1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    wow, the story of the struggling introverts! I can relate :D

The video is so aesthetically done as well.

For example, she explained why she doesn't want to do the self-introduction in the center of the street because she has a faint voice and definitely shy about about others may think of her. (Realizing her weakness) But she took down all her escape routes to turn back by changing her address and phone once she arrived to Niigata. (Resolution)

Then when about the time she opens her voice to say her introduction, the amount of random noise, people and things appeared in the video represents the busy world and she wants to be heard (by conveying all her thoughts in the video till now) through her introduction...even though at the end people still walked past her. She made her statement. :)

Despite her weird character of a Cinnamon fanatic XD she sure is a grown up! I can see her resolution to join NGT and be successful here, well said Mahohon. Respect! Aim for SSK rank in and don't stop there!

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Cisalpine88
    Any plan to sub another of,
    I can recommend at least 2 of these PV with quite an in-depth stories, just like Mahohon. :)

Anyway, good work. Very much appreciated.

3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @EinhanderX
    As long as no other group or individual subber has already called dibs on them and has already started working on it... I noticed UKN48 has already volunteered to do Reinya's PV, but maybe it's just an one-off thing.
    There are some PVs that I found interesting and I might want to sub and share them, if possible.
    Also, I'm going to assume you are referring to Katomina's or Gatanee's, right?

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  4. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Cisalpine88
    While both Katomina or Gatanee are indeed...informative, they are popular enough in the international fandom that I can assume it's currently being worked on or already done somewhere on the web. Who knows?
    I'm talking about Misuzawa Ayaka and Nishimura Nanako. The former since it's the last of her. The latter because indirectly, it's not just about her, but also every KKS in the emerging group of NGT48.

Then again, I don't know which PVs you found interesting. So I'll leave it at that. :)

5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Ah, I actually had in mind Katomina, Ogiyuka and Otaki's PVs when I posted that. I'll see what I can do.

---

Today's Showroom
    • Today's Cinnamon item of the day... is actually a Keroppi lunch case that she won today at the Sanrio shop (more about it in the Photolog posts). Better luck next time.
    • Maho recalling her experience at the NMB Post-Yamada Nana audition, especially the time she noticed the "difference in warmness" there was between people from Kansai and everyone else. While the only three remaining non-Kansai auditionees (which included Hiwatan too, it turns out) were tense as hell while waiting for the last examination, she was surprised that the auditionees from Kansai (about 90% of them) didn't tone down their festive mood a bit and kept chattering and taking selfies with each other unabated.
    • The Cinnamon mini-fan returns, thankfully without a single scratch. From now on she'll keep it at a safe distance, now that she "learned the lesson"
    • Maho's favorite hage talk, starting from 34:00. Spurred by a fan's comment ("Mahore —Maho's fans— are all going bald anyway") Maho tries to tell the story of a visitor who always came to the handshake event wearing a cap. One day he said he forgot to wear it, and it turned out he was actually bald as a bowling ball (cue her pulling out a Cinnamon doll to explain the course of events). Maho couldn't stop laughing while thinking about it, and was a bit ashamed about that too.

A couple of Maho-themed posts from today
    From Ogiyuka's Photolog:
    "Tornado Maho!!!!
    The part at the end where the hair got caught in the Cinnamon fan really had me laughing. (lol)
    Mahohon is really hilarious. (laugh)
    Thanks a lot (lolol)"

From Katomina's photolog
    "Sanrio Sousekyo
    Just a moment ago, I went to cast a vote together with Mahohon, here in Niigata.
    Surprisingly, today Purin-kun took the first place. Also, when I played the Sanrio Lottery I won a pair of Purin-kun beach sandals.
    I don't know where I can unleash my love for Cinnamon anymore..."

From yesterday's Photolog:
    "Rittan is the best, we love Rittan [*]
    Riko said on Showroom that she "loves Mahohon the most".
    She never says it when Mahohon is watching, but she said it at last
    Today is a memorable day in which Mahohon's love got requited"

[*] Rittan chorus from her catchphrase

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From yesterday's Photolog. It looks like the latest voting results are in, so could Maho hold herself from rejoicing? I keep wondering if all this cooperation from fans in the Sanrio sousenkyo is going to be an indication of what will happen at the AKB sousenkyo. Even though Maho hasn't shown nearly as much interest about the latter yet.

