1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @bonjourmarlene Photobook charts like that on Oricon are updated weekly not daily, so exact figures aren't out yet.

Another clip from today's episode Sukkiri. This time around, in the middle of the interview, there was also a small moment in which she was asked to tell about her inner feelings she had at the time of the incident's controversy. "There were lots of moments in which I felt like I were to myself. At times I also couldn't help wondering if I there weren't any friends on my side. And so my confidence in myself waned. Obviously, there have also been lots of moments I would feel desperate or at a dead end, but on top of everything else the presence of fans was extremely meaningful. It's the presence of fans that serves to me as the motivational power to keep working on, as the impulse for my job."
    Apart from that, it contained also shots from the photobook release event (more about it below).

Besides that, I also went ahead and wrote a translation of the ModelPress report on the event itself, about which @sscrla had already posted a couple of snippets some posts earlier. That should be enough for today...:
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho: First appearance in front of fans after 4 months "I had you worry a lot"

On the 17th, actress Yamaguchi Maho has attended the commemorative release event for her first photobook "present", held inside of the capital.

[​IMG]

Inside of such event a talk show by Yamaguchi also took place. Before 50 randomly selected fans who applied, she told about episodes related to the photobook shootings and her feelings of gratitude.

Stepping on stage dressed in a white frill dress, Yamaguchi first gave her greetings: "Hello, I'm Yamaguchi Maho! Nice to meet you today". For Yamaguchi, it's been 4 months since last appearing before fans, and a thundering round of applauses erupted from the audience.

Moreover, while in a tense state, she asked "How many of you people are meeting me for the first time right now?". After nearly everyone inside of the venue hall raised their hands as a result, she told "What, isn't it everyone? Anyway, this is how Yamaguchi Maho is like. I'm happy to make your acquaintance", as the room was permeated by a friendly atmosphere.

[​IMG]

Once there, to the call of "Everyone, did you look into the photobook? Did you bring it with yourself?", the talk show then started, while looking inside of said photobook together with the audience.

First off, from the get go there was an explanation on the reason for creating such a photobook: "As I resolved to proceed over a brand new path after graduating from my idol job, the reason for having a photobook as the first thing among my future activities is because I had a strong wish to let people take a look at my current self. And it is at this point that I got the opportunity to publish this photobook, thinking how it would be nice to make my inaugural start this way."

Moreover, talking about the thoughts put into the title: "The title, «present», actually carries inside the meaning of «current», in the sense of wishing to see my current self, as well as that of it «being unforgettable». It is with the hope this would go on to be one unforgettable book, that I went with this title".

[​IMG]

Following that, she touched upon the cover photo of the photobook by bringing up a related episode: "This shot was actually taken during the first take session, on the very first day of the shootings. That's the very first photo to have been taken. Little did I expect that this would have turned into the book cover. Back when I received a proposal from the staff, that they wanted to make it the photobook's cover, I even reacted like «What, don't!» (laugh)".

To the request "Alright, today I would like you to let me know what is everyone's favorite shot", a scene also unfolded in which every person in the audience raised what page they each liked the most.

"Amazing! I see, I see! Everyone's choices seem to be split on it", in reaction to this, as she kept gazing at the favorite shots picked by the spectators, the talk then expanded onto what are Yamaguchi's own favorite shots and clothes instead, as well as the location settings, worthy of being shared on any Instagram.

[​IMG]

Continuing from that, there was also a small corner during which the audience got a laugh at various episodes -- one in which Yamaguchi, who hates swimming and doesn't know how to do it, told how in the shootings in the pool "I had to keep jumping to make it look like I was actually floating on the surface". Another one, in which while at the supermarket she would try imitating the same expression as that on the product she was holding on her hand.

In addition, a making-of video of the photobook shootings was also screened, including among it images of her embarking into the shootings during the first take session while having discussions with the staff, a swimming scene at the pool, the same about which she previously told how she herself "doesn't know how to swim...", as well as moments showing her actually going out for shopping after finishing the shooting inside of the supermaket, and finally the photographic set along the cold sea side. All the while looking at such videos, she looked back on the shooting production of it.

