1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
    Re: [DISCUSSION] why wont you like my oshi!? EXPLAIN IT TO M

I started to like Tomochin more after watching the 2010 election results. She seemed really sincere and I appreciated that.
    The only thing I don't like about Mariko is that she just looks so awkward in performances. I do like her but she just doesn't seem to fit in xD

I also don't really hate any of the girls. Whenever I think "Oh this girl annoys me" they do something to change my opinion!! :^^;:
    Like Mayuyu singing Chocolate Disco made me like her more xD

The reason why my oshi is Mayuchi is because I really took to her 'success' story of being an 'underdog' and winning janken senbatsu. Not really any reason other than I think she's cute and is a good performer. I really like trying to search for her during performances!!
    Sae is my co-oshi because she's like my ideal type and she's so cute and energetic!!
    The reason I put Mayuchi on top is because I figure she needs more fans than Sae :blush:

Oh I have to ask this because I've been so curious for a while now! Why do so many people seem to dislike Kikuchi Ayaka. I've never been given a reason to dislike her though she's not a favourite member of mine. Please someone explain to me why? Is it because of her ~scandal~?

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

First off, there is a big difference between disliking an idol and not being a fan. Obviously we all like certain members more than others, but even looking at my ranking, I really like the members that rank in the 40s. Anyway...

Why I'm not a fan of OKU MANAMI: I have never understood why she is an idol. She doesn't look like an idol to me. She doesn't act like an idol to me. To me she looks like a lost tourist standing among a bunch of idols. Plus she is really young. My personal preference, the idol usually needs to have some sort of "womanly" quality.

Why I'm not a fan of AKIMOTO SAYAKA: Uh oh, this is where I might get into trouble. And actually, that is the real issue. I actually AM a fan of Sayaka. Hell, I have met her four times, even if she has never acted like she remembers me from previous meetings. But that doesn't bother me. It is the fans on this forum that sometimes drive me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike you guys, but sometimes you collectively act like a rabid gang. For a long time every release thread instantly became a discussion of what Sayaka deserves, and how it isn't fair when she doesn't get a prominent position. And TBH I got sick of hearing it. I know I am not alone in that sentiment either. There are 48+ girls in the group, it isn't all about Sayaka. So when I voted -5 for her in our poll, that wasn't really about Sayaka herself. It was my little way of getting even :p

Those are the only two I have any energy about. I hope I didn't bother anyone too much.

As far as my faves, I get why some people don't like Komori, even if I disagree. I get why some people don't like Meetan, although most of her haters disappeared after she started acting more adult-like. I don't see very many Wasamin haters, but I would imagine that most that dislike her probably do because she doesn't do anything to stand out.

3. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

* I don't like *
    [​IMG]

* I dislike *
    [​IMG]

* I hate *

(I hope the images works because it won't be understood any other way... lol)

If the above is right:

* Reasons why I don't like *
    [​IMG]

* Reasons why I dislike *
    [​IMG]

* Reasons why I hate *

============

Am I wrong?

4. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

^
    Gobo, your images don't work for me.....

Anyways.

I may not be the best person to tell you this, simply because I don't hate Ayarin at all (she's one of my top favorites and I love her alot).

However as I have asked that question of some of our users here, I'll tell you the general response.

Yeah, it's because of her "scandal".

One of AKB48's selling points is that they are "pure", and some wotas are appreciative of that fact. Ayarin's "scandal" has led some to believe her to be "impure" and others to view this "scandal" as a "betrayal".

And so, regrettably, there are some who simply won't ever let the "scandal" go.

5. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

@Gobo You're completely right, but this is the place to explain why you don't understand an oshi, so there's no need to clarify the difference between hate, dislike and not liking someone.

6. allisonmarie23

allisonmarie23 Kenkyuusei

This made me remember the Member of the Year thread, and how TakaMina had a few negative votes. Just curious as to if anyone doesn't like her, what are the reasons behind it. She seems like the member everyone likes (or at least doesn't dislike), so I was surprised.

7. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

No?, I think it's the right place, as we were starting to talk about reasons then I expect reasons according to the grade of the words used.

>^.^<

PS: Image was a simple but bigger.

8. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

For me I can see that tomochin is actually a sweet girl, she just has a rich girl betterthanyou image. But to me it's all just an image. She seems to love being in akb :)
    I also don't see what to dislike about mariko but she is kinda...the anti-idol. She's not like other idols really.

I sometimes don't like haruna kojima because of how she acts towards some members, like miichan in particular. Sometimes their friendship seems like quite an abusive one v.v I know it's hard to tell as a fan who doesn't see the whole story but it bugs me at times.
    nyeh I had a similar one myself many years ago

I used to dislike kana, especially after hearing my friends telling me how she acted towards them but now I find all the stuff I disliked about her just entertaining. Like the Australia nemousu sp, that was hilarious. Her solo shot of teamb oshi was awful, she has her off face on so much of the time and her body had no energy. But then I remember her amusing xenophobia and such and I just giggle and move on.

What really bugs me though, is when people hate on someone because they get a push from the management. I mean, surely it's better than them just sticking with the same formula over and over again? Sasshi is my #2 and I find it so odd that hate suddenly sprung up as soon as she got a show...Reina and Chikariina now have a show of their own, I see no hate there?
    It's stuff like this why I'm sure shiichan will get some negative votes in the next election, because she got some shukan episodes on her.(not saying there couldn't be other reasons or anything like that)

I'm MD with an oshi so I don't have any members I hate. People sometimes think I hate frontgirls but this really isn't true o.o acchan is in my top5 for example.

9. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I wonder when Kana started her xenophobia thing....

somehow I don't think it is "free".

(unrelated)
    besides, someone is in trouble or having an issue, and who appears from nowhere?: Kana.

10. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

Mariko-sama's singing voice is actually nice change imo, bc there are girls out there that...fake their voice to be cute... [sealed]

11. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

What xenophobic thing did Kana do?

And what happened here? I saw this in Oku's grad thread earlier.

12. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I "searched" in the list we (S48 wiki) has and there are just 2 ANN with Kana there...
    The "Sayaka resigning from captain", where Kana arrived with some members to support her... (yeah, Kana is so terrible.... ) and the 2010.09.03 show where she was chosen for the blog thing...

If something happened, I guess it's the second one...

other than that, no idea.

13. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

^
    ^She was awkward and rude towards foreign fans that got autographs(I'll have to dig up the old thread to get exact the info as my memory isn't that good) but like when she was in that foreign kids school she was obviously extremely uncomfortable.
    It seems to be a consistent report that I get back from people that meet her.
    Though she really enjoyed the singapore concert so maybe she's changing her tune more these days.

edit: she looked really bored the entire time and seemed like she just wanted to escape xD

14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

It was at Paris Japan Expo, a lot of the fans said she wasn't nice...

You might also remember my report in the experience thread from the 2-shot event last year. In many of the hs/2-shot events you have to pass through a common area with the girls to get back out, and sometimes you will run into the members. At the 2-shot event twice I ran into Kana and Natsumin, and both times Natsumi smiled but Kana acted like I was in the way. Not that I dislike her, I just found her reaction interesting. I have run into many girls that way...Mayu, Maa, Miichan, Wasamin, Shiichan and usually they are very congenial while their bodyguard pushes you out of the way :p But for some reason Kana wasn't.

15. GenkiKoala

GenkiKoala Kenkyuusei

I don't think the goal is to change opinions, it's just to get things off our chest which makes it fun without our pride being on the line. For example this barrage of words.

Oku: She had the opportunity to be great, even had the trust of Aki-P of being an ace who also believed that her weight was just a phase. With such support from Aki-P who has only talked about Takamina as highly, Maachan could have done more. Whether you agree or not that she tried her best it can't be argued that she could have done more.

Kasai: She seemed out of place in ori K, but i thought it was good for her to balance cool with cute. Problem is whenever the camera zooms in she looks like she is trying to seduce you into marrying her. It's a little too sexy, plus how she really likes older guys creeps me out (man killer personality, first love was her friend's dad, said she hopes to marry somebody rich so that she won't have to work as a staff member).

Sayaka: I think Sayaka would be the best girl to marry if you are a foreigner, but i agree that her "everything is serious business" attitude grates on my nerves like when she was trying to destroy the kids in basketball and diving everywhere. Whenever i see those type of people i think they need to relax, however i probably don't take things as seriously as i should (my pace ftw).

Sae: I also agree that her outbursts are sometimes annoying. Sometimes she's funny, sometimes she's trying too hard. Which brings me to another point that she seems to be the type of person that tries to get everybody's approval, maybe it had to do with her past.

Acchan: I got over her robot personality (tired+my pace=zombie) which probably hurts AKB because they could probably go farther if the center was more genki and could capture the audience with energy. She seems to be like a sheep. She has a zillion ipod products, buys lots of songs and movies, hosted a Halloween party. It's like whatever is popular (or American) she will like it.

Kana: Only member i hate. She reminds me of my mom which is a very bad thing. I think it was when i saw the Australian special where she was really ignorant and immature with the australians like repeating things and not caring about annoying them. I also can't get the image out of my head of what Yuko said on akbingo about Kana not closing the door when she uses the bathroom. It's funny but at the same time you have to question what kind of person does that. I haven't read the fan reports on her yet, but I am sure i would hate her even more.
    A lot of them are from Team K [sweat] . As for why people might dislike members like Sayaka and Yuko, might be because they are uncomfortable that they are very strong, independent type of girls that seem like they can survive without support unlike the traditional idol image.

16. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Hmmm...I suppose so.

Sorry for opening up my mouth then.

*bows deeply*

17. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

Mariko's at the bottom of my ranking (#47) so I'll respond to all the requests regarding Mariko hate.

I just... don't. <_< I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate her, she's just not somebody I enjoy personally? I don't like her face, first of all. I get that she's a ~beauty~ and all that, but I REALLY DON'T SEE IT. Her hair is terrible, too. I don't like her voice at all (not to sound dramatic but she kind of ruins Keibetsu for me) and I don't really like seeing her perform in general. I don't think she's a bitch, I just can't get into her. There you go. But like I said, I don't hate her or anything. I'm just kind of like "Oh, Mariko. I'll pass."

On the other hand, I actually DON'T LIKE Tomochin. For all the reasons previously stated. I don't like bitch characters.

Also why I don't like Kana.

I don't like Sae because her personality is too much for me, and I'm really really not into boyish idols. But yeah I mean I understand why people like her, and can stand to look at her and stuff. She's just not one of the girls that I actually enjoy.

Basically, there's girls I love, girls I like, girls I'm neutral about, girls I don't care for, and one girl I dislike. I feel kind of bad for Tomochin fans when I say that, but I think I gave a pretty good reason. (I don't like bitch characters)

Also also, I hope I'm not one of the fans webuiltthiscity was referring to? I try to avoid saying negative things about girls publicly, so if that was me, I'M REALLY SORRY. D:

Speaking of Mayu, I know why people don't like her so I'm not really dying to read more explanations, but I guess I'd like to see mature reasons for it? It's stupid to try to defend her in here but if you read her blog translations, maybe you'll like her more. She's a complete dork. Like this. idk, I think it's great, is all. <3

18. Secret Code

Secret Code Kenkyuusei

I never understand why people asking that. Maybe just because I don't care, if someone don't like my oshi.
    But wouldn't it be boring, if everyone like the same persons? ^^

For example, I don't like Yukirin that much, but I don't have a reason for that. Its the same, when you meet a person for the first time, but even without talking to that person, you have the feeling "I don't like him/her".
    I always thought the most think like that, so I never asked someone "why don't you like xxxx?"
    Well, maybe I'm just weird. ^^ XD

19. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ When AKB was all new to me, Mayu's face was one of those I recognized first and I hated her to death as she seemed rather arrogant in my eyes. But it didn't take too long for me to let her be in my top 3 oshis! As you said, she is such a dork xD

The person that I just can't stand in AKB is in my signature's banner. I didn't find any good way to edit her off from it. As much as I love her funny fang I just can't stand Itano Tomomi. I'm sick of her "Fashion Leader ~ A Model ~ The Diva" thing around her.
    Just recently I finished watching all the 2008 and 2009 episodes of AKBingo and I found myself thinking "If I had been an AKB fan already during the early days, Tomochin would totally been my oshi!" Her babyface was cute, she was shy and adorable. However, she ended up adapting this Amuro Namie haircut and somehow all the innocence and sweetness was taken over this new bitchy image. Also something terrible happened to her speaking voice. It's just terrible.

In the end, I liked of Dear J as a song a lot and I'm not totally hating Tomomi. I understand there is a reason why she is in AKB and when having such a big group of girls it's only good to have variable images and personalities among the girls. Dear J got more people interested in AKB, too.
    Even though I still personally can't stand Tomomi, I want to believe she is not that horrible as I see her. Oshima Mai once described her with words like "Even if she seems very selfish, from inside she is really caring towards others". So as someone already mentioned, it's probably only her image that she has.

But i hate it :fp:

20. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

^ I'M GLAD 8D

Actually, I have a better question. It's kind of different but
    for people who haven't given kenkyuusei a chance yet, is there a reason? Are they just not worth your time or something?