1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Which AKB48 sister group can be as successful as AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by MayuMK30048, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Furumarion

Furumarion Kenkyuusei

have you ever watched SKE and NMB stage? [wonder]
    dont know much about NMB but obviously SKE have a lot of dancers

2. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I put AKB48 in the pedestal because they deserved it. I'm a fan of AKB48 so, it's obvious that i think they are the best in the business. and obviously you just don't like Sasshi, so you can't appreciate what she had done on HKT48. cause unlike other MC's on AKB48 show. Hakata Hyakkaten's MC is Sasshi which is also a member of the group so, relatively she knows each member because of it she help the members to appeal themselves to the fans by showing what they can do, their personality and their flaws. it is Sasshi's job to help the members to discover how they can appeal to the fans and she did a great job on it.

3. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I appreciate what Rino has done for HKT i just don't agree with you what she has done for them. As for giving credit where it is deserved, it leads to a lot of biased judgement, if you take a step back for a moment and look at the other members or groups you realize that they all deserve a great amount of credit and are not really under other members of the group regardless of how others may perceive them.

Edit: Hey is it just me or are mine and the post above rather screwy?

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Not just you, and it is not the first time it happens when MayuMK30048 posts something.

5. saniam

saniam Kenkyuusei

JKT48, If Aki-p make another sister group in Indonesia like DPS48 (Denpasar48) or MDN48 (Medan48). JKT48 will be a leading main role 48 Group in Indonesia only, like AKB48. DPS48 and MDN48 will be considered a sister group just like SKE48 and NMB48.

And in other case JKT48 is an Indonesian and Japanese idol group (at least for me). Because it has a chance to be popular both in Japan and Indonesia. While another AKB's sister group only considered Japanese idol group and only got a chance to be popular in Japan only.

6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Did you forget?
    Sister groups like SKE, NMB, HKT can be popular in Japan and other countries (including Indonesia)
    Japan idol group is more appealing to public (Japanese culture fan, anime fans, etc)
    than Indonesian Idol group in overseas.. no offense.. but JKT is closer to Singapore but here HKT which is relatively new still more quite popular than JKT48 among 48 fans here

once again no offense but [wonder] [wonder]
    Before that, please reduce the number of JKT fans with lack of manner..
    so that it can gain appeal to public (serious..)

7. eyeless

eyeless Kenkyuusei

They're not even popular in Jakarta.

8. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Jakarta just started anyways, how long did it take AKB48 before they got popular.
    even I as a fan of AKB48 have doubts if ever they will get popular since their flopping singles from the start.
    but look at how many singles they are selling.

9. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^Usually less and less with each new single.

10. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Most people here looks down on JKT, actually. "What's the point of so many members?", "They lipsync anyway, don't they?", "Oh, so they just do covers of translated Japanese songs?", "Can half of them even sing/dance?"

I think the popular songs in Indonesia by local artists are mostly ballads about a broken heart and whatnots, typically sung by males. At least, that's what my peers find "tolerable" in the local music industry, as most middle-class youth (the "assumed" target audience for idol groups due to their taste and income) chose to indulge themselves in either Western music or KPop :^^;:

==

Truthfully, I don't want any sister group to exceeds the success of AKB. I mean, AKB is the mothership after all; without it, there won't be an SKE, NMB, HKT, JKT, or SNH. I'd like to think of sister groups as a way of offering different taste to fans — SKE with their powerful dance, NMB with their comedians, HKT with their youth, JKT and SNH each with their own culture.

But if I had to choose, SKE would be the most likely to overtake AKB, judging from their sales and the fans loyalties lol

11. Buddy P. Sokarijo

Buddy P. Sokarijo Kenkyuusei

I think... JKT should be handled diffrently, in fact every sistergroup has to be diffrent... atleast from AKB... I think the concept could do well overseas(idols you can meet) but each and every group should have its own distinctive style...
    Aki-p has probably his reasons for taking so long with JKT's own original single. But at this moment, JKT and SNH feels more like a covergroup....

I feel like though many of the Japanese sister groups have its subtle diffrences from AKB anyway... SKE48 seems more likely to be more popular at one point...

12. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Since there're so many 48 groups established throughout Asia in general, there's gonna be a day when this question will be answered, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. [wonder]

Since AKB is the central point of all the other groups, I doubt they'll ever get the real chance of separating from them, even though SNH48 seems like the other possibility considering how they've concluded that they'll do things their way.

But if I were to choose one, I'd say SKE would be the first to take their own path. Because they're the 2nd to come out of the 48 Group, they have the most amount of resources to possibly be on the same level as AKB by themselves. [think]

In my opinion, I don't think any other 48 Group can be as successful unless they take their own path, without following AKB.

13. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    I can smell the management cooking up something for HKT48...

Two super-KKS Meru and Mio getting ranks in less than a year. Sakura and Haruppi's popularity is rising exponentially. Sasshi ranking 1st in the senbatsu.

Meru x Mio x Sakura x Haruppi rivalries, varieties, russian monkeys... There's so much complexity with this group. And with their 2nd single coming up, I guess the center controversy will pique a lot of interest in the 48G fandom, giving more attention to HKT48. Combined with the push they are getting lately, all they need to do is to make a full use of their momentum. It's almost like a golden age for the HKT48 lately.

Therefore, I should say, HKT48 without a doubt.

14. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    looks like, majority think that HKT48 has the most potential.
    with the reasons like. Other sister group only focus on the ace and the center, Sashiko's influence in the group.
    well, it's true anyway. unlike SKE48 and NMB48 who look like the whole group only center on two members. HKT48 has many potential young members that reminded me of the old AKB48. HKT48 doesn't only center with two members but many members are rising on their own. with the center position still in question.
    unlike SKE48, since in the beginning of SKE48. it's already clear who are the ones management are pushing namely, Jurina and Rena. even in NMB48 case. Sayanee and Milky. these sister groups ace and center had leave their co-members lagging far behind with a trail of dust all over them and it's already hard for them to keep-up
    and even now. no one in SKE48 and NMB48 had step up to challenge their respective group's ace and center.

15. Amrai

Amrai Kenkyuusei

Somewhere talking about Sayaka A. and AKB
    None because the general public just views them as an extension of AKB.

16. alabare

alabare Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I think as some of the previous posters have said, it all depends on what the definition of successful is. If success is having million selling singles, I think that is difficult to achieve.

That being said I think that all the sister groups have a measured amount of success. HKT48 is getting a lot of publicity right now, due in some part of Sasshi being there, but I think what drew me to them was the energy that they display in their performances. Being a late comer to the AKB family I also think they remind me a lot of the early days of AKB48 itself. It is hard to see truly how successful the group will be considering they do not have the full complements of teams yet and/or and original stage. ;)

That being said. I think NMB48 needs to cultivate the B team more as reading other posts, it seems that that team is not getting enough traction without high profile girls at this point. I think theater performances with original stages will help in that regard. But seeing how they are only at a point of doing Team N 1st stage, in the upcoming months it may take a while. I think that is the part of the impetus of promoting Meru and Mio in HKT48 so that they do not repeat some of the growing pains experienced by NMB48. [wonder]

I am still not too familar with SKE48, have not followed their exploits except of course the trials and tribulations of Wmatsui. Their fanbase seems fired up so I think they will have a good measured success in the years to come and it looks like their recent single is doing well in the oricon charts. [clap]

17. csidni

csidni Kenkyuusei

I don't think B2 needs an original stage as much as they just need to change the current stage. Aitakatta is a fine stage and it's one of my favourites but it's one where the girls who stand out stand out and the girls who don't really don't so I don't think it's fitting for the current situation at all. Not to mention the fact that SKE48 KKS are currently doing it as well. If B2 were to go with a stage that hasn't been revived (often) before like H2 I think they'd do just fine. Not trying to deny that they had a slow start of course.

Ah, I guess that was a little off-topic..

18. saniam

saniam Kenkyuusei

What I am really trying to say is JKT48 can be Indonesian's AKB. While JKT can't participate in sousenkyo and such. They can create they own sousenkyo for INA48 (Indonesia48). So that Aki-p should create more 48 in Indonesia to extend JKT48, like DPS48(Denpasar48), MDN48(Medan48), or BDG48(Bandung48). They serve as the extension of JKT48, while SKE, NMB, and HKT serve as AKB's extension.In AKB's point of view, JKT still serve as AKB extension.

19. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    I think HKT48 will be the spiritual successor of AKB48 ,They are really similar in sound and Sakura/Sashihara/Nako are from them so I guess that gives them more exposure.
    Nonetheless, with AKB suspending sousenkyo I can see them rebranding themselves.

20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

NGT48 clearly as popular now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1