Other than that, to the question from the audience asking "if you could have a second photobook, where would you want it to be shot?", Yamaguchi, also confessing her next visions, responded: "I'd want to travel to Europe. I would like for it to be taken in a stylish city as Paris is".

To another question about "What is the very first thing you did once in Hawaii?", she began by saying "I went to get a massage, and then went out having lunch along with the staff" describing the events of the first day in Hawaii which she had never visited before, before adding talks about their food delicacies, the troubles they had during the shootings, the way she took up conversations with the staff while eating out together, with love talk to spice up the atmosphere -- all of which made it an unforgettable shooting for the sense of sociability it was carried out with.

As the talk show neared toward its closing stages, since this day was also Yamaguchi's 24th birthday, for a surprise a cake with the cover photo to decorate it was also brought on stage by the staff. "Eeeh, that's incredible! I'm so happy" -- at the sight of her rejoicing to it, cheers and applauses broke out from the audience.

For last, Yamaguchi then expressed her gratitude to all fans:
    "Thank your for having come all the way here today. That I could publish this photobook was possible only thanks to everyone of you. I can only imagine I have made you worry a lot until now, but that this photobook could be released as it did means that I received from everyone a present, that is to say your own expressions of support. Up until now, I felt encouraged by all this support from everyone. I am not strong myself alone. There have been moments I felt close to breaking down. It's because everyone of you are there that I can strive on. And the reason is that, everyone's presence is a source of motivational power to me every day".

"Should anyone of you go through any sad or harsh moments, I'd like you to go ahead and take a look at this photobook. Given how I had been provided so much support until this point, I now want to deliver to everyone a great lot of presents instead, with my activities to come next. I'll count on your welcome from here on too", with a smiling expression she described her outlook for the future, thus bringing the talk show to a close.

---
    Source: https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1872830

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    She looks genuinely happy and that’s beautiful to see

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. gravyer

gravyer Kenkyuusei

5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ModelPress is giving her a big push.

First, win a signed checki by retweeting this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.36.13 PM.png
    https://twitter.com/modelpress/status/1174518473369632768

There are two interviews in ModelPress, as stated in the tweet.

Actress Maho Yamaguchi (Yamaguchi / Maho / 23) , who graduated from an idol in May and began working on a new performing arts activity as a member of Kenneon , released her 1st photo book on the 17th, which is her 24th birthday. Present "released. In response to an interview with the model press, he told me the feeling of restart. [Part 1]

Part 2 after hearing about body makeup methods for shooting and attention to fashion and makeup that attracts attention.

[she talks about body building/strength training and diet]

https://mdpr.jp/interview/1871756
    https://mdpr.jp/interview/detail/1872126

• Like Like x 4
  6. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    this is for only the first day of release since the pb was released on the 15th and that was a sunday so sales should be higher next week
    she's #1 on amazon's photobook chart followed by hinatazaka and owada nana

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yeah, that is data for the week going until September 15. The chart for that week is now up on Oricon to show it.
    To clarify, the day of release was intended to be on Maho's own birthday on the 17th of course, but seems like one of the official distributors, namely Takarajima Channel, broke the street date too early, and some people who ordered from there reportedly received their copy ahead of time by the 15th (all the people I saw tweeting about their "flying gets" did order from them), leading others to follow suit. I assume this has to do with the Sunday-Monday double holiday being in the way. Other shops like the official one at Ken-On were faithful to the official release date instead.
    So in short that's not first day even, actually, but early flying get sales.

Anyway, for the low, low price of 980 yen a month Oricon's "You大樹" section lets you have access to weekly photobook sales charts before they are published on the main site, which wouldn't be until about a week later (as it turns out, it gets updated every Thursday). The next report for the week until September 22 will likely be up there soon.

---​
    Update: And, as mentioned, the numbers are publicly out now at last. The sales for the week going from September 16 up to September 22 are reported to be 10,116 copies.
    Link to the Oricon rankings below (archived):
    https://web.archive.org/web/1/https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/obp/w/2019-09-30/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    People getting releases a day or two early is pretty normal, that's why they have a term for it. But yeah, the 1k number was released way too early to be her full 1 week sales.

