1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Windows 10

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by ryandtw, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Well, for some reason, i can't even update my windows 8.1 :^^;:
    ... in two PC

2. milo

milo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I didn't have it show up in windows update either, but you can just download the disk image from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 (or similar for other languages, en-gb to other language code) using their download tool, burn it to make a bootable DVD/usb drive and then upgrade using that, like I did.

The upgrade itself was smooth, and I only needed to download an updated video driver when it finished. All my programmes seem to be running fine.

Nothing has really changed for me though, because I'm on desktop and had already been using Classic Shell for a regular start menu, and to hide all that silly charm/metro/hotspot rubbish. :lol: A few icons look different but that's it.

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    They just redesign windows 8.1! I opted for reservation and the upgrade went smoothly. I see no incremental change but the GUI looks good. They did messed up my settings though but its nothing that cannot be easily fix. If there is one thing I notice that really annoys me is that they change the personalize options. Other than that, I think I can live with windows 10 at the moment.:D

And, I'm still undecided about Edge.

4. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Hm, it looks like I can't play my J-pop concert BD discs with my current PowerDVD 10 which was bundled with LG Blu-ray drive. Win10 doesn't have in fact at all any build in DVD/DB player. So "Free Windows" actually takes away functionality. I'm on Win7 atm.

Edit: Ok there are some ways to watch BD disks on Win10 after all but it requires some 3rd party software

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  5. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

^^ Microsoft :( how youre??