1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I have feeling Yukirin or Mayuyu will announce graduation in the near future. I hope it's only my feeling not become true.

3. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

If you're talking about Kobayashi Kano, she was fired for underage smoking and drinking.

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

No, I'm talking about the girl called Kawai Anna. I didn't know her, but the other day they announced that she is graduating, and she left the same day (basically she was kicked out?) and the reason was apparently photos (they were posted online) where she was posing with a boy. it was nothing shocking though.

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Well, Yukirin didn't apply for SSK, so I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know if they want to keep her a bit more because of NGT, but I get the feeling she's not being that proeminent there. Kitarie is their daisenpai.
    I don't know at all about Mayuyu. I don't follow her that much. Did she give any kind of hint? It would be a bit sad to see her getting 2nd or 3rd place on SSK and announcing graduation right after that...

6. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I hope Yukirin doesn't announce graduation. There isn't much for her to gain, I guess, but I still want to see her in the 48 group. Also, Tanamin just announced so I don't want to see the 3rd gen basically die out like the 2nd gen did. I at least want Mayuki to outlast Miichan, who I also love, but it would be weird for me if the 1st gen outlasted the 2nd and 3rd gen.

I don't think Mayu will announce because she's running for SSK and is gunning for first, I assume. I have a feeling that there will be more graduation from NMB though. I don't know why but I just have the feeling like some of them are ready to leave. Sad, because I want to see more of them rank and NMB is probably my favorite sister group.

7. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Sayanee has one foot out, imo. Management may be holding the other foot. I love her but I'd rather see her graduate at this point. But well... I don't follow NMB as a group. They'd probably wither without Sayanee. But I think this has already been debated several times.

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Before Mirurun takes over, management will forever grab onto Sayanee's other foot. Also, maybe it's just me but it seems like Akarin is slowly taking Fuuchan away as the Top3. Another potiental graduation?

9. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    As a fact, she didn't apply to SSK.

10. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I don't know about Fuuchan. I mean she used to be above Miru and was pushed since way back, and then Miru blossomed and shot up out of nowhere it seemed, and she isn't the priority anymore. I think we'll see if Akarin will replace Fuuchan after the election, and then once that happens, we'll see if Fuuko graduates or not.

11. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Shiroma Miru potentiality to be next nmb48 ace she have a good talent. For sayanee i think better if she focus in AKB48 and give a chance for young member in nmb48.

12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^Yeah because Sayanee should definitely hog AKB's positions to promote new gens for the sake of her group

13. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

WHAT?!

Seems like many of the graduations are due to girls being fired.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's an update of the list that I posted almost 2 months ago. Note: this is not a list of the current AKB members because I don't count 16th gen or kennins or transfer. it's just a list for all original AKB members by generations (except 16th gen). Of course I'm not counting members who announced graduation.

AKB48 Members:

1st gen: Minegishi Minami (1)
    2nd gen: /
    3rd gen: Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu (2)
    4th gen: Oya Shizuka (1)
    5th gen: Kitahara Rie [now NGT], Sashihara Rino [now HKT], Chikano Rina [now JKT], Miyazaki Miho (4)
    6th gen: /
    7th gen: Sato Sumire [now SKE] (1)
    8th gen: /
    9th gen: Oba Mina [now SKE], Takeuchi Miyu, Yamauchi Suzuran [now SKE], Yokoyama Yui (4)
    10th gen: Abe Maria, Iriyama Anna, Ichikawa Miori [now NMB], Izuta Rina [now BNK], Kato Rena, Fujita Nana (6)
    11th gen: Kojima Natsuki (1)
    12th gen: Omori Miyu, Sasaki Yukari, Takahashi Juri, Tano Yuka, Muto Tomu (5)
    13th gen: Iwatate Saho, Kitazawa Saki, Shinozaki Ayana, Murayama Yuiri, Mogi Shinobu (5)
    14th gen: Okada Nana, Kojima Mako (2)
    15th gen: Ichikawa Manami, Komiyama Haruka, Sato Kiara, Fukuoka Seina, Mukaichi Mion, Yumoto Ami, Okawa Rio, Tatsuya Makiho, Ino Miyabi, Taniguchi Megu (10)
    Draft 1st gen: Kawamoto Saya, Goto Moe, Shimoguchi Hinana, Takita Kayoko (4)
    Draft 2nd gen: Kubo Satone, Chiba Erii, Nishikawa Rei, Nomura Nao, Hiwatashi Yui, Yamabe Ayu (6)

Total: 52 members (44 in AKB, 8 transfer to sister groups)

My previous post: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...will-leave-akb-next.6878/page-24#post-1290794
    Differences: 4 more members announced graduation, one member got transferred to a sister group.
    There's also Yuria who announced graduation but since she's not originally AKB, she's not counted here.

If we don't count members who are in sister groups, there are only 7 girls in 1st-9th gen in AKB... O_O
    or if we consider that old gen / mid-gen is 1st-11th, there are just 12 girls. that's barely anything ;___;
    Besides I have a feeling more of the older gens will announce grad. Like Shiichan, Myao, Miyu... .___.

15. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Here is the list of, as @wlerin so aptly put it, neglected members. I originally posted this in the 48th single thread, but it fits here too. These are the girls who have not appeared in any single since the last team songs in TwI and are not in the 48th single either.

Team A:
    Takita Kayoko
    Nakanishi Chiyori

Team K:
    Shimoguchi Hinana
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Abe Maria
    Fujita Nana
    Yumoto Ami
    Nomura Nao (kks)
    (Shimada Haruka) (in Paru's grad song, announced grad)
    Nakata Chisato (announced grad)
    Suzuki Mariya (announced grad)

Team B:
    Tatsuya Makiho
    Nishikawa Rei (kks)
    Yamabe Ayu (kks)
    (Takeuchi Miyu) (in Paru's grad song)
    Tanabe Miku (announced grad)
    Yokoshima Aeri (announced grad)

Team 4:
    Ino Miyabi
    Kitazawa Saki
    Izuta Rina
    Sato Kiara
    Okawa Rio
    Nozawa Rena

I included Haruu and Miyu because although they were in Paru's grad song, that's only because they're 9th gens, so I think they still count as neglected. There's also the other girls like Aigasa Moe, Umeta Ayano, Nakamura Mariko etc who would be in this list but they have already left.

16. Miss Kojima NyanNyan

Miss Kojima NyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    This is a hella long post so...
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of sad that Sayanee didn't enter this year's SSK. I wouldn't be surprised if Sayanee took that #1 spot one day over Jurina or Sakura. I feel like she definitely has the potential and part of me wants to see it realized, but at the same time she's such a wall in NMB that I've grown tired of seeing her center just about everything with that group. Lately it really feels like I'm watching Yamamoto Sayaka with NMB backdancers and I never got that feeling with any of the other aces like Aachan or Jurina and their respective groups. If she announced her graduation now that she won't be participating in the 2017 SSK and has had a successful solo debut I wouldn't be surprised and I'd probably even welcome it. NMB is my favorite sister group and I've felt for a while now that the group has been in some kind of long transition period what with the sheer turnover in members we've seen these past few years. I'm ready for a new era with some fresh centers and an NMB where each individual senbatsu member has the chance to shine instead of being relegated to the background behind Sayanee's unbeatable aura.

That being said, I agree that Sayanee has one foot in the door. I wouldn't be surprised if Yukirin announced her graduation either. I think I remember reading somewhere that Yukirin said something like "I will consider graduation after Kojima Haruna." This was back in 2014. Now it's 3 years later, Yukirin has had a successful solo debut, Haruna has graduated, Yukirin will be turning 26 this year, and she won't be participating in this year's SSK for the first time in her career with the group. All the signs are there. Mayu I expect to stick around a bit longer for no other reason than it appears to me she is thirsty as hell for that SSK crown and won't graduate until she's worn it at least twice.

I'd also expect Miichan to make her exodus pretty soon too. She's of an age (turning 25 this year... can you believe it?) and isolated as the only remaining 1st generation member. All the members she was closest with have left and I'm sure she feels odd for still sticking around. Even though Sasshi is the same age as Miichan I don't expect her to graduate for another few years. Sasshi has achieved a ton in the 48 group. She's had a career with AKB and HKT that she can really be proud of so it wouldn't be strange if she graduated now having done what she's done within the group. But I don't expect her to because she's tied to the group with more responsibility than other members, especially now that she's STU's manager. If she did graduate I'd expect her to simply move into a staff position and work behind the scenes with the 48 group while maintaining her variety career.

Kitarie has been seeing a rivival in her popularity these past couple years so I don't expect her to leave anytime soon. She's one of the oldest members for sure, but I'm really interested to see how she ranks this year.

I think Iriyama Anna will announce her graduation this year. She's turning 22 in December which is an age at which a lot of female idols graduate for some reason. My guess is because they think it marks the unspoken expiration date of a female idol's shelf life. Sasshi said something once about 22 being elderly for an idol (OTL what does that make my queen Kojiharu who graduated at 29 then lol) 22 is the age where "normal" girls are completing their degrees and entering the workforce so I guess idols who don't see themselves having a career in entertainment after their idol career feel pressured to get serious about the future.