Seems like it could be going for a second printing as well. Still no real source, probably just a 2ch shitpost.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Here comes the second part of the "Nonstop!" special feature set in Macao, which was aired just today.

Yesterday a Hand-over event took place at the Kinokuniya book store in Tokyo, related to the photobook release. Those were two photos published in the Instagram stories of Watanabe Kayoko (as said previously, editor-in-chief of the magazine "sweet").
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also on a side note, while this is already a bit old in that it was published over one week back, there's also this other article from Crank-In, for which I have finished writing a translation in the time inbetween:
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho reveals, the sense of pressure and the resolution toward being an actress: "I want to be able to deliver many presents"

[​IMG]

Here we have Yamaguchi Maho, whose first photobook "present" will go on sale this month on the 17th, her 24th birthday. With the sentiment of "wishing people to take a look at me as I am now" before making a new start, the photobook was christened with a title which carries not only the meaning of "gift", but also that of "current". It is together with this book, serving as a stand-in for a business card, that she is about to step ahead as an actress. On the fact that attention and expectations are placed on her, she spoke out about her inner thoughts with a "I feel indeed pressure", but at the same time she also told us about her resolution about "turning to acting" as well as the thoughts behind that,

■ Lots of "first time" experiences in her first ever photobook of her own

[​IMG]

For what is the first photobook for Yamaguchi, shoothings were carried out in Hawaii, which "was a location I kept yearning for, which I wanted to travel to at least once". As the release date is getting near, "I feel my heart racing. I want fans too to take a look at it as soon as possible", she said in a thoroughly tense state. However, a sense of self-confidence could also be gleamed: "The staff commented on how «It doesn't even look as if this is one single person», as such I feel that this photobook has turned out to be one where there are various different expressions of mine that can be witnessed. When it comes to seeing this current me, this new me, this is an indispensable book. There were opinions coming from fans saying they «wanted to see smiling faces» inside, and to reflect also this there are plenty of smiling shots that were included inside".

Not only is it the first time in Hawaii, the shootings also ended up being a period packed with first-time experienced too, she says. "To take photos in highly revealing clothes and undergarments was also a first, and I felt extremely nervous about that. Not to mention, embarrassed.", while being shy about it she also added that in order to shape up a physique "fit to show", she also "gained 5kg".

"I found myself becoming a little too skinny at the time, so to prepare for the shootings I took to having over three servings per meal. I also went to a personal gym, and I increased my muscle mass this way. Back in the beginning I couldn't even lift a barbell with no weights attached, but right now I got to the point where I can easily lift even pretty heavy ones, instead. Take a look at it!", she told while flexing her biceps. Even after shootings are done, "I'm making a point to keep my body mass", and while smiling amusedly she says "I became capable of doing pull-ups, and developed strength along with it".

■ "I feel indeed pressure", on the expectations placed on her as an actress

[​IMG]

In addition, she is also going to make a new start as an actress. While right at present she is undergoing very intensive lessons, concerning what inspired her to aim toward the acting business, she told on her interest regarding acting performances: "Through stage plays, it is possible for you to turn into every kind of person. And I think, isn't such a thing wonderful?". Moreover, this is also because, as she perceives it, "this is a job that allows you to have someone else feel many different emotions".

On the fact that there's attention focused on what way Yamaguchi is "going to makes a start in the acting business", she confesses that "I feel indeed pressure", while on the other hand she also made a declaration of intentions, in that "I want to become an actress who can properly comply with everything that is requested from me".

"Being this a job where you have to stand in front of other people, I find it's only natural that you are bound to get said every kind of things about yourself. I want to strive on to be someone who, engaging in each single task with seriousness and with all my strength, would be comprehensive to anything that gets told about me, no matter what. There are also people who are expressing to me their worries and encouragements, coming from the actual experiences they had. It is also to such people that I want to show a hard-working image of myself, I think it would be great if I could be someone who can instill courage and hope to them with my presence", a feeling of resolution was transmitted from the way she looked while talking straight and frankly.

