1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

2. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Made perfect sense to me, no worries! ;) If you make good points, I will acknowledge them, you can count on that.

The last part of your reply is *exactly* why I find Marika's development as an idol so frustrating (which to be fair is just as much her mgmt's fault) -- I see she could not only build on moving on from her guigui-centric chara, into one that incorporates ability and seriousness -- there were a couple of TV appearances where she showed a surprisingly serious side to her. As she gets older and more adult, she can begin to bring on the swan that's inside a duckling that seems to be stuck in repeating the same old schtick*. She could be sooo much cooler, if she just convinces her mgmt she's ready to brave the deep end...

Right now the only big outlet I've seen for her to showcase her talents, is MG4 currently... and she's then stuck in continuity for a very one-dimensional character there (MG4's characters being caricatures, and all). Management would work most closely with her besides the members... so the fact that they haven't cast her in anything more challenging is telling of perhaps 2 scenarios: a) she doesn't have the talent/potential to push aside the more talented members for acting opportunities, or b) she's uneasy about dipping a toe into those waters and losing the base she already has, so is procrastinating. I hope it's the latter. ;)

I see Miorin in the same boat, and I know she has that bookish, diligent side of her that could win so many more votes... but for whatever reason, she can't show it. :(

Oh -- for anyone following to this point: I *never* criticize the idols themselves, ONLY their charas (public personas). They're human beings thrown into extraordinary circumstances, and it'd be stupid to dislike them personally when I don't know all the details. I know about Marika's hard work behind scenes and many even outside SKE have mentioned it on TV... not disliking that at all, but the direction her chara is taking (or not taking). ;) Charas always incorporate an aspect of the real idol, and turn it up for entertainment's sake, so they aren't totally unrelated... but a chara is NOT the idol, just to be clear. ;)

--

* even Kaotan lost a bunch of weight and began to build on that experience, evolving away a bit from her pocchari, ougui chara to one more experienced, more battle-tested -- and the really neat thing is, when you feel genuinely better about yourself, you become more beautiful... and while many will strongly disagree, from the time she stepped on that scale through now, it's harder to focus on her faults -- respect does that. If Kaotan can do it, so can Marika... and I do hope to see her finally break away.

EDIT: thank you fatrain -- I will watch them...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Probably gonna get headbutted for this but Yuria seems like the rudest person ever. Her attitude just seems very "ugh".

4. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    ^:fp: Yuria is one of the nicest and kindness person in the whole 48 groups...someone that is very respectful to her senpais and beloved by her kouhais while she get along really well with everyone. She was known as THE good girl in SKE for a reason.
    http://mahoushoujoari.tumblr.com/tagged/YuriaTranslations/page/3
    Mahoushoujoari have translated a ton of Yuria stuff over the year. I suggest you read a few of the stuff to get a feel for what kind of girl Yuria is.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  5. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Nah, that was my impression of The Genius when I first saw her -- she has a quite self-assured sense of who she is and what she stands for that, until you see the big picture, feels very arrogant... :^^;:

She's not, in reality though... and we've been able to watch her polish her rough edges off (esp after moving to AKB) on social media. Yuria is thoughtful, kind, and disciplined with her teammates and staff. Her 'baka' chara from early on is still around but it's in a historical light now rather than her focus -- you don't see high-profile leadership positions given to members who aren't respected. Also, think about it -- when your chara is 'baka', wouldn't you be defensive too? ;)

IMO I think her only existing flaws today are a slight but still-there tendency to anger quickly (though much, much better these days), and a tendency to speak without enough knowledge/exp about a topic (much rarer)... but usually it's when she's asking for clarification on it anyway, so *wants* to know the real deal (or the perspective to look at something from -- her actual knowledge base is impressive). Her moral standards are quite high for someone in a decidedly greasy industry... a breath of fresh air (hope it lasts into adulthood)...

Watch some stages and TV programs, like the recent and awesome Bokura Ga Kangaeru Yoru (Reflection Night) series, where AKB members speak frankly about some heavy topics (no published sub that I'm aware of though, may need a softsub)... she's her usual Yuria-brilliant there. Just need to give her a chance; she changed my mind once I saw the bigger picture. :)

A mentor that I respect told me once 'criticism is more indicative of the critic than the critiqued', meaning that if you're bothered by something, seeking the answer inside is as useful as outside. I've been schooled by THAT quote countless times... because it's true. :^^;:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  6. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    just think of her as a yankee version of Paruru [hehe] I don't know how can say Yuria is rude actually? besides she wouldn't be Team B's new leader if management knows she has social skills problem.