Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Seems like Togasaki is graduating in August :(

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

What does he even do in the group these days?

3. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It's cuz the industry is THAT small lmao

Nah but in reality, not many in Korea actually knows most K-pop groups except for a few big ones. Most only know like one or two members although the songs are popular but sometimes they don't know who the artist even is. I think it's only back in 2nd gen did people know most of the groups and the members because they dominated the market and there wasn't that many compared to now

all that sns promo probably makes it easier for ifans to like everyone and everything

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I wondered if he was even still in AKS after his drugs and prostitution/affair scandal, but apparently he's still around.
    The Wiki doesn't have much detail about staff members, which is a bit of a shame, as they are a relevant part of the group as well imho.
    (and it's pretty difficult to find them, as there is no index/entry page as far as I could tell, I was looking for info about the costume designer/manager who's name I can't remember, so I had to search for Togasaki and form there there was a link to her page)

edit: the wiki says:
    Togasaki Tomonobu is the Head of the AKB48 Customer Center.

another edit:
    it seems like he's fed up because his career is in a dead-end street since 2014, which is kinda understandable of course
    https://twitter.com/tgsk1115/status/1014169513019887616

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I believe one of Togasaki's duties was to speak to people at the manager's room at HS events, perhaps Cris or Ithebigc would know more than that.

I recall hearing that before his fall from grace that TGSK was on the AKS board of directors, then he got up to his shenanigans and got shunted into a side job. He was with the group from the start, he helped make it what it is, it seems like a shame that he couldn't be rehabilitated to a more responsible position.

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, drug abuse is just a really really big thing in Japan, to be honest I was amazed to find out he wasn't sacked outright.

But additionally the claim of him having affairs with minors ... in his position in a girl group with 300+ members ... even the suggestion would be enough to put your career dissipation light into overdrive.
    Let's face it, there have been 'casting couch' rumours floating around and I recall reading statements by an ex-member (but that might have been from another idol group) alluding to what could be called a kind of prostitution. Any such suggestion is bound to hit a nerve in management.

It sucks to be put out into the pasture as Togasaki was ... but I really don't see how he could ever have a high-profile position within AKS ever again.

btw, I think his defence points at that as well "no, they weren't affairs ... they were prostitutes"
    I'm from a pretty liberal country, but even here a politician's career was over the moment he admitted to visiting prostitutes ... and it's a legal proffesion here!
    Most people will think visiting/employing prostitutes is only marginally less bad as having an affair with what could be a minor (i.e. 17, 18 yo).

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I don't recall anything about him and minors? iirc the girl he was photographed with was a college student (and part time hooker) aged 22. Younger than him but not a minor.

I believe that rumour like that originated from "Rico Yamaguchi" and was told as she was promoting her JAV career so the truthfulness of that is highly uncertain. That's going back a loooooooong time ago so my memory on it isn't that fresh. I think there might have been a Bunshun story of the same vintage but then they used to make allegations about all sorts of things regarding AKB when they were all over the media in 2010-12

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I just re-read the article, there the claim is that one of the girls was 19, not a minor ... my bad

Don't get me wrong, I tend take those kind of rumours with a complete trainload of salt ...

and 'Bunshun' .... nuff said ... we all know what their business model is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Regarding Togasaki.

Am I understanding this part of his blog post right?

二人目の娘が産まれて2ヶ月で突然天国に行ってしまった時、半年くらい
    家で塞ぎ込んでいた僕は、何故このようなことが自分の身に起きたのか?
    Source: https://ameblo.jp/togachan1115/entry-12388367719.html

His second daughter, two months old, passed away six months ago? I've had not heard this before. He has gone through some hard times it seems.

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Is that his real blog though? It seems half-finished. "Enter the explanation of your blog here" and no avatar too. How do you verify it's his?

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    If I recall correctly he did state he might take up blogging in his tweet, so that might be the reason it needs some more spit and polish ?

I did a google search (in English) ... that kinda turned up empty (except from several scandal related posts and a virtual tour of a handshake event)

btw: this is the announcement of his blog on twitter
    https://twitter.com/tgsk1115/status/1014320791930880000

So yeah, it seems legit, and yeah, that news about the second daughter would be heartbreaking.

It looks like he was let go, as in an other tweet he stated he needs to look for a job in September and he even states the balance of his account ... it is all kinda depressing really :/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Very dedicated sleuthing, thanks for answering my question :)

I feel really bad for him after hearing all that. Togasaki was always kind of a 48G staple and to hear he's been having so many struggles behind the scenes is just awful. I honestly never thought we'd see him in this thread. I hope he can find employment elsewhere :cold:

13. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Ah, yes. Sorry about not informing the originating source. Took it from the Twitter post @dutchie linked here.

14. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

Agreed. I remember watching the documentaries and thinking to myself of how dedicated he seemed to the girls directly, basically treating them like daughters. It's sad to watch a fall like this, but then that's the power of drugs.

15. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    That's sad to hear about Togasaki. I think I'll watch his two best moments to remember him by: 2012 Tokyo Dome Shufflefest and KFC Staff Version.

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Was forgetting Mayuyu one of his best moments? I love watching the Tokyo Dome shuffle to see the tears, the fake surprise, the welcomes to new teams, and Paruru’s lack of any emotion, plus of course Mayuyu realizing she had been “dropped” from AKB48 and left without a team. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

The first ever kennin position announcement, the shuffles. the documentaries. Togasaki was really a staple in AKB's history.

Also when he cried at Hirajima Natsumi's last HS. </3

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Okita Ayaka of NMB48 Team BII (The Co-Captain) is the latest to announce graduation.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Four original NMB members left. I hope Renapyon gets senbatsu soon.