■ Making other people happy is something "I love"

[​IMG]

Serving as a motivational power to Yamaguchi at all times are the smiling expressions from fans, as well as the audience side. As a native of Aomori, the fact she had an experience with volunteering at the time of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake represented a big factor, in how she came to think in such a way. "That there was something I could personally do for the sake of someone else made me extremely happy. At the same time, I could perceive how there is no way to predict what situations we are liable to face and when, also involving myself and the people around me. Being honest about myself, being thankful of people surrounding me, I want to walk on with my life in a way I'll never have any regrets no matter what comes around -- that's how I grew to think like that", she told in an impassioned way.

Even in the private life, as she says, "Setting up something as a surprise for my friends and anyone else is something I love so much. I just want to look at their faces as they rejoice at it. We would secretely put up decorations at the home of a friend who is about to celebrate their birthday, go around looking for something they would like to have and give them as a gift. They were so happy about it!". With enthusiastic ambitions, she continues: "Even to my fans, I want to go on to deliver many surprise presents from here on". And then, while showing a radiant smile, "I think the fact that out of so many people, those fans grew fond of me is a wonder in itself. So, in turn, I want to keep treasuring every single one of them. I want to keep working on so that there would be happy news coming out next. I would hope to go on and have many good dreams together with everyone".

When asked about what is it that she perceives as her strong points right now, she expresses words of humility, "My personality is one about which I can hardly find any good aspects if any, myself..."
    "Working hard for the smiles of someone else", this unwavering sentiment is without question one of her greatests assets of hers. With in her heart the almost wondrous encounters with her fans, as well as her hopes for the future, it's so that the actress Yamaguchi Maho is now about to take off.

---
    Source: https://www.crank-in.net/interview/68795/1

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Congrats on 10k (11k with the Flying Get sales)

• Like Like x 3
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Maho Yamaguchi 's 1st photo book “present”, who graduated from the idol group NGT48 in May , won first place in the latest Photo Book by Oricon Weekly Book Ranking as of 9/30. Yamaguchi has started a new performing arts activity, but seems to be attracting constant fan support and public interest. "

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2145121/full/
    https://twitter.com/oricon/status/1177352409711960064

Note: it doesn't show on the public ranking page yet, which is the 9/23 ranking.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/obp/w/2019-09-23/

Another story:

"Photo albums that look like sales on Amazon show a different picture when you look at real numbers in Oricon's weekly photo book ranking. Looking at the September 9th to September 15th total, which was the first week of the release, Yamaguchi's photo book ranked 6th, with an estimated sales volume of 1017 copies. However, Yamaguchi's photo book will be released on the 15th, and only sales on the first day are taken into account. If the first week is included, including the rankings for the 16th to 22nd days, sales are 11,133 copies. It is number one in this ranking."

https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2019/09271101/?all=1

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    As mentioned above, her photobook wasn't supposed to be released until the 17th. Nice fact checkers you have there, Shincho.

13. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    did inapooh or any of those guys went to the release event?

14. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Does this "present" mean a "gift", "current time", or "to showcase"?

15. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Instagram live from Maho, just in case someone had missed it.

