

3. kuroro00

kuroro00 Kenkyuusei

i think it's the maturity of akb48 that differentiate them from ske48. i somehow find the akb48 members more matured than ske48 member..

so i guess if the ske48 members will look more mature, they might reach the level of akb48..

4. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    Maybe it's more about professionalism , skill and popularity rather than maturity .

5. gekirena

gekirena Kenkyuusei

SKE48 to reach AKB48 level?
    it can be takes 1-2 years i think :p ,but at all,they have "some soul"
    WMatsui,Churi,Kuumin,Yuria.
    but,i just think NMB48 is better than SKE48,even my oshimen is Rena Matsui XD

6. Furumarion

Furumarion Kenkyuusei

we all know aki-p only has an interest in jurina ;) [hehe]

maybe akip want jurina to save akb
    now that akb sales is decreasing and original member graduating
    i think yuko is ready to graduate any time she's just waiting for next ace [wonder]

too bad kuumin
    is graduating

7. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

To answer the question, SKE won't reach AKB level until s48 still groups them in Other48.

8. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    SKE needs to completely break off from AKB I think. Otherwise they'll always just be AKB's little sister in Nagoya. That also means taking WMatsui out of AKB Senbatsu and Rie out of SKE's. It won't happen any time soon but I think until they're completely separate they can never make it on the same level.

9. icehism

icehism Kenkyuusei

SKE will never reach akb's level as long as.
    1) management doesn't allow it
    2) Members don't become more recognized, if you look at search rankings, only kami8 + sasshi make the very top spots along mainstream non-48 celebrities.
    3) they don't Start charting on more things than just singles. AKB can dominate digital charts, CM rankings, Search rankings, and etc. SKE/nor any sister group doesn't on any of these.
    4) they aren't Actually recognized by the public with their own color and not just some extension of 48.

To make a metaphor for you.
    AKB is basically Arashi, recognized as national groups.
    SKE is any other JE group not including SMAP

10. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^
    I think a better metaphor is...

AKB48 = EXILE
    SKE48 = J Soul Brothers
    NMB48 = GENERATIONS

Just a joke though.

SKE48 has the potential and momentum. The market right now, after AKB48...it's SKE48.

I'd like to continue seeing SKE48 and NMB48 grow. They both bring a unique quality to the table...and for them to be individually invited to Kouhaku Uta Gassen. It's a start.

11. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Actually did anyone watch the Kouhaku live for this year? I was of the opinion that SKE48 totally outdid AKB48 in terms of performance by totally capitalizing their main selling point (the idol group that's "fun" and "exciting" to watch)

12. Kashi_Yu

Kashi_Yu Kenkyuusei

they need variety shows! they have none so far!
    and NMB48 is catching up.
    Last year NMB48 had Kinki tour and just announced a new tour~
    What did ske had? Spring concert and that's about it?
    They need more resources that can help them to build up their popularity~

Hope Choco no dorei can break 600,000 record in first week

13. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

SKE48 needs more solo concerts, they need to also have more singles. AKB48 gets one every 2 months, but SKE48 has to wait 3 or 4 months. It seems like they're being left out a bit

14. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Well i don't care about akb's record cause they keep dwindling down, but what needs to be done to raise Ske's level? they've had TV shows, but due to dull quality they eventually become canceled. Ske has to somehow really show themselves in a good light to become popular.

15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    For one, SKE needs the same amount of exposure and promotion given to AKB, though I don't think it'll happen. Fro quite some time now, I find myself agreeing with the sad opinion that SKE is being neglected by Aki-P.

Next, as long as SKE, NMB, HKT members are included in the HS event of AKB, while only SKE members are present in SKE HS events, there's no way that SKE can sell as much as AKB.

I would love to have an election wherein the ballots are available in AKB, SKE, NMB and HKT singles, all released in the same week. Granted, I know they won't do it since none of the cds will reach a million sale, but maybe they can consider it when akb no longer sells million.

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

What they could conceivably do I suppose is perhaps release 4 singles over 4 weeks, with election ballots in each. Something like

Week 1: HKT48
    Week 2: NMB48
    Week 3: SKE48
    Week 4: AKB48

It would take co-operation between the various record companies (unlikely) and would probably be a nightmare to administer in terms of HS tickets. Also there's no knowing what it might do to cd sales, it may bring up HKT, NMB and SKE but at the cost of cannibalising AKB sales, fans budgets only stretch so far (even though each group may have its own fanbase, a significant amount of fans would be purchasers of multiple akb family groups). Still, never put it past Aki-P to try something different.

17. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    I think that SKE can reach AKB's level-it has great dancers,its own request hour etc but the main problem is the management- SKE will never,ever be the crown jewel in the 48 family as long as AKB still exists.

AKB members and singles get more promotion as compared to SKE,hence casual fans can probably only recognize girls like Jurina,Rena and Akane.What's worse is that internationally,probably very few have even heard of SKE because AKB is the dominant group.

So,maybe management could make SKE forge a different path so that they can stand out more? For example holding concerts overseas to raise their profile,having more singles (that don't follow AKB's current formula of Sakura,Beach,General Election single,cool and Janken),giving sembatsu more exposure or coming up with some other SKE-exclusive annual event to rival the General Election or Janken,or a new TV show.( Like a food and travel excursion show or something,since such shows are popular and more likely to appeal to everyone).

18. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

As everyone said. SKE 48 needs a message song like River or Beginner to start off with. Than they need more of their own variety shows. IMO SKE48 is at AKB48 level already in terms of stage charisma, however as a new fan of the 48 groups you can tell me if Im wrong :p

19. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    SKE will be taking a different path than AKB, because AKB is from Tokyo, so they hold a lot of influence being able to have activities around there. Nagoya from what I understand isn't as prominent of a city, and doesn't reach out like Tokyo or Osaka does.

Also, being a sister group, some people might not see them individually enough from AKB in some cases, so being able to separate themselves more is important. NMB has really picked up in popularity, so they might be showing SKE a few things about how a sister group can start to be a rival.

SKE does have their own identity, and their own songs, but I can't see them increasing in popularity without AKB falling down a bit. AKB's influence does cover a wider audience outside of hometown fans. They need more exposure overall, but they also need to be something that can take AKB's place somewhere, I feel.

Like as a fresh alternative or something maybe? [think]

Edit: Something I forgot to consider was the strong team identities AKB has, like A being the traditional idol team, K being the more sporty/independant team, and B being the girly/cute team. So they do have some strong and diverse personality types that probably broaden their appeal from the overall group image.

Maybe it will come down to the SKE growing more and finding the right members to increase their popularity. I still don't think they have fully developed yet, which will be when they can solidify the popularity of all their teams like AKB.