1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

BOMB magazine?

https://twitter.com/idol_bomb/status/846292620045266944

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Young Jump. I don't think they said on what issue, though, just that it will be out sometime in April.
    Edit: Maho said on this SR that it will be out on April 20.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Thanks for that, Manga issues tend to sell out from Amazon.co.jp much quicker than gravure magazines so will have to order it promptly when it goes on sale.

4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom.
    Since today was Music Station's Kojima Haruna special, some Kojiharu appreciation was in order.

Among the topics in this stream:
    - It was revealed it was Kojiharu's own suggestion to invite all NGT members above middle school age to the graduation special, including Kenkyuusei. Maho goes on about how great and kind Kojiharu was to give everyone a chance to appear, even though it was her last Music Station and NGT hasn't had a major debut yet.
    "It's her last Music Station, she had been working for 11 years, so nobody would've complained if she made herself stand out. On the contrary, everyone wished for it. Despite that, she made sure that other members would receive screentime. She's truly a goddess"

- Maho getting somewhat emotional that her name appeared right next to Kojiharu's on the handwritten list of participating members.
    "When, at the end, the name of Kojima Haruna-san and Yamaguchi Maho appeared together on the screen I thought for the first time ever 'It's great that my last name is Yamaguchi, thank you ancestors'. Until now I hated how the name Yamaguchi was the last in the name list, like how in the recorder test during music class I was the very last and that made me nervous. Even when I got in NGT we do things following the name order ... So I didn't have any good memories about having Yamaguchi as my family name. Today was when I thought how good it was to be named Yamaguchi."

The fateful moment:
    [​IMG]
    山口万歳 (*´∀`*)

Bonus: Maho during the Heart-gata Virus performance
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's Photolog from today contains a little detail about her role in Shutsujin's PV (?)

"Shutsujin's short version has been released.
    It eventually turns into a big story, I'm there together with my friends Anju and Mofu-chan.
    By the way, I am the class president.
    If I had these two as my friends in the same class, it would've been absolutely fun~"

On other news, there will be another Maho x Ayanyan gravure on the April 18 issue of Manga Action, don't miss it~
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom.
    Maho struggling with hay fever (best quote of the day: "Mineral water is pouring out of my nose"), plus some considerations about her appearance in the Shutshujin PV and her special movie. By the way, the movie's theme is Cool Beauty and Wa, that is Japanese traditional style. Maho still seems to think that kimonos don't look good on her, but, personally speaking, I disagree.

Preview of the special movie from Sony Music's channel

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  7. Killer Queen

Killer Queen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase

Can I have the link of the video? or at least the name of the concert, date, show, etc. sorry I'm new to idol industry so I don't know the terms or where they play

8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom was sort of a variety pack: lots of topics ranging from Sousenkyo (knowing Maho, I'm genuinely concerned she might faint under the sun of Okinawa, especially if the results don't turn out well — she might have reassured fans that she's not a vampire, but her resistance to sunlight isn't any better... (´д` ) ), to her love for Cinnamon, and Tofu ProWrestling ("if I were to appear, my ring name would be Kossetsu Yamaguchi", no there's nothing to laugh about).

Since she also referenced it during the stream, here's also the part of Ayakani's Myounichi Yoroshiku where Maho rang at her door. Poor Ayakani believed at first that it was some neighbor coming to complain because she was being too noisy...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    It has been a busy, busy schedule today for all members of NGT, being the final stretch of their PR campaign. They split into small groups and traveled to literally every corner of Japan to promote their debut single on local radio stations.
    Some went to Tokyo, some went to Sendai, some went to Hokkaido... Maho and Ayutaro were tasked to go to Hakata.
    By the way, a somewhat comprehensive list of their destinations and the shows they appeared in can be found here and here on Sony's site.

From today's Photolog:

"Nakamura Ayuka

Tomorrow I'll pay a visit to the CD shop, maybe."

"Yamaguchi Maho

Hakata!
    I'm in the Hakata group together with Ayutaro!
    My first time in Hakata!!"

Today's Showroom, from Ayutaro's account. Just some short streams while the two were en route to the studio.
    Maho, being the Mayu-oshi she is, really wanted to try some karaage while there. And visit the Bic Camera store, too (those who know will understand~).

Maho also streamed from her account, but it was much shorter, so I don't have much to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnI4ufsdqhA

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yesterday's Twitter posts from the radio stations in which they appeared as special guests.

https://twitter.com/mega_barikata/status/851430496915513344
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/761musics/status/851373516947562497
    [​IMG]

From Maho's Photolog. As hinted before, today the two of them made a trip to every major store in the Fukuoka area to celebrate the release of the single. A short list of the ones they visited, along with the time when they arrived, is reported in the text. Apparently, part of the PR campaign involved giving to the stores a signed poster with a clock marking the time of their arrival.

