1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

When will you 'graduate' from AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by jujuchuu, Feb 11, 2015.

1. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    she's not announcing it yet, but I bet she will in 2 or 3 months from now

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Maybe i will graduate if sayanee does and if there is no member that can replace her
    I already hiatus after takamina announced her graduation then someday i checked you tube and find sayanee with her voice. She grow on me, and make me now abou nmb better( i almost never heard them before )
    Now i tried to find a new oshimen, but still can't
    I already like akb since elementary , and everytime i'm try to graduate i always back so can't predict the future

3. stv-wong

stv-wong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    When Yuria graduates. Last week has proven for me that she's not just my current kami-oshi, but she has reach the Forever Kami-Oshi like Chiyuu and Kuumin. I've been in the fandom for years after all. While I do like the new gens, Yuria is the one who still connects me to 48 group. Without her, eh... I guess I'll leave.

4. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    I'll bet ya she wont.

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Probably when/if real life makes following them unfeasible. Otherwise, ... I thought I would stop following when Yuko graduated, but Reinyan and Tomu grabbed me and didn't let go. And now there are dozens more girls I like and want to support even if my oshimen were to graduate (which hopefully won't happen for several more years). Maybe there are some drastic changes Aki-P could make to the group dynamic that would make me stop following, but I can't think of any.

Others have mentioned the decline in song (especially A-side) quality, and... yeah. BwT is the only A-side I've loved since, well, since UZA, which itself was unusual. Which is not to say I haven't liked others in between, and most have certainly been catchy, but the B-sides are better. That's so reliable it's almost a Law.

6. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

after I leave japan, soon. It has been fun going to handshakes, but all nice things must come to an end. I'll still stay as a light fan probably but not following shows/stage/twitter like I do now.

7. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    Never. I'm here til the end.

8. idolmousse

idolmousse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tomonagamio
    I'm going to follow them and other idol groups until I actually figure out what to do with my life :^^;: I don't think I'll have time to follow idols in the future once career and family takes over.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I've been thinking about this lately, and since 2-3 years ago I've been constantly losing more and more interest in AKB and 48G... I don't think I'll stop caring completely but the interest / love / passion for AKB is barely there anymore for me, it started going down around mid-2015 and it just keep getting lower.

• I lost interest in theater stages, which is sad since it's one of the things I liked the most. One of the theater stage I loved in recent years, the Boku no Taiyou revival from 2016, half of the members graduated in less than a year and the stage was eventually ended. the last stages I watched are Paruru's grad & Naanya's grad (both oshis)... I gave a try to one of the special "new gen" stages earlier this year but it bored me. I also saw one of Kojiharu's special stage, it was ok but that's it. My interest for theater is over, from now on I will only watch a stage if it's for a graduation of a member that I like.
    • I started to follow AKB around 2010-2011 and started to follow sister groups around one year after, but since 2014 I totally stop following sister groups. Just no time. I still have 3-4 favs that I keep an eye on, as individuals, and I see them in AKB singles, but I stopped following sister groups long ago.
    • I stopped watching AKBINGO! or any variety show, concert or event, since more than 2 years ago. the only event I still watch is the elections.
    • I stopped watching dramas after Crow's Blood (I watched it because it had a lot of my favs and actually I loved this drama LOL). I didn't watch Cabasuka or Tofu and I doubt I'll ever take time for it.
    • It takes me weeks to watch a new Pv of AKB. yes even for a-side... and I barely check b-sides anymore, I don't watch any of the b-sides Pv's for years, and I can't name any b-side of the past 2 years (except 365 of course). I sometimes give a listen to some b-sides, then forget it and move on. LOL
    • Most of my favs left or are leaving, and when I see my posting history in stage48, for members thread, 90% of my posts are in graduates threads.

That's all. and it shows how much I'm pretty much over AKB (and 48G) but I still have interest to talk about them, I guess, as long as I come here and I know some of the girls... but yeah I don't know for how long. By now I'm more interested in Team 8 as a group than AKB. but they don't get anything so. if they get their own singles I could be their fan. until then I don't have much interest in anything 48G related. but still interested to discuss or read discussions. and it's not like I'll completely leave since my interest in my past oshis (now graduates) is still very much there. it's the active AKB that give me low interest and make me move on more and more as months pass. Right now I'm interested in the next single since it involves one of my top favs who is graduating (Mayuyu). it's one more fav who leaves, one more reason my interest might go even lower :S

10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    AKB Post-graduate student here (Also in real life lol).

Fan since 2009, kamioshi was Yukirin. "Graduated" around 2012. Sakuchan and Mako brought me back last year and caught up probably 85% of the 48G stuff I missed for the past 5 years in one summer period LOL

Once felt confident enough I tested out my 48G knowledge on discussions in this forum by creating an account and got myself in lots of arguments which was fun lmao

Dived deeper into 2ch, Matome and Showroom stuff as well that now has become a daily habit for me. Until one day I saw a pillar of light shined upon my face from STU during their SR audition period where a girl named "Iwata Hina" really opened up my eyes and heart where I believe I will continue to support this girl for at least 10 more years no matter if she becomes popular or not. :1st:

Still often opening and updating myself in various stages, variety shows and mini lives. And also helping out in contributing for the international fandom for providing English translation contents.

I evaluate myself in familiarity of the groups as the following in percentage of progress as of today:
    AKB - 85% / Team 8 - 75% / SKE - 65% / NMB - 40% / HKT - 70% / NGT - 90% / STU - 95%
    btw for 46...Nogi - 20% / Keya - 10% lol

In short summary...Yukirin introduced me, Sakuchan and Mako revived me and Hinachan secured me. :p

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    kind of impressed u managed to come back. I feel like the 48/46-world is really hard to come back to; especially since u left right around the time HKT and Nogi were just formed/introduced and NMB were babies. Honestly that time period was lit so quite surprised u lost interest lol.

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yeah I know lol I'm still not sure if I should feel regretted about it or not. I'd love to relive those times. But o wells.

Though tbh anime and league of legends was even more lit for me at that time XD now not so much. Too bland for the former and too much cancer for the latter. I figured I'd be happier to rather watch something that will be more relaxing, positive and exciting in life. (Yet never have I thought s48 would be as frustrating, shallow and toxic sometimes too lololol) but all good, I was still able to find some great folks and friends here on the forum.

I guess one of the greatest advantages for me to come back quicker than others was my ability in the Japanese language. As I didn't really need to rely much on subs or translations to read and watch the 48G contents.

Also I was genuinely interested in learning and caring each of the members stories and struggles in the group.

So it was natural for me that the more I dug deeper the more passion that grew in me was even greater than before I was just a simple minded Yukirin oshi lurker lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Whatever works I guess right lol. I was on the fence around the time NGT were being introduced cause it's become so much. I haven't even touched STU48 and probably won't till their official debut cause I'm not about this boat-ferry-basic-shit-life thing they're bringing to the idol world. Funny enough I said a similar thing to myself when vegetable-farmers-NGT came around, but their debut single was fire to me and it got me super interested in the girls lol. Aki-p just knows his shit and they pick good idols sometimes.

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Not trying to be picky on words here but just for the sake to make things clear...

STU already officially debuted...so I think you probably meant their debut single XP

And NGT girls are known to be labelled as rice farmers than vegetable farmers XP

Anyways I highly encourage you to get into STU before it gets mainstream cuz it will make you look cooler xD jk

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I will never make my posts easy for people to understand cause that's too much work on my part, but yes, debut single. I'll keep an eye out for STU when that comes around. All I know is that Sasshi is like their god-producer and Nana is a kennin member. Also that Tomato-takino-girl is the center. I have no idea how she looks like tho, but I'm gonna assume she has bangs.

Rice...vegetables...same thing when u have girls like Monica in the group lol. But I love them for that.

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Well... really this is my only outlet for idoling... and currently is the only forum I hit for interaction with other fans. Used to be a lot easier to get into when I was younger... but not so much now.

My wife allows me my old hobby, simply because I don't spend a cent on it with our collective funds, only time and effort. That's reality... and it works.

I suppose when our mutual activities take up more and more time (a lot of trips are planned for the next few years, barring any financial trapdoors), or I find another hobby that eats up more of the day (I keep bringing up skydiving with her, as it's a lifelong dream of mine to see my favorite places on earth while freefalling -- no-go so far but I'm chipping away at her :^^;: )... I'll give up 48G. Realistically I'll just lurk until I finally lose interest entirely... gotta be at some point... but I'm not going to worry about it, just enjoy 48G while I can. :p

17. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

There are some decent members left, but I can't root for this organization, nothing personal. I just want to see where this trainwreck ends up.

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't think I'll ever really "graduate" from the fandom, mainly because I'll probably get too invested in new endeavors, gradually losing track of what happens in the group until I periodically go back and check and then go all "oh... there's two new SGs, that's really neat I guess. Wait, she graduated? That's a shame. Ok this kid seems promising, I'll go read her wiki entry or something", but never quite committing to the "graduation" thing. I like to go back to things I used to enjoy until they somehow manage to piss me off. I might be bound to lose some interest once Miichan leaves, however. But I'm sure I'd keep checking on Naachan, my ni-oshi, anyway. I'm not sure I'd be in much of a hurry to choose a new Kami once she leaves in her time.

19. espressophile

espressophile Kenkyuusei

I may not intentionally lose interest, but since I had kids (first one in 2012; second in 2014), I just don't have time to invest in pursuing the fandom like I used to (and I've been a fan since nearly the beginning). Because of that, most of my fave members have graduated, and I haven't managed to 'replace' them. So perhaps it is inevitable; I don't know.

20. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

I wont and i will die with 48g.They are the one who keep me entertain until this moment so why should i stop ? Except if they change their concept.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2