1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Which 48G members underwent plastic surgery?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Dokuro3313, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    I know it's a questionable subject, but I'm too curious.

It should be normalized to talk about it openly, and I would never judge a member for having it done.

My guesses are:
    Omori Maho (AKB48)
    Unjo Hirona (HKT48)
    &
    Yokono Sumire (NMB48)

because they all joined 48G at a late age and I don't know, their eyes look like they underwent surgery.:^^;:

Don't judge!:^O^:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    From the name you mentionned:
    Eyes surgery is extremely normalized in Japan, the double eyelids surgery is done by virtually every idol.
    For Sumire, it's obviously the type of makeup she does that gives this impression. Hirona gives her eyebrows that weird sad shape and that's the thing. No idea what Maho looks like so I can't tell.

Girls that showed obvious signs of having done surgery to me, out of the top of my mind, are Miyazaki Miho, Shimazaki Haruka, Itano Tomomi, Kasai Tomomi (post grad. Her current face is 100% brand new), Miyawaki Sakura, Kodama Haruka (started while in HKT, continued after grad).

I'm not shaming them or saying this is wrong at all. All good for them, their looks equates their money after all. And if I was a celebrity, I surely would do CS as well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. trxsh

trxsh Member

Agree with all of the names you listed. Anyone with spontaneously growing nose bridges as well, that's a popular procedure.

Along with eyelid surgery, never underestimate the popularity of injectable fillers! Especially among people in the entertainment industry. If done well, they look pretty nice and natural.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    Oh the growing nose bridges as well, yes!!
    It's all about the Japanese beauty standards, high noses, big eyes... The girls are just trying their best to improve.

What bugs me is how some people (on this forum as well as everywhere else) will act hurt and defensive when the topic is brought up. An exemple is when Haruppi came back as an actress after being MIA for a while, with a modified face, and people brought up the CS topic and some fans still denied it. Yes she lost weight, yes she wore a different make up, but some of her features had clearly been altered.
    This is a behavior I never understood. Just like people going all "NO THEY'RE NOT FAT" when someone is called so. It depends on the way it's being said I agree on that, but saying one is not fat when they are is similar to denying the happening of CS, it's what actually villainize those traits/actions in the first place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Debunked a million times already, jog on.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I randomly saw Tanaka Miku's photos on my twitter timeline and barely recognized her. Rather than surgery I think she got lip fillers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mentos48

mentos48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    i know a lot of people haven't commented on this thread in a long time, but it's an interesting question, my guesses: Tanaka Miku, Miyawaki Sakura (debunked a thousand times), Sashihara Rino, Komiyama Haruka (it's kind of obvious), Miyazaki Miho, Itano Tomomi..... and a lot of other members that i don't remember now :lol:

i've been looking at photos of Mahopyon for hours and i don't see any signs of plastic surgery, if you have any photos that show very clear changes to her face, can u share? :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  8. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    ^ Strong agree on all of those. Komi also uses heavy makeup and filters on all her pictures, she looks different in own pictures VS work. Too bad cause she was so pretty to start with.

Are we talking only about current members? The current ones are rather young in AKB (don't know the other 48 groups enough anymore to comment on them) and I think they are pretty much all natural (Mainly talking about 17,18 and 19ki here), but it seems it got very common for graduates to have surgery nowadays, they even freely admit to it for some. From the top of my head, Sakaki Miyu (got herself a whole new face), Kobayashi Kana, Mougi Kasumi.

a rant about idols and surgery, not only related to 48 groups...
    I am an old school idol fan, and honestly miss the looks idols sported in the early 2000s. Less makeup, no/less surgery, no filters. I will agree their looks were less "polished", but they all shined in their distinctive ways. "Imperfections" can become a selling point. But this doesn't just applies to idols, society as a whole has become so focused on looks and image. Idols are probably just trying to keep up with the current trends. The other day I was thinking about a girl that embodied what an idol should be in her days, while not a 48 girl, Tsugunaga Momoko. Though an idol since very young, she maintained using only very light make up throughout her whole career and I can't detect any sign of any surgery anywhere on her face. She graduated a few years back, yet could have honestly stayed longer. But I can't help but think how she had the perfect timing. No matter how much of a natural she was, in the look department, she couldn't have competed against the current heavily dolled up idols, right? Same could apply to early popular 48 girls, like Maeda Atsuko, Oshima Yuko. Their faces aren't so "perfect" as the ones we see currently in the group, I wonder how they would do next to the current members nowadays? I know it's not only about looks for idols, but it plays a huge part. Just ramblings of an auntie, sorry sorry ^^"

9. mentos48

mentos48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    we simply have the same thought here! :) hahaha i think we should be friends! >< i hope the AKB youth girls (17ki 18ki and 19ki) don't fill their faces with plastic! and about Kobayashi Kana, omg i didn't remember how different her face has become over the years, she looks like a walking Instagram filter!
    and that's where the main problem; social networks, filters and so on, resulting in heavy image problems!!! Komiharu's case is the most explicit at the moment, a girl who was so beautiful and is having plastic surgery and using filters because she clearly has problems with her appearance! I feel bad for her ):

I agree with almost everything you said, except for the part about Tsugunaga Momoko (i may have something a little personal with her, i don't like HOW burikko she is, i think burikko is cute at the right point, she makes me laugh non-stop with that screechy voice. Momochi can be such annoying bc of how caricature she is, but, i like the times she's gone a little out of character).... but, returning to the main subject, one thing is a fact; in the past, idols were more "imperfect" and that was precisely what made them so popular and natural, it was easier for us normal girls to identify with less "shaped" and made-perfect girls. in past, girls like Oshima Yuko, Itano Tomomi, Watanabe Mayu, Maeda Atsuko (and others) had their own individual personalities and beauty, nowadays, idols all have the same basic personality and way of acting/dress, as if it were a "factory way", they no longer have their own personalities like they used to, that makes me really miss the golden era, i used like the way each one was different and how this directly impacted her appearance and way of working as an idol. idols used to be less 'orthodox type' but they were more special individually....