1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's MahoRiko Showroom, with a surprise ending
    • Maho intended to invite Riko to broadcast together, but she didn't show up on time and had to begin alone...
    • Some talk regarding the "hokuro uranai" corner during today's Janken tournament preliminaries. Recommended by Ikumin and especially Kurenyan, who told Maho that the fortune-telling guy could accurately guess one's personality by looking at the placement of moles, she decided to give it a try. The results were: you are frank with others, and despite giving the impression of being a "my pace" type, you have actually a competitive and unyielding personality. The mole on the cheek indicates the "power of words" (kotodama), anything you speak about will eventually come true, so it's better to express your thoughts into words. Finally, he suggested her that the shortest way to succeeding is to be free-spirited and not let anything hold sway on you. (By the way, since the corner was fully broadcasted, you should be able to see Maho in the Day 3 recordings very soon)
    • In response to a viewer's question: because she found her easy to talk with at last year's TIF, Uemura Rina is Maho's favorite Keyakizaka member.
    • Funny dialogue between Maho and Mofu, who just entered the room, at 09:10
    Maho: "After I said it's Mofu, people won't stop writing «Bach» in the comments"
    Mofu: (jokingly) "Report them, then..."
    Maho: "Anyway, there was a person who brought an uchiwa with Bach on it (at the event). He told me that Mofu ignored him because of it"
    • Also answering a viewer's question, whenever Maho sets the next broadcast to her birthday (9/17 09:17) on the Showroom schedule, it's just a way of indicating she has no intention to stream for the time being.
    • At 13:57 someone finally rings at the door: it's Riko! Maho's expression lights up in an instant. ( ´∀`)
    • Maho looking back at a funny episode that happened yesterday. Since it was getting late, apparently Maho came to Riko's bed to try waking her up and was repeating her: "Riko, don't sleep!". Riko replied to her like this: "I just have my eyelids closed. I'm doing some exercise to tone up my face's mimetic muscles", and kept making weird facial expressions (which Maho promptly imitates) while still deep in her sleep. Believing at the time that it was just one of her excuses, Maho's reaction to it was just: "Riko, is this really necessary?". When she finished hearing the story, Riko couldn't believe it and was just amazed at the stuff she says when asleep, swearing she remembers nothing.
    • At 17:27, Maho reveals the true reason she called Riko over. It turns out she bought her a present to celebrate her victory at the Janken preliminaries. It's a plushie similar to the one she already has in her room, which Riko immediately dubs "Mint-kun #2, full-body type". Maho suggested to place it over the other big Mint-kun during her SR streams.
    • Maho assured Riko that with the help of it she'll win at Janken. However, Riko confessed that she took her cushion with Maho's picture on it and actually brought it with her inside her carry-on bag, so this is what must have brought her good luck all along. Maho thanked her for the kind words. (・∀・)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also, a MahoRiko post from today's Photolog:
    "#Janken Tournament
    Congratulations for advancing on to the main game, Rittan!!
    The day before, Rittan said that she «had a feeling that she was going to win~».
    And she successfully seized one of the few slots in there! That makes me so happy!
    Do your best!"

---

As for NyanMaho... As everyone knows, their unit got defeated, which is a pity. The only thing I can do is posting this video digest from the official Twitter account showing their match... (´・ω・`)
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/896296116983025665

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's comment about Rie's graduation announcement, from today's Photolog:
    "#Graduation Announcement
    I wondered what I could say...
    But I imagine that the emotion Rie-san felt was much more painful than the feelings of sadness I think we all had.
    What she announced to us on the day of this 2nd anniversary. Rie-san announced it while holding back her tears, but even so we can't afford to stand still and cry.
    We'll continue working hard to make the future brighter for everyone."

---

Today's Showroom:
    Among other things:
    • Finally we can see Maho's "Seishun Dokei" in motion. (゚∀゚)
    • Some thoughts about NGT's 2nd anniversary, in which she thanked everyone for their support despite all the delays NGT had gone through. Also, Maho recalled how shy and taciturn she was back at the time of their audition, when the first group shot was revealed and she could barely work up a smile and wave her hands ("Members teased me that the range of my handwaving was too narrow"), and tried to imitate the expression again to give an example of how she has changed.
    • Being the last handshake event for Seishun Dokei, she thanked all fans who visited her so far. Also, she pointed out how crowded the event it was. Normally, when slots are sold out, it's because fans buy more tickets, but this time she remarked that it's the number of people (not ticket per people) that increased, much to her surprise. Since Maho promised herself to increase the number of "Mahore" by 100 times before the next Sousenkyo, it made her happy to see her hopes slowly turn into reality.
    • About Instagram: while Maho really wants to become an "Instagrammer" herself, it seems like she's still in the middle of figuring out how to use it, plus it's still taking her quite some time to compose each message. Thankfully, Nanako and Noepii, who are more knowledgeable, are teaching her so it's going going to be just a matter of time. Throughout the stream, she even asked viewers for assistance about the app's functions and opinions about the Story video she posted. Besides that, "I look like someone who used to own an account already, but I have no friends to show what I post, or any talking companion at all, so I never had Instagram before. ... With an appearance like this, I get told such things, but the sad fact is that this isn't true. I invite all people who sympathize with me to follow me. (smile)". Some viewers were surprised that there are girls these days who are unacquainted with Instagram, and found it cute. Maho replied that she's just out of touch with technology compared to younger people, such as her little brother. Even when it to came to staying up to date about fashion and consmetics, she just used to check magazines and such.
    • Apparently the same thing goes for Youtube, which so far she used just to search for idol music videos on their official channels. While other members talk all the time about trending youtubers and that catches her interest, she feels left out because she knows nothing about it. At least, lately she has started watching beauty care channels such as NMB's Akarin's. (*´ω`*)
    • Seems like Imamura won't let Maho have curled hair during work, even though other members such as Ayakani tell her that it looks best on her, apparently because it's not his "taste". "Nails are okay, but curled hair are a no-no, I don't understand the criteria", "Maybe it's because his wife had curled hair". Whatever is the case, she asked fan to pay a visit to the theater manager Q&A booth when they go to handshake events and convince him to lift the restriction.
    • One final consideration about Kitarie's graduation announcement, starting at 1:21:42. In reality, Maho had a feeling that she was going to announce it today. The reason is that she noticed that Kitarie had started to keep a distance from other members recently, although Maho preferred to interpret it as "taking a step backward and observing them from there". Since Rie said at the last Seitansai that she didn't want to make such an announcement at a place of celebrations, Maho had to admit that it felt kinda sad, but she figured that Rie still wanted to announce it while being surrounded by fans and members since she held them dear, so it really couldn't be helped. As such, Maho wasn't all that surprised, but still felt sad just by thinking about it. Considering that Rie had kept her decision hidden until now and tried to keep on a smile and not to cry even as she made the announcent, Maho decided she shouldn't be crying either on that moment. While she confessed that she actually felt like crying, and there were moments were she almost did, she had to consider her position as the oldest 1st generation member and the fact there were many younger members around her. Because of that and the fact there was one last song left to perform, she tried her best to resist the urge and let fans have fun till the end. With NGT reaching its 2nd anniversary and Rie graduating after being one of the oldest members in the whole AKB48 Group, Maho hopes that NGT will continue to shine on even after she's no longer there. As for herself, after seeing how many members were crying around her, she hopes one day to become the one who can provide support and comfort to younger girls with a smile on her face. Maho wraps up this Showroom broadcast by expressing her appreciation for Rie and wishing good luck for her acting career in the future. As for NGT, since there's still much to be done, any sad feelings she has are outweighted by the desire to keep working on and maintain NGT's momentum.

Bonus:
    The Instagram story that Maho did with Riko, which is mentioned in this Showroom. As said, there were some troubles with getting the "rabbit" effect to work. (*´ω`*)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's (mostly) self-promotional Showroom
    • It seems there's still some issues with the screaming neighbor and the apartment's thin walls that don't block out any noise. (´・ω・`)
    • Since today is the release day of #Sukinanda, Maho starts off by presenting the CD to viewers ("Youtuber-style", as she puts it). She also decides to unpack it to check what photocard was inside. Although people in the chat were hoping for Maho's photo to come out, she was still surprised that she got Hinatan instead and she decided she'll give it to her as a gift.
    • Also, of course, it's Type B edition, which includes her own song. As some viewer points out, this is the first song in which she is a front member (though Maho corrected by saying it's technically the second after Renacchi Sousenkyo's Happy End). Maho reflects on how she never held such a position even inside NGT's songs, which brings her to thank fans for finally giving her the chance. As a funny episode, she recalls how her parents commented her appearance in the Kurayami Motomu PV: "In Kurayami Motomu, Maho is too far in the back, I don't know where you are". She remarked how she always got to stand at the edge of the formation ("antei no sumikko", as someone commented), and while some viewer replied that they still liked Mahohon even if she's standing on the corner, Maho of course is aware that the closer you are to the front, the more popular you can become thanks to visibility.
    • Next up is the latest issue of UTB, in which Maho appears in a 10-page solo gravure. She reads out the introduction text, thanking the editors for praising her beauty, and commented with surprise about how pale-skinned she appeared on the photos. On the AKB Group Shop, the special edition of UTB bundled with the extra photocard was also completely sold out, Maho thanked fans for it.
    • The third and last thing Maho wanted to show today is the Sousenkyo trophy. Right after the event was over, members had to return them to have their names engraved, and Maho got hers back just now.
    • Apparently this was also brought up in the MC on today's theater show, but a "shocking mishap" happened: since Maho isn't updating her Instagram, Riko has unfollowed her. However, Maho promises to get back on updating it more often, once her motivation returns.
    • Right before the end, Maho also wanted viewers to have a listen to something. It's an audio recording saying "Hey, I'm not a Baka-Riko! I love Mahohon". Recently the two of them really got into sending voice messages to each other, it seems. (*´ω`*)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's comment about today's single announcement, from Photolog:
    "#2nd Single
    The second single has been announced! It'll be on sale on December 6th!
    How surprising that we can release it within this year! It makes me so happy!
    This too is thanks to everyone who are supporting us.
    And this time, to reflect the Sousenkyo results, it'll be a 18-member senbatsu.
    Thank you once again for letting us rank in!"

---

Today's Showroom:
    • As Maho was getting ready for her stream, she once again talked a little with fans about the noisy neighbour and her wanting to move out soon (as soon as money will allow it, at least). Other members seem to be aware of it since she apparently repeats it a lot and, interestingly, she says she has been checking housing websites every day for this reason. (Which reminds me, she even mentioned this last part on one of NGT's radio shows before, but since the MC didn't know the full story sadly they just took it almost as a joke...)
    • Of course, today's main theme is the 2nd NGT single. Maho begins by saying that she would have never thought it will be out within this year. Some viewers wondered if it's going to be a Christmas-themed song, but Maho continued by saying that nothing has been revealed yet, not even the title or the formation. Maho wonders if the position will be according to the Sousenkyo ranking order, and that probably she'll once again end up behind and the the edge of the formation (like in Kurayami Motomu). Fans probably won't be happy about it, but she doesn't seem to mind it that much herself. She just concludes that her efforts just weren't enough, and promises to gain new fans with her activity in this single and aim higher at next year's Sousenkyo.
    • On the other hand, most of her thoughts went toward Ayanyan and Kado-chan. Even though her best hope was that all 1st generation members would be selected with no exceptions, she was clearly happy that the hard work of these two members got rewarded and their Sousenkyo results acknokwledged, also thanks to the efforts of their fans. At the same time, Maho gets to wonder what she can do to see her own efforts rewarded and change her situation, and is happy that there's an event like Sousenkyo where such efforts can be reflected (although not in all places)
    • Maho wonders if she's going to sound controversial with this, but she goes on to express her support for Kenkyuusei. This is a pretty long section where she meditates over the acquired privileges that NIII members enjoy, which in her opinion brings many of them to feel intouchable in their position and slack their duties, as well as the inequality between them and Kenkyuusei, who have to fight for it, sometimes with no effect.
    • In the last single, it was only NIII who participated as Senbatsu. This single it was NIII plus Ayanyan and Kado-chan. While NIII members' position is already locked, it's also true that there are many Kenkyuusei working harder than them. She wished more Kenkyuusei would get rewarded for their efforts and that thought pained her. Here she brings up as an example how many of them attend the handshake events since early in the morning, go through long sessions, only to end up saying "even though my fans are doing their best..." when their efforts are for naught. Sousekyo seems to have changed things a bit for some: mentioning her own situation, without Sousenkyo, she wouldn't have probably entered Senbatsu. In short, she wished for all members working earnestly to be rewarded equally.
    • As such, "If I consider only my own things (that I entered this Senbatsu and we'll be releasing a second single), I'm truly happy. But since I'm working in a group and not solo, to be frank, I can't feel 100% happy about it". Once more, things would have been different if all members were selected for Senbatsu, but she wished for NGT to be a group where everyone gets rewarded in proportion to their work. By locking NIII members' position, the sense of imminent danger has disappeared for them. Meanwhile, the Kenkyuusei members who didn't get called are feeling pressured to double down at the hanshake events in order to improve their position. This brings Maho to wonder if the "locked" NIII members are experienced such a feeling or what they think about it. "It's a pacifist way of thinking", but "I want this to be a group where all members aim for the top together".
    • 27:36: "This is my opinion. Some think that «I have reached Senbatsu, I did it! Now it's over! I'm in the second single." Why do they think that this is the finish line? With that mentality, you will get overtaken by others, things will only become harsher. Do they understand it? I don't want them to go on with this mentality. I don't want anyone to take it for granted that all NIII members can enter Senbatsu. This is because there are Kenkyuusei members who work very hard. ... I want this second single to be one where everyone does their best without slacking and doesn't think that the position they stand on is a given ..." "We were divided into NIII and Kenkyuusei at the very beginning, the starting point was absolutely different, two years have passed, therefore I don't think anyone must take it for granted that all NIII members will be in Senbatsu"
    • 30:45: "I'm not being zealous, I just think that what was taken for granted is no longer such. It's because there were times when I thought «No matter how hard I work, I'm not having my efforts paid back». I think like that because there were times when I was at the very bottom. There are members who don't realize such a thing. I want this second single to be an opportunity to consider that all (NIII) members being in Senbatsu is not a given, that they can also not be selected and so they'll feel motivated to work harder"
    • 33:25: "Thoughts like «I did it», «My position is bad», «I'm not the center» aren't floating in my mind. Of course, this is also frustrating, but the first thing is to think about the current condition and other members. ... I thought it since the time when the sale of the first single was announced at the Solo Concert. Since the beginning, NIII was set to be the Senbatsu. Things are changing now, and you shouldn't be content with just being in NIII."

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yesterday Showroom, mainly to let fans know that she'll be in Osaka for the handshake event and to advertise her radio appearance. Truth be told, her appearances on NGT radio shows have increased significantly in the last months, but what makes this one special is that's a MahoRiko episode, and they sure had fun together. ヽ(°∀°)ノ
    (Mod edit: removed dead video link)

---

While it may fall under the "why is it even news" category, it looks like that news that Maho auditioned for Keyakizaka46 in the past (but chose NGT over it in the end, as both auditions happened concurrently) were circulating everywhere on matome blogs yesterday. So I'm reporting this here.
    http://ngt48.xn--efvn9s.jp/archives/1067660771.html

Well, honestly I don't know what's so surprising, for one thing Maho already has a long history of auditioning multiple times for 48G groups. Also, consider the fact that her grandparents (whom she's particularly attached to) had always disapproved that she would move too far away from home in order to pursue her idol dreams, especially to big cities like Tokyo where they fear there are many ill-intentioned people. The fact that Maho really respects them and doesn't want to go against their wishes undoubtedly played a big part in her decisions.

Anyway, the source of the story is also yesterday's episode of NGT's Minna Kami-Taiou, in which they had this corner titled "NGT48 stories that really happened" (the scary music is because the title is a parody of a show named "Scary stories that really happened", FYI). While at it, I also suggest listening to the whole thing for the MahoRiko's interactions, with Maho acting as a caring tsukkomi to Riko's weird answers~
    Starting from 04:25:
    Maho "Maho's NGT48 story that really happened is... I applied for other auditions apart from NGT!"
    MC "Wait. Are you kidding?"
    Maho "It's real, it's real. I wasn't confident and thought I woudn't pass the NGT one."
    MC "So you applied for it, but..."
    Maho "Before then, I applied also for SKE and Baito AKB, so I thought I would likely fail this audition anyway. I also didn't know on what day was the final examination, I received no communications so I had no idea. And before I reached the final examination (of the NGT audition), I also applied for the Keyakizaka 46 audition, the first examination. Here, I passed it. I passed it, but I wondered how the final NGT audition would turn out to be. When I thought of going to Keyakizaka's second audition, I finally got a communication saying that NGT's audition would be on the 25th of the month. And then, the Keyakizaka audition was also on the 25th."
    MC "The same day"
    Maho "The same day."
    MC "The final examination and the second examination"
    Maho "It was the same day, I was like «What should I do?». But that was the second audition, right?"
    MC "Right, there was still more ahead"
    Maho "And also, my grandpa... My grandfather is from Niigata, so he accepted it (auditioning for NGT) more positively. Therefore, I thought «Let's go for Niigata, then. I will fail anyway.»"
    MC "I see!"
    Maho "Then I passed it, but even though I passed I got a call the next day. «I'm the man from the Keyakizaka46 audition. Can't you come over?»"
    MC "Ah, even though you didn't go that day, you still got a call asking if you could come."
    Maho "That's right"
    MC "They really had expectations for you!"
    (Mod edit: removed dead video link)
    Edit: Alternate Youtube link containing just the sound clip

---

On other news, here's a collection of various videos recorded at the "Douga-kai" session of today's handshake event, now coming in three additional flavors

Maho playing some kendama
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906335130188312577/pu/vid/720x1280/XRL__s1ejtf4f2rE.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906330024415870977/pu/vid/720x1280/vljuVG_yWzCFGa97.mp4 ← right on the first try! (≧∇≦)b
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906330938262544384/pu/vid/720x1280/_YBHXSi3YUnYg9Fs.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906330730027814913/pu/vid/720x1280/56W2mnw47LmaQbZh.mp4
    Maho's improv "fashion show"
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906348606373994496/pu/vid/720x1280/Nuy4vNE9z__wKKLy.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906329399410155520/pu/vid/720x1280/R4a_E22z-d9w4OcJ.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906328749813018624/pu/vid/720x1280/znjSN59x10nI0FIn.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906312559623520257/pu/vid/720x1280/AaFg0jXZpEgWMi0f.mp4
    Hashtag pose
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906312619018952704/pu/vid/720x1280/VG0e3EfNVOwHSDnn.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/906321385886064640/pu/vid/720x1280/CFc9odELUgmaox5-.mp4

6. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :whistle: She not keyaki-type... she would be more popular if she joined to Keyakizak... oh well =) in NGT she is kamo-7 at least :blush: but mngmnt fon't like her....:hmm:

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Probably, I'm not an expert in Sakamichi, but I've already seen her personality being compared to that of Watanabe Risa by people who know both groups.

8. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yooooo she wouldve been so good for Keyaki!! She's like a Berika visual!

9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Sakamichi really have strong influence, even if she was an unpopular participant, she would still have more work as a model and already could participate in fashion shows and be on the cover of magazines. as NGT member she just got some(3 or 4?) cheap photoshoot. not solo

10. machina

machina Kenkyuusei

Sigh, if she were in keyaki I'm sure she would have been in Larme by now. I'm a bit disappointed but I hope she will have modeling opportunities anyway.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If she was in k46 she'd be in the same damn nun-uniform or luftwaffe-uniform as the rest of them, instead she's in Bikini in this months UTB+, I think I know which one I prefer.

12. machina

machina Kenkyuusei

and i prefer tailored uniforms to cheap bikinis, to each their own :)

13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom
    • Maho freaking out when she noticed that one of her Cinnamon plushies got smeared a bit with lipstick, nuff said... (*´∀`*)
    • Doing an improv imitation of Human Beatbox's voice (or so I believe), Maho proudly presented to viewers her newly-purchased 500-yen smarthphone stand, which she bought with the intention of using it for Showroom streaming. Apparently she bought it based on buyer's comments thinking that it was adjustable, but since it's rigid it's pretty much useless, as it would aim the smartphone cam at the ceiling. Before giving up, Maho followed a viewer's suggestion and tried to bend it with her own bare hands. Despite the struggling expression it got no results.
    • Also, Maho just got some new nail style for the Seitansai she'll have this weekend. Mahou Nails! Maho let viewers have a close look at it as well. The colors include blue and pink, as she explains it's because they are her official penlight colors.
    • Tomorrow she'll also need to wake up early to get her hair cut. She'd also like to make it darker, but people tell her that a light color suits her more. In that regard, she recalled that, as a rule, the ideal hair dye is two or three tones brighter than one's eye color. Cue Maho giving an extreme close-up of her iris to show viewers how light it is in her case, before realizing it was getting kind of creepy... (´∀`;)
    • Another point she wanted to discuss with fans was her bangs. On one hand, even Maho has to admit that she looks better without, adding that even senpais and new people coming at the akushukai commented on how pretty she is when she sweeps it to the side. Rie even called her "stunningly gorgeous" (attouteki bijin) for that matter. On the other hand, if she goes without bangs, the number of possible haistyles is limited. Also, a hairstyle with bangs is more idol-like. Maho wanted to consult viewers for an opinion and, to solve the dilemma, she eventually decided to run a poll. It turns out that it was a near tie: 52.3% of viewers were in favor of bangs, 47.7% for no bangs.
    • Anyway, while for Maho "bangs are a matter of life and death", the main reason she chose to go with a no-bangs style for the first time ever was because of the individual PV she filmed for Seishun Dokei. Thanks to it, she received much appreciation for her style and came to the realization that she looked better that way.
    • Lastly, one viewers asked which one of her Cinnamon plushies was her favorite. While she said she liked them all, she ended up choosing two in particular. One was the crown Cinnamon plushie, which she bought at Sanrio's Puroland. It was made to celebrate his 15th anniversary, what she particularly likes is the king-like appearance and the fitting combination of pastel colors.
    • The other was an unicorn-riding Cinnamon. For this one, the reason is a bit more complex: it was a special edition sold at the Cinnamoroll Museum in Tokyo, which was also opened for the character's 15th anniversary. Maho really wanted to visit this place, but due to some job related to Seishun Dokei she couldn't leave until all the other members had finished. As a result, it got too late and she missed the last day of the exhibition. At the time, she even cried a lot because of it and wrote a sad mobame message describing the situation. Many fans mailed back (don't know if other mobame services allow it, but in NGT you can send replies to members and they can reply back) saying they were sorry for it and they would have bought such a plushie for her if it wasn't the last day. Fortunately, one fan foresaw that, actually bought it beforehand and later donated it to Maho. For it she's very grateful to fans: at first she collected Cinnamon plushies all on her own, she tells, but now many fans have started sending lots of them as presents. In fact, they're sending her so many that, among the presents, there are also plushies that she already owns. For this reason, recently she has been buying fewer of them than before, to avoid getting a duplicate as a gift.
    • By the way, while commenting that there aren't as many item for sale at the Sanrio shop in Niigata, she told how the clerks at the place have learned to recognize her by face. She says it's because she's been visiting the shop for so long and so many times, in order to play the Cinnamon lottery. Also to routinely ask if any new Cinnamon item had arrived in stock, while showing them the listing on the online shop with her smartphone. Their reaction is something like "You sure like Cinnamon", it seems.

---

Bonus 1:
    Hi-res pics of Maho, CEO of Maho no Mahou no Kuni, from the Aikabu game. More to come (maybe).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bonus 2:
    The Yomiuri Shinbun has published some cute drawings done by members, to be used as illustrations in Akimoto's regular column about AKB. This time the theme was Janken tournament and, as one would expect, Maho the artist (as well as Otaki) decided to dedicate an "encouragement illustration" to Rittan. (*´∀`*)
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entame/ichiran/20170911-OYT8T50056.html
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    "I drew a picture of Sugahara Riko-chan, the Cherry Fairy (Sakuranbo no Yousei) of Niigata who won the Solo category. Ganbariko!"

14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom, just some relaxed small talk with no overarching theme this time
    • A bit ahead of schedule, today the room's background was finally changed to the birthday layout, with Maho marveling at the new types of buyable gifts (available along with it) that fans kept throwing
    [​IMG]
    • Some small talk at the beginning about how fans use the mobame service. Someone at the beginning asked how many mails Maho sends a day, and replied it was too few when she said 10. Maho assured she's more of a "quality over quantity" type, but some viewers were evidently happier to get a great amount of mails. Later, Maho asks curiously: "Everyone, what do you subscribe mobame for? Back when I was a fan, I had an oshimen and I subscribed to her mobame. She was one who sent a very small number of mails. Even among members, she was one of those who sent the least. I don't mean three a day, but three a month. ... But, even if it's not your oshimen, at the beginning you are happy when you subscribe, then you tend to stop reading her mails if they are too many. So I wonder if those people who subscribe to a member because she sends a lot of mails really read them all. Do you?". Among the people who replied that they don't, one even confessed he had 1200 mails yet to read, eliciting Maho's surprise.
    • At one point, the design of a particular avatar in the crowd caught Maho's attention, since it reminded her of Riko's pet poodle Kurara, and she couldn't help talking about her. She mentions that there's this Riko fan who often shows up at akushukai and theater show send-offs, who has his hair all permed up. At today's show he had his hair almost like an afro, which caused Riko to react by repeatedly calling him "Kurara-san". At a previous akushukai, Riko asked to use that as his nickname since it resembled her dog's fur. According to Riko, he then jumped from joy. Moving on, Maho comments how Riko's fans are always all smiles and cordial, like her. At 12:28 she even does an impression of the typical expression they have at any event. "People who support Riko see her from a parent's perspective", she noted.
    • 15:10: "What types of people are more prevalent among Mahore? (semi-official name for Maho's fans)"; Maho: "Hmmm, I don't know. ... I can tell you this: there are many people who hate going to the Nationwide Handshake Event. I'm clumsy at communicating, myself. It's not good to say that fans are also like that... Perhaps they're timid with strangers, but not clumsy at communicating since they have more real life experience than me. Shy, yes, shy. Bashful? Anyway, they are people who take some time to come out of their shell." Since at Nationwide events she is paired up with one or two more members on the same lane, she observed that many of her fans find it difficult to speak to the rest of them. For those people, unless they are strictly DD, Maho suggested to go to the Individual handshake event instead, where she's alone. Maho wonders if they could even say anything if they went to Ayakani's lane, what with her nonstop talking and being overly friendly. Later she told how there are some of her fans who could't even speak a word with her at the beginning and Maho had to be the one starting the conversation, but they began to open up little by little as they repeatedly met her, which makes her happy.
    • Maho wondering if she'll have some energy left for her Seitansai, since it's at the end of five consecutive theater shows, or if she'll collapse before. Taking her health supplement drinks again would solve that. Considering herself to be an ame onna, she also reminded fans to be careful and come prepared because of the ongoing typhoon.
    • At 29:26, Maho tells fans about a cute/shy misadventure she had recently: when she went to the beauty salon to dye her hair, she came across some restaurant serving Italian cuisine with a big queue in front of it. She decided to visit it later, after exiting the salon, to see if the food was good. Long story short, the staff was kind and guided her inside, and the pasta was indeed good ("so much your eyes popped out"). The bad thing is, she was given a seat next to the counter, where you can constantly see the staff preparing the food and in turn they can see you, which triggered off her social awkwardness. "What shall I do? I need to make a delighted face", she thought, but the excessive tension only made her stiff and expressionless. Moreover, as Maho explains, when in private she tends to be silent, reserved and sorta gloomy, in contrast the waiters were friendly and kept coming to her place to ask if she liked the food. One came and she could only answer "Yes". Then a second one came and she only managed to utter "Delicious". In the end, Maho felt kinda embarrassed about her poor communication skills and how it couldn't do justice to the food deliciousness, wondering if the waiters were left to believe that she actually didn't enjoy the food. Because of the fact she speaks so little in private, leaving little room for replies, Maho also dubbed herself a "genius in ending conversations".
    • Like she said in an interview session the other day, one of the things Maho feels has changed after the release of the first single is that more and more people have become NGT fans thanks to handshake events. The general impression is that only people who are already fans come to these events, but many people coming at NGT events happen to be newcomers and non-idol fans who want to know more about the members. One of the viewers chalked it up to NGT members being naturally amiable.
    • Apparently Maho wanted to invite Reinya and Ainya at this year's Seitansai ("I'm close friends with Reinya, to the point that rather than Genghis Cats it's Mahohon Cats. Too bad for Mofu...") to go along with Riko's antics (Ainya would manage the show by introducing and ending the ceremony, Reinya would bring the flower bouquet, Riko would stop and yell "You all waited for this!"), but she was told it depended on the requests by the Seitansai committee, so...
    • Also, even Imamura had to admit that the organization of her upcoming Seitansai is awesome and it shows that lots of money was spent on it. Maho replied that fans even asked for the help of a designer, "since Maho is stylish, we want it to be stylish too"
    • And by the way, Maho thought that last year Seitansai was great too and the flower composition was cute. She even brought her flower crown home with her, which she still carefully preserves and decided to put it on.
    • This year, Maho hopes that Riko will be the one writing her Seitansai letter. Either that or Cinnamon. Definitely not her younger brother, who she thinks is a dumbass. Taking it one step further, Maho fantasizes on how it woud be like if Cinnamon made a surprise appearance (better if galloping on his unicorn, as she gives a practical example of it). (*´∀`*)
    • At 1:01:28 Maho remembers to ask fans if they can take a screenshot of the Cinnamon plushie standing on her head, and post it on SNS with the tag #つれてってシナモン2017. "Cinnamon has come to Maho's room". It looks like this is part of a viral contest by Sanrio in which people post a photo of their Cinnamon stuffed toys in various locations (also there'll be special prizes for the best entries!), you can find examples all over Twitter right now simply by searching up the tag. Of course, since NGT members have no Twitter accounts yet, Maho's only way to participate was to pose and let fans screencap it. Some were more than happy to collaborate, like here and there.
    • Lastly, since tomorrow is the last day as a 21 years old, she invited viewers to follow her on Showroom for her midnight countdown before her birthday (time permitting). See you!

Bonus:
    Maho's Instagram story, featuring (guess who) an animated Cinnamon. (*´∀`*)
    [​IMG]
    Source:
    https://twitter.com/ngt48_insta_bot/status/908720303928377344

And she later posted her own contribution to the Tsuretette Cinnamon campaign on Instagram. It's not Twitter but it's still better than nothing.
    "I brought #Cinnamon at the NGT48 theater. Cinnamon is cute wherever he is.
    #Bring me along Cinnamon
    #Place me on something Cinnamon
    #NGT48 theater
    #The 2nd generation has come!
    #I love you Cinnamon"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Source:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BZEaevOHYrS/

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom.
    To make it short: as announced yesterday, Maho decided to hold a countdown special tonight, in which she waited until midnight for her birthday together with loyal fans.
    In the meantime, they spent the time chatting together about small things.