"1st place at the mid-term results!!!!!!
    #Sanrio Character Grand Prix
    The mid-term results have been announced!!!
    Cinnamoroll is first!!!!!
    Thank you to everyone who voted together with me.
    Due to what happened last year, let's stay sharp and keep working hard until the end!
    If Cinnamon is happy, I'm happy as well"

From today's Photolog. Maho explains the meaning behind her appeal video (somewhat):

"The appeal videos has been revealed!
    Did you watch it?
    I considered what people are wishing from me, as well as how I could leave a lasting impression!
    Gulp down all frustrations, and go fight in a clean, beautiful manner.
    #AKB Sousenkyo 2017"

Today's Showroom.
    • Starting from 17:10, Maho goes a little bit more indepth about the making of the appeal video. Even though people hoped for a serious comment, doing the same things as everyone else doesn't help leave a lasting impression, and I agree on that point. Later on, she also mentioned the necessity to show as many sides of yourself as possible and make best use of the ones you don't like, which she admittedly is already putting into practice on the visual side.
    • If you are wondering why in her profile Maho wrote that her favorite food is "water and salt", it's because she likes all kinds of food so she settled on choosing the one she consumes more often. In this case, it's because people from Aomori apparently add salt on just about everything. The more you know.
    • 36:00, onwards: apparently her handshake event lane has the hugest concentration of foreign fans among NGT members, 20% or so according to her estimates. In other words, Global Maho. No disclosure on the percentage of hage fans, though.
    • Cinnamon love
    • Maho going on for a disproportionate amount of time about how Riko's mannerism and upbringing reminds her of a princess out of a fairytale.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  7. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

Uemura Rina mention around 50 mins! Really awesome when my favorite idols mention/interact with each other.

8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho (along with other NGT members) will be featured on Bessatsu Kadokawa DirecT #6, a mook series by Kadokawa which I have never heard about until now.
    I have no idea what the content will be like, but it seems to be a full-on special report about the new up-and-coming members. Anyway, the fastest way to preorder it is here on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/別冊カドカワDirecT-06-カドカワムック/dp/4048960539

From the item details:

From today's Photolog:
    "With Mogu Mogu Mofu-chan
    After quite a long time, I did a Showroom broadcast together with Mogu Mogu Mofu-chan!
    You might have realized it, but I get along with Mofu quite well.
    Quite? A lot?
    We are on the same wavelength, so every day we talk and laugh together a lot"

Also from Mofu's Photolog from earlier today:
    "Mogu Mogu Mofu-chan here
    Maho-chan says this is a Mogu Mogu Pose, allegedly.
    When I told her «I thought it was a Cinnamon Pose», she replied to me «If it were Cinnamon, I would have done a cuter pose»"

Today's Showroom is a MofuMaho episode, finally they are back streaming together since who knows how long. Maybe a year.
    • Trigger warning: Mofu brings over a Pompom Purin plushie, Maho isn't exactly happy about that.
    • Since it's Mofu, the talk subject inevitably turns to (Mofu's) excessive head of hair and Mofu looking like a dogu (when she winks — check 50:48 for a practical example of it) quite a lot of times throughout the stream. At some point fans in Maho's room change to the dogu avatar and Maho freaks out in a cute way, telling them to do it in Mofu's room.
    • Also, beginning from 57:52 there's a lengthy semi-serious discussion between the two of them about how short is the alloted time at theater send-offs and handshake events, and the importance for fans to condense what they want to say in 10 characters or less, or else the members won't understand a thing of what they mean.
    • Bonus: 42:03 for a humorous take on the Showroom ranking competition:
    Mofu: "That's amazing. Comments give 1 point each. Stars give 1 point each. Though it's limited to 50 points per broadcast. But when I looked at the ranking, it was something like hundreds of thousands of points. How's that? Did they actually throw hundreds of thousands of stars?"
    Maho: "Ah... They do it in two turns, at first they throw all 99 of each, then they go gather stars again and throw them again"
    Mofu: "Wait, if the go around collecting stars they can't watch (their oshimen)"
    Maho: "That's right...!"
    Mofu: "But that's the feeling of contributing for the cause"
    Maho: "Love, isn't it? I'm starting to cry."
    Mofu: "They hold back their desire to watch what they want, and they go around other rooms to earn stars"
    Maho: "Tears are coming out..." "Give me the eyedrops~"

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Looking quite good for mahohon =D expect her to land around 30th rank at the end

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  11. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

Honestly the prelims hasn't really lined up much in terms of rank; I'd expect her to rank somewhere but 30 would be amazing, way above my expectations given how long it usually takes for a girl to rank and that typically it's gradual and slowly increases, though maybe ngt girls are different given just how many of them got really high numbers of votes. (I know aks said that the votes are fine but 50k in a day for Oniyuka is still unbelievable to me, considering that would be an astronomical number even for someone like mayuyu)

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's clip from today's preliminary results announcement. I wouldn't have expected her to receive so much support and rank that high, but now after watching today's Showroom I really feel like she needs all help we can provide. They talk about tofu mentality this and that, but Maho seriously had the roughest of all this year around, it's not just a comedic joke. (`・ω・´)
    [​IMG]

---

Tomorrow's Nikkan Sports will finally feature Maho. wkwk
    While waiting for it, here's a big high quality photo from their Twitter account.
    [​IMG]

---

Some Photolog posts from the last few days, lots of things to catch up to...

