1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I guess someone at AKS still doesn't get it that when you push someone this hard it will automatically generate a pushback ... and when the member in question screws up .... you have a raging sh*tstorm before you can count to 十...

And I must admit I tend to start to get bored myself as well quite quickly (and even annoyed after a while) when I keep getting confronted with members I don't see the charm of (not that this is directly related to Moeka, but I think most of us can think of members this applies to)
    and yeah .. that sometimes increases my dislike of that member, which probably isn't fair ... but it happens nonetheless

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Is there even a „raging shitstorm“? Anyone knows how the Japanese fanbase think about the whole thing?

I can understand the fans‘ position as described by innosu. Although personally I don’t expect a 16 years old to be very professional about her private life. She probably could have handled it better but I also feel sorry for her if classmates or friends leaked personal photos.

3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, you could argue that she could have learned from her senpai ...
    But apart from that you might expect some education regarding previous scandals and the fallout thereof like those of Miichan, Sasshii etc. as part of their training. If kenkyuusei get schooled in which seats they can take in the bus and when they can use the dressing room etc. some training regarding scandal should be on the table as well.
    And you must be raised in an egg if you are not aware of what will happen if you disregards the unwritten rules in this respect.

Of earlier generations you could say that they mistakenly thought they could get away with it and were naive .... but current generation should know that, no, in this day and age, with twitter, facebook, instagram and the like ... no you won't, people will find out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    DISCLAIMER: My personal feeling toward Moeka is that I don't like her personality. I wanted to like her, as I do see her as someone who could become the next center, and I admired her ability. But just.... Well, keep that in mind when you read the following wall of text.

It's hard to say. One this is that not many 'good' fans say their reaction in public. We really don't want Bunshun do get more attention than needed (one of the reason I refused to translate/explain the 5ch detective works -- there are more than linked thread). I discussed it at length with my friends in private though.

In my opinion, and from that I see, this is pretty bad. The short version is that Moeka herself handled this terribly. The long version is that, usually members consulted with everyone related and release one, careful explanation of what actually happened, and that will be the end of official communication on the matter. This is the case for most members I remembered (Kojimako, for one, but several other members too). In such case, the explanation usually explains all points and while some might still argue against, it usually provide ample refute against all accusations. If the explanation is actually what happened, further accusations will still be explainable, and it will be the end of the matter. I could provide example of this, but I don't really want to talk about scandals of other members.

Now, in this case, Moeka released her explanation only a couple of hours after Bunshun released their article. We (as in I and my friend) were surprised at the speed, and thought that because it's Moeka everything is fast. But now, it is more likely that she released that without consulting with managers, stuffs, etc. The initial explanation didn't even refute all accusations at that time, and Moeka herself tweets a couple more time, producing evidences for her statement. (Now, this itself is already weird since it all reads like she is trying to cover something). Mahopyon also chimed in on this, but this caused even further confusion which she later clarified, but it doesn't really matter that much.

Now, the next morning, Moeka tweeted her complaint against Bunshun regarding stalkers (which immediately got coverage in mainstream media), along with more explanation for photos she didn't explain the night before. This alone is becoming suspicious, because, well, if you are correct, you don't usually drag the matter on, do you? Then the second set of photos hit, which contradict the explanations she did before. This became much, much more serious issue especially with further evidences uncovered by 5ch. This time, it is a complete silence, despite her quick response the day before.

Personally, and I repeat that this is purely my belief, I believe that he was Moeka ex-bf (i.e. they no longer date, but whether they broke up before or after she entered AKB is not clear), and he sold those to Bunshun. Again, this is my personal belief. I have no problem with that, but the fact that she lied in statements is troublesome. If she indeed lied without consulting anyone, then she might face harsh disciplinary actions internally, as such actions are pretty serious.

She might actually be in the clear --- and a lot of other D3 members seems to believe that too so the probability isn't low. In that case, she handle the communication really, really bad, and this should go in the book of how NOT to response to scandals.

The main damage now is that this Moeka really dominated AKB48 media presence at this moment:
    • She appeared prominently in AKBINGO last Tuesday, and Nemousu TV last Sunday.
    • 6/12 On8+1 (absence)
    • 6/16 Nemousu TV -- Moeka vs YuiYui
    • 6/18 AKBINGO -- Moeka & (someone I did not remember) Location Shot
    • 6/20 Downtown DX (w/ Naachan)
    The new single that should have already been released and are now rumoured to have an MV shooting soon -- if Moeka is the center than this might be really damaging as the case still hasn't been fully resolved. Management might pull Yukirin again and ignore everything -- but as I explained above, the damage has already been done. (It would be better had Moeka said nothing, but what is done is done).

There are many ways to look at this. You could say that, in order, Paruru, AnRiRe, Three Musketeer, Nanya+Mion, YuiYui, and now Moeka are pushed progressively harder and harder, simply because it just didn't work (well, Paruru kinda works, but the rest surely wasn't/isn't doing so well). I wouldn't certainly blame them ---- the problem may be that they really need some psychotherapist to helps member deal with antis and haters (and Japanese antis are pretty extreme.)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm going to back track a bit.... they should *not* teach the kenkyuusei about Miichan's and Sassii's scandals.... because in a way they both 'got away with it'
    Sasshii bucked the trend and became almost bigger then AKB, and Miichan scored way higher in the latest Nikkei idol ranking then many a current idol may probably hope for in the future.
    (however, for both of them it took a lot of hard work)

But there are plenty of examples of promising up an coming aces for who it didn't turn out ok, Miki-chan and Mako-chan might have risen higher if not for getting embroiled in some kind of scandal.

And I think AKS should be clear to their members ... maybe if you're important to AKS they'll let you get away with it .... but not if you damage the group too much ... and definitely not if you are replaceable (which, with so many members won't be impossible)

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You forgot who Miki was with, the "ace of the 15th generation." Another promising member gone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Remember that what Miki and Naanya did was illegal. As in, they could be arrested. There were really no escape for them.

Mako might or might not, it is kinda hard to tell.

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The big difference between Naanya and Mako on the one side, and Moeka on the other, is that the former two were salty with fans and maybe even with staff--Naanya killed her own push long before the scandal by trying to imitate Paruru. On the other hand, Moeka is (or was...) the opposite of salty, and if she's willing to put in the work she's much better equipped to follow the path of Sasshi or Miichan rather than that of a failed push.

Unfortunately.

According to Naanya on last night's London Hearts, it sounded like her graduation was her own decision--she could have tried to stick it out but she thought she had enough fans to succeed in a solo career.

Of course she could just be contractually obligated not to say she was forced out.

:explode:

9. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    At least on AKBINGO! Shitao is being pushed as much as Moeka. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Yuiyui "not doing so well" is a statement that doesn't sound very "sure" to me? Her being pushed harder than some of those mentioned before her also doesn't sound totally credible to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hard to believe since Miki also had to graduate. And her "solo carrer" is just gravure.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Her mention of solo career hopes was dripping with irony: obviously they didn't pan out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Yongpopbro

Yongpopbro Kenkyuusei

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    How does that change anything? Of course they would defend her.

15. Krusha

Krusha Kenkyuusei

Those two-shots does nothing to change the other images at all. The image of her with her piggybacking on her boyfriend, with her boyfriend in the bed. The Instagram images with her talking about her boyfriend with her friends etc.

Whatever the friends are saying does not remove what we've seen so far, and what we know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The friends supporting her in public are probably the same ones stabbing her in the back in private.

17. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Sorry. It was late at night and I was too tired to look up. It was "I don't remember" as in I totally forgot about it, not as in "I didn't recognise her"

Not getting into senbatsu at SSK after a solo concert (a first), leading role in TV drama (after Paruru), A-side center (after Miion), AKBINGO push (a first?), etc, etc. sounds like "not doing so well" to me.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    If I tried to be ironic I wouldn't do a better job than the one you've just done.

19. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Feel free to disagree, I don't mind. It isn't related to what I was saying in the first place anyway.

I was answering to the question of why AKS is still pushing member this way. My reasoning is that the previous push didn't work well so they try harder. But even if you think that YuiYui is doing well, that just means that this type of push is the correct, and thus Moeka is similarly pushed.

20. Pluemkun

Pluemkun Kenkyuusei

Because the fanbase of present AKB were very smaller than in the past. It’s very hard to gain new fan from non-akb fans and gain fans from the other fans who already had their oshi. It wasn’t like in the Golden era that many people outside fandoms still interested in AKB so it’s easy to get more fans than present AKB era.

She may be "not doing so well" for you, but she is one of the best handshake sellers in AKB now. She can sold all of her slots and the number of her slot is very high(about 40 slots per single). From her handshake result and her age(still young), no doubt why they still pushed her.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1