Various photos from Ayutaro's Photolog
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Official announcements from the Twitter profiles of each store:

"Today we received the shipment for Seishun Dokei, due out on 04/12, the debut single of AKB48's sister group NGT48 which was formed in Niigata in 2015. Members Ayutaro aka Nakamura Ayuka and Mahohon aka Yamaguchi Maho paid a visit to our store. Their cuteness was stunning. The Fukuoka Parco store will support them to our utmost."
    https://twitter.com/TOWER_Fukuoka/status/851696233420800000
    [​IMG]

"Mahohon aka Yamaguchi Maho and Ayutaro aka Nakamura Ayuka visited our store. The shipment of their long-awaited single Seishun Dokei arrived just today. A song like a spring breeze that you'd want to listen to over and over again, and which we absolutely recommend. INDO's youth clock stopped at 12:46 PM[*]. They were so cute."
    https://twitter.com/MP_INDO/status/851657271381696512
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [*] For those wondering, that's roughly the time they arrived at the venue, see the Photolog post for reference.

"Today is the pre-launch date sale of the major debut single Seishun Dokei, which will be out on 4/12. To our surprise, on that commemorative day their members Yamaguchi Maho and Nakamura Ayuka visited our store! Both of them have such unique characters, that it makes us want to support them! They were so cute and wonderful! The dresses were cute, too. (*´ω`)"
    https://twitter.com/hmvbooks_hakata/status/851725464355782656
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

"NGT48's Yamaguchi Maho and Nakamura Ayuka paid a visit to our store. Today, the flying-get day of NGT48's Seishun Dokei is currently underway at our store too~! Please take a look at the signed poster too, okay ♪"
    https://twitter.com/TSUTAYA_F_BLD/status/851665301288632320
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Today's Showroom was an "on the road" one as well.

11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yesterday's last minute Showroom. Since I wasn't even aware she streamed so late into the day, I'm posting it only now...

Maho's Photolog posts about the debut single:
    "Debut single commemorative event
    Thank you so much!
    We have made you wait for 1 year and 8 months, but I'm happy that we still could enjoy lots of fond memories together with everyone.
    We achieved our debut because our fans are here.
    May Seishun Dokei become a beloved song."

"Bakauke
    May Seishun Dokei become a great hit
    [*]"
    [*] The pun here is with the name of the snack, as a fun fact, it's also one of the first brands that NGT, as well as Maho, did an advertisement campaign for
    Today's short celebratory Showroom to thank fans

On other news, looks like Maho got a little fashion job recently.
    From Maho's Photolog:
    "Lovela's leaflet
    I'm doing a job collaboration with a certain clothes store in Lovela 2.
    Please check out today's leaflet.
    Here's the AR image"

"Waah!
    During the photoshoot, I tried various poses and arranged my hair in a curled style, which normally I'm not able to do. It was really fun.
    I hope I can do some more modeling jobs again."

Same thing was mentioned on good ol' Ayakani's Photolog as well:
    "Starting from today, leaflets will be distributed!
    -
    Starting from today, Spring fashion leaflets will be distributed at Lovela Bandai and Lovela 2.
    I appear on it too, so to the people who came to Niigata today, please check it out and then return home!"

Speaking of which, here's a photo of the leaflet in question. Other than Maho and Ayakani, it also features Mihachan, Gatanee, and of course fashion boss Maumau. Another one can be found here on the event's detail page of Lovela Bandai. Ayakani went as far as saying that the staff called them the "fashion senbatsu", which only makes me hope we'll see more of it in future.
    [​IMG]
    Edit: found a better quality pic. Also, here's a poster-sized print of it, too, giving a much clearer view
    [​IMG]

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Quick selection of today's Photolog posts.

About Kobayashi Sachiko's surprise appearance at yesterday's event:
    "Kobayashi Sachiko-sama
    Yesterday, Kobayashi Sachiko-sama came to our debut event.
    I was so happy!!
    I even told it to my grandparents.
    What's more, she even prepared presents for everyone.
    Even Kobayashi Sachiko-sama's Senbonzakura
    [*], which I like so much.
    I'm going to download it immediately and listen to it"

[*] One of Kobayashi's songs, you can give it a listen here
    About the Spring Fashion collaboration campaign mentioned in the previous post:
    "Lovela
    Today, at Lovela, they held NGT48's Debut Campaign
    Thank you so much.
    There's also a big panel on the second floor of Lovela"

"Staring...
    At first I thought it was a fan who was looking carefully, but it was actually Otaki-san.
    After the shootings for the photo cards were over, I went to eat some delicious karaage together with Otaki-san"

Namashashins, and a preview of what she'll look like in them:
    "Photo card shooting
    Today we had a shooting for the photo cards.
    Since my bonus video
    [*] received positive reactions, here's my first ever side-swept bangs!!
    It would've been unthinkable until some time ago. (laugh)
    [**]
    How is that?
    I took the photo at a place where cherry trees were beautiful."

[*] The individual PV in NGT's single
    [**] Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but anyway it's still a good excuse to further explain Maho's character. I assume it's because Maho has this big complex about showing her forehead due to having a naturally high hairline. The topic popped up on SR every now and then, sometimes with a comical spin. One episode that I found particulary funny was when she looked on the screen at her exposed forehead, felt a bit embarrassed and tried to cover it up with a Cinnamon plushie of all things (here). (´ω`*)
    "Bangs.
    Do I look okay without bangs? Or not?"

13. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Maho is sooooo beautiful and charming in the performances, i guess she passed the audition despite her age for a reason.

Bangs or no bangs she's stunning!

14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From today's Photolog:

"MahoMaho
    Today I dressed up as MahoMaho, in the same style of MisaMisa
    [*].
    Since it was very appreciated when I did it at last year's photo event, this year it's making a comeback with some slight changes.
    What do you think of it~?""

[*] Death Note character
    "Photo event
    Thank you so much.
    It was the first photo event in a whole year.
    It was fun to come up with various poses together with you.
    I'm happy that the Aomoringo Pose
    [*], which I mentioned on Showroom, was also popular."
    [*] The name is basically a combination of Aomori and ringo, the Aomori prefecture being itself famous for its apple production. As explained in this Showroom stream, it's an apple-shaped pose done with hands. It started as a joke because Maho couldn't make a proper heart shape at photo events and all the time she tried, it turned out apple-shaped, so she suggested fans to directly ask for an "apple pose" instead.
    Some photo from today's two-shot event. Out of consideration for fans, I tried my best to include only the ones where only Maho was visible.
    It seems Maho Punch, Rittan Beam and the TemoDemo pose were particularly requested, too. Also, I'm going to guess that the lack of Maho Note this time around was part of these slight variations. I wonder where it went...

Today's speed Showroom, as you can tell by the voice Ogiyuka was in the same hotel room

15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom. Almost-midnight Cinnamon stream.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's comment on Reinya's birthday:
    "Seiji Reina's Seitansai

Happy birthday, my dear Reina!!
    Reina loves to be pampered and has a face like a baby, she's absolutely cute.
    On the other hand, she's also very independent-minded and can say things fair and square when something is wrong. Plus, she's good both at dancing and singing.
    This is a girl who's going to receive lots of attention in future, isn't she?"

Preview of the solo gravure that will be on tomorrow's issue of Young Jump, taken from the magazine's site. Looking good as always.
    [​IMG]

Also, just a quick heads-up about the magazine's release from Maho herself, after what probably was a long day spent watching Kojiharu's graduation stage.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Solo Maho gravy, buy it buy it buy it!

21_005.jpg

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Just a couple of posts from today's Photolog

"Side-swept bangs
    Today there's no bangs~!
    I pulled them on the side.
    The side-swept hairstyle I had on the bonus PV was well-received, so I took everyone's opinion into consideration.
    What do you think of this mature-looking Mahohon~?"

"Today's clothes combination.
    This is today's clothes combination.
    I also styled my hair in a straight and chic fashion to match the dress."

A small compilation of photos taken at today's photo event.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Today's Showroom. Which reminds me, today is the NGT special of AKBSHOW, so go watch it.

19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From today's Photolog:

"Today's hairstyle was bangs + wavy hair.
    In my mind, this has always been my idea of an orthodox hairstyle...?
    Last week it was half-twintails, yesterday it was straight with side-swept bangs. We are having many photo events, so I want to show a completely different myself~"

Bonus: a cute MahoRiko moment after quite some time
    "With a fan.
    I took a photo with a girl who's a Maho fan.
    I'm surprised
    [*] at how extremely cute she is.
    We did a heart and Cherriko
    [**] pose."

[*] Needless to say, the original word she used is "bikkuriko" (a combination of bikkuri and Riko), one of the many words Rittan has invented and uses regularly in her speech (*´Д`)
    [**] Pun with cherry and Riko, another invention by Riko, yeah
    Some other photos from today:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's Photolog post about Okappa's seitansai. Oi oi, I hope Riko won't get jealous...:

"Takakura Moeka Seitansai

Today was Moppii's Seitansai.
    Moppii was the first member I became friends with, we used to be always together in the beginning.
    Moeka, who still relies on me even today, is so cute, I want to keep protecting her.
    Happy birthday.
    I wish Moeka to stay happy."

Today's Showroom, is all about Maho looking back on her Young Jump gravure and the last NGT48SHOW. Also, guess what, some more Cinnamon!
    Looks like I wasn't the only one who felt that the text captions accompanying the gravure were kinda... erm... unique. Maho even jokingly wondered if they were praising or poking fun at her on some parts, while she was reading them.
    Apparently the whole "Mochi no ron" scene in the cellphone shop skit was a comedic adlib from Maho. I wonder if this is the part she received praise for. As another fun fact, she told how the production staff had to come and explicitly ask her if she could exaggerate her lisp a little bit, since apparently they expected it to be much heavier at first. Kinda ironic considering that Maho often jokes about her lisp being "business", indeed. Many people are surprised to hear it's much milder than what they initially expect, and it somewhat disappears on some occasions (cue the usual tongue-twister to prove it)
    In talking about this year's Sanrio Character Grand Prix (don't forget to make Cinnamon number one), she also spoke a bit about her hopes and expectations for this year's Sousenkyo. Her goal right now is to rank 50th, no particular reason for it, if only because this was her entry number at the NGT auditions. Still pretty modest of her, I must say. (*´ω`*)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019