Yamada Nanami (Yamada) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What the fuck? Are you serious? How can you leave Hattsu out of the senbatsu??!! How?! Let's see what Akarin fans can do. She doesn't have many fans, but a few can make someone happen, and those 80 towers... Hiichan still has the potential to be senbatsu if she wants to. But she has to. Gyoten is kinda getting there, but slow. You know how I say that Nagi was the one that suffered the most with Yuiyui's rise and the coming of SR? Actually, no. Nanamin's fall was too painful to watch. But they still haven't dropped her completely. And then we have girls with true potential, like Hattsu, Kyoka, even Nonnon. I'm not sure if Yokochan is top 9 at this moment. Could she do it easily? No f****** doubt, even more than that. But today she's "still in Aomori". Kurena is a strange case: she was really happening, she has people interested in her, she can make a lot of new female fans thanks to her fashion, but it slowed down lately. Sure, she still has magazines like LARME (which was huge for her), but it's possible to do more with her.

But I wonder if that's not SR acting again.

Which is kinda strange. It's not like she doesn't have the exposure, so why is she still a niche at this point? Maybe because Berin and Tanao feel more... comfy while she has a sexy chara?

Now that you mention it, Naru is still at 8,7k followers. And if we remember the other eitos first weeks or months it was faster in the beginning and then slowed down. Their real fans follow them in the first days, the growth that comes later is thanks to casuals. Maybe that's why Yuiyui wasn't that big in the beginning (she was behind Yamada and Kurena and "fighting" with Nagi and Berin) but then sayonara.

I still think that Onishi's jump from 12 to 24 from one single to the next one was too fast (and the same for Tsumugi, 8 to 20), but I don't understand why Nagi has 30 slots now either.

But since this is Yamada's thread, the only thing I have to say is: don't worry.

2. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    it could go all ways, she was probably the toughest to classify. I'm not gonna say what were the things that decided for the 1st rank in the end:shifty:
    I agree, but she has all the potential, huge family support and probably not high academical ambitions so she will go only up
    it may be, but I take it as a plus point in the objective scheme of things. Some people have agency, some rich fans, some I don't even want to speculate how did they achieve their position. But in the end it puts them up.
    another thing to consider is that while 5:30 stream is a nice trademark, Tanao's 22:00 is so much better (1.5x-2x more viewers... times 300 days)
    it's only you who's making us worried

3. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

What do you base the top Team 8 members on then? Who are your top 5 Team 8 members? (Just curious. Not an attack.)

I agree. :lol:

Back to topic, based on Yamada's position in the Ikiru Koto ni Nekkyou wo PV, where is basically more or less standing in front with the 2 centers, I think it's safe to say that she will be one of the top few in Team 8 at least for the time being.

4. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    if that's what you're referring, i think Yamada still better..like you said she have radio program, shumi baka, tiny episode in AKBINGO and bunch of small event with team 8
    but if you think Onishi still leading with her PB and SR queen i guess you're not wrong, it's big and sure will bring more money to management..
    they might consider putting her in the front row for the next single
    but i gotta say in general recognition, Yamada still in top 5..Yuiyui, Nagi, Naru, Okabe and Yamada
    frontline in that PV is representation from team 8 current top position i think, so we got Yuiyui Naru Nagi Okabe and Yamada[/user]

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Her monthly show and Minegishi.

Now that was nasty.

I decided to quote it this way.

Everyone in Japan already changed their sleeping schedule because of Onishi.

Not my fault that they didn't go on with Kurena's push. I know Mouri isn't too happy with that.

Sousenkyo ranking, handshake sales, length of lanes, merchandise sales, SNS followers, 2/5ch interest, Twitter interest, number of views per hour on SR, the hierarchy inside the team which you can see when they have events with their "senbatsu", such as TIF and other Summer events, their positions in Top Reed's stage, and so on. When you combine everything you get a good idea.

But the difference between Team 8 and the other teams (and groups) is that this would mean being in most TV and radio shows, but not with Team 8. You see, it's easier for them to call Ayu for AKBINGO! than Yokochan. When you look at AKBINGO's current regular cast, do you see all those girls to be in a better position than some eitos that rarely show up? And then you have Kanto and Kansai that have a tremendous advantage over the other Team 8 areas: I can assure you that if Yamada or Onishi weren't from Kansai you wouldn't be seeing them as much as you do now.

When the entire team had their own show and distances weren't a problem...

003.jpg 004.jpg

Well... mmm... Yuiyui, Naru, Berin... I say Tanao is already there... mmmmmmmmm............. This is where it gets hard........... mmmmmmmmm....... I'd go with Odaeri, but she still isn't there in the hierarchy and ranking 92th is still not ranking (but it's still better than Yamada). Nagi is interesting, because you'd probably say she isn't the top at anything (maybe games), but she's actually on the top of almost everything: still one of the best sellers, still one of the ranked members, still on the top hierarchy, still one of the most followed members, still one of the members with most views per hour on SR, and she does all of that when the last time you saw her doing anything in AKBINGO! was on those Mayuyu vs. Yukirin episodes, more than a year ago, and after that you only saw her in one of those fashion episodes where she was only sitting there without saying a thing. Still, these 9th album 'shakes are a bit scary for her position, especially with 30 f****** slots!

Muzukashiiiiiiii!!!... I don't know, for now I stick to a top 4 only.

Attacks don't scare me!

002.jpg

6. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Which is the reason why many Team 8 fans that I personally know and the wotas online, have said that Yuiyui's push isn't really fair as she is from the capital city, which is very convenient for travel. But then again, to give credits where they are due, she is cute and looks like an idol.

Yamada is very lucky to be from a Prefecture/region that is convenient, which is probably one of the factors that contributed to her push.

7. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

But it won't be long, with STU48 around there Yamada moves can't be easy like before...
    I wouldn't lied if i'm scared Yamada will lost all her job in Hyogo after STU48 made their debut

I wouldn't denied that.
    You forgot about Hatsu, red
    Interesting to know your eito top 5 based what really happen..not because "ah i like this member, she's cute...i 'll put her in my oshi list "

8. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Both are different. Should be fine.

9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    But you see, Yuiyui used to be air, she was nothing and she was still from Tokyo at that time. Yuiyui's rise to the top had nothing to do with her being from Tokyo (except that being on Andare helped). It was after she became popular that being from Tokyo made it easier for her to widen the gap.

Yamada is from a different period of Team 8's history. Back then they tried to push someone from each area (in Kansai's case, there was also Serika), even though Hokkaido-Tohoku had a few more popular members. If anything she lost the prominence on her area after Kansai's rise.

She's ow... leading SKE.

But why would I make that ranking based on my personal tastes?

10. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

I would say that both factors - her being from the capital city and her being popular (management was eyeing her since day 1), were contributing factors. As I said earlier, she really does fit the mold of an idol, which is needed for AKB to survive as well as caters to the taste of a wota.

Lost her prominence? lols. Dude, she is a doing lot better than some of the other AKB group members. She is definitely not a main eventer or in the center position (although she did center for 1 Team 8 song) but she isn't a nobody in the group either.

11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Mmmm, I don't think so. If you watch closely the 47 no suteki na machi e MV, Yuiyui is actually in last (4th) row and not even appear until the middle of second verse. Which make her screentime in the short version MV nearly unrecognizable. And that position is far behind Ranrii, Hama, and Kocchan who are in the second row :^^;: Not much improvement in Seifuku no Hane bar her solo screen time running to the parking lot (because she is from Tokyo).
    So, I do not really agree with the sentence.

Don't believe me? lets play a game. Spot the following names: Yuiyui, Yamada, Ranrii, Hama, Kocchan, Shiorin, Renana, Akarin, Riona. And if you have free time count the screen time for each of them.

if the video does not show watch the video here

I personally would say, Yuiyui is the current epitome of hardwork, luck and maximizing every push you got no matter how big or small it is. She raise to the top-tier of AKB from nearly the bottom of Team 8. I'm not a big fan of her, but I should give credit where it is due.

Compare it to Yamada on 5th position After Ikumin Nagi Naru and Yokoyui. Such good days to be Yokochan and Yamada fans. Luckily Yamada still have Yume e no route as her peak popularity until now.

12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Mmm... not really. Not at all.

Yamada used to be the undisputed number one in Kansai, no matter what criteria you used. After this year's rise of Kansai, you see Tanao selling three times more than Yamada, ranking 32 places above Yamada (with 7k more votes), having her own weekly show. Serika didn't have a rise in popularity, but she still ranked 30 places above Yamada. We already discussed Onishi. People found out about Ruka's body (too late, you idiots!). Hama has @azuki. It's not that Yamada dropped or lost anything that she had before, but she became a bit stagnant while other members from her area even surpassed her on certain aspects. That's what I call losing prominence in her area. And that would happen with Nagi if Hokkaido-Tohoku had their own show or became regulars at AKBINGO!, it could also happen with Ikumin.

And despite saying that you shouldn't worry with her, because you really shouldn't (at least not the way @rendizzz does that puts her out of Team 8's senbatsu) the thing is that you can't even say that she doesn't have the same exposure that they have or that people can say that she's a boring character, not made for variety, that she dances bad or anything like that. So, what exactly is missing? The novelty factor?

@SunnyHighland, the original Kanto push and star was Hii. In fact, this idea of Kanto being the leading area, with many popular members is quite recent.

13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Yeah, and unsurprisingly nearly all of Kantos and Kansais already discover their character. Have to say the original 7 aces of eito is representative from each area (2 from Hokkaido-Tohoku) with superior dance skill. Nagi, YokoYui, Hii, Yokomichi, Yamada, Ikumin, Naru. The only one still prominent in her area is only Naru.

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    And Macharin.

@qwerty_2000 should watch this. The last girl from each area is the main one. And don't be surprised with Moka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPDS4PyKwC0

15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    what is this? Are those the Produce48 members?

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    You can tell by their plastic faces.

17. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

This all makes sense
    They have fair competion now, and i think Yamada more happy with this condition..
    It's Hidayaa, you can see Koisuru juuden Prisu kanto...she's in the first
    I'M always wondering why suddenly they changing their channel from Serika to Yamada? On the beginning Serika centering kansai juden prisu and Yamada on the last..but suddenly in 47 suteki Yamada in 5th and Serika in 6th..and the rest until now Serika always behind Yamada in every damn position in every song

18. Pokemon_Forever

Pokemon_Forever Kenkyuusei

It looks to me that Yamada lacks Toyota backing or maybe even AKS backing. Did she do something wrong?

19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    005.jpg 006.jpg

No more mushrooms for you!

It was Berin all along.

It was her hand gestures.

Who am I kidding? It was obviously the short hair.

A scandal, of course. How does she lack support from Toyota and AKS when she was given a kennin, a center position, a senbatsu?

20. Pokemon_Forever

Pokemon_Forever Kenkyuusei

Then why doesn't she have more TV appearances and why haven't Toyota sponsored a variety show/radio show for her, like Nao/Ruka? Well, in your own words, she is losing prominence.