1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Who is the most beautiful member you've ever seen ?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Bekti, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Yes, there's a trend in Japan to make ugly girls grace the cover of every single of their fashion magazines. I've also heard that 300k people made her photobook the best selling photobook in 108 years because people are really into average girls. Also, she gets modelling contracts right and left because average girls are really the trend in Japan right now.
    But I also like that second idea of a huge futuristic indoctrinating machine that has made all those people see Shiraishi as someone beautiful instead of the ugly troll she really is. That must be the reason.

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm sorry and all, but Maiyan is a Goddess. Not my Goddess, but she is really beautiful. She has the thing called 'toumeikan', which the Japanese dictionary translates as: 'feeling of transparency; sense of translucence', which all girls want to have.
    She's really pretty.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I think a lot of folks are over-thinking the question. They are getting the feelings they have for their oshis mixed in unnecessarily. It really is a very straight-forward question, ''Who is the most beautiful girl in AKB?'' Contrasting ''cute'' and ''pretty'' and ''beautiful'' also seems a little silly to me. We all know what are our personal concept of beauty is. None of us would have any difficulty walking into a room full of women and determining who we believe is the most beautiful female in the room. We are being asked the same thing here. What makes it so difficult is how many dozens and dozens and dozens of beautiful young women we have seen over the last 11 or 12 years and how much we know (or think we know) about their respective personalities.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

this thread is a mess, so just pour in your beautiful mess

I think Mayu is the most bootiful girl

Unjo Hirona is pretty, i wouldn't mind playing janken with her

Hiwatan is probably the most beautiful living robot doll, I heard she's 40 years old.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ET920

ET920 Member

That Chinese SNH/SHN48 member, the Mayuyu clone. She's by far the prettiest member who ever joined 48G (yeah, back then they belonged to the franchise), even prettier than young Mayuyu (you know, when she was called CG). Far, far away would have been Reinyan personally.

Screenshot from 160124 GuoMinMeiShaoNv EP03.mp4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Akkun

Akkun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    When it comes to being beautiful as sweet and cute I would say Paruru and Mayuyu. But in terms of sexy then it's definitely Kojiharu and Mirurun.

• Like Like x 2
  7. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    nothing worse than these "never ever smiling and if they do only fake smiling" boring beauties. Not naming anyone.:shifty:

Anyway, to offer some variety: many girls are looking really neat one day and not so great the next day, but these Eito never ever fail me.
    1. Sugawara Maya
    2. Yamamoto Sayaka
    3. Shiroma Miru
    4. Yabuki Nako
    5. Nara Miharu
    6. Oguma Tsugumi
    7. Gyoten Yurina
    8. Matsumoto Chikako
    Hongo Yuzuha and Imaizumi Yui fell out of this formerly top 10 after committing to their hair the most offensive things I've ever seen (especially the latter). Still haven't come up with a fully satisfactory replacement.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    The TPE48 twins followed by Jonishi Kei, Oguma Tsugumi, Komiyama Haruka, Cindy Yuvia, Takahashi Juri, Shiroma Miru, Yamamoto Sayaka, Sasaki Mirei, Tani Marika, Ikoma Rina, Inoue Sayuri, Takayanagi Akane, Jo Eriko (in no particular order)
    That's Fei QinYuan!

I think China48 members are the prettiest. Like Xu JiaQi, Xie LeiLei, Li YuQi, Mo Han, Wang ShiMeng, Su ShanShan and the Komiharu look-alike Zhang Xin.

• Like Like x 2
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's not. Cute and beautiful are very different things.

If someone is super cute you want to hug them, pat their head, protect them from the world. You can barely suppress a giggle every time you see them.
    If someone is super beautiful you want to worship them, serve them, just stand in wordless awe of their beauty. It evokes wonderment, and in extreme cases maybe even a little fear.
    It's the difference between a cute puppy and a beautiful mountain vista.

Pretty is a slightly lesser form of beautiful, or maybe a mix of beautiful and cute.
    I don't think I need to describe the feelings sexy arouses.

