When is AKB48 no longer AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by vikacong, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Ashita wa Ashita no Kima ga Umareru on the 4th disc.

2. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

That's the only time, actually. No other graduated member has appeared on stage after graduating, unless if they re-joined, like Konkon did.

3. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    We have 'Love Machine' where all the origional MM members (including Make Goto) where there they did that some years back.
    Ogawa Makoto rejoined after her study period.
    Nagazawa Yuko was in several H!P concerts, Yaguchi Mari was the MC for a lot of them, Iida Kaori was back for a concert.
    The fact is they all stayed in H!P (except for Maki who left about a year ago) so technically they 'did not leave'?

All the 'old ones' now officially also graduated from H!P (except for MKB) with there last concert.

4. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^The entire Elder Club graduated, including AKB. But I meant that when the members graduated from H!P and came back, which has only happened once.

I hope that AKB can keep bringing graduated members back for special concerts :D

5. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

AKB48 will no longer be AKB48 if they stop the following:

1. theater performances
    2. meet and greet after performances

as said by another poster in this thread, Aki-P's main goal was to do the concept "Idols you can actually meet".I mean, when was the last time you actually get to meet your favorite singer or actor and get to actually talk to them and have a handshake - and then come back next day or next week and get to do the same thing again?

also, Aki-P's real goal is to put "48" stages wherever he can. he started the second stage with Nagoya, who knows which city could be next. it is a unique concept, for each chosen city there will be a 48 stage where girls can perform. to tell you, it will be a mind boggling idol concept once it goes as he envisioned it.

and no, it has nothing to do with the original members graduating. remember, AKB48 is a theater group. they will always be introducing new members. soon after a few weeks, fan loyalties either shift to the new person or add the person as a new oshimen along with their old favorite. and im very correct in posing this point: you experienced this already too.

no it will not end with graduations, it just seems like that because in PVs, music, and tv shows most of the members shown and included are the most popular. but popularity shifts from time to time like fanbase per member.when popularity and fanbase shifts, so does front lineups. front lineups are there to represent the entire theater girl population and launch the theater's songs to the general public, if Aki-P was to include every member including kenkyuseiis that will be like trying to film the "dancing prisoners" of Cebu city jail (see youtube)

so for members graduating, don't worry about it too much. don't get yourself stuck in the present, rather, look towards the future with courage.

and enjoy :)

6. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

IDK about AKB48 but the teams died tonight.

7. htmfan

htmfan Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    Yes i agree with rui!
    the Teams died tonight!!!
    at this time IDK which is my fav team now? i guess no teams just Fav mems from now!

8. Decreez

Decreez Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ QFT, these new teams will be brand new...
    Need to see some performances before I shall comment further...

9. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

Fav teams are blasted to smithereens until A6, K6 and B5.

10. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    That is ridiculous. Why do we need new Teams?

11. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

^ To rake in more income by boosting the overall popularity of the teams.

12. koba

koba Kenkyuusei

well akimoto always said he will destroy the idol business model with AKB so actually thinking about this with a clear head...it had to come and there will be even more to come and thats how akimoto became big and famous in the industry....

13. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

akimoto probably used the wrong word... perhaps "remodel the idol business model" is a better term.

yeah, more to come.

AKB48 will soon be the counterpart of Takarazuka Revue for the male wotas, with pop culture in the center instead of musicals and classic theater programs for the female wotas of Takarazuka.

14. Shokora

Shokora Kenkyuusei

When they keep pushing Acchan farther and farther into the front and make the whole group based around her, which they are already doing.

15. FrozenArctic

FrozenArctic Kenkyuusei

^ I see where that's going ==
    AKB will no longer be AKB when the new teams are put into action. Like honestly guys, we've spent quality time getting to know each team WELL. All the members and how each team is different from one another...what makes them unique.
    And now that most of the Original members are gone or will be leaving soon ><, I don't think AKB will ever be the same again. Really, the team shuffle was the last straw. Dreading the arrival of October D:

16. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

To me, when Acchan, Kojiharu, and Takamina leave AKB48.

But I still may support AKB48 even then depending upon who is still left, such as Mayuyu, Erepyon, and Myao.

It would be great if they would start with a new group name so that they could build an identity of their own, but it's highly unlikely as the "AKB48" brand-name alone would be worth too much to simply discard by the management.

17. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I was thinking what if Aki-P died... will AKB48 survive with a new producer?

18. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

good question, but such a dark question :fear:

19. ando

ando Kenkyuusei

No Champloo-san
    It is a very good question of Haruna-san
    It shows the exact purpose of TODOME ← 悪魔、悪魔

AKB will survive,
    and always will
    Shinobu-san can take place of Akimoto-san if he is GAME OVER
    Other than writing lyrics and music, I believe Shinobu-san is the excellent replacement of Akimoto-san
    Shinobu-san can work together with other producers and music writers to improve AKB

As for AKB,
    AKB is no longer AKB if AKB is not AKB
    (All members are graduated) o(^▽^)o
    Or if Korin is finally graduated (she mentioned about it once in 2008 in MOBAME)
    If Korin leave AKB, I leave AKB (only support certain members, not the entire team, let alone the management)
    I have sole support only for Korin, long before AKB :*:・V( ̄∀ ̄)V・:*:

Aaa forgive me, my words offend everyone・・・ m(_ _)m

20. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

No, of course not Ando-san.

Thank you everyone, all of your thoughts and input are truly appreciated.

Being in this forum for about 3 months had taught me a lot of things regarding idol concept. About how they work, their fanbase, management system and more importantly the girls :D

I suppose that I may need to learn more ( [nerd] ) about this stuff in order to truly answer such question. Until then, all of your thoughts and ideas are truly priceless.