Which milestone will be reached first?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Takoyama, Mar 16, 2015.

?

Which milestone will be reached first?

1. Million single sales

12.0%
  2. Tokyo Dome concert

16.0%
  3. 46 active members

5.3%
  4. Kōhaku Uta Gassen appearance

66.7%
  1. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

NHK never ever announces such thing, neither last year, nor the 64 years before. There's only 1 announcement - the confirmed list. Any others are all rumors / speculations.

2. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Considering that their newest single was close to the 500,000 mark, their million selling single isn't too far away, but not yet attainable.

Active members to me seems the least far away. Now that all the 2nd gen members are promoted, they just need to be added to upcoming senbatsus and maybe promote some of the other 1st gen but some of them have been in this group for almost 3 years now so I don't see this happening.

Kouhaku was my vote. They've been outselling both SKE and NMB so they HAVE to make it in this year.

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah NHK NEVER would pre-announce anything. In fact Ayumi Hamasaki got into deep trouble because she had pre-announced that she was uninvited.

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Whoa...Ayu got into trouble she pre-announced she was invited? Any sources? I'm quite curious...

5. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    She preannounced it:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...-kohaku-uta-gassen-for-first-time-in-15-years

But basically it was a way of trying to say "I decided to not go, not them not inviting me"... which people knew was a lie. On the J-netz there were rumors going around that NHK was pissed off at Avex for pulling this weeks before they formally announced the list.

6. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Eh?! The Ayu situation is kooky, they really don't play around.

On the OT: Unless they pull out an election and a Heavy Rotation sized hit this year, then a million is out of the question. If they continue with their current momentum though, then 700k-800k before year's end is possible. If they do that, I think we may see mgmt try something big like SSK to get them to the million.

I agree with others that TD sounds like something they'll save for the anniversary live.

Between Kohaku and 46 nin... well we still dont have all the details about the upcoming auditions. Assuming its not for a subunit or sister group, they could very well be 46nin again before Kohaku (which I believe will happen this year for sure).

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I really hope they don't do a SSK though. That would clash with Nogi's image so much that it would be detrimental to their brand.

8. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'm curious, what aspects of SSK do you think would clash most with Nogi's images? They already put a big emphasis on senbatsu selection + a fukujin (a process fans still aren't entirely sure of what merits are considered). They already have fan voted events like Principal and the B-sides featured on the album and ofc, HS already ensures that wota are buying multiple copies of every release. So to me, a fan selected senbatsu single seems like a natural progression.

Although, I wonder if there are some conditions in whatever contract/deal they have with Akimoto that would prevent them from having their own election. Ikoma is the only Nogi member that can even compete in 48G SSK currently but the cynic in me wonders if AKS is simply trying to strike the right deal with Sony to get all Nogi members involved.

9. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    I think the simple fact that it seems to be something only done by 48 poses a problem lol. Since I think most fans (& the nogi girls too) desire less association with 48, doing something that seems to be exclusively 48 would be problematic I imagine.

Ideally if nogi is to do some sort of vote, I would prefer it to be something different & unique, like how our Principals all have audition vote elements.

10. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Exactly as @rust mentioned. It's too associated with the "48" brand. The last thing Nogi needs is to be more closely tied with it.

If anything, something else should be thought up for Nogi, completely unrelated to either 48 or 46 current activities.

11. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Ah, I see. My line of thinking is more along 'beating them to the punch'. If Nogi's doing their election then it's unlikely they'd get tied up with 48G SSK which I definitely don't want to happen (even if it would be fun to see our top girls steamrolling the ranks). Ideally Sony would come up with an event that's uniquely Nogizaka's but can generate the media buzz that sousenkyo does and boost sales. Or they could just have a mega hit song that moves all of Japan but the former seems easier. :^^;:

I still would like to see a fan voted senbatsu happen though if not SSK, I could see them doing something like Principal again with having a form for fans to vote which positions they want to see girls at and reveal it on Doko. Actually... I think I would prefer that. lol

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Personally I'd rather avoid an election because it's gimmicky. Nogizaka have a much less gimmicky image than AKB and I think that has an appeal to it. If I had to choose I think I'd rather keep it that way over having AKB-level sales.

13. Razil

Razil Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think for now, 46 active members will be reachable. But I do wish, someday they can hit 1 million~ >o<

14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Them aldready at beginda at 46 members... ?
    anyway i voted that...

15. lucky ardana

lucky ardana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
  16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  17. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Could not be happier for them, finally!