Some summary notes, as per usual:
    • The stream itself started on short notice early in the day, circa 1PM, but it looks she had been keeping herself busy this morning: as Maho said, she just returned from the gym and took a bath, before broadcasting from a room in the agency's building that she borrowed for this purpose. In fact, one thing she did was excusing herself for showing herself up with unkempt hair and only minimum makeup.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • With the next commemorative photobook hand-over event, scheduled this time in Osaka, being just a couple of days away (it will be held on October 5th, in fact), the first part began with a little reminder about it, of course.
      [​IMG]
      Anyway, gotta love how at one point halfway through the stream on one viewers later commented to the tune of: "If I go at the hand-over event, then I can't afford going to the sports festival of my children", to which Maho placidly responded with: "In this case, please choose your children's sports festival event over the other! And to the children, do your best!" (Heh...)
    • [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      This was then followed up by a small discussion about the shots found inside of the book itself. Turns out that one of Maho's favorites in the middle of it is the two-page spread set in a ground expanse, on account of the long white dress (incidentally, this was revealed to be Rittan's favorite too). Viewers didn't miss the opportunity to react with a "O-daitan-sama!" ("What a daring one!"), which is what the of that one radio show, Skyrocket Company, used to comment on the photo previews back in late August and in turn even made it into online news later on.
      Leaving that aside, Maho's personal favorites also included the series of shots in black lacey bodysuit, as well as the one featuring the sailor hat when it comes to lingerie shots, as well as that blue flaring dress she wears on the sunset seaside photos at the end.
      [​IMG]
      ...Though she has to acknowledge during the talk that it's the one shot with the flowers (and the "sailor" one, also) that had enjoyed the greatest reception with the public -- especially the female side of it.
    • Some viewer asked if buying it was okay even if you are a housewife, at which point Maho, reassuring it is, reveals how there're actually plenty of such ladies who came to her at the previous hand-over events, adding that out of the fanletters Maho had been receiving these days there turned out to be a certain number written by housewives indeed.
    • Following that there was also a little showcase of the mementos she bought while in Hawaii, even in this instance at the request of viewers...
      She talked about going on a buying spree of cosmetics, especially perfume, which couldn't otherwise normally be bought in Japan, with the photobook's hair stylist staff to guide her with their own knowledge.
      Then she moved on to the Suntan Snoopy merchandise, which turns out it's a genuine line of products unique to Waikiki. Needless to say that she fell in love with it, as proved by the fact she had already posted on Instagram a photo of a plushie she bought there.
      This wasn't the only one, however, since she also bought this one pouch. "You can do it. Hawaii.":
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Looks like it was the location coordination who handled the photobook's production, Maki Konikson, who recommended her on it. In the end, she couldn't help telling that she bought also a second, larger one with the same motif, to keep a laptop PC inside.
    • Yet another souvenir is this, about which she goes as far as to say the brand: Malie Organics.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      The label spells "Botanical butter kisses", which after a little googling turns out to be a toiletries product, more specifically a moisturizing cream to apply after bath. This one too came from a recommendation from Maki, who suggested it to her because of the typical Hawaiian scent to it.

One thing in particular about these: she told that bought also some more to give out as presents to Riko and Rena respectively, when she met them, which is indeed pretty nice of her.
    • [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Keeping it for last: looking back at the previous photobook events, she couldn't help expressing how the attendance consisted of a large number of women. Among them, she especially was surprised to see how someone out of them purposely came to her wearing the same exact articles of clothing she had sported in the public some time before.
      About it, Maho does bring up three concrete examples: one was a certain t-shirt with a text print on the front featuring a big "J" with threads dangling from it. What Maho found the most amazing about it is that this wasn't even from a photo she herself had posted on her own social media account, it was from a photo uploaded by Rittan and Renapon, on occasion of when the three of them met to hang out together some months back. Check here and here too for reference, which makes it even more amazing because the shirt's design wasn't even in clear view, which would have made it hard to identify the brand (but it wasn't, since it happened in a matter of hours...).
      The other two were the same dress she wore for the Macao travel TV special, and the one she sported on her corner on Sukkiri, instead.
      [​IMG]
      All in all, I reckon this is what people mean when they speak about "Mahonomics", isn't it?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    ^ that bit about that one fan that wore that shirt that was posted on her friend's twitter is actually kind of amazing lolol. what attention to detail that fan must have had to have found that shirt based on those pics. That's some kpop level of sleuth and that fan should work for the FBI lolol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    It took a while to arrive here in Canada but I received my copy of Present this week! :D I love it, there's such a variety in the make-up/styling and artistic approach from one photo to the next that it almost looks like a modelling portfolio. A lot of photobooks can get kind of repetitive, especially when they're shot on one location within the span of a few days, but the photos in this book look like they could have been taken months apart. I think it shows how much she's been growing since leaving NGT48. The spine of the book titles this as her "1st" photo collection, so based on that and the successful sales of this one I hope she'll be releasing a 2nd book soon!

gZMPII2g.jpg medium.jpg k4uKgLVc.jpg small.jpg fR3VHMIN.jpg small.jpg CgBF_9Fc.jpg medium.jpg fbgeohQe.jpg medium.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    One more short Instagram live broadcast from yesterday, 2019.10.08, taking a break time during the hand-over event in Osaka and eating some tai-meshi basically.

• Like Like x 3
  20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 1