Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

Re: [DISCUSSION] why wont you like my oshi!? EXPLAIN IT TO M

I'm so sorry coz my first post is in this thread :p

just want to say that Kasai annoys me out of the hell. Esp. in performances, she seems so lazy to open her mouth and just want to play the pretty-girl role. It makes the whole performance so off to me when it's her screentime.

Recently I don't have good feelings for Tomochin and Yui Yokoyama too but it's because of the companies' pushing decisions more than the girls themselves.

2. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I think the "problem" with Kana, isn't that she is xenophobic or something like that unless she declared that sometime...

I think the problem in her (?) it's that she feels terrible when she feels being misplaced in somewhere.

it's more easy to think than to explain, lol... what I mean is that Kana feels and makes people feels great mostly backstage (Just an idea, of course) or her house or someplace she considers being "Home".
    You take her away from that place and she just feels totally in a different world, and if that's the case, then I agree she could be misinterpreted as xenophobic, but it's not (I still: think) the case.

Example?

Mariya (who else?) managed (IMHO) to get Kana in Aigaku.

- First thing Kana did was mistake the hour in her clock.
    - Second thing she did was managed to pass the gate at the station where she didn't supposed to.
    (Mariya told the guard: Yes, we know that if we cross the gate we can't come back, but this child is an IDIOT so she went through anyway" or something like that).
    - Third thing she did was feeling (or appearing) totally uncomfortable during the radio show.

And as far as I know, Mariya is japanese, Tomonori is japanese and Mizukami Momoka that was the other guest at the show, is japanese also...
    That's just why I don't think it is related with xenophobic, it's just that she SHOWS when she she feels misplaced in a site.

And of course if you place THE girl that (I think) said: " I just want to finish and graduate school because I don't want to study any single day more in my life! ", IN A foreign SCHOOL... I don't think the "Foreign" part was the issue there....

PS: I also remember that someone in yahoo answers said: According to the (common) japanese people, there are TWO countries in the world: JAPAN... and the rest. So, I guess it's not that unnatural some of that kind of xenophobia (that, if you agree with me, it's not "xenophobia-hating-as-nazi style at all, it's just.... sorry for the word... xenophobia-totally-ignorant style") could be present... but I consider that type just "funny".

3. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15

So the general consensus is that you all don't like Tomochin is because of her bitchy character and Chiyuu because of her voice (maybe) and overly cute image stuff. That and she said some stuff which made her sound like a gold digger lolol

Whatever, I can live with that :music:

As for me, I kinda consider myself a purist so I'm like bahhh gawddd those dam kenkyuusei they aren't even in main AKB so they don't even deserve half of my attention.

...But then I started reading and scanlating AKB49 and reconsidered my opinion

4. itsmiina

itsmiina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika

^ LOLOL. What you said about Takamina is fine. Takamina is my oshimen out of everyone in the 48family (I FREAKING ADORE HER SO MUCH) but I don't think she's the best singer in AKB either.

I'm basically a MD.
    Of course, I have my own ranking, but that doesn't mean I dislike any girls. I just like some girls more than others. (And in some cases, a lot more. :hehe: )
    Granted, at times, I will think unkind thoughts and be annoyed by certain members, but it usually passes quickly since... well, in my own opinion, each member has at least one lovable trait.

5. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

^
    ^
    About Takamina, I totally agree. I can see why people say she's the best singer, but... there's better ones out there in AKB. What you said about "darkens her voice and ruins the song" brings me back to last year's NTV Best Artist Medley from last year in December, and they were singing "Iiwake Maybe" live. I remember, it was her and Mayu's turn to sing, and the camera was on Mayu, but all you could hear was Takamina's voice... And it was really deep; and it just totally caught me off guard, lol. Don't get me wrong, though. There are lots of times when I like Takamina's voice, but then there are also times it sounds like she's trying too hard.

---------------------
    As for anyone else, there are times when I don't really like Tomochin. (She's definitely not at the bottom of my rank, though.) And yeah, it's pretty much what everyone said here. I also don't think she can sing that great. She didn't deserve a solo debut in my opinion. And now she's coming out with a second single? I can see why because Dear J did great, but I still don't think she deserves it. I'd probably like Tomochin more if she never got a solo debut.

There isn't really anyone who I really hate/dislike. If I end up disliking someone, I try to find reasons to like them, haha.

Oh well, who I actually dislike right now is Kimoto Kanon. Might seem pretty weird because Sasshi's my oshi, and I know that she's pushed like crazy. Kanon was all over the Undergirls PV. It just annoyed me because I've never seen her before and then she ended up in an AKB PV. I might like her eventually, though, lol.

6. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

THANK YOU. I swear, I thought I was the only one that didn't think Takamina's singing was all that great. xD

I like Takamina a lot, but I've always thoughts she was really overrated. I always hear how "amazing" her voice is, how she's the best singer, etc., but I can't hear it at all. Sure, she's a good singer, but she's by no means "great".

:fear:

Everyone's explained well enough why I dislike some of the people I dislike (Oku, Haruna, Itano), so I'll try and explain my dislike for Jurina.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while and I really can't say I dislike Jurina anymore. I don't know anything about their personalities, so my "dislike" is based on performances. Performances are a huge part of my fandom; it's how I start getting interested in a girl, plus I watch LODs a lot, etc. I don't know a lot about Jurina or Oku's personalities, so I really feel bad for saying I dislike them when I don't. I feel more "turned-off", I guess. For Jurina, I just hate that she dances with so much energy. Dancing with energy is fine as long as it's not too much, but Jurina tends to ruin performances for me because she stands out too much with her energetic dancing.

I'm actually fed up with "disliking" Jurina because I don't know much (if anything) about her as a person, so I'll probably ignore the performances and try to "get to know" her as a person.

For Haruna and Itano, it's quite the opposite as I don't mind their performances as much (except for Itano). Haruna just comes across as really fake and ditzy, and Itano seems really rude and disrespectful. She gives off a vibe of "I'm better than this, why am I in AKB?". I've never thought she liked AKB and she always looks like she'd be somewhere else.

7. GenkiKoala

GenkiKoala Kenkyuusei

Now that you say it, it is kind of true like she suddenly puts more effort into looking good. Now i understand why i was attacked in Sae's thread without prior knowledge about the shipping wars lol.

I say Takamina has the best voice in AKB not because of skill but because of how her emotions go through to the fans which i really like. But there have been several times where i agreed that "isn't this supposed to be an idol song?".

8. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

As for me, there's actually only one member I constantly can't really stand.

CHIYUU
    ...mainly the same reasons Sada mentioned. Her attitude is really annoying and when she sings and in general performs she releases that arrogant vibe. She's acting as if she were candy but it's just not working for her imo. I tried getting into her, as I'm a huge Michishige Sayumi fan and she also pulls off the I'm-the-cutest thingie; but yeah, she pulls it off. Chiyuu just doesn't imo.

9. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

I HATE KANON TOO <3.

everything about hers bothers me ugh. her face, her voice and the way she ruined a lot of shuffles and the TERRIBLE act she did in SKE Majijo. is was SO BAD. like REALLY REALLY BAD. IT RUINED THE WHOOLE THING BECUASE SHE GOT MAYUYU'S PART AND THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE SONG. ughgh.

and her Win e tsuretekite was ...bad as well ;____;.

10. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

I've been wondering are there any people who dislike Moeno?

I see she's mostly ranked in the "people don't care about" place. So like is there any reason for it?

11. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

I'll be honest, the reason I don't particularly like her is because I'm a pathetically shallow, something I really wish I could fix sometimes.

Something about her talking voice and her face just doesn't agree with me. If you add that to the fact that there's really not that much else that appeals to me, you get the reason for my lack of interest.

I will give her props for her bungee feat, and I consider it interesting how she's considered AKB's Yankee, even though she's supposedly like a princess, but there's really nothing else.

As for everything else covered so far in this thread:

Tomochin isn't one of my oshimen, but that doesn't mean I don't like her (though I don't like any song of hers that not on the Dear J single...). That being said, I'm still confused about where this idea of her being a self centered bitch is coming from. (as I have found evidence to contradict that).

I mean if it's the image thing then I understand somewhat (gyaru = materialistic, self-centered, etc), but I've always attempted to look past the whole image thing (though understandably its most likely a big factor in the idol world).

Not to mention I kinda prefer her current look over her past one.

Were it to be a direct quote from an interview or talk show (however reliable those are), then maybe it'd be a bit more understandable.

As for Kojiharu, well I don't dislike her as much anymore after Cloudy Sky (anyone who can move me that much with a song, deserves a reconsideration) but seeing as how she was once at the bottom of my rankings, perhaps I should make a mention here.

I've seen a lot of mentions about her airheadness, but nothing about her being coldhearted (which is ironic for me, personally, as I consider that to be a bit appealing sometimes). That's always been the main reason why I started to dislike her (as well as her talking voice, but I can put up with that now). In a group like AKB where I practically live for member interactions, having someone coldhearted like her did bother me a bit.

Hm, why I don't like Takamina....

Well, there are things about her that I like, mainly her humor, but, even that isn't enough sometimes.

Well for one thing, I suppose the singing thing does annoy me, (I've heard the whole "Takamina is Team A's best singer" too many times for comfort. Where's the Wasamin love at?) though this may also be due to me liking Wasamin (who I feel is much better) more than Takamina.

And another thing, this really is more of an unfair reason than anything else and I really should be mad at the producers/etc, but I'm not a particularly big fan of the whole "Takamina is AKB's leader" thing that's been going on.

I always thought the whole reason there were 3 captains was to counteract there being a main leader, but I guess that idea wasn't meant to last.

I will give my respect to Takamina for being there since the beginning and devoting herself to AKB so much, but I also feel this completely undermines the efforts of the other captains.

Whenever I consider how much being a captain means to Sayaka, and Yukirin with her worries about being a captain, it leaves me with a uncomfortable feeling whenever I see a Takamina take the lead as AKB's captain.

You can call me out on the fact that Sayaka and Yukirin are my oshimen and Takamina isn't as for why I feel this way, but to be honest, I like the idea of 3 captains a lot more than there being one (even if it's not "official").

Which leads me to a small curiosity. Some users mentioned Sayaka's seriousness as the reason for their dislike, then does that mean they hate Takamina? I've heard many people mention Takamina as "the most serious out of AKB" and some even say moreso than Sayaka.

And now I'll end with a question.

Does anyone dislike Rena? I know Jakk already gave his reasons.

12. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

I did, well, didn't hate her but I did dislike her a couple of years ago. I read somewhere that she was kinda bitchy to Sakiko on her first MC when she debuted, for being the oldest. I started to like her eventually though :D

I still dislike Komori for her sloppy dancing (which I still think she half-asses on purpose), but I've been getting over it since I saw the Team Ogi Matsuri and saw her "blending" with the group. And, this is a pet-peeve of mine, but while I don't really have a problem with Haruna herself, I REALLY really hate the way she grabs her mic!! I don't have a screencap right now, but I think most of you know what I'm talking about. Not that there's a right way to hold a mic but the way she does it isn't elegant or cute AT ALL. I find it very annoying, and it also makes it more obvious that she's lipsynching because it looks like she's about to drop it D:

13. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

I've never seen it like that o_o The teams are usually separate, so I mean, even before official leaders, CinDy and Sayaka guided everybody in B and K. If there was an AKB48 leader and they were in team A, who would lead K and B? There'd still be team leaders, just not ~officially named~ leaders. Like how Sayaka is still Team K captain even if she disagrees. It just makes sense to name official leaders? Since then teams have ACTUAL spokespeople.
    And when AKB48 comes together, Takamina leads everybody and everybody looks up to Takamina for guidance, it seems. Having her as the unofficial leader makes perfect sense to me.

14. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

^
    Yeah I agree as well. Takamina is one of the few members that has the qualities of being a capable leader and she's been in AKB since the beginning so that more than qualifies her.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

You can blame it on my paranoia, (or lack of insight/knowledge) but as I see it, to the casual fans of AKB or the newer fans who dont even know about teams or stages, they're not going to know about Sayaka and Yukirin being captains (or even witness then doing such things), because now Takamina is the leader of the overall group, as the media does so broadcast. Which goes back to my problem with the undermining this causes.

And also, I know this has been discussed before, and that this may not be the best place to bring it up but, I personally question how much of an "unofficial" leader she is, which is mainly the very reason (and origin) for my annoyance.

I was always fine with her leading the preconcert speeches/peptalks or leading MCs or doing anything along those lines because back then she was still the "unofficial" leader.

Now they've already blatantly stated it on AKB to XX, interviews and talkshows, and they even named a concert after her.

I personally don't think she's "unofficial" anymore, but then again, that's just me.

It may be a small reason to be annoyed with Takamina (or the producers pushing her), but to me, I feel that sometimes the difference between official and unofficial means a lot.

I can still see Sayaka as Team K's captain, and still believe deeply that she is, but because she "officially" isn't, she's not going to be able to join the captain MCs, or things of that nature, anymore.

15. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

What evidence exactly?

16. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Actually...no, not necessarily.

Other girls like Atsuko, Haruna, Minegishi and Itano have been around since the very beginning, too, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have the qualities to be a capable leader. Likewise, girls like Kayo and Yuki have been around since 2nd and 3rd generation respectively, and they seem to lead their groups well enough.

Of course, that's just my two cents on the matter...

*shrugs*

17. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

... this just breaks my heart. ;____;

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

NACCHAN too.

just a mention since everytime people starts to mention "originals" they forget one.

19. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Actually, I intentionally left out Nacchan from that list because I believe she's one of the few remaining original members who actually CAN lead a group of people. Same with CinDy.

:)

20. zqube

zqube Kenkyuusei

I, for one, dislike Harukyan. Basically, all of the negative things people have said about Tomochin I feel apply to Harukyan. I know it's really hard to see that but I feel like she's an extreme version of KojiHaru.

Though I say that I actually have Haruna ranked 10th on my list. Even if I say I dislike someone I'm still the DD type in the end :p