1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Zobii, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Money makes the world go round and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have daydreamed/thought about having a lot of it. What would they buy, what they would do, where would they go?

So what about you? What would you do if you won the lottery?

Okay, for those who like to get into detail, okay sure it does matter how much you've won.

So then, what would you do if you won:
    - a small amount of money? (about $10,000)
    - a moderate amount of money? (about $200,000)
    - a large amount of money? (a few million)
    - an insane amount of money? (hundreds of millions of dollars!) :^O^:

2. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Okay, no biters. So I guess I'll post mine. [hehe]

If I won a small amount, I'd get my ideal PC setup, probably multibox a few PCs together or make one mighty one, multi display 3x 27 inch LED monitors in the middle, a couple of 24 inchers to my left and a 60' LCD TV to the right. Nice, simple and affordable. :)

If it was a medium amount, I'd do above and also pick some of my favourite Stage48 members and treat them all to watch AKB in the theatre or a concert. [rock]

If I won a large/insane amount of money that will make me filthy rich, I'd start my own production studio/agency and constantly hire out the AKB girls. :^O^: So they haven't played Australia and New Zealand yet you say? =D

3. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    I'd probably be a bit more boring with my money. :D

Small fortune: take care of my finances (bills and whatnot) and save the rest for a rainy day.
    Moderate fortune: finances, buy a relatively inexpensive car, schedule a trip to Japan, set up my ultimate gaming room.
    Large fortune: finances, buy a house for my family, travel the world.
    Insane fortune: finances, buy a professional sports team like the NY Knicks, rig the next senbatsu election so Miichan wins center and the election results pretty much match my AKB ranking.

4. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Small fortune: Nothing special, I would take my friends out for dinner and buy some new custom in ear monitors for on my flights.

Moderate fortune: All of the above + Take my friends on a ski trip to Switzerland. Buy some new tailor made suits and save most of it probably.
    Large fortune: All of the above+ Make a trip around the world, buy a top of the range new vinyl player , speakers, amps and all en just enjoy life.
    Insane fortune; all of the above + 3 or 4 appartments in places around the world + Buy more votes voor Akicha and Yui than purenyannyan does for Miichan

Actually i'm pretty happy with what I've got already

5. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Definitely a great idea :) :)

For me,

Small fortune: Upgrade TV, Stereo system and computer and take a holiday
    Moderate Fortune:Move to Japan spend time studying to improve my japanese and eventually get a cool, fun job there :)
    Large Fortune: Buy a house in my hometown to rent out, move to Japan, save most of the money and try to live off the interest and rental income :) And just have fun
    Insane Fortune Take care of my family, pay parents mortgage, buy all my brothers houses. Buy house in various worldwide locations and a private jet to fly me around the world, move to japan, spend my life attending xxx48 related events :) Just having loads of fun. And of course help purenyannyan rig the election for Miichan :)

6. JW~

JW~ Kenkyuusei

I'll just do the two extremes since the in-betweens won't be too different for me.

Small fortune: I would pay any bills I had and then save the rest for future bills.

Insance fortune: First I would map out my entire life and set aside money to pay bills and buy food until the day I die. Lol. Then I would help my parents out with anything they needed. Then the rest I would just use for whatever.

I don't see myself buying any crazy expensive things like celebrities do. $100,000 cars and million dollar homes. That is craziness to me. My big thing is that I just want to live comfortably without worry. [/boring] lol~

7. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

small amount
    Stick it in the bank with my other savings... figure I'd lose about 30% of it to taxes.

moderate amount
    I have a decent amount of land in Hawai'i... probably use it all to fund the initial stages of building a new house...

large amount
    I'd stop working all together. I'd stick a million in an MMF or a CD... Build a new house in Hawai'i. Probably buy or build one here in Japan, as well... probably just hire my cousin and folks from him firm in Hokkaido for that. Donate a few hundred grand for medical research, buy a couple of decent vehicles, build a small kickboxing/MMA gym by my family's home in Hawai'i, and setup an annual concert show in Japan full of artists that I like. I'd probably rent out a 20K+ seat venue and open it to the public... collect a small profit and donate the rest to some local orphanges. Start-up my own restaurant with a bar and 5 karaoke rooms. Seating for no more than 45 in the restaurant and maybe 50 in the bar.
    Travel around to random places.

insane amount
    Stop working all together.
    Donate 100million to some sort of medical research... most likely for cancer related things.
    Build/staff/operate a home(s) for unwanted/orphaned children
    $30 mil into an MMF or CD
    Build nice homes for all of my family in Hawai'i
    Do the same for my family in Japan
    Annual concert (Japan)... ticket sales to the general public, break even and donate the rest to worthy causes
    Setup random private concerts of my favorite acts at a venue that seats around 300 people
    Kickboxing/MMA gym at home... one private and one public
    Restaurant/bar/karaoke joint
    Travel to places around the world
    Dress down (like sweats or t-shirt and jeans) and go to all the high-end food establishments and eat there regardless of their dress policy. Not a fan of stuffy things.

Stuff like that, I guess... Aside from a few vices, I've never really wanted anything fancy. I've always said that if I come into money, I'd be donating to worthy causes... I don't make too much money, but I always allocate money out each year to things that help children and medical research.

Forgot one...

Large amount - gather sponsors, acquire rights, and have someone develop an AKB48 kakuto game... One polygon based for newer systems and hand-helds, and a 2-d sprite based one to be released via online stores.

Insane amount - fund the whole thing myself... DGAF if no profit is made :p

8. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

You know what, no matter how much I get I'm gonna spend them all on Doraemon and AKB and SNSD and all my other beloved idols <3

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Zobii, if you ever win the lottery and don't know how to spend the money, just call me!!! :hehe:

Well...more or less...
    ...small amount: nothing would change
    ...medium amount: still nothing would change
    ...large amount: I would give up my current job, look for a quieter part-time job, donate some money to good causes and travel to Japan once every year.
    ...insane amount: I would give up my current job, I would set up a shelter for abandoned pets, donate some money to good causes, stay some months in Japan learning Japanese and enjoying my fandom and travel to Japan from time to time.

10. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    At my work we have a lottery pool, we each pitch in $2 to buy a bunch of tickets etc... so this "what if?" goes through my head like every time... [hehe]

I'd be boring and put it in savings... though I'd probably cave in and buy a new TV, my current LCD is big enough for me but it's a bit old and has like colour display problems on the edge that bug me, I could give it to some friends (whose sharehouse has a crappy CRT) and buy myself one of those absurdly big + skinny Samsungs [hehe]

I'd probably trade in my car and buy something like a Mitsubishi Evo X, buy the aforementioned TV, give a bunch of it to my parents (who are retired) and put the rest away for when I move to Japan...

Instead of the Evo I'd go something like a Lexus IS-F (my first choice would be a Nissan GTR but the nearest dealer is a 3 hour drive away in Sydney... yes I've thought this through [hehe] ). While I'd love something rediculous like a Ferrari I'd want a practical car, and I only have one parking spot [hehe]. I'd give away a bunch of it to my friends and family, stick the rest in savings... I'd probably keep working in my part-time job until I finish uni, it's an enjoyable distraction and I like the people there...

- an insane amount of money? (hundreds of millions of dollars!)

Now this is what I'm not sure about [hehe] would I keep going to uni and stay 'grounded'? Or would I just go to Japan and buy the donki building in Akihabara or something? :rofl: I don't really have aspirations to own a giant mansion or yacht or anything tbh, I don't really go for extravagance. I'd definitely use it to set me up in a sweet place in Tokyo though [hehe] have some spare rooms and fly people over to hang out, now that would be fun...

Ok, now I know what I'd do. I'd buy a data centre just for stage48. And a legion of coders to fix those 500 errors once and for all :rofl:

11. karles48

Sweet God, please, hear the pleas of this man whose heart is full of joy and good intentions...

12. BentoBoy

BentoBoy Kenkyuusei

i'd move to Japan and have myself a big adventure in Tokyo :awesome:

13. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I'd also move to Japan and build myself a good house with the lots of shelf so that I can always see the whole AKB related item I'm planning to horde :lol: while drinking expensive champagne.

If its a billion I'll put Aki-P on payroll and make him do lots of AKB songs. I think I'll buy the whole AKB franchise, how's that? [party]

14. girlwatcher1983

girlwatcher1983 Kenkyuusei

Oh, thats like wow enough to pay off one of platinum card

That about what it would take to pay off all my plastic and max out my retirement accounts for a few years, pay for some interesting vacation and maybe one new car.

Depeding on how much is a few million? In addtion to the above. Maybe I could retire and travel the world. Hard to say with only a few million.

In addion to the above. I would open a foundation and become a Philanthropist and give a portion of my money to varous charities ever year.

speaking of a lottery. Who else here uses akb48 girls to pick numbers to play lotto?
    reminder california mega millions is going to +200million on tomorrow friday

15. karles48

I bought a ticket ending in -48 last Christmas...but I wasn't lucky :p

16. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^ For a second there I thought you were gonna say that you won. :XD:

17. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

small amount- give to mum and dad :p
    moderate amount- buy car/ house when I'm older ;)
    large amount- take half million/ million give to family, give to people who are in need/ charity.
    an insane amount- give to the people that live in africa and other 1st world countries/ donate to charity/ create a charity :)

Lots of people said that they're gonna waste insane amounts on their oshimens but I wont, no matter how much I love takamina. 1 person (not even sure if she'll get happy wasting millions on her) vs. billion people you can rescue ... I think helping billions of people is much worth it, no matter how you feel about something... And I think Minami will be happier doing something for someone else "dareka no tame ni" <3

Your smiles make me happy :)
    Now & Forever <3

18. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Thanks! How considerate of you, first world countries have problems too.

19. Cathy

Cathy Kenkyuusei

- a small amount of money? (about £10,000)
    I'd probably take my sister on a holiday to Japan, and go shopping. Then I'd probably have no money left.
    Pay for college.

- a moderate amount of money? (about £200,000)
    Take my sister on holiday to Japan, go on a proper spending spree!
    I'd buy everyone in my family/friends a gift, something that they will make good use of.
    Pay for college.

Move into my own house, and buy a house abroad somewhere.
    Still got Japan and spend thousands of pounds! :inlove: - GO AND SEE AKB48!!
    I would buy a new closet full of clothes I wish I could afford usually.
    Donate money to charity.
    Give my friends/family a share of my money.
    Pay for college, then definitely university.
    Be the best wota ever! I'd have everything AKB have EVER brought out.

All of the above & honestly, I wouldn't know what else to do at this stage. :inlove:

20. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

So then, what would you do if you won:
    I would probably pay for a trip for my family at a nice hotel and with a lot of activities. Then put the rest into savings.

Buy a car! Then split the rest with my family.

Buy a house and a car! Then split the rest with my family.

Donate a portion to local Charities and same as above.