1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Who do you think will be Captain?

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by YuNcHuNsA, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    In an interview, Hiratechan said something about "There's no need for a captain in Keyaki"...
    And in a retrospective, the lyrics of Silent Majority kinda encourage that :blink:

So probably will end with some "In charge of MCing and talking to the media"

• Like Like x 1
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yukka and Oda Nana both seem responsible and well-spoken, and I don't sense any coolness between them and the rest of the group. I had thought of Neru, but she speaks with such a cute voice (despite being pretty smart) that maybe she wouldn't represent the group's strong, cool image. Too quirky, maybe. And it appears she's destined for the front.

The idea of not having a captain is interesting, but if it is really mainly to speak for the group, I think having someone who saw it as their job to know what the group as a whole thought would be a good thing. However, it is still intriguing to give everyone the right to speak, at least for themselves. It would go along with the kakkoii image the group is putting out, at least in Silent Majority.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I think keyaki still need a captain, at the very least it's good publication for the member who is chosen as the captain
    but the positive thing for having no captain is, if that chosen member somehow deserved to get shafted into the under, the management doesn't have any obligation to still feature her in senbatsu so everyone is fighting for themselves without anyone got a privilege

4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Ehh, personally i want for them to ride it out as long as possible and see who gradually fits the leader role best. Like with Sayaka A and Takamina, they never officially appointed her leader until they shuffled the teams for the first time in 2009.
    So, whoever the members themselves see as a leader should be the one leading, not just someone management appoints because she has "leadership skills"

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I think management appointment was already considering members opinion. And captaincy should not viewed as privilege. She at least must have moderate popularity to justify her spot first.

6. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    At first, i am cheering for Ishimori, but lately my support turned to Yuuka who have led Keyaki enji for several times. Oda could also be a good option considering how old Yuuka is (one of the oldest).
    She's good at speaking, seems to have good relationship with everyone in the group, loud and as a big sister herself she might know things or two about handling girls younger than her.

7. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    so, sugai sama has led the engine, the first showcase MC, the press conference on tower records... Just announce it already lol

8. mionfortune

mionfortune Kenkyuusei

I'll go with Akane, the complete opposite of Reika :lol:
    I laughed so hard in "Moriya's pressure" :omfg:

9. Jagan no Otoko

Jagan no Otoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Been following Keyaki's shows for a while now and I personally think Akanen fits the bill best. She seems reliable and has quite the character. Yuuka is a popular choice as expected but...I'm not quite getting the whole leader vibe from her. Wonder if they'll start using the Fukujin arrangement soon too...

10. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    No Keya captain, make Reika GM of 46 :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A couple of months ago or more, I think there was a general feeling among the members -- stated by Techi -- that they didn't need a captain, that it would just be throwing work everyone should do onto one person's shoulders. I'm not sure about that, and I've been expecting Yukka to be named all along, but since it hasn't happened, maybe it won't happen.

The dance captain appears to be Fuu-chan -- she's shown directing people alongside Takahiro in the "making of" video for Kataru nara -- but she's so far down in public popularity that maybe that wouldn't work.

I think Akanen is a bit too flaky for this role -- or at least likes to joke around too much. Hard to say.

12. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I don't know why but I would like to support Suzumoto to be captain.
    Her stare and her aura says it.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

As it happens, a piece on this topic just appeared on one of the K46 matome (collected news and comment) sites. The consensus once again was a choice between Sugai and Akanen. Or both together, with Sugai the spokesman and Akanen the one in charge of gathering the troops (one comment suggested her as "demon henchman" lol). One poster thought that having an important position might settle Akanen down from what they felt was her current state of confusion. Another poster thought Akanen had more of a "leader" feel than Sugai.

There was some thought that being part of the senbatsu wasn't even necessary for someone whose main job was behind the scenes, with the popular members doing the outside talking. So Fuu-chan enters the running (although she wouldn't be my choice).

One person thought Berika would be good: just stand there and don't say anything.

The first two names mentioned were interesting thoughts for the future: Yone-san and Nanako.

And people repeated the idea that maybe a captain isn't needed. Although others said that meant Hirate was like an unofficial captain, and that put too much weight on her young shoulders.

14. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakamotohimeka
    I don't know why but I was randomly thinking about them having a captain and as unpopular as it might be, I actually think Fuu-chan would be great for captain.

She's technically already dance captain and internally within the band she seems to be well loved. Seems to take charge fairly quickly and is less shy from what we've seen of her. Just my impressions.

On top of that it would kind of raise her own popularity. In a way, the other girls mentioned have so much potential to center and what not and be big in their own way but if you added being captain to the mix might be too much. All in all think she'd be great at it.

15. chronosis

chronosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I Will Support Sugai-sama Or Oda Nana For Keyaki Captain

16. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I had the same thought before since Fuu seems to be among the most respected and liked ones among the other group members. This doesn't guarantee it's a good decision though, depending on what the group captain's task and responsibilities will be. As obvious from HS sales and fan article (collecting cards) values in online trading she's a massive underdog when it comes to public popularity, arguably the least popular one. This is a problem because when it would be the captain's task to lead the group in TV shows or address the crowd at the beginning of events for example (as Sugai did shortly before on the Tokyo Idol Festival), she's among the least likely to raise the excitement by picking up the mic, while other members can do this single-handedly. In fact, any public representation is likely to become less effective when carried out by those who are not by those who at least have decent popularity.
    On the other hand, MC'ing a radio show, working as an intermediary between group and management or assisting officials (as she seemed to do already during Kataru Nara MV production) is definitely something I could think about, but it's nothing Sugai or Moriya couldn't do equally well at the moment.

She's certainly in question for this, as her presence in TV (especially Keyaroom, which is supposed to show a natural conversation between the members) is always strong and she's usually among the first ones to take action or raise her voice. But because of the reasons above I assume it's not realistic to put her in such a position yet. I'm somehow afraid Sugai oshi or some fans in general may even rally against this and disapprove of such an "outsider" idol being appointed as captain. Personally, I'd support her in any way but objectively I just can't say it's a good idea yet...

Same goes for Odanana as I'd say. Personally, I'm against a captain position for someone as well. The group being a unity and (almost) every member appearing equally valuable for the group as a whole (at least for them personally) is among the charm points of Keyaki. The tasks that I mentioned above are already being carried out by someone in the group anyway, it may be various members (Fuu dance captain/MV assistant, Sugai/Moriya MC, all three usually the ones that take action on TV) but an official captain post is not needed for that, I reckon it would even be counterproductive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In the M-On video just out (see SekaAi thread) we see Fuu-chan right beside Sugai for the circle shout, as well as assisting Takahiro in getting the formation right. He has said she is one of the good dancers, but one who has the special ability of seeing the whole formation. Perhaps Sugai as spokesman, Fuu-chan as "henchman" for the dirty work of calling meetings and getting the dancing right? If she remains in the senbatsu...or maybe even if she doesn't. I've never much liked Fuu-chan, but you have to respect what she's doing for the group now, both in the dancing, and in keeping their ties strong.

I actually don't love her dancing: she does the right moves, but not with enough precision and control, compared to Suzumoto. However, Suzumoto is just concentrating on getting her own dancing perfect, whereas Fuu-chan is seeing the whole, and seems much more able to help others.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I can see that. Suzumon is a wonderful dancer but she doesn't seem the teacher type.

So far it seems like the management and fans have chosen Sugai. This is probably partially because she's the responsible type, but mostly because of her resemblance to a certain 48G member who is a fantastic captain.

Those are the two concerns for a captain that I'm aware of: MC at events, and looking after the members.
    You have to know when they have something to contribute, when they need something but aren't telling anyone, you have to be able to talk about the other members and sell them to the audience.

Sugai is great, but I don't think she's the best at either of those roles.
    She might grow into them, but that's work she would have to do.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakamotohimeka
    I think you're all right with the fact that Keya seems to be doing well without a captain as is. Instead we have these two shared captain roles where internally it might be one person whilst externally another. Almost like Keya Lieutenants instead. Hahaha

Considering how much can be put on the captains shoulders I think it's just better the older ones stand in instead of letting it fall to Tecchi. But if the fans have chosen Sugai, good luck to her cause it seems like a full on role on top of everything else.

Hilariously, if interactions between Nogi and Keya were really good it'd be hilarious to see Reika as General manager of both.

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It would be so weird because Keyakizaka would *have* to respect her, then it'd go to her head.

• Like Like x 1