@Zerase
    It's a trend everywhere to put slightly above average women in heavy makeup on the cover of women's magazines so the intended audience don't feel intimidated, yes. Maiyan is the perfect fit for that role, because she really is completely, unremarkably, slightly above average, without a single notable feature aside from her slightly bug eyes.

Japan's fashion industry also has an obsession with Western looks, and as I said Maiyan just looks like a white girl, and not a very pretty one.

You literally named the very real "huge futurisitc indoctrinating machine" in your first sentence. Do you not realise what fashion magazines are?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

There are a lot of stunning girls across all groups.
    But if I were to make a list of God-Tier beauty...

It's too subjective :fear: Even over the course of a year the list can change!
    Yamamoto Sayaka and Okada Nana immediately come to mind as members I personally find attractive without taking personality into account (I guess I like the angular look?) But there have been members through the years, even KKS, whose looks have made me notice them. "Nice to look at" is absolutely a valid criterion for an idol...it's too bad there are so many of them I can't remember them all :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    For me, Jurina. I don't think she is the cutest, has the nicest body, etc. in the group but she has a classical kind of beauty that I like. Her appearance was what made me interested in her at first, but then of course I got to like other things about her as well.

126671988.jpg

Then, there are some members I find really beautiful but I just never got into them as a whole. For example, Kato Rena, Okita Ayaka, Kojina Yui, Yamaguchi Maho, Sato Anju, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Seinacchi

Seinacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukuokaseina
    Oku Manami
    Watanabe Mayu
    Kato Rena
    Shimazaki Haruka

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    To me styling is much more important than what you actually look when it comes to people working in the entertainment industry. Most if not all girls can go from 'wow goddess' to 'wtf' or vice versa just with different styling. One example I can think of is Yagura Fuuko (NMB48, graduated). I thought she looked so so so beautiful with long hair, but one day she cut her hair short and became just average looking to me... even though I admit her face looked exactly the same. lol I'm glad she graduated with long hair so my impression of her can stay great. :p

For consistently pulling off great style, I'd say Kojiharu.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Obviously Komiharu, but objectively speaking I'd have to choose Iriyama Anna. Her aura to me is just amazing, a true beauty

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    That's difficult :^^;: So many girls to choose , but some of my favorites are:
    Shiorin,Yamamoto Sayaka,Iriyama Anna,Juri,Kato Rena,Kojiharu,Mayu,Yui

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Sire...you have a classy taste *lifting a glass*

No one mentioned the other Matsui, HKT Natsumi, the rice beauty Mahohon, or other Namba goddesses? :rolleyes: oh well, someone mentioned Kei up there :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I did :p

18. trxsh

trxsh Member

I didn't see Akimoto Sayaka and Shinoda Mariko mentioned but I rate them top beauties as well.

Annin is mentioned a lot but she's not overrated at all, she's not that... glamorous looking (?) as many other pretty members but she has this regal, natural and delicate look that I adore.

Mayu from 2014 on- she showed a more relaxed, mature and lovely side in this era which appealed to me more than the CG/cyborg shtick.

Also Tanikawa Hijiri, Komiyama Haruka, Kitagawa Ryoha, Kojina Yui, Sato Anju, and BNK's Music.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Maiyan for me. Also highly rate Jonishi Kei and Nagao Mariya in looks

• Like Like x 1
  20. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

One of the posters mentioned how the simple act of a haircut (or a different hairstyle) can dramatically affect how we view any of the members and I couldn't agree more. Acchan once shortened her hair (I believe for a movie role) and it freaked me out for weeks. Kashiwagi Yuki cut her hair (for a French perfume ad?) and I could barely look at her for months. Ditto when Mayuyu ditched the twin tails years ago. Hair means soooooo much to these girls and their beauty and their aura and they know it. You always see them touching their hair and adjusting their bangs in any and all situations. On the surface it seems so shallow for us to alter our feelings about something as innocuous as a haircut, but I think it's absolutely understandable. A different hairstyle can completely change a woman's appearance. My two cents.

• Agree Agree x 2