Fingers crossed Fuuko doesn't announce her graduation. She's been one of NMB's brightest stars. Her SSK rank has increased steadily every year that she's participated. She hasn't broken past Next Girls yet, but if she was going to do it this year would be it. After all, she was the Next Girls center last year. With Shuu-chan gone (don't even get me started on that tragedy of a career cut short... omfg T^T) and Sayanee on her way out most likely, Fuuko is poised to be one of NMB's front runners along with Miru, Okita Ayaka, Ririka, Ota Yuuri, Nagisa, and Akari. I really feel like her time is coming so I hope she doesn't cut her potential short like so many before her (see Jonishi Kei *sobs ugly tears*).

That's pretty much it for my predictions, but if this past year has taught me anything it's to expect the unexpected. I was so disappointed by Keiichi's graduation (I wanted so much more for her honestly). Kojiharu's, while not unexpected, really felt like the end of an era. Reinyan's had a twinge of bitterness to it. The 4th generation is all but gone. She was such a familiar face. NMB was such a good fit for her. She shined brighter with them more than she ever did in AKB imo, but just as she was starting to really make a name for herself as captain of Team M she gets transferred to BII and subsequently announces her graduation by the end of that very same month. Shuu-chan's graduation knocked me on my ass. She was poised for world domination. Talk about wasted potential. Mikichan KO'd me. Totally blindsided. I expected the Three Musketeers to last so much longer than this. It literally hasn't even been 4 whole years since she was promoted from KKS. And last, but not least, Nakamura Mariko's graduation was bittersweet. If you saw that documentary about unranked members with her and Shimada Haruka then you'll probably know what I mean. She's an example of an unsuccessful idol career (this is just my own opinion... please don't come at me with a pitchfork if she was your oshi). She never ranked in any SSK. The only A side she participated in was Eien Pressure after earning her spot through janken. Her biggest accomplishments were probably her MC gigs, being a cast member of Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou, and being co-captain of Team A. After watching that documentary I wanted her and Shimada to rank at least once in their 48 group careers, but it looks like that's not going to happen for either of them now that Shimada is also graduating. I have no doubt that Mariko will be very successful outside the idol world though. She's had a very successful academic career.

And this is kind of unrelated, but my H!P faves, ℃-ute, are also disbanding NEXT MONTH... *whimpers* 2017 will not stop coming for my faves until I'm an emotionally crippled mess laying on the floor in a puddle of my own bloody tears istg

17. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I never watched the documentary about haru and mariko before , but after watching it srsly i really want her to at least rank once this year even it sounds really hard or a little bit hypocrite ,

But the part about how she's talking about her empty lane next to mayuyu's , how she got a bad experience in school before joining the group , and afterall she's a very nice girl on handshake event base on my experience . I really hope she can rank once for last before retiring from showbiz world this year .

18. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    @Miss Kojima NyanNyan I agree with almost all of your points, minus Mayu staying longer. I mean, there's a huge difference between 2014 and the latter years: Kokoro no Placard was supposed to be her grand victory, but the song/concept/everything bombed. Even Mayu herself admitted it many times, and while she has love for the song, she is aware of its lack of impact. And let's not start that after then, she hasn't centered anything of her own and has been more invested in her solo career. Even her enthusiasm in lives and MV, singing the same old songs in lives and her position in the lineup is not helping her to 'keep fresh' - she is more than ready to leave as soon as possible (and I hope she does, for her own happiness).

So yes, Mayu is still one of my strongest candidates to leave this year. I still feel idol vibes from Yukirin, so she may stick a bit longer (but wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't, and not because she declined to join SSK, but because she also needs to find a place for herself in this competitive industry).

19. Miss Kojima NyanNyan

Miss Kojima NyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I know, right? I never should've watched that documentary...

You make some really good points about Mayu. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. And as for Yukirin I still get idol vibes from her too and I totally agree that she needs to find a place for herself in the industry before she leaves. As a matter of fact, I'm worried about her because she doesn't seem to have a niche besides being an idol. I feel like she'll probably want to continue as a singer since she seems more serious about the singing aspect of idol life than others are. I really don't want to see her graduate and then fade out because she is one of my faves...

Mod edit: Please do not double-post

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    For those who use this thread to watch grads,
    Tani Yuuri from team 8 announced.