"Merchandise sale
    I showed up at the merchandise sale corner, during the third slot time.
    I'm happy to see that many people came.
    Among them, there were people who weren't my oshi, but still bought my goods. Some also said that they already owned one item of the same kind and wanted to buy another as a keepsake.
    Thank you so much.
    By all means, utilize them!"

"Handshake event
    Thank you!
    Since this was the last handshake event before the preliminary results, I was able to listen to everyone's enthusiastic thoughts.
    I realized once again that the Sousenkyo is all about love.
    And by listening to everyone's messages of love, my anxiety was also relieved!
    We are going to triumph!"

"#AKB Sousenkyo 2017 Preliminary Results
    The preliminary results have been announced!! 24th place! Undergirls!
    I'm really, really happy! Thank you so much!
    When my name got called, I couldn't stop crying. They were tears of happiness.
    Everyone cast their magic on Maho. ( ; _ ; )
    Let's rank in even in the real battle, now!
    Thank you so much, I love you!"

Showroom backlogs with some highlights, for you and me:
    • Like pretty much all members in these last couple of days, Maho announced her Sousenkyo pledge. Should Maho reach her goal and rank 50th or above at this year's Sousenkyo, she will: - make a custom calendar and distribute it to all fans through mobame, - update mobame and Photolog as many times as her rank number, for a day, - show up at a theater stage with an unusual hairstyle, chosen by fans. What about the mobame part of pledge if she ranks first? She's going to write one very long mail instead!
    • 26:33 - Apparently the infamous Cinnamon fan scene was one of the most popular topics at the latest handshake event, right after Sousenkyo. Understandably, most of the fans told her that they felt worried when they watched it...
    • On the other hand, the scene was also popular among fellow NGT members, but they found it rather funny. At 29:35 Maho shows a video of them reacting to it, and at 28:23 she imitates Ogiyuka's voice in particular when she commented on it. Anyway, yeah, she actually considered asking for advice on Chiebukuro on how solve it, but she eventually decided not. Since she would be the only one posting such a question, she thought people would immediately find out who she was.
    • 34:22 - Maho still being in disbelief at Katomina for getting all the proverbs wrong in her episode of Niigatta Friend. That eventually sparks a small debate on who's the smartest and who's the most baka in NGT, which leads to...
    • 39:59 - Maho finally realizing that Riko says the darnest, most random things while on Showroom, although she came to this conclusion only when she had to listen to her voice in background, without looking at the video. Apparently Riko's appearance gives off too much of a cute aura, which somehow makes her weird quirks seem just adorable. By the way, the context was Riko talking about how she thought rice is cute while explaining her brand new Ine Beam pose.

• Turns out that the only member's contacts on Maho's phone are Mofu, Ayakani, Riko ...and Riko's mom.
    • A cautionary tale from Maho, warning fans not to fall for mail scams. Maho told how she recently received a suspicious text message on her phone from someone claiming to be the DMM staff. The text informed the victim that they were in arrears with the payment of some fee and the company would "take legal actions" if the victim didn't send money immediately. While acknowledging it looked legit enough, luckily Maho wasn't fooled (as she didn't remember paying for any movie on DMM) and she decided to double-check. She (anonymously) phoned the sender and, to see their reaction, she pointed out that the address on the mail didn't match with what was written on DMM's site. At 08:15 there's a funny reenactment of the phone conversation she had with them. Of course the part of evil scammer getting more and more impatient about the money payment is played by a Devil Cinnamon plushie.
    • Looking back at her episode of Niigata Friend, apparently the crocodile meat tasted pretty good
    • Maho getting super serious and instructing fans on how to vote on NGT's mobile app, step by step

Today's stream starts off pretty on a happy note, and I'm really glad about that. It's clear that today's results exceeded Maho's expectations, and it's also cute to hear that Riko was close to her the whole time to comfort her. She congratulated the other members for doing well, and thanked fans for keep trusting her and making her feel useful. However, it pains me to see that she couldn't help thinking about last year's sad moments. In particular, these two parts irked me the most:
    • 12:30 - When that stupid edited video went viral in the stupid part of Twitter, Maho seriously considered quitting her job. Since before becoming an idol, she regarded idol having a scandal as some sort of "crime", so she wouldn't have ever expected to become a "criminal" herself. Seeing as how lies about her were being spread left and right, she told Etsuro (NGT's theater manager) that she wanted to give up immediately, and the two of them had a big fight over that. Her family turned a blind eye on the situation at first, and during that time she didn't have the courage to show up at NGT's workplace. To make thing worse, since she completely cut off every phone contact with her old acquaintances, it made it harder for her to endure this situation alone, without anyone to morally support her. What surprises me is that she even told Etsuro to bring out the room's security camera recordings to prove her innocence. It really pisses me off to see people make light of this event even today, someone really underestimates what a shock it could have been for her. (`・ω・´)
    • 42:57 - Leaving aside her Cinnamon puppet show, this is a conversation that Maho had with Etsuro quite recently, which proves what a real shithead he is. Here Maho talked with him about her rank in the Rakuten Sousenkyo and how her fans are doing their best to avenge her. All Etsuro did was laughing it off and saying that it was all pointless, that it was just a strategy of her to get back on foot after falling down, that she wouldn't have had a chance of ranking in at Sousenkyo. Even after Maho tried to stress it to Etsuro that her fans were working hard on supporting her, his reply was just "We'll see at the preliminary results". It's pretty obvious that he wasn't going to push anyone unless they did rank in the Sousenkyo preliminaries, no matter how hard they worked during the rest of the year. Without any hard feelings for Rika and all the other members, I can say I'm really pleased that results turned out like this and all of his protegees ranked at the near bottom, in retrospect. The old man really needed a reality check and realize that each fan have their own favorite to support, I'm glad it came so soon.
    With that said, I hope Maho will get a good ranking in the final results as well.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    After seeing ogiyuka getting 55k I'm officially a believer of niigata people's.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

For the record, it was happened during his time in SKE as well. So much that people start thinking he is playing a devil advocate card to ensure more sales flow.
    Expect more of this behavior in the future, I should say.:rolleyes:

15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @EinhanderX And I'm going to bet that Imamura expected Rika to be the only one to rank in at the preliminaries (and at a decently high position too), this way he would've got the confirmation he needed to keep pushing her in everyone's face for yet another year. How funny that things turned out like this instead, in hindsight.
    Still, how the hell can a manager judge a member's worth and who gets a push based only on SSK (preliminary) rankings, all the while blindly ignoring the rest? And I'm not talking about handshake sales, either, when I say "the rest". Members keep saying (or rather, they are made to say) that SSK isn't the be-all and end-all, but I'm happy someone actually revealed how things really work behind the scenes.
    I only have to wonder, if someone let slip Imamura's attitude toward SSK before the announcement and their fans knew in advance, perhaps we would've seen even more NGT members ranking in, if only to make a statement against the NGT management.

---

Quick translation of Maho's entry on Nikkan Sports

"Moreover, #Mahohon aka #Yamaguchi Maho, who bursted into the 24th place at the preliminary results, makes an appearance on the Sousenkyo serialized feature which will be out on today's Nikkan Sports

What's inside the mind of this magical girl ...!?"

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/nikkan_ngt/status/870139585019490305
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/1833169.html

[​IMG]

(1) Aomori
    (2) Not ranked
    (3) I have a good memory, and I'm working on perfecting my beauty style. On the opening gravure of Young Jump, I learned how to pose and display myself, I was able to show a fresh new version of me. At the 48 Group Sports Event, I scored a goal at the penalty shoot-outs, achieving our victory on that instant. My goal is 50th place, the same as the entry number I had at the audition.

* (1) Birthplace (2) Last year's ranking (3) Self-appeal comment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's inside Yamaguchi Maho (NGT48)'s mind?
    Anemia 25%
    Sense of beauty 25%
    Idols 50%

What is a "search term" you think represents yourself and is appropriate to you?

NGT48, Entry number 50

---

Promotional pic from NGT's mobile site, showing the countdown to ballot counting

[​IMG]

---

Update pack from Photolog:

#Ogino Yuka
    Yuka-chan came in first at the preliminary results!!!!
    Amazing!!
    Congratulations
    When they said "Who's first?!", I was wondering "Maybe Yuka is first"!
    I'll keep working hard to rank in the Top 50, so that I can enliven NGT too!"

Kado-chan's Photolog:
    "Maho-chan
    Maho-chan ranked 24th at the preliminary results! Amazing.
    Also, when I saw Maho cry after hearing the announcement, I felt like crying too.
    Congratulations!"

"#Top 100 Notable Members[*]
    ...which Yamaguchi Maho isn't part of.

However, maybe I'm in the first place, among those who aren't in the Top 100 Notable Members!
    There really are people out there who are paying attention to me... :cry:
    Since there's people who support me, I'll keep working hard without giving up!
    Even in the actual battle, let's rank in!
    #Please cast a spell on Maho"

[*] Maho refers to the list included in this year's Sousenkyo Guidebook. She's commenting on how this year around she didn't appear in it, but she managed to rank in nonetheless.
    "#PickingCherries
    It's been a while since I last picked cheries!!
    Riko, you shouldn't give up twintails!!
    If anything, please, wear twintails every day"

"Okinawa Mahohon
    Today it was Okinawa-style Mahohon
    Getting really mindful about current events!!
    Anyway, when I listened to what fans had to say, they were like "Will we do it safely at the Sousenkyo?"
    There's no such thing as "secure" in Sousenkyo...
    There's lots of emphasis on the preliminary results, and so after many people made it to the rankings, anxiety also rose...
    I want to rank in! ( ; _ ; )
    Please, let's walk along together ( ; _ ; )"

2017.06.02 Showroom
    I love when Maho has these streams where every theme is linked to each other like a daisy-chain and you never know where the discussion will eventually lead to.
    • As pointed out, Maho is currently ranked first in the Rakuten Sousenkyo. Maho herself noticed it as well, which made her rejoice for ranking #1 for the first time ever. Whether Imamura will acknowledge the efforts from her fans or not is still unknown, but as Maho said "let's show our worth to Imamura".
    [​IMG]
    • Which leads Maho to talk about her tendency to buy anything online, especially on Rakuten where she proudly confesses to be a Diamond User. Since you can stock up on stuff in a bulk without the need to step outside, Rakuten is surely the best friend for a hikkikomori like herself, she says. Also, her last order this month was a pack of 48 bottles of sparkling water ("Yes, 48. I'm very mindful of such things")
    • Which leads Maho to consider how it's much more convenient than going to the convenience store every time, especially when you live deep in the sticks like Aomori, where public transportations are scarce and train stations empty. Over there, if you don't own a car you are cut off from civilization. In short, inaka aru aru.
    • Which leads Maho to reveal that while she has a driving license, she's just a "paper driver" and hasn't ever driven a car for real (making Otaki the only NGT member who does). Earlier in the broadcast, a fan from the Showroom crowd also commented that he wanted to see Maho's driving skills, Maho was quick to seize the opportunity and expressed her wish to have a car-driving episode of Niigatta Friend, together with Nakaoka and Kokado. Of course, Maho herself would be the one behind the wheel. Niigatta Friend staff, if you listened to it please let Maho's dream come true, it's much better than having to see shopping arcades with closed shutters every time. (*・人・*)
    • Today's Cinnamon item of the day is another recent purchase still in the original box: a bathrobe Cinnamon coming with a mini-bathtub and a towel (which Maho marvels at how finely done it is)

---

As usual, a small collection of photos from yesterday's two-shot event. I love how Maho has fully embraced the dekodashi style after being ashamed of it for so long. Also, the contrast between the mature look she chose for this photo session and the Cinnamon gadgets she brought over as table decorations really give a nice example of the gap between look and personality which makes Maho so charming. (`・ω・´)
    The pose with fingers pointed upwards is Rittan's new Ine Beam, anyway.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. kuchiyu

kuchiyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    @Cisalpine88 I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you're doing at keeping this thread alive and well :1st: I always look forward to reading your Maho posts (even if I don't post on this forum often myself) since I don't usually have the ability to keep up with showrooms
    I hope she reaches her goal this ssk!

17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Cisalpine88
    Ever watched SKE member video when they give some encouraging message to Imamura during NGT theater opening day?
    It's the part of the rest members he blindly ignored during his time.

Makes some people think if he is really that evil or that's how his managerial style, to act evil and purposely triggering fans to band up for the "underestimated fans fave", from behind the scene.

No one really know. And fans can only support their girl anyway.

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Translation of the Q&A interview with Maho from Girls #49. Re-reading it, I realized it's brimming with references that need a bit of explanation, so enjoy...

[​IMG]

Maho-chan and Aya-chan will each pick up 10 cards from inside the question box, and they'll give an answer to them. Lots of questions covering various genres will pop up. We are going to discover a surprising side of them that we never knew before. Anyone who wants to meet the two of them at the NGT48 handshake event will surely find some useful discussion starters inside.

1. What do you like about Niigata?
    It's a very typical answer, I know, but their food is delicious. Food as a basic sustenance is very important, so I'm glad that the food here tastes great. (laugh) I simply love eating. As for Niigata's specialities, I like tarekatsudon and hekisoba. I and Aya-chan have gone to the restaurant to eat tarekatsudon together in the past.

2. Is there anything you collect?
    I like Sanrio's character Cinnamoroll, I have collected lots of related items. This year is exactly its 15th anniversary, so I went to the convenience store to play the Cinnamoroll Lottery. I wanted to get the cushion with built-in speakers, which was the top prize, so I ended up drawing lots of lottery tickets. (laugh) I still didn't get the one I wanted, but at the second store I went to, I won it at last.

3. What's something you are surprisingly good at?
    Sports and study. I'm seen as bad at athletic activities, but at the football match of the Sports Event I scored a goal at the penalty shoot-outs and achieved victory. Also, during a live TV show in Niigata, we had a free throw competition with the professional basketball player Igarashi Kei and I won. As for study certifications, I have a Kanji Aptitude Test certificate, an English Proficiency certificate, a Math knowledge certificate, a Scientific knowledge certificate, a Word Processor certificate, a Bookkeeping certificate, etc... Plenty of them.
    Also, I own a car driving license too.
    Aya-chan's remark
    It's a bit scary, I wouldn't want to get on a car driven by Maho. (laugh)
    Actually, that's incredibly safe. (laugh)

4. Is there any food you are good at cooking?
    I wouldn't call it cooking, but I can break eggs using only one hand. (laugh) I did some cooking broadcasts on SHOWROOM, together with NGT48 member Sugahara Riko, where we made omurice, curry rice, as well as a Christmas cake. She praised me for my manual skills.

5. Is there any hobby subject that you are really knowledgeable about, more so that anyone else?
    Home appliances. Even if I don't buy them, I love going to the electronics store to check them. I constantly look at the Internet rankings of the most popular home appliances, too. These days, the ones I'm keeping an eye on are humidifiers. Still, when it comes to humidifiers, there's plenty of them, such as ultrasound types, steam types, hybrid types. Regarding the ultrasound types, I heard that cleaning the filter is a real hassle, so I suggest getting the steam types to anyone who wants to buy a humidifier.

6. What's your favorite Niigata-ben word?
    "Dakara sa~". When people from Tokyo hear it, they are expecting the sentence to continue, thinking I meant "that's because...". However, in Niigata and Aomori, where I was born and raised, it means "it seems so". Like, "Looks like it'll rain today" "Dakara sa~".

7. With 100 points being a perfect score, how would you rate your feminine fashion charm?
    I don't have any.
    Aya-chan's remark
    That's not true, you do. You own lots of fashionable clothes and can wear them perfectly and with ease. You are also an expert of cosmetic products.
    If that counts as feminine fashion charm, then it's 60 points.

8. What's a word that makes you happy when people tell it to you?
    Anything makes me happy, but lately members have been telling me "I feel happy when Maho praises me"
    Aya-chan's remark
    Mahohon is someone who says things straightforward, so when she gives me a compliment about my makeup or hairstyle, I really think that it looks great on that day. That makes me so happy.

9. What's something you are proud of?
    There's nothing. (laugh) Oh, sometimes I get told that my arms and legs are slender. The stylist compliments me about that.

10. What Niigata confectionery do you like the most?
    Bakauke! I even bought the LINE stamps of Bakauke mascot characters, Barin and Borin. The first solo job I had the chance to do was at the ceremony where I was appointed as Bakauke PR ambassador. I was so happy. Afterwards, I had a strong emotional attachment to it. When I told that living on my own was hard, the original seller, Kuriyama Beika, sent me a big supply of Bakauke. Thank you for constantly supporting me!

Footnotes (numbered by question):
    [2]
    Nothing to add here anymore
    [3a] The basketball challenge part refers to an episode of Smile Stadium, which you can watch here. You may notice how the TV staff probably expected Maho to fail the challenge, and displayed X Too Bad on screen, before quickly switching to O Rencon GET when she succeeded (Rencon being the food prize). Maho herself noticed it too while watching the recordings, and she sometimes likes to retell about this episode, not without a hint of pride. Like here in this Showroom broadcast.
    [3b] I tried to do a research on what certifications they may be, based on the names written in the original inteview. For those who care here's what I found:
    English Proficiency certificate: STEP EIKEN
    Math knowledge certificate: Suugaku Kentei Standardized test certifying a full knowledge in the mathematic subject, levels are according to education type (elementary, middle, high, university), since Maho was a honor student at high school, it would likely be level anything between 2 and intermediate-1.
    Scientific knowledge certificate: Rika Kentei Standardized test certifying a full knowledge in scientific matters, levels are according to education type (elementary, middle, high, above), since Maho was a honor student at high school, it would likely be level 2
    [4] Can't find any SR recording of MahoRiko cooking omurice, but it must have been broadcast on August 16, 2016, based on Twitter references, any link would be appreciated. Edit: By chance, I discovered a video here: LINK
    For MahoRiko cooking curry rice: LINK1 LINK2
    For MahoRiko preparing the Christmas Cake together: LINK
    Also, in reality when Riko wanted to praise Maho for her manual skills, she had one of her jikoriko moments. She had a slip of tongue, and instead of saying "tesabaki" she ended up saying "Mahohon no tebasaki sugoi". Maho poked fun at Rittan for it for quite some time afterwards. If you ever come across Maho doing Rittan's imitation of that scene, now you know how it all started.
    [5] For more about Maho and her love for electric appliances, make sure to check this segment of Niigatta Friend which I subbed some time ago (shameless self-promotion, I know~)
    [10] You can find a (rather old) PR video of the members giving a speech as Bakauke PR ambassadors here. Also here's another funny CM special where the members come up with new flavors, which were later released in a limited edition. Of course, Maho appears extensively in both of them.

---

Took NGT's official Twitter a while to advertise it, but here's a reference to Maho's appearance on the next issue of DirecT. Also, Naka no Hito is at it again with his dry humor.
    "[Beauty] Ayakani (Tano Ayaka) and Mahohon (Yamaguchi Maho) have been selected for the feature "The 10 fresh visual members of the 48 groups - The most beautiful group is 48!", which will be on Bessatsu Kadokawa DirecT 06, on sale on June 8th.
    They look so gorgeous on the magazine pages. That's because they don't speak aloud on it."

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/872094491137593344

---

Maho's comment about the stage senshuuraku:
    "#Senshuuraku
    The last day of the Pajama Drive stage was so fun!!!
    Thank you everyone for this year of Pajama Drive stage! We had many fond memories!
    We could get through this one year period thanks to everyone watching over us.
    Thank you everyone, really."

"Temodemo no Namida
    This is an unit song I love so much, so I was so happy to be in charge of it.
    I had the chance to perform it at the solo concert, too."

---

2017.06.05 Showroom
    Well, I guess that after the initial happiness, it was to be expected that some uncertainty would set in.
    Yesterday's episode is basically a reiteration of what she said on Photolog, with Maho taking some time off to evaluate her chances of ranking in. While she acknowledges that for Ogiyuka, Hinatan and Okappa victory is pretty much guranteed, she considers what's the amount of votes necessary for borderline rank-in and calculated that maybe the number is too big for her to accomplish it.
    I still like how at the end, Maho just turns to the viewers and asks "would you be satisfied with just ranking 24th at the preliminaries?", as if to avoid putting any more pressure on fans who are already fighting this year's Sousenkyo on three fronts (actual Sousenkyo, Rakuten Sousenkyo and, well... Sanrio Sousenkyo).
    Pretty cool-headed consideration at the end of the stream, ending it on an optimistic note: "There's people who say Sousenkyo is a sort of waypoint. It started when people said 'It shouldn't be only the management who gets to decide, bring in fan opinions too!'. Therefore, as someone who's more part of the 100 or 222 non-Notable People, who never stood as center unlike Hinata, Moeka and Yuka, I started wondering if this is the right place for me. However, isn't it about subverting the order from the bottom? I thought I'd like to subvert this established order!"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @kuchiyu Always glad to be of use to someone. (´▽`)

@EinhanderX
    I haven't checked the video yet, but if even members themselves are complaining about it, it must be something more than just a facade.
    During the same stream, Maho also mentioned that Gatanee had a discussion with Imamura about her position in the group when the two of them attended Kojimatsuri, so it's definitely not only a problem that is limited to Maho.
    What Imamura didn't factor in in his plans is that in NGT hako-oshi don't seem to exist, so...

---

Some choice Photolog posts from today

"I will appear on the Niigata edition of Nikkan Sports which will be on sale today! Ta-daah!
    If you wish, please check it out, okay"

"#Bessatsu Katokawa Direct

On Bessatsu Katokawa Direct, due out tomorrow, I have been selected as one of the 10 visual members of the 48 group.
    Much obliged.
    I feel that the makeup turned out to be mature-looking, unlike my usual self, so make sure to check it"

---

Today's Showroom
    • Right from the start: Maho coping with grass allergy and mosquito bites after they shot the last set of NGT photocards in the damn woods → Having to stuff up her runny nose with so many tissues it looks like Santa's moustaches → Might as well go take Santa's cap to complete the Christmas "costume" → Maho's cute reaction when she finds out that her nose had turned red: "Ah, now I've become a reindeer" → (fast forward to 16:20) "Maho has to be the only one doing a Sousenkyo Showroom dressed as Santa... It seems so. But I must be the fashion leader, so I need to adopt trends as soon as possible. If you ask for my prediction as a fashion leader, in December everyone will be wearing the same clothes. I can foresee it, even though it's 6 months from now, this hat will be all the rage" ( ̄∀ ̄*)
    • Some talk about her Nikkan Sports interview, Maho acknowledges that being the "post-Kojiharu" is a hard act to follow, since Kojiharu is irreplaceable
    • Some talk about Kadokawa DirecT, also in reference to what Naka no Hito wrote on the official Twitter: " 'I'm beautiful as long as I don't start speaking' is becoming my promotional tagline, isn't it?"
    • Some talk about Riko's mannerisms during her SR streams, especially at 41:30 she talks about how one time she intruded in her SR room as a viewer. On the moment Riko asked the audience who was their STU oshimen, Maho successfully incited everyone to answer "Mahohon" en masse.
    • 1:09:27 AkiP shows up at the last minute to watch Maho's stream and throw some stars, much to Maho's surprise and disbelief. Pretty much the best highlight of this episode, just look at Maho's excitement.
    • 1:14:00 Funny episode about Maho's inability to tell lies. When she recently went to a newly-opened beauty salon, she tried not to reveal much about herself, but the beautician recognized her immediately because they remembered seeing her Kikusui advertisement poster on Lovela's building.

---

Today's issue of Nikkan Sports featuring Maho

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    From last year's unranked status, a great leap to the 24th position at the preliminary results

Yamaguchi Maho on her last stand

Only 10 days are left before the 9th AKB48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17th of this month, Okinawa, Toyosaka Chura SUN beach) will be held. In this 5th part of "Pick-up Girls", introducing NGT48's noteworthy members, Yamaguchi Maho (21) steps in. A great admirer of Kojima Haruna (29), who graduated from AKB48 this April, Niigata's topmost cool beauty now aims for the rank-in status that she yearned for.

Cool bijin
    At the preliminary results that were announced on May 31, with about 10,000 votes collected, you managed to enter in the 24th position. Given that last year you didn't rank in at both the preliminary results and the final ballot counting, this was a very happy surprise.
    Yamaguchi: While the preliminary results were being announced, once they got to around the 50th position and my name wasn't called yet, I cried for the first time as I thought "It's all useless". Then, later on, my name got called at the 24th position. I didn't think I would get to a position so high, it really made me happy. I want to find a word greater than "thank you", but I can't find any. Therefore, I'd like to properly rank in at the actual event.

Ever since last year's Sousenkyo you showed a strong determination, saying that "By ranking in, I want to change my standing and my current condition. I want to overturn everything". This year too, your thoughts remain the same.
    Yamaguchi: I feel that this year is the year of the decisive battle. Meaning that if I don't rank in, then it will be all in vain. If I don't manage to do it this year around, then I'll have to start thinking extensively about my future from now on.

Unlike last year, I feel there's a momentum going on. Among the members whose names were announced at the preliminary results, 11 members from NGT48 ranked in. Other 3 members, including Ogino Yuka (18) who got the first place, also ranked on top of Yamaguchi.
    Yamaguchi: Seeing the members getting called made me happy as if it were myself. The general mood turned into something like "Niigata is strong". Receiving attention is an opportunity in itself. Since we finally had our major debut this April, I want everyone to feel that this year is NGT's year.

"I'll go for the post-Kojiharu"

The Internet shopping site Rakuten is also holding a voting event called "AKB48 Rakuten Oshimen Sousenkyo", aimed at the buyers who purchased any copy of the single "Negaigoto no Mochigusare" coming with a Sousenkyo voting ticket. In it, Yamaguchi ranked first at the mid-term results (2nd day of the month at the moment of writing this). Even there, three members from NGT48 managed to rank in triumphantly, among such popular members as AKB48's Watanabe Mayu and SKE48's Matsui Jurina.
    Yamaguchi: Regarding the Rakuten Sousenkyo, the member who ranks first will have a special featured page on the site for the following one-year period, as an exclusive prize. Therefore, I want to aim for the top. I'm a Rakuten heavy user as well, since I'm also a Diamond club member. (laugh) I cannot lose.

You hold a great admiration for Haruna Kojima, who graduated on April. You have set it as your dream to become a model, just like Kojima, who served as an exclusive model on fashion magazines. Before joining the group, you aspired to become a designer, and in general you are extremely sensible toward fashion and beauty care. Your popularity among the kind of female audience who tends to read fashion magazines is also starting to become tangible, which is strengthening your self-confidence.
    Yamaguchi: I'd want to go for the "Post-Kojiharu" role. As of late, the number of female fans at the handshake event has increased. Foreigners too, they learned about me somewhere and many came to meet me, even though they knew absolutely nothing about NGT48. I'd want to increase the number of NGT48 fans from now on.

Riding on the sensation
    The actual ballot counting that will probably change destiny is drawing near, at only 10 days from now. Lastly, we asked for one last word she'd like to tell to fans.
    Yamaguchi: "Let's rank in at all costs". Please, write down just that.
    Not a single sign of letting her guard down. Until that moment when her name will be called again, she'll charge forward together with her fans.

"If I don't rank in, I'll consider my future from now on"

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

As I said, no one really know. But Imamura aside, I guess it was a good thing that hako-oshi was credited for some outstanding stuff happened recently. May it not become a derogatory joke in the future.
    I guess I have spoken enough. Please excuse me.