1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@ForrestFuller obviously I didn't mean the big names that bring in the ratings and interest of the general public.

Heck, I even understand Nakai in AKB since she's so popular (no kennin whatsoever there), but that's about it.

I'm not saying that Aerin should have been in senbatsu, but c'mon, we know AkiP churns out songs like a machine and yet those usually go for the same bunch.

I'm not interested in every single member (I always have to look up who Nakata Chisato is), but if they had "something" going on (new stages, a b-side here and there), I'm sure many of the young ones wouldn't be leaving at this rate.
    Management just isn't taking care of the girls.

As for D2, aren't they performing in the theatre anyway? Why not promote them already?
    Also, Nishiyama Rena is now 15 and she left a year ago, so it's not like young girls won't leave just because they're young.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    There is a gradient of levels of support, we're not talking about replacing the big names with theater girls in A-side 48G senbatsu. These girls don't even participate in any capacity in a single release other than handshakes and mini-lives that the big names are too busy to care about.

There's a lot of interesting girls and interactions between them, but they're pretty much hidden to casual fans who don't have the time nor interest to watch theater shows of recycled performances, hence people only knowing pushed ones or the ones popular by handshake-going wotas (which is biased towards the cute ones). If the original members were thrust into the current situation as new members, I doubt they'd do well either, they're not exactly idol-archetypes that wotas like.

And Aki-P still think they should be thankful they're in 48G at all and find their own ways to gain fans. I mean, with this mindset, why should I bother supporting the whole group if they don't bother to actually produce a decent idol group. It's great if your oshimen is super popular or pushed, it sucks otherwise. The fanbase is so individualistic and definitely toxic, and AKS had a large part of perpetuating this with votings, weakening of teams' importance, intra-group competitions and group-within-group selections, blatant favoritism, and weak group-based promotional events. They saw that origin stories work, so they just keep on making new groups to re-capture that and just banking on getting lucky on "aces" than spend the resources and effort to produce an inspiring idol group that all fans can support.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

AKB always had theater girls and senbatsu girls so it's not a new thing. But I guess there must be reason why we're having so many new gens graduating, it's 5 announcements already just in the past 2 months or so... (Moechan, Umetan, Naanya, Mikichan, and now Aeri). I think the issue is that they don't really have anything going on for them. I mean, they probably don't even feel part of a team, since we can't call the currents AKB teams as "teams", they all have too little members, and graduations keep coming so it's not getting better. and that's probably one of the reasons why they're not getting team songs too.

I actually agree that it would be better to go back to 3 teams. I know it would be weird to have team A, K, B and then team 8 without having team 4, LOL. But I also think they should turn team 8 into a "real" separate group and give them their own name (other than "team 8") and make AKB go back to just A, K, B. This would solve the issue of "not enough members in each team", and the teams would be able to perform at theater and actually "feel" like a team. and this could encourage the girls to stay too. and who knows, maybe they would get a new stage someday (we can dream XD) or at least, management would consider giving them new team songs in singles and albums.

I can understand why these new gens decide to graduate when you look at their situation, and I feel like we will get more announcements... and I thought that 2015 and 2016 had too many grads, it looks like 2017 won't be any different. :/

I don't think it has anything to do with sister groups though. and seeing how the sister groups are doing now... I can understand why it's necessary to use AKB's singles as "48G" singles, both for the sake of AKB and for the sake of sister groups members. Once Sasshi, Sayanee, Mayuyu and Yukirin graduate, this will only become worse for sister groups and AKB. Already now, if we remove sister groups members' HS from AKB, their sales would lose to Nogi and Keyaki. it would just humiliate them and bring bad publicity/image to the group (like it would confirm that they're "has-been"). at the same time, sister groups aren't doing very well, SKE is already struggling and I think the same will happen to NMB and HKT once Sayanee and Sasshi are out. it would be a waste to ignore the popular girls (or members with potential) from sister groups just because they're not in AKB. I truly think AKB now totally became 48G. The whole AKB-only thing won't happen, management tried it a little with some events (RH etc.) and I think they gave up on it... at least AKBINGO! seems to be AKB-only LOL. but yes, I doubt that AKB singles will ever become AKB-only. and I don't think sister groups are the reason why the AKB new gens are graduating. I think it's more of a teams issue... they need to fix all the teams, maybe go back to 3 teams, do a shuffle etc. and make them seem like real teams... and then give them team songs in singles. Then it might get better and maybe we would get less graduations if theater girls get to perform with their team (their "friends") and get new songs from time to time.

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And seperate themselves from sales too? Because if sister group members can't be on AKB singles then why should they have to be in AKB handshake events?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

As cruel as it may sound, management can do WHATEVER they want with the HS.
    They can put the whole 16th gen as the new senbatsu and the whole 48G would have to do the handshakes anyway. As cruel as it may sound, it's management's choice.

What I'm saying is, when it comes to the b-sides (that nobody but the hard fans care about), wouldn't it be nicw to give them to members who are literally waiting for their time?

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Touche haha

Still, the girls are leaving and I doubt they want that (less girls - less handshakes - less sales).

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Sure, of course. Look, I'm a big admirer of Umeta Ayano, I think she's awesome in a whole heap of ways but.....she just never got popular. I'd have liked to see her pushed more but management probably looked at their data and didn't give her a go, that's just the way it is sadly.

mmmm quite. It's well known how hungry the early gens of AKB were, really the first 5 gens came in when the group was still fairly small and all they had was ambition.

I'm just gonna throw this out there and I'm sure I'll catch a bunch of flak for it but so what.....in the last few years, aside from Naachan the young members of AKB don't seem to have the hunger of the sister group members, look at Nakai Rika, she's hungry, competitive and ambitious, Sakura, Haruppi, Mirurun, even Mio (and others) have that kind of hunger.

As for Yuihan, she's got her Ohta pro contract and seems to be coasting along. Even though the "Saint Takamina" narrative got a bit tiresome in latter years, at least when she was Soukantokou she seemed to have opinions, ones that she could articulate.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Not another D1... I wouldn't be surprised if Arai Yuki announced hers.

SKE 7th gens who are not Aiai/Rara/Kano/Yunana got it worse. And it will be even worse for the remaining 3 7th gens who are not promoted yet. Most of them just debuted on the 20th single and 2 of them have graduated now.

And a certain AKB theater girl still has more followers than the ace of a certain group.

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

D1 members have basically been completely fucked over, with maybe 1-2 exceptions. Its been 4 years and I can't remember seeing any of them in anything. Honestly take away Sayaya, Riripon, Sarina... maybe Moe? The rest are basically just sitting there waiting to graduate. I'm surprised more of them haven't graduated yet. D2 may be screwed just as much, except they're so young they still have some time.

But on the other hand, there is no way to fix this situation. In a group of 400 people total, only 40 or 50 will ever have any opportunities anyway.

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Hopefully it's not Sararan. She's getting momentum via Twitter right now.

11. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    By this, members like Aerin are being treated very poorly. She and the theater girls contribute to sales but are excluded from promotion. That's just how it is: rude and unfair. Aerin has said she wants to stay in the entertainment industry, so I think that demonstrates she is hungry for it if nothing else: she is not giving up, she's just realised that AKB will not support her in a million years, so she's off to find a better gig.

I also think we have to accept that currently, 48G are losing to 46G, with the obvious caveat that Nogi are still in their prime and they will have problems when all their front girls begin to leave just as AKB did. It's no good saying it would be shameful for AKB sales to dip below Nogi sales if we removed sister groups; we can already guess that this is true so it's already shameful in my eyes. If the model of "everybody support/be supported by the mothership" worked, then we would have Hirate Yurina centering Nogizaka46 by now and a bunch of Keyaki girls in Nogi senbatsu. But this format causes long term problems which we are now seeing in 48G. I really wish the sister groups had each stood on their own two feet from the start, but it's too late now. And now we're in a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    There's a common thread that girls are leaving because there's not enough opportunities.
    I don't doubt that this is true, but this doesn't address the fact that a lot of pushed members have announced or recently left the group.

As for the lack of hunger in younger AKB girls, I blame it on the dai-senpai.
    AKB girls have original and close members, members who have been an idol 10 years longer, that they have to show respect to, and assertiveness comes off as bratty.
    Obviously these are senpai for the sister groups as well but they're not as smotheringly present.
    SKE have it full on too thanks to Jurina (her "waiting for her era" doesn't help), and the younger gens in NMB are likely going to seem timid if Sayanee sticks around much longer.

13. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Tano is legit frustrated yet she's still not graduating. She doesn't even have an agency either.

14. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Talking about graduations. I've recently watched Team B concert in Tokushima 14-12-6 a couple of times. I started counting and found out that of 21 members participating 10 have graduated or have announced graduation. AKB48 is vanishing.

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They just got a new gen of 19 girls. :flower:

16. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Lovetan just announced her graduation. It's an Ori-B graduating. I wouldn't be surprised if Tanamin announces hers next.

I think Miichan and Annin might be next. And also Tanochan.

17. stv-wong

stv-wong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    ^Annin already said in her sentasai that she will stay for now (or until her next sentasai)

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Was expecting Tanamin's Janken Single to be her mini breakthrough...annnnnnnnd it turned out to be pretty troll indeed but it's her kind of style of a centre, so not too shabby lol. Wouldn't be surprised if she ended her career this year too.

19. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Yumechi just announced graduation. This just adds to the "graduating at final year of high school" members.

So far:
    • Hirata Rina (A12/A/Unranked/Unpushed)
    • Ueda Mirei (N3/BII/Unranked/Little Push)
    • Kinoshita Haruna (N1/BII/Unranked/Fail Push)
    • Matsuoka Chiho (N4/BII/Unranked/Little Push)
    • Aigasa Moe (A13/K/Non-participant/Fail Push)
    • Kurokawa Hazuki (N3/M/Unranked/Unpushed)
    • Umeta Ayano (A13/B/Non-participant/Unpushed)
    • Yabushita Shu (N3/N/39/Senbatsu Lock)
    • Wakatabe Haruka (H1/H/Unranked/Fail Push)
    • Noguchi Yume (S6/S/Unranked/Unpushed)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane