1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    God help us when she gets to 18

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Jijipress release event video

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's the summary of the second part of the modelpress article that I've linked a few posts above! it's more focused on AKB talks!

• Moeka is asked about being one of the aces of the future AKB and she says she's very happy and will do her best.
    • About Aki-P's comment on her (that I translated in the previous post), Moeka said that she learns from people without realizing it. She watched a lot of variety shows and it helps her.
    • About the 48G singing competition, Moeka said that when it comes to dancing, she learns from her seniors like former NMB member Watanabe Miyuki. But with singing, it's something she does herself since long ago. Together with her sister Yukina (now former SKE member), they would sing every night before sleeping. Moeka never found it weird and wondered if everyone does that. (That's cute LOL)
    • When asked about difficult times, she mentions the training program that KKS had in Nemousu Tv to prepare for the theater stage. Before that, there was also the 3rd Draft selection where she was very worried about being able to enter AKB or not. What she likes to hear from her seniors is when they tell her that she's doing her best and working hard.
    • Members she is close to: she has a lot of fun with Tanaka Miku of HKT, she's close with Sasshi and Juri who are both graduated now, and recently she spends a lot of time with Naachan. She's asked if she has serious talks with Naachan but she laughs and says no, however she really likes Naachan's serious personnality, it suits Moeka.
    • She says that when she first joined, she was timid. She thought as a KKS that she shouldn't talk to seniors but just observe and learn. But when she worked together with Yukirin to prepare for the KKS stage, she didn't talk to her and she felt that it was a loss and a missed opportunity. So she learned and changed from there, now she is known to be close with seniors.
    • About the image she wants in the group, she says she wants to have a cute high school girl feeling. But that now she only has one year left LOL
    • To make her dreams come true, she thinks that what she needs is more confidence because she lacks it, one of the reasons is that she went through an audition before (I guess this is about 16th gen audition) at that moment when she didn't get selected, she lost motivation. So she worked on her confidence, this is what she needs the most.
    • Lastly, what is Moeka's next goal: she would love to have another "Suchi-con" = solo concert, someday! (I would love it too!)

Then the article ends with a short comment about the photoshoot for modelpress and all the cuteness and surprising charms of Moeka. It also has the same promo for her photobook at the end that I talked about in the previous post. A really nice and long interview, it was interesting!

Here are some cute photos of Moeka from her Twitter 2 days ago where she's posing with her book cover!

EBX55zqU8AISXay.jpeg EBX55zpVAAATl9g.jpeg

Cute :blush:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. elbaf89

elbaf89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  6. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
  7. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Amazon.co.jp always have very harsh reviews and in this case there are quite some that are actually utter trash.

1 star, because there are no bikini shots and similar stuff. That seems to be the most common complaint. There are some folks who really want to see their sexualized minors.

Another one is complaining about her being "chubby".

8. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    The guy got a point though..
    [​IMG]

Not saying she should lose a ton of weight, because i don't really like Yuiyui's form either.
    But she should try to lose quite a few kilos. The fact the she always wore long dresses, i'm guessing she's actually aware of her problem. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    One man's "chubby" is another man's T H I C C :hehe:
    (tomaytoe...tomahto...)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I don't think she has a weight problem in general, but yeah she probably weighs more than most other idols of her height. I didn't mean to say others are wrong I mostly wrote "chubby" in quotation marks to say I personally disagree with it.
    Is she aware of her weight, though? She seems so confident, I wonder about that.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

A 17 year old in a bikini is not "sexualized" :fp:, it's a perfectly normal thing for a girl her age in Japan. Plus, she shows her cleavage at every possible opportunity including on national tv on music station so she's well aware of her "assets". Photobooks should have bikini shots and customers are entitled to comment if they don't.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    This is a prime example of her being sexualized unless you can make a convincing argument that somehow these one star reviewers are complaining about missing bikini shots due to artistic reasons or something like that and not because they're horny AF.

Let's check the definition of Sexualization:
    Usually you do bikini shots to sexually appeal to other people (which itself is nothing bad). Now the guy quoted said there is absolute no value in getting this PB because there are no sexually appealing bikini shots, which are the only reason for him to ever get such a book.
    So yeah, he's definitely sexualizing her.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I disagree with the framing of bikini shots being intrinsically sexual or that being the only reason for them. For example, Tomonaga Mio's photobook isn't sexy at all but the bikini shots are aesthetically very beautiful, that goes for a lot of idol photobooks.

Most of the people complaining seem to be about the content in general including the lack of bikini shots. Even if one person feels like there is a lack of "sexually appealing" bikini shots that it doesn't necessarily go for everyone. It seems like you're just trying to write off bad reviews as being from morally inferior people or something.

I haven't seen the whole thing myself yet so I'm not going to make a judgement yet but the same company publishes Bubka and I've long found that it's the worst gravure magazine as regards standards of photography.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't know that much about photobooks, but from what I saw from Moeka's book, I think that they didn't really invest a lot tbh. It might be the photographer or the publisher too... because Moeka looks really good in her usual photoshoots, she has a lot of great and cute photoshoots that look high quality (in terms of how it's taken and the editing) and that doesn't seem to be the case for her photobook. It's not the first time a photobook is like this though, but the ones I saw in the recent years seem good so I wish they did more for Moeka. well, we'll see how it sells, and it's just her first book in a year after debut so I guess it's ok no matter how it does. if there's a next time they will hopefully do better (it would help if she signs to an agency).

Random but I just saw this video of Moeka doing a comment about her solo concert and she looks really cute with her hair and outfit like this ^^/

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Let's not forget that she was 16 years old at the time of the shooting, and AKB48 has become much softer with gravure.

16. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    The expectation might come from Sakamichi series PB.

17. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    This was from her mobame a few days ago. I thought it was good and showed how much she thinks about these things behind the scenes about being a center people can accept.

Yaho

It's Yahagi Moeka!
    3 days of handshakes ended today!

A lot of people came to congratulate,
    My first center,
    Photobook,
    And my birthday
    Thank you!

I'm really happy to be picked as Sustainable's center!

Sometimes people will directly say to me
    "Not really the center I hoped for" or
    "Someone else would've been better" or
    "If you don't do anything then you won't be accepted" etc
    Made me feel unease on the inside
    I'm very happy and honored to hear those harsh words but,
    It became a lot of pressure and unease.

Since I'm scared and worried about being center, when I went to Nana-san to consult her about it

"Becoming center definitely means there's meaning behind it.
    Just think about all those people that love Moe-chan.
    You don't have to change, just stay true to yourself."

I got that kind of advice
    Up until now I've always
    Became negative thinking about the opinions of those that really don't think about me that much
    Of course there are those comments where I think they're right, but there are also a lot of ones where it hurts me on the inside

But, a lot of advice from those people I've taken in as a matter of fact
    And it weighed on my mind only negatively
    I realized that's my shortcoming

Today there was someone that told me they're never going to come again
    If it was my old self I would've cried there
    But from now on I'm looking at the fans laughing around me
    And work relentlessly with a smile until someday when those people would come to my lane again

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. AirWIng

AirWIng Kenkyuusei

did you post this on "sustainable" thread? if you don't please post it there.. people should know this

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@naruse

Thanks for sharing the translation!

Actually yesterday I checked Moeka's tag on Twitter (in japanese) and I found out that Moeka's japanese fans have a hashtag to discuss Moeka's mobame, I'm not sure if every member has that? the hashtag is #SuchiMail (in japanese) and it's quite active. I read some of the tweets and a lot of them were about this mobame, fans wrote many supportive messages and told Moeka to do her best etc. I saw some mentions about antis telling her negative things at handshake too. So now I know what it was all about, thanks!

The mail is good and it's nice to know that Moeka will look at the brighter side and do her best. I think she must have been very nervous before handshake, but after that she felt better knowing that there are many people who really support her and it encouraged her. I hope she checks the #SuchiMail tag too to see the fans messages.

I find it interesting that she said she's happy to hear the harsh words (even if she said it gives her pressure) I think accepting that you will have antis and dealing with them is something you have to do and learn to do if you want to be a top idol. She needs to take it as a motivation to do better and prove them wrong, it's difficult but I hope she does it. it will push her to keep improving herself. I hope she has the confidence to make it happen and not fall under the pressure. I think that's what she wants to do judging from what she said in the end, it's basically saying that she will keep working hard to prove herself.

Btw I agree that it might be good to post or link this in the Sustainable thread for more people to see :chuffed:

20. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    My moeka pb came in the other day. It's pretty decent, nothing to shocking. My favorite shoot was where she was at some local festival (?) in a cute dress. It has some of her more genuine smiles there :cute:

• Like Like x 2