I also find it funny how this time around she actually read through the profiles of every user who donated something, even just to check who their oshimen are. Sometimes she associated their nicknames to people she met in real life at the akushukai, commenting about them, which is something that has never happened before. I guess this is also a form of birthday fanservice...
    I especially love her description of this one guy, whom Maho starts picking on after she found out that he had so many oshimen in his own profile he was basically a DD at heart (1:05:20 in): "«Maho is harsh», I'm not harsh at all. This guy probably likes being teased. Even when going into a nearby lane he looks at me smiling, so he probably hopes to be noticed. Therefore, I'm going to pay attention to you ... I can understand this guy, he doesn't even go there secretely, making sure he doesn't get discovered. He goes there smiling, in plain sight, so that he can be seen." Who knew some guys were DDs for the thrill of masochism.

Oh, and Maho also went on to show some presents she already received, more specifically from Riko.

One (11:10 in) is a box full of grapes from Riko's hometown, Seiro.
    First she gave a big thank you to Riko's family as a whole for it, especially her mom for being as beautiful and wonderful as her. "Now I understand the reason such an angel was born", she remarks.
    In that regard, she recalls a funny mother-daughter scene she recently witnessed: earlier in the same day, Riko went to Maho's place to give her the box and, while at it, carefully explained that it was "a Shine Muscat, it has no seeds so you can eat it whole". Maho also noticed that Riko's mama had driven Riko there and was waiting inside her car, so she naturally went to greet her as well. After Riko's mama thanked her, she proceeded to give Maho the exact same explanation about the grapes that Riko told before. Hearing that, Riko suddenly pouted up and interjected with a "But I said that already!". (*´ω`*)
    Having washed the grapes already, Maho decided to try some to see how they tasted like. "It's like eating diamonds", though she made it clear that her reaction was not because they are hard or anything but because of their "shining deliciousness". "But it's no match to Maho's radiance", some viewer quickly complimented.
    Maho concluded by thanking Riko for always bringing the most delicious fruits.

Starting from 19:40 Maho pulls out a new Cinnamon toy, a cute hand puppet. To celebrate this special occasion, she uses it throughout the broadcast to thank the many people who gave her a Tokyo Tower item.

This is not all, though. Riko actually brought Maho one more birthday present (40:31 in). According to Maho's story, when she received it the dialogue went like this: Riko: "Use this for when it gets cold", Maho: "But it's not cold yet", Riko: [Inexplicable smirk].
    Maho hasn't opened it yet, but she has a feeling there's a lap blanket inside, and so she uses it as an opportunity to show viewers another leg blanket she already owns. Of course, it also happens to be Cinnamon-themed, in case anyone had any doubts. Also, "If you are wondering why the tag is still attached, it's because there's another one. I bought one myself, another one was given to me by a fan. I'll keep using one and when it gets dirty, I'll use the other. This one right now is for decoration, the other is for using".
    Anyway, when she finally opened the box she was pretty impressed by the quality (and size) of the present, so all was good. ( ´∀`)

---

Bonus:

Today's Instagram stories.
    MahoRiko playing the good ol' "cherry picking" gag again (only for Riko to point out she's pulling up a daikon instead, since Maho is grabbing her by the ponytail and not by the twintails) (*´ω`*)
    [​IMG]
    Source:
    https://twitter.com/ngt48_insta_bot/status/908961889778114560

The box of grapes that Riko gave to Maho in advance as a birthday present, arigarittan to Riko and her family!
    [​IMG]
    Source:
    https://twitter.com/ngt48_insta_bot/status/909057901725048832

From Ayutaro's Photolog:
    "Today's AyuCamera
    I took an intense photograph of MahoRiko in the backstage room.
    Since I don't understand quite well what discussion they had, I decided that it was something like Rittan lecturing Mahohon (?). (laugh)
    Two gorgeous, close-knit sisters."

---

Maho's birthday comment that she posted on Instagram shortly after midnight.
    "It's a private matter, but today, September 17 I turned 22.
    My greatest pride as a 21-year-old was being able to meet with you all.
    Thank you so much!
    For this 22nd year, I'll do my best to polish up my beauty and become a pretty young lady. (laugh)
    #Birthday"

[​IMG]
    Source:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BZG5bxLniag/

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

:ome::ome:Happy Birthday Mahohon:ome::ome:

[​IMG]

source

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor