1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Won a reservation, seeing the show!

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Apr 11, 2008.

1. bankudonku

bankudonku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakura, Miipan, Ashurin
    I’m short so Final Call would suck.. ticket center shows it’s at 25 right now. I’ve got the JR pass and have no other plans so probably gonna suck it up and go. It’s just funny because I’m heading back to Tokyo tomorrow for this weekend’s HS event.

EDIT: Barely made it.. the cut-off was at 81 or so. I lucked out on a standing spot in front of the aisle so the view wasn’t too bad. Cons were I couldn’t feel my legs by the end of it and had to buy a Nozomi ticket back to Osaka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Continuing my crappy cancel mach number losing streak, I failed to get into last night's Team 4 stage. I had Cancel Machi #97, and it went up to #69.

• For the last three months I have gotten nothing but really high cancel machi numbers. In fact, this was the first time in three months I got one under #100
    • I really wanted to see this stage since they were performing Te wo Tsunaginagara, which I don't think I have seen live before. The last time I saw Team 4 they did the Himawari-Gumi 2nd Stage.
    • Interestingly, every time I have shown up and not won, I have gotten into the post-show High Wave, where you get to enter the theater after the show and greet the members. The way I see it, that isn't a bad deal, since I save on the price of a ticket, and get to say hello to the members anyway.

In all fairness, I wasn't applying nearly as frequently in the last the last three months since I was really busy, which does contribute to application success. I will have more time at least over the next three weeks, so hopefully my luck will change.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Once again, a crappy cancel machi number (#112) for the Sunday matinee Pajama Drive stage. In fact I debated skipping it entirely and instead go see another indie idol group in Shinjuku. But I ultimately decided to give AKB a shot and...

Won, via Ippan cancel machi #112. The cancel machi went up to....#112. I was the last person to get in.

So even with a poor cancel machi number, one has a shot. However, it has been quite a while since I had a chance at the seat lottery. I'd like to win a show outright once in a while.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So, I have received two cancel machis via ippan this month, and didn't get in either time. June 3rd I had cancel machi #96 for Team 4 (it went up to #59) and yesterday (June 12th) I had cancel machi #112 for the Anna Makino stage (it went up to #72) For the Team 4 show I did not draw a winning chopstick, so I didn't get the opportunity to do the post show high-touch. However for the Anna Makino stage I did win the post-show high-touch. Ultimately my rate of getting into the post-show high-touch after losing out on cancel machi is really good, which is why I show up regardless of how poor I feel my chances are of ultimately getting in for the whole show. Speaking of chances, I compiled a few statistics of my win/cancel machi percentages since April of 2017, when I started winning again after 3 1/2 years of not winning anything...

So since April 2017...

• I have won or received cancel machi 43 times
    • 4 of those were outright wins, 39 were cancel machi.
    • I have ultimately won the show 21 times (4 wins, 17 cancel machi)
    • My previous 31 wins were all prior to 2014

The four shows I won outright...

2017/04/28 SKE48 Team KII
    2017/06/02 AKB48 Kenkyuusei (Let's go Kenkyuusei!)
    2017/08/17 AKB48 Kenkyuusei (Let's Go Kenkyuusei!) <my listed oshimen's seitensei stage>
    2018/08/20 SKE48 Team E

Note: I opt out of the cancel machi option for SKE48, so it is always "win or nothing."
    Note 2: I went a year between outright wins from 8/2017 - 8/2018, and it has been 10 months since my last outright win. It has been 22 months since my last outright win at the AKB48 theater.
    Note 3: My longest stretch between won/cancel machi elections: 36 days (happened twice) Shortest stretch: 3 days

Of my 17 cancel machi wins...

14 were from the kenkyuusei stages. The other three were for Team 4, Team 8, and the Anna Makino stage.

2017/07/01 Team 8 (cancel machi #75)
    2017/11/06 Team 4 (cancel machi #55)
    2019/02/11 Anna Makino (cancel machi #84)

Kenkyuusei Stages

2017/07/30 Let's Go Kenkyuusei! (cancel machi #137) Note: my highest cancel machi number ever, and I got in! (I recently received cancel machi #144, which I lost)
    2017/09/15 Let's Go Kenkyuusei! (cancel machi #69)
    2017/11/19 Let's Go Kenkyuusei! (cancel machi #103)
    2018/01/05 Let's Go Kenkyuusei! (cancel machi #31)
    2018/05/23 Idol Shugyou Chuu! (cancel machi #35)
    2018/06/24 Idol Shugyou Chuu! (cancel machi #39)
    2018/07/13 Idol Shugyou Chuu! (cancel machi #6)
    2018/07/30 Idol Shugyou Chuu! (cancel machi #23)
    2018/08/07 Idol Shugyou Chuu! (cancel machi #90)
    2018/10/05 Idol Shugyou Chuu! (cancel machi #64)
    2018/11/26 Pajama Drive (cancel machi #67)
    2019/02/01 Pajama Drive (cancel machi #84)
    2019/05/19 Pajama Drive (cancel machi #112)
    2019/07/18 Pajama Drive (cencel machi #53)

Of my 38 cancel machi elections, 18 (46%) have been #100 or higher, which is extremely difficult to win with.
    My highest cancel machi I got in with is #137, my lowest to lose with, #64)

My cancel machi win rates...

Cancal Machi 50 and below: 5/5 100%
    Cancel Machi #51-75: 7/10 70%
    Cancel Machi #76-100: 2/7 28%
    Cancel Machi #100+ 3/17 17%

By year:
    2017: Wins: 3 / Cancel Machi Wins: 5 / Cancel Machi Losses: 3 / Total: 11 / Win Pct. 72%
    2018: Wins: 1 / Cancel Machi Wins: 8 / Cancel Machi Losses: 10 / Total: 19 / Win Pct. 47%
    2019: Wins: 0 / Cancel Machi Wins: 4 / Cancel Machi Losses: 9 / Total: 13 / Win Pct. 30%

BTW, the reason I did this research was that I noticed that my cancel machi elections over the last year seemed to be exclusively high numbers, with very little chance to win. Sure enough, over the last 11 months over half of my cancel machi elections were #112 or above. 75% were #84 or above., and one was below #64. My average cancel machi number in this 11-month period is ~101. From April 2017 to July 2018 my average cancel machi number was 76.82. Much lower.

But at least I am getting cancel machi numbers.

(Updated 2019/08/04)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    ^ great info
    just two questions
    how often do you apply for shows? and are you subscribed to mobile?

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    That's really tough to answer. Can be as little as one or two, or as many as five or six. It depends on many factors, like how busy I am, conflicting Wasamin events, which Teams are performing. (I usually avoid applying for Team 8) and I only occasionally apply for SKE.

Never have.

7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well aint this something. First application for upcoming trip, won SKE 手をつなぎながら with enpou. Gonna be a busy day because I land in Tokyo that same morning. =D

8. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    And another enpou, this time 「パジャマドライブ」公演. Life is good. <3

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Tomorrow? Or the one in the end of the month?

10. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    On the 24th.

Edit: lol this is getting crazy. Won another 「手をつなぎながら」via ippan. =D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Finally won a show. Well, technically I got in via cancel machi. I had cancel machi #53 via Twin Pillars for tonight's Pajama Drive stage, which I found quite odd since traditionally Twin Pillars cancel machi goes up to #50. But I heard from someone that it now goes up to #60.

Anyway, the pre-show cancellations on the Ticket Center website were up to #45 by the mid-afternoon, then up to #50 by 5 p.m., so I knew I was getting in for sure. So it ended up being a win, and I got to participate in the seat lottery, where my good fortune came to a screeching halt. I'll write a report in the Pajama Drive stage thread soon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    A lesson in humility: Won canmachi 55 for wednesday’s KII performance, went to Nagoya to see the cutoff point be 2 before me, so back empty-handed. My pain was lessened by getting canmachi 54 for today’s Team S show, which turned into a winner as everyone who showed up got in. Next up is canmachi 1 for sunday’s team S show which should be a rather good chance to get a decent seat too.

Edit: and another enpou, KIV「制服の芽」公演.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    SKE’s「手をつなぎながら」Cancel machi 73 turned into a winner, everyone who showed up got in.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  14. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    Does it means that this performance had empty seats? I thought AKB48 theater performances always sold out all the seats. :confused:

Maybe they should increase Cancel machi numbers?

15. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    There were 7 people who got into the seat lottery, and rest were people who filled the standing area in the back. There was one guy in 90s who got in. (Note, this was SKE stage.)

There are s lot of variables which affects canmachi such as team, stage, special events etc. Once I got in to see TII in 80s and other time for same team/stage/location but ODA’s seitansai and cutoff was at 40s.

16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well sweet baby Jebus. I am really stunned. Everything I have won so far was nothing...

I won 2019年07月25日(木) 18:30~ 古畑奈和 ソロ LIVE via ippan. I am not bullshitting when I say I started visibly shaking once I received the e-mail and tried to adjust to the reality of being able to see ultimate top member solo... which was a VERY remote chance to begin with, and after losing enpou and Mobile I assumed I was going to lose. BUT I WON. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 By far my best moment in these 10 years of the fandom. Until the show actually starts, of course.

Also, canmachi 11 for 2019年07月26日(金) 18:00~ 「青春ガールズ」公演 was a nice touch, however understandably pales in comparison to the above.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    BAM! Canmachi 70 for 2019年07月29日(月) 18:30~ 「重ねた足跡」公演 大谷悠妃生誕祭 turned into a winner! Everyone who showed up got in.

Edit: and another canmachi, 45 for Seishun Girls

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  18. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well, that canmachi turned into a winner as only 20 people showed up.

Also, won GO!GO! little SEABIRDS!! ※由良朱合卒業公演 With STU Mobile.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Another canmachi, 18 for Seishun Girls.

20. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    How often you win the application for SKE? :eek:
    So many akb concerts this month...can't spare to apply for theater performance. :hmm: