1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    It's less than 12 hours for everybody in the earth, unless you're travelling near the speed of light. :p

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's comment about today's appearance on Music Festival:
    "#TV Tokyo Music Festival
    I had the chance to appear on it!
    We had the opportunity to perform Seishun Dokei on TV once again and get people to know about us and this song. It was a real honor.
    Seishun Dokei is such a great song, so I want lots of people to learn about it~"

Also, from Miharu's Photolog:
    "Aomori
    Together with Maho-chan, I want all people of the Aomori prefecture to know about NGT48 too~
    Moreover, in addition of course to Niigata's qualities, I wish we could also help spread the word about Aomori's qualities too.
    I hope that NGT48 will spread its wings and reach all of the country.

People from the Aomori prefecture!
    Please, give NGT48 your support"

---

Today's last-minute Showroom.
    Back to the home base in Niigata. It seems that TV Tokyo's programming didn't get broadcast in Niigata and the Tohoku area yet, which is unfortunate. I still find it endearing that Maho's first concern was to let her parents know if the TV channel is visible from where they live. On the upside, she was happy to read that those who watched the show could got a clear sight of her during the performance. Mitsukemahohon.
    (Mod edit: removed dead video link)

Bonus:
    Short promotional video from the official Twitter account of Music Festival, featuring Maho among other NGT members
    https://twitter.com/teretoongakusai/status/879994936904384512

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well... Due to some interesting twist of fate, today was both the day of NGT's new stage and the day the results of the Sanrio Sounsenkyo would be announced. More interestingly, it turns out that Cinnamon won by a huge margin. It goes without saying that Maho's SNS activity today was split between these two themes (although not quite evenly~).

---

From Kitarie's Twitter:
    "They're all following patiently the Sanrio Sousenkyo :lol: #NGT48"
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/Rie_Kitahara3/status/881390204887515136

From Tsugumin's Photolog:
    "Cinnamon. The first place at the Character Grand Prix was Cinnamoooon!
    MinaMaho were crying from happiness!!! Congratulations. ヽ(´▽`)/
    Alriiiiight! Let's give our best at the new theater stage, next~!"

Also, a collection of the most notable Photolog posts from today:
    "#SanrioCharacterGrandPrix
    Cinnamon is first!
    Yaaaaaay!
    Thank you everyone for casting your votes. It is such a joy.
    Now let's give our best at the Shonichi!"

After the stage's shonichi:
    "#Hokori no Oka stage
    NGT48's new stage turned out to be Hokori no Oka.
    Who would've expected it! Suprisingly, an original stage!
    The clothes are cute too!"

"Hokori no Oka stage costumest
    This is the costume for Hokori no Oka's stage!
    Those are the clothes that AKB48 members will wear on pachi-slots, but they are also perfect as NGT's costumes with their NGT48 color"

"#Cinnamon #1
    Congratulations for your first place, Cinnamon.
    Thanks to Cinnamon, I felt hyped up and my nervousness also calmed down!"

Backstage photo of Maho's unit "Inori wa Donna Mirai mo Shiawase ni Kaeru", from Renapon's Photolog
    [​IMG]

---

Various screencaps from the MC of today's stage performance:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

---

And lastly, today's Showroom
    • If you were expecting Maho to talk at lenght about today's shonichi, you don't know Maho enough. In reality, today's episode is all about celebrating Cinnamon's victory at the Sanrio Character Grand Prix. Since the results announcement and the stage rehearsals started at exactly the same time, Maho almost feared she'd miss it. Thankfully, she and the other members managed to return just in time to watch the Best 10 announcement. And, unlike last time, this year she cried tears of happiness.
    • Also, Maho's heart went out to Cinnamon, commenting of how neglected he is compared to other popular Sanrio characters. As an example, she brings up how he has fewer official goods at the official store than any of them. She adds that last year, even though he didn't do anything wrong, people bullied and bashed Cinnamon on Twitter, calling him ugly and all, and she felt bad about it. When she mentioned that they resemble each other in that regard, Showroom viewers started remarking that it's "Just like Maho", but she begged them not to say things so straightforward, while smiling embarrassedly. Anyway, likening her story to Cinnamon's, she hoped that after ranking in she'd have more dedicated merchandise and maybe a calendar too this year.
    • At 20:52 someone informs Maho that yet another Cinnamon lottery is about to start. Maho has the most surprised reaction you can imagine and she almost chokes from the amazement. She then proceeds to cool herself down with everyone's favorite mini-fan, before checking if the information is correct. At the same time, Maho now fears that she'll have to go through another month of eating little to nothing in order to save up money to expand her collection. To explain Maho's dilemma with her own words: "Eh, how cute. But I will never use it, so I don't need it. However, if I don't buy it, the sales of Cinnamon goods will not go up, so the number of Cinnamon goods will become even fewer. Cinnamon would be sad. Alright, let's buy it!"
    • Today's Cinnamon item of the day is a big kettle with Cinnamon's face printed of it. Appearently it's a "last special" lottery prize that Maho didn't even hope to win, she said that she's not going to use it even once for fear that it'll turn black easily, so she'll keep it just as a decoration.
    • Finally, at 40:58 Maho remembers to talk about the new stage. She starts off by asking viewers what stage they were expecting to see. Regarding her unit's costume, she mentions how it's the one that exposes the most skin, even though it may not seem so at first glance because of the white fabric. It's inteded to have an alien and futuristic theme to it, which reminds Maho of Perfume for some reason (I'd have guessed Pink Lady's UFO, myself). It seems some members weren't exactly happy about wearing it because they thought it didn't look good on them. As for Maho, she disliked it simply because it left too much skin exposed, but Rie still reassured her that it looked best on her.
    • Maho spends some time talking about how people have started praising her more about her looks, now that she switched to side-swept bangs, including Renacchi who she met again during the Mizugi Surprise shootings. Which is surprising, since a little while ago, keeping her bangs in order was her obsession, just like Mayuyu during her young years. Even Maho agrees that this way of treating bangs like her life depended on it was somewhat of a "syndrome". On a side note, she reveals that bangs are the best way to hiding your face's true condition, which is why at auditions you need to pull up your hair to reveal it.
    • Also, some more about the new stage at 1:01:41. Among other things, apparently the costumes that they got to wear are hand-me-downs after all, and even had the AKB member's name tags on it (obviously since it's the AKB members that will appear on Team Surprise videos). Still, while not properly an original stage, it's still going to be a stage you're only going to see in NGT. A "rare stage", indeed.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol I was wondering what they were praying for in that tweet, thanks!

And yeah those futuristic outfits were kind of meh for me too.

5. machina

machina Kenkyuusei

i really like them but im a big perfume fan :D

6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From today's Photolog:
    "#Saitsuyo
    This time, I have learned a new term.
    『Saitsuyo』
    It's not an abbreviation for "Rhinos are strong".
    [*]
    It's not a nickname for Saitou Tsuyoshi-san, either.
    It seems that in today's Japan, you say "saitsuyo" to indicate something that's the strongest...
    I'm surprised... Extremely saitsuyo..."

[*] To understand the pun: in Japanese, rhino is "sai" and strong is "tsuyoi"
    "#Murakumo Fuuka Birthday
    Happy birthday! Today is the birthday of Murakumo Fuka, "Mofu-chan".
    While I still hold a grudge about that plushie I got last year for my birthday, which didn't look even a bit like Baymax and was more like a mummy the size of a pinky finger... I still fully joined in the celebrations!
    Here's wishing good luck to this 20-year old Mofu!"

[*] Some extra context for this one: yesterday Mofu was doing a SR stream where she basically stayed up all night until her 20th birthday.
    While at it, she thought of using Ayakani's phone to call all the friends in her contact list and give them one last salute as a teenager before midnight struck. Also, more importantly, because she wanted to ask what present they were planning to give her.
    For some reason, Mofu was obsessed with wanting a Gucci wallet, so she pestered a bunch of NGT members such as Gatanee and even Izumin (AKB's 16th gen) about it. I think that with Izumin it was mostly a joke, but of course, they all politely declined since it was beyond expensive. When it was the turn to call Maho, the first thing she told her was "So, I want a wallet...". Sensing what Mofu implied, Maho took it as an opportunity to remind Mofu that last year she gave Mofu a big Pompom Purin cushion as a present, but all that Mofu gave her in return was some tiny Baymax plushie. Not just that, since Mofu is apparently also a cheapskate, it was also a knockoff she bought for 200 yen.
    If you are interested, you can watch the whole back and forth here. It drags on for some more time.
    "#ANN
    I'll appear on Nippon Housou's All Night Nippon, starting from 01:00
    It's my first ANN! I'm really happy, since it's a radio show I always listen to.
    Please listen to it if you wish!
    I'll be waiting for (listener's) mails, too!"

---

Pre-ANN show:
    Also, Maho winning the poll for the best self-appeal comment. What's funny is that she wasn't even a contestant and just grabbed a number sign as soon as the voting part started. (゚∀゚*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

ANN proper:

• To commemorate Mofu's 20th birthday, this episode's general theme was about things to do as an adult and what mental image people have about adulthood. Some of the topics were picked up from viewer's mails, others were proposed by members themselves (Maho was surprisingly proactive in that regard)
    • Speaking of which, Maho eventually paid a visit at Mofu's house after midnight and they had some shochu high-ball together. Mofu didn't get drunk at all even when they got to the third, strongest alcohol level. According to Mofu, Maho handles it quite well too. Maho remarks that it's completely the opposite with Gatanee, who gets drunk after the first shot and even starts singing when inebriated.
    • At some point, the topic shifted to what places are fine (or not) to go to alone once you're an adult. Rika points out that the staff often says they happen to see Maho at a bunch of places walking around on her own. Maho adds that yesterday she planned to go out with Riko to pick blueberries together (reaction from the members: "kawaii, idol-like!"), but it rained heavily in Niigata on that day, so instead she resorted to go to the cinema alone.
    • Through the radio show, members held a survey among themselves to see who, in their opinion, had showed the most adult-like behavior. Each member "voted" by pointing their fingers at the same time. Maho was the winner of both the middle and the final surveys. For the record, Maho's choice fell on Katomina, the reason being that she is normally calm and poised, and also big-hearted. "Even when she is with Rika, she accepts anything".
    • Near the end, a viewer sent in a mail saying that, to him/her, "A woman who can be considered an adult should be able to tell a scary tale in a realistic way". This kicked off a little corner where several members tried their hand at telling horror stories, while creepy music played in the background. In the meantime, Ayakani was freaking out and covering her ears out of fear. As for Maho's segment, here's a transcript:
    Maho: "It's quite an old story. I heard that once a couple was driving in their car in a mountain recess. As they were driving through, the girlfriend felt someone called her from behind. But there was no one. No one. Then, she told someone had tapped her on the shoulder. The boyfriend reassured there was no one and thought she was joking. They entered a tunnel. Then exited it. The girlfriend exclaimed that there was definitely someone. The boyfriend repeated that there was nothing, but as soon as he turned back... the rear window was FULL of handprints"
    *Rika's freaked out reaction*
    Katomina: "Wait a second... Which part is the rear window?"
    *Everyone bursts out laughing*
    [break]
    Rika: "You said there's a continuation, Mahohon"
    Maho: "Yes, where was I?"
    Members: "The hands..."
    Maho: "Ah yeah. Kani, please listen to the continuation~"
    Ayakani: "No, no, no"
    Maho: "It was filled with handprints. Since they wanted to clean them away, they stopped at a gas station. They requested the gas station staff to remove them, they tried as hard as they could. But no matter how much they scrubbed away, they didn't go away. «Why don't they go away?» «Please, remove them!» «Excuse me, but... it seems that the glass is smeared from the inside»"
    Maho: "Kani is smiling while covering her ears"
    • Since one of the fixed cameras was set up right behind Maho, she had fun doodling around some messages and displaying them to viewers during the show's breaks. So here's a gallery to top it off:
    El Shimauma
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Question to viewers: "What do I want to eat right now?"
    Answer: "It was mango"
    Extra comment later into the show: "Thank you for the delicious mango, people of Okinawa"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    "Watanabe Mayu-san, are you watching?"
    [​IMG]
    "Congratulations on your first place, Cinnamon" and "I wanna play the Cinnamon Lottery"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    One more "I support Maho" shimauma before the ending
    [​IMG]

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some follow-up posts about yesterday's ANN, from Photolog:
    "#ANN
    Thank you for listening to my first All Night Nippon.
    I'm so happy I could appear on ANN, which I listen to all the time.
    What's more, we participated as an all-NGT48 lineup. I really had fun engaging in this job.
    I managed to be elected the number one "adult woman", too, which was our talk theme.
    Also, was the horror story scary~?"

"#Adult Woman
    I was informed about the talk theme (of this week's ANN) only after I got to Tokyo, but this book I read while on my way from Niigata to Tokyo was quite "adult". (laugh)
    Maybe it's thanks to it that I could become number one?"

[Note: the book is a self-development book teaching adults how to improve their vocabulary skills. The obi strip mentions "words that can be useful for negotiations and making arguments, words that can make a conversation more sophisticated in tone, and words to convey the slightest nuances", all of which will make the reader a "capable adult". Quite surprising reading choice, actually.]
    ---

2017.07.07 update:
    Maho revealed that she'll appear on BLT very soon. The issue will be on sale on August 23, don't miss it~
    Here's a nice off-shot from today's Photolog in the meantime. It seems that her photoshoot for the magazine was just today.
    2017.07.11 update:
    There was evidently a mistake: the magazine will be UTB, not BLT. Maho issued this correction on Photolog some days later but I didn't notice it at first...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  8. SweetMouth48

SweetMouth48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    @Cisalpine88 Thank you so much for your Maho updates & translation!

9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some recent Photolog posts from the past days about her Niigatta Friend appearance (´・ω・`)

"#NiigattaFriend
    Did you watch it?
    Last time I ate a crocodile, but this time it was the crocodile that ate me.
    I wanted to keep planting rice till the end too, but heavy rain made things really hard.
    Nevertheless, we still received a reward for the rice planting.
    Also, thanks for the great hospitality we got at Koiwa-san's house. I'll start eating the rice grown by Koiwa-san, from now on."

"#Tracksuit
    Does it... look good on me?
    Although I don't know for sure if «Tracksuits look good on you» might be a compliment"

Bonus: (*´ω`*)
    "#Ainya
    There were parts in the dance routine that I couldn't perform no matter how much I tried, but I managed to after Aina instructed me.
    Not only is Aina good at dancing, she's also good at teaching. Anyway, she's so kind, she taught me everything all the way until the end.
    I have been saved so many times by Aina.
    Love you. ♡"

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From yesterday's Photolog:
    "#Kani Birthday
    Today is Kani's birthday.
    Kani is the oldest friend of mine, even after she'll graduate I'll never forget about Kani~
    Whenever I look at Osaka's Glico (Man billboard), I think back of those times.
    As for the photo, Kani was supposed to take a two-shot of us, but when I looked at it again it turned out to be an one-shot photo instead."

This may be a pretty well-known fact, depending on how closely you follow stage LODs and Showroom, but the friendship between Maho and Ayakani is kind of a special one, in that it goes back to before they even auditioned for NGT and is likely one of the most long-lasting within NGT (not including NishiOgi). Here's a clip from the 2016/05/10 stage which I think gives a pretty complete account of how this friendship came to be. Although details of the story (especially the part where they met back at the Draft venue) get brought up here and there rather often, whenever the two are together and reminisce about the old days...

Video link

Ayakani: "Actually, on this day one year ago, on May 10, I went to Tokyo with a certain member to watch the Draft Kaigi. The kouhai who was at the venue and saw the moment Yuka-chan and Marina-chan got selected to NGT was me. The instant when Yuka-chan got her name chosen and went «waaaah» was so amazing, I felt really moved. I'm happy to be able to work along with Yuka-chan, Marina-chan and all 26 NGT members."
    [...]
    Maho: "As for me, on this day one year ago, I was THAT certain person Kani mentioned just before."
    Ogiyuka: "Are you serious?"
    Maho: "We both went to see the Draft Kaigi..."
    Gatanee: "Were you friends!?"
    Maho: "Yes, we were friends. Why did you say it in Kansai-ben?"
    "We both applied for the AKB48 audition that was held before the Draft, but didn't pass. After that, there was the Draft and NGT (audition).
    I wanted to join NGT48, though.
    I considered that, if I went with Draft, I'd have no idea which group I would end up in. So we resolved to both audition for NGT. Still, we went to watch the Draft anyway.
    We both saw the moment Yuka-chan and Marina-chan were chosen, so we promised each other that we would become members as well. And we safely made it here."

*Ogiyuka bursts into tears*
    "We managed to become NGT members.
    Among the members who took the NGT audition, there was no other who got nominated (at the Draft). But Aina and the others... There was a lot of girls who passed the audition, so I'm very happy.
    Let's give our best in NGT48, from now on."
    And here's Ayakani's response to Maho from today's Photolog (obviously, she posted one reply to every member who wished her happy birthday yesterday, but this one is a bit more personal):
    "Mahohon
    -
    Thank you Maho-chan for posting a photo of me.
    Let's go eat some sudachi soumen sometimes~!
    There are some restaurants over there that are quite my favorites!
    This time, we're going to take a two-shot picture at the Glico (billboard)! (laugh)
    -"

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Small collection of photos from today's Yukata Matsuri. During the event, Maho had three different lane sessions, each with its own different theme (by the way, all infos about lanes and stages can be checked here and here on the King Records event schedule). This one was called まほほんの浴衣自撮りレーン〜くじ引きで当たったら1ショット自撮り会〜, Mahohon's yukata selfie Lane ~ "Draw the winning lottery ticket and get an one-shot selfie" Event.
    The title already speaks for itself, so there's nothing for me to do but post some of the best shots... (`・ω・´)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, there was another corner called ヨーヨー釣りレーン - Yo-yo catching Lane.
    For those who don't know already, "yo-yos" are a little toy you can get at real town festivals during summertime. They are small water-filled (or air-filled) balloons tied to a short rubber string with a small loop at the end (so that they can be easily carried around by hand and bounced up and down).
    These "yo-yos" are given away as a prize at "yo-yo catching" games. This game is usually played by using a miniature fishing pole to pick up the balloons from a small pool, hoping that the fishing hook clings on string's loop. For reference, check this.
    Of course, being Maho's original lane, the balloons they used for the game weren't ordinary balloons, but had a picture of Maho's own Shimauma character on it. Pretty cool idea.
    Between this, the official designed T-shirts, and the other original prizes that were up for grabs at her past "surprise lanes", it's safe to say that Maho's shimauma is becoming a brand in its own right. (*´ω`*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bonus: Ayakani giving a practical demonstration of how to play with the yo-yo Maho gave her.
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/888982948799578113

Later into the day, Maho held a stage event together with Moppi Okappa, but apparently nobody who attended it has shared any video of it on the usual websites yet. Bummer. (`・ω・´)

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's official explanation of her lanes at Yukata Matsuri, from her recent Photolog posts: ( ´∀`)

"#Yukata Matsuri
    The first session was the "Let's have a talk while chilling out" Lane!
    For starters, I wanted all people to leisurely take a look at my yukata, and so I went with this.
    This session consisted of having a talk while I used my uchiwa to blow some fresh air on everyone, who was sweating from the heat.
    However, my arm got tired more than I had expected. I'm sorry that instead of a strong wind you only got some light breeze.
    The muscles of my arm hurt, but I guess this is also another summertime memory."

"#Yukata Matsuri
    The second session was the "Mahohon selfie" Lane!
    Using fan's smartphones, I took a selfie of myself wearing a yukata. As such, each selfie is an one-of-a-kind photo.
    It received a very positive reception, above anything else, so I'd be happy if you could make it your lock screen or your home screen picture
    ..."

"#Yukata Matsuri
    The third session was the "Yo-yo fishing" Lane
    Since we have made it to this point, I wanted to let everyone enjoy the true atmosphere of a summer festival. With a specially-made Shimauma Yo-yo!
    It was so amazing how everyone played the yo-yo game so earnestly, to the point of forgetting even about their oshimen.
    Also, yo-yo balloons don't deflate if you store them in the freezer. Try it!"

13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some Maho x Ayanyan related posts from today's Photolog:
    "#NyanMaho
    NyanMaho had lunch together. I ordered a plate of carbonara, but to my surprise it was sprinkled with pepper, which I dislike.
    Ayanyan helped me take it off. She's so kind."

[The episode was also mentioned by Ayanyan during today's SR]
    "#Announcement
    Today, I'm going to be on Showroom on 22:00. I have an announcement for you all, so make sure to watch. (*бωб*)"

---

Also, today Maho finally held a proper Showroom stream again after some very long time. The timing is also not casual, as you'll see there's some urgent news inside...
    • Pretty much the most important point of this stream: As it was already hinted on Photolog before, there was an important announcement coming and, as expected, it was about the upcoming Janken tournament. Maho let viewers take a guess about who she decided to team up with (Kurenyan, Ayakani, Rittan and even Cinnamon were all good answers), then she officially made her announcement: Maho and Ayanyan (Miyajima Aya) are going to enter the tournament as the NyanMaho duo.
    • As an aside, Maho also mentioned how some fans told that their looks and styles are so similar, to the point that sometimes they can't tell them apart on DMM videos. This was before she switched to side-swept bangs, although apparently even Maho got confused while watching her own theater recordings on DMM.
    • Shortly after, Maho also had a small talk via SR with Ayanyan, who just made the same announcement on her stream and was now busy watching Maho from her own account. She asked what were her thoughts about being selected. Due to the poor connection, however, she preferred to reserve all comments for later...
    • While Maho was wondering about what (cosplay) costume they would wear if they make it to the final round of the tournament, some viewer suggested to go with a Cinnamon theme. Maho replied that if she had teamed up with Katomina, maybe they could have brought Cinnamon along. Since Ayanyan's image is all about frogs, Keroppi would be much more appreciated.
    • Some other viewer also brought up Mayuyu and Pompom Prin (which she appeared with in a previous Janken tournament), which prompted Maho to go pick up her Chanrio doll from the pile of plushies and talk a little about her SSK experience. She told how she was ready to scream "Eeeeeh!" from surprise, when Mayuyu announced her graduation at the event. However, since at that point she was already sitting on the stage surrounded by non-NGT members, she decided to remain silent as she was afraid that they would have given her a weird look for it. If she had been still in the audience area, among other NGT members, she says she would have definitely yelled out on that moment. After all, she also revealed that when Ayanyan was giving her speech, Maho was actually the first to cheer at her by screaming "Sonna koto nai yo". At any rate, Maho is confident that, despite being a Pompom Purin fan, Mayu probably likes Cinnamon as her second-favorite.
    • Also, some Nogizaka talk for a change, all the while while hugging a Maiyan pillow. Maho confessed that, with Mayuyu's graduation, she's been drifting toward Nogizaka recently, though she admits she's been a fan since before and had already been to lives and handshake events. It's not "wota sotsu" (graduating from being a wota), it's "wota iseki" (transfer).
    • Incidentally, Maho also told she subscribed to Maiyan's mobame. When a viewer asked if Maiyan writes on mobame frequently, Maho was a bit reluctant to answer at first but she went on to explain what's her stance on it. She explains that, in her opinion, even receiving just five mails a month is well worth the full subscription fee, since to her every single mail is precious in itself, and by the way the photos she sends are beautiful. As an extreme example, one time she opened one of Maiyan's mails expecting a selfie inside, only to find out she sent a photo of her microwave oven, but she felt happy all the same knowing that it was a photo of her personal items. Another time, Mayuyu did something similar by sending a photo of some karaage, Maho was nonetheless happy knowing that this was the karaage that Mayuyu ate. In conclusion, Maho's opinion is that as long as it's your oshimen, even one mail must be enough. It's essentially a matter of quality over quantity and how well-thought the mail is. Plus, she considers herself to be the type of wota who's thankful for anything that her oshimen does for fans, even just the fact she exists is reason enough to rejoice.
    • Maho's favorite thing about Ayanyan is her high sense of beauty, adding that they often discuss about cosmetics and such. Maho has a soft spot for girls who are cute and have an aesthetic sense, and in her eyes Ayanyan gets cuter and cuter every time she meets her, admittedly she even feels soothed by her looks. Some viewers even went on to call them the "beautiful duo" of NGT. Also, since the two of them starred together on NGT's show recently, some brief talk about her appearance on Niigatta Friend followed.
    • Don't break Maho's heart by cancelling your handshake reservations. Seriously.
    • Just a reminder from Maho that tomorrow NGT will appear at Budokan for the Sky Perfect Summer Festival.
    • It seems that, in reality, NGT members really wanted to enter the Janken tournament together as a single unit. However, from what I gather, Imamura personally rejected the idea and wanted them to enter either solo or as small units instead. Maho preferred not to go much into detail about that, though the grimace at the end still says it all...
    • The debut name for Maho and Ayanyan's unit will be simply "NyanMaho". The ideal song they'd wish to perform must have a feeling of affection and tender friendship, in the same style as TemoDemo no Namida and Junai no Crescendo.
    • Anyway, today's Cinnamon item of the day was the t-shirt she was wearing.

---

Bonus:
    Looks like that after the setbacks that Maho mentioned on ANN, she finally managed to arrange a date with Riko to pick berries~ ( ´∀`)
    From Maho's Photolog:
    "#On a date with my girlfriend right now
    I'm currently picking blueberries with my girlfriend
    #Do NOT use this for your "On a date with my girlfriend right now" things
    #She's my girlfriend!"

"#Minions
    Riko told me that she wanted to go watch the Minions, and so we went to see Despicable Me 3.
    It was really fun and Riko kept laughing and laughing.
    Also, here's a photo of 5 Minions"

Two-shot from Rittan's Photolog:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From yesterday's Photolog:
    "#Photocards
    An off-shot from this month's location-themed photocards.
    Since I don't like sea that much, there's barely any photo of me taken outside.
    Even when the photoshoot was over and everyone was playing by the sea, I just went back to the car.
    Also, I ate watermelon."

---

Today's Showroom:
    • It turns out Maho was watching Rittan's Showroom until a moment before. She starts off by confessing that watching her brough her to tears, as she realized what a good girl she is. She wondered aloud how such a pure-hearted and well-mannered girl can even exist, and begged all of her fans to go ahead and tell her that they are "a supporter of the nicest girl on earth!"
    • As Maho later explains, this is because of the circumstances surrounding this year's Janken tournament, which Riko brought up in her stream. As stated on today's NGT48 stage, at first Maho planned to team up with Riko as the "MahoRiko Sisters", but unfortunately time passed and she still got no replies from Riko regarding her offer. In the meantime, other girls also started contacting Maho to propose to form an unit together, which made Maho confused as to what decision to take. I have to say that the rage toward Imamura (for ruining NGT's original plans and wanting members to split into small units at all costs) is more than justified.
    • Regardless, even though Riko decided to apply as a solo contestant in the end, Maho is still happy about it. She didn't know just how distressed Riko was before she reached this decision, but now that she knows she just wishes people not to say anything that would make Riko suffer. In addition, Maho also revealed that Riko too had received invitations from other girls besides Maho. The sole reason she ended up applying as soloist was, as expected, because Imamura ordered her to.
    • This was explained more in-depth during Riko's Showroom today: after Riko finished filming the Junjou Yoroshiku performance at AKB48SHOW, Imamura directly approached her to inform that "Sugahara will be going solo" and immediately went on to talk about the Janken tournament. Riko says that at the time she was still on the fence on whether to enter as soloist or as a duo. I say it's not a stretch to assume that it was Imamura himself who swayed her.
    • While Maho still couldn't stop crying at the though of Riko having to face such hard decisions, she also looked at the bright side. She considers that Riko's dream was to have her own solo concert, and this will also be a chance for her to grow up, so she wishes her good luck at Janken. Her only wish is for "those adult things" to stop (referring to management meddling), or else it'd be better for everyone to decide everything right from the start.
    • According to Maho, even at today's theater performance Riko looked downhearted and didn't want to tell Maho why. No matter how hard Maho tried to make her smile, she just kept being sullen, which made Maho apprehensive. Everything finally started making sense only during her self-introduction when Riko made her announcement about Janken. Maho figured that Riko probably didn't want to reveal it at such a timing. At the same time, she concludes by repeating that Riko is truly a gentle soul and how she understands her pain, so she'll support her in her endeavors anyway.
    • Moving on, Maho asks viewers if anyone has watched Kahogo no Kahoko, a drama series currently airing on TV. She explains that this is her favorite drama of the reason and she's grown addicted to it. The reason (?) is that the protagonist reminds her of Riko's mannerisms and facial expressions, especially when she makes her surprised reactions. At any rate, she recommends fans to watch it.
    • Some viewer thanked Maho for helping Riko out during today's theater show, when she talked about Mint-kun (a light-green plushie Riko often plays and speaks with on Showroom) but none of the other members knew what she was referring to. Even Maho has to admit that lately she's been pampering Riko a lot on MCs.
    • Another viewer added: "Someday Riko will get all rebellious". Maho pointed out that actually she's currently right in the middle of that phase, but she assured that she's a good girl who never speaks ill of anyone. One more viewer asked "How did they manage to raise such a honest, nice girl?", to which Maho replied that her mom really pampers her. According to Maho's description, her mom resembles Riko a lot, they are both pretty and stylish and radiate a "nice person" aura. Rather than a mom, she's more like an elder sister.
    • To lift her mood, in the second half of the stream Maho decides to hold a special contest: whoever posts the funniest comment and makes her laugh will be the winner. Also, the prize is a cushion with Maho's SSK poster printed on it, which she brought out just a moment before to show the audience.
    • Soon enough Maho realizes that she needs to choose a simple topic to start with, or else the difficulty will be set too high. The choice falls on: things that would make you say "I hate that Mahohon"
    • Some of the best answers:
    "If in reality she was a man"
    "If she couldn't put her Cinnamon plushies in order"
    (Maho's answer: "It's not that they are put in order even now")
    "If Mahohon stirred up the audience in the middle of a song"
    "If in reality she hated apples"
    "If she only walked doing a moonwalk",
    which Maho found particularly funny
    "If she was noisier than Yamada Noe in the dressing room"
    "If in reality Mahohon wore a wig"
    (Maho's answer: "But even if I wore a wig, everyone would like me")
    "If liking Cinnamon was just an act for her character" (Maho's answer: "But for what reason would I put on such a character?")
    "If in reality she was a Purin-oshi"
    "If her lisp was business"
    "If she really wanted to become a cherry fairy"
    (like Riko)
    "If in reality she got along well with Imamura-san"
    "If her speciality was acrobatics"

"If her dream was to be a Showroomer"
    "If she had no girl fashion charm"
    "If she was a prowrestler" "...and ate proteins every day" "...and really wanted to become a prowrestler"
    "If she won the lottery all the time"
    (in reference to how unlucky she is with the Cinnamon lottery)
    • In the end Maho didn't openly announce any winner, saying instead that she found everyone amusing. As for the prize, she told that whoever wakes up tomorrow and finds this cushion at the top of their bed is the designated winner ("Like Santa"), then she wished everyone a nice night of sleep.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Compilation of Photolog posts about today's Tokyo Idol Festival:
    "#TIF
    I'm going to appear at TIF tomorrow!
    Please, be careful about the heat.
    Also, thanks to this straight hairstyle without bangs, you should be able to tell who's Mahohon even from afar."

"#TIF
    Minami's bangs after TIF was over! And mine, by comparison. (laugh)
    If you pull your bangs to the side, it never gets messy no matter how much you sweat.
    Because I end up sweating twice as much as anyone else when under the sun, I also became a pro at sticking my bangs in one place.
    And with these bangs, I bid you farewell for today."

"#TIF
    Thank you! Thank you for coming all the way here under this blazing sun.
    Did anyone have a sunstroke? Because I'm about to have oneeee! (laugh)
    Since the most important thing is everyone's health, please take good care of yourselves!"

"#TIF
    Ayakani-chaaan, she gets prettier and prettier the more I look at her.
    Even at the time when she ate a lot, she was still unbelievably thin.
    As expected, girls who are pale-skinned and thin are overwhelmingly cute."

Bonus:
    Maho meeting an old friends of hers at the event, after almost half a year (!), taken from Kurenyan's 755. Luckily for her, NGT and Team8 shared the same backstage room today. (*´ω`*)
    [​IMG]
    https://7gogo.jp/chou-kurena/141

---

Today's Showroom:
    Some talk about recently going to the beauty salon to get her hair cut. Which for some reason ended with Maho reflecting on how bad she's at picking up conversations with people, with the exception of fellow members, staff, fans ("Of course, at handshake events you must turn on your idol switch") and family members. She confesses to be painfully reminded of that every time she goes to the salon, and that the only words she tends to speak most of the time are just "Sorry" and "Thank you".

In addition, viewers asked if she spoke with any member from other 48 groups at today's TIF besides Kurenyan, and if she's good friends with NMB's Tanigawa Airi. She wondered if it's okay for her to one-sidedly call themselves friends, then she went on to confess that she really loves her and the fact that she's always all smiles both on stage and behind the scenes. Getting to see her live and up-close also made her prettiness even more evident to Maho. Later on, someone even brought this part to Airi's attention on Twitter, to which she replied that these feelings are actually mutual. Feels good to hear that.( ・∀・)

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    From today's Photolog:
    "#Kurenyan
    I managed to meet her again at yesterday's TIF, after a long time.
    Since we shared the same backstage room, we had a talk together.
    Kurena is so amusing, plus she really likes pandas.
    She's seriously cute! And pretty!"

"#NewNail
    A summer-like light blue-blue combination
    And when you say light blue and white..."

---

Today's Showroom, live at Mofu's house. A pretty slow-paced one with sparse casual talk, mostly about fashion, beauty care (and youtubers).
    Among the other things:
    • To "honor" Mofu's guest appearance, viewers in Maho's room decided once again to change their avatars en masse from the default dog costumes to dogu clay dolls, much to the bewilderment of Maho who suspected they all leveled up and unlocked the avatar just to prepare for such occasions.
    [​IMG]
    • Maho's nail theme was Cinnamon, in order to celebrate his first place. Did you guess it right? She also let viewers have a closer look at it throughout the stream, the thumb and little finger nails are actually a miniature Cinnamon (holding a seashell, to suit to the summer season). Aww...
    [​IMG]
    • By contrast, after getting in an argument with Mofu over nails upkeep and stuff near the end, she ended up calling Mofu's "housewife-like". Heh.
    • Maho's protip: to avoid that the nails of your foot's little finger get snagged on your socks, you may cut the nail off completely without fear, since it won't hurt or bleed. Maho recommended trying it to viewers. Mofu is a bit mistrusting.
    • Maho dreaming about wanting to become a youtuber as well. Starting from 36:30, Mofu appeared to be reading some news about how much youtubers get paid per view right now (not a lot anymore), which caught Maho's interest. Eventually they tried to calculate the supposed income of some of them, including NMB's Akarin, who they both follow. To break the silence, Maho came out with saying she too would like to become one of those (youtubers) dealing with beauty care, as she's confident to have enough cosmetics and beauty products to show off and talk about. To give a demonstration of it, she then took one of Mofu's brushes and started describing its massaging qualities half-seriously (also, she didn't forget to poke fun at Mofu's dasai-ness in the meantime, by calling it dirty-looking and resembling a caterpillar). Inspired by a viewer's comment, she went as far as to come up with a tentative name for her channel: "Maho no Mahou Douga ~ Beauty Magic" (・∀・)
    • Mofu suddenly derailing the discussion a bit by talking about Human Beat Box (even though her imitation sounded more like Doraemon, as Maho pointed out). All jokes aside, Maho seems to find it amazing how all these youtubers can put together their videos on their own and be entertaining just by talking alone in front of a camera, and she would love to try it out herself. Truth be told, she was completely out of the loop about youtubers but her younger brother kept nagging her to watch the funny videos he found. One viewer added that at TIF there was also an idol who quit to start working as a youtuber.
    • Maho and Mofu being caught up in online shopping (for some magnetic necklace, it seems).
    • Maho pulling out Mofu's weird meat&bone plushie, then suggesting Mofu that she could have sung "Niku no koto suki dakara" at today's Niku Festival instead, with Mofu replying that indeed she almost mispronounced the title.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :banana: She returned the bangs! Yippee! :banana:

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today was an unexpectedly eventful day with some special surprise at the end:

From today's Photolog:
    "#CinnamonNail
    It's a "Summer nail" style combining light blue and white.
    And speaking of light blue and white, I also included my favorite character, Sanrio's Cinnamon. //(o・ω・o)\\
    Soooo cute!"

"#CinnamonHair
    Cinnamon hair, inspired by Cinnamon's ears, to match with my nails.
    Moreover, this hairdo can also move around!
    Whenever I jump, it bounces up just like Cinnamon's ears, so keep your eyes on it!"

"#Today, from 23:00
    Today, starting from 23:00, the second edition of that legendary Cinnamon Lottery stream will be held on Showroom!!!!!
    //(o・ω・o)\\
    It has been half a year since that time's Cinnamon Lottery stream...
    Another Cinnamon Lottery has come around!
    Did I manage to obtain the first prize..?
    Stay tuned to find out❤️"

Bonus:
    Screencaps from today's theater stage, giving a clearer view of Maho's style:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

From Okappa's Photolog:
    "Mahocha
    Mahocha's Cinnamon is so cuuuuute.
    So cute that one of my hair almost fell ouuuuuut
    Mahoooochaaaa so cuuuute"

From Ayutaro's Photolog:
    "Today's AyuCamera is Mahohon!
    Just when I thought «Aaah, that's so cute», it seems like it was based on Mahohon's beloved Cinnamon.
    Cinnamon hair. Pretty nice!"

"Today's AyuCamera #2
    She also showed me her nails, but it was out of focus. Sorry about that.
    But Mahohon is cute, so I'm uploading it anyway.
    Aaah, she's so cute it makes me feel envious."

---

Today's Showroom, Cinnamon Lottery prizes unpacking edition. But first, Maho takes a break to eat some mango and get the energy necessary to go through her exhausting (both physically and emotionally) task.
    Although viewers were teasing her by saying that the lottery prizes will turn out to be hangers (since she ended up getting too many of them last time), this time around she was actually much luckier. Apart from the shaved ice machine, which she wanted so bad but was unavailable, she also nearly completed the collection in much fewer tries than previously. Hooray!
    And in the end, to Maho's joy and surprise, she even got the last special prize: a Cinnamon pendulum clock. Normally, you can get the last special prize only if you draw the last ticket available at a given store. Unfortunately she arrived too late and the prizes in the top category were all taken, but it paid off that she didn't give up and kept buying all the lottery tickets because she managed to win something even rarer.
    "Who would've expected it? This is the fruit of hard work."
    I guess Maho was right in calling it her "Seishun Dokei". (*´ω`*)

Again, just for the sake of reference, here's the page on Sanrio's website listing all the prizes of this edition of the lottery~

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Photolog posts, are all about Maho taking pride in her collection:

"#CinnamonLottery
    Thank you for watching yesterday's Showroom!
    Those are the spoils of war from the second edition of the Cinnamon Lottery!
    I always wished to own a Cinnamon clock, so I was overwhelmed by emotions when I finally managed to get the Last One Prize, a pendulum clock.
    Since Cinnamon is so cute, I give all the other items a 120 points score as well."

"#CinnamonLottery
    The Last One Prize, a pendulum clock!❤️
    On yesterday's broadcast, just a few minutes before the end, it wouldn't move at all, but after I mounted the little bird back in the opposite direction it worked at last.
    This is my own Seishun Dokei."

"#CinnamonLottery
    Cylindrical cushion.
    I really wanted one of these, too!
    It feels good when you hug it tightly. //(o・ω・o)\\ ❤️
    Also, it's a Cinnamon whose cuteness is worth 100 points"

Bonus from Okappa's Photolog:
    "Mahomon
    I'm good friends with Mahohon.
    I want to go out together with Mahohon—
    And eat some delicious food, too.
    Everyone, what do you eat on hot days?"

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The edition of UTB featuring Maho's solo gravure is already up for preorder. You may buy it on Amazon Japan's page~
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07472MFVC/

---

As part of NGT's Janken unit showcase, yesterday Naka no Hito also posted a video introduction for the NyanMaho unit on the official Twitter account (along with his usual dose of dry humor in the description):
    "Two-member unit
    NyanMaho
    Ayanyan (Miyajima Aya)
    Mahohon (Yamaguchi Maho)

Two girls whose perception of passing time is different from other people. By involuntarily throwing their moves at a delayed time and putting their opponents off their stride, it appears they might win through the entire tournament in an instant. Is this what they call NyanMagic
    (NyanMahou)?"
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/895643258956664832

Watching the video, it looks like they're already discussing among themselves about what costumes they'd like to wear for their unit. Keywords are pretty and mature.

And if anyone has missed it, here's also a short (incomplete) clip of NyanMaho's appearance on today's NicoNico live, during the Janken preliminaries. I find it lovely how, rather than leaving the task to only one of themselves, they decided to go ahead and pick up their slot's number from the box together...
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/895914343362985984/pu/vid/1280x720/JReH6myGLUBcZnHr.mp4
    Well, looking forward to tomorrow to see how they'll fare. (ヽ´ω`)

Lastly, one entry from today's Photolog to wrap it up, "let's break through the preliminaries":
    ---

Bonus:
    Also from today's Photolog. After they forgot to last time they met, Naachan and Maho finally got around to taking a 2-shot~