1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    :ome:

The flower stand, the table decoration and the blackboard drawing near the theater entrance.
    Cinnamon, shimauma and of course magic stuff: it was all of Maho's microcosm in a nutshell, basically.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the Mahocake in all its full glory, thanks a lot Regina
    [​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/REGINALXC/status/909390768841809921

It appears that during the celebrations, they played on the LED panel an animation created by fans. I really hope that this will be published on the Youtube channel, or at the very least it'll end up on the official Twitter profile so that everyone can watch it.
    https://twitter.com/akb48memo/status/909359251033702400
    https://twitter.com/akb48memo/status/909359356893839360
    https://twitter.com/akb48memo/status/909359441350291457
    https://twitter.com/akb48memo/status/909359251033702400

Also, there was one "important message" that she wanted to tell. Someone actually feared it had to do with graduation, can't fault them. In fact, Ainya believed so and was about to collapse, heh... But anyway, it's actually that she's just going to change her catchphrase.
    Okappa: "And so, let's give Mahohon one mor..."
    Maho: "Aaah, wait a second. There's one announcent from me. I wondered if I really should say it at the Seitansai, but... (tears) I, Yamaguchi Maho, will change my catchphrase!"

Maho: "Can we try it out just a little?" "You are now under Maho's spell♪" Waaah (audience does a wave from the left to the right side of the stage)
    Maho: "I reached the age of 22, having a catchphrase where I say my name four times like «Mahohoho Mahohon» has gotten really embarrassing, therefore..."
    Audience: "Eeeh"
    Maho: "I'd like you to do a wave from the left side when I say «You are now under Maho's spell♪», like we did today. I did it at the Sousenkyo, it was very appreciated, then there's also the fact I'm the oldest member, I even requested Imamura and so it became possible."
    Source: http://akb48.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-25249.html

And finally, the fanmade pamphlet they handed out to the people attending today's Seitansai
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The two pages on the inside show a setlist of today's songs and a guideline on what chants, penlights and placards to use at various points of the show. The back, on the other hand, has an useful glossary of some specific words that are unique to Maho, which I think calls for a translation (with the addition of some more explanation of the puns and some visual examples on my part, just to make things clearer)
    Mahohon Sayings

Arigatousagi
    (Arigatou "thank you" + Usagi "rabbit")
    A random word from the Internet livestreaming site Showroom. At the end of the stream broadcast she would draw on a whiteboard a picture of a rabbit along with the current date and express gratitude to the viewers. It hasn't shown up for quite a while, lately.
    [​IMG]

Urecinnamon (Ureshii "Happy" + Cinnamon)
    Mainly a term to express a feeling of happiness. Cinnamon, as everyone knows, comes from her beloved Sanrio character Cinnamoroll. There are also a trademark pose and a hairstyle that imitate the particular ears of the character.

Oshiteshimauma (Oshiteshimau "I support [my oshimen]" + Shimauma "zebra")
    The first of the animals belonging to the Maho taxonomical family, which appeared since the early days. There is a great variety of Maho-family animals, but this one can be said to be the immovable center. Used mainly as a sentence-ending particle for "~shiteshimau", up to present day various kind of patterns have been observed.
    [​IMG]

Kanashiitake (Kanashii "sad" + Shiitake "mushroom")
    This is used as the opposite word to the aforementioned "Urecinnamon". It shows a feeling of sadness. Kanashii + Shiitake. [Usage example] Before the Seitansai, I cut my bangs too short. It was so kanashiitake I cried.

I want to become a shower and wash Kojima Haruna-san's body
    Mahohon's answer to the question "What would you want to do if you turned invisible", posed by the MC Oshima Ryoka on "AKB no Konya wa Otamari". Her display of true love for her was so intense that all the members appearing on the show were left stunned.
    [​IMG]

Chaputen ga Kyonyuu (Our chaputain is big-breasted)
    On "SashiKita Gassen", she took part in an acting challenge. She was asked about her prospects for such challenge, but because of how bad her lisp was, nobody could grasp what she said, resulting in this unfortunate comment. At any rate, it appears that she wanted to say "Since our captain is an actress...".
    [​IMG]

Mahohon is Number Wan
    Its first appearance was at the handshake events, as a sticker given as a special prize. These words are accompanied to the drawing of a dog by the artist Yamaguchi. It combines the dog's barking sound with the word "No.1". Incidentally, it's said that dogs are Maho's favorite animals.
    [​IMG]

Mahoshika (Maho + Shika "deer" but also Shika Nai "no one but")
    "I support no one but Maho (tan-oshi)", from which was derived "MahoShika". It belongs to the deer species of the Maho-family animals. There are have been claims that the shape of the drawing is identical to that of the shimauma, but you can take a guess.
    [​IMG]

Mahore (Maho + Amore)
    The general term for Mahohon supporters. Nowadays, it is more widely adopted than the word "Magical Community". Of course, it originates from a quote by the soccer player Nagatomo Yuto: "My amore (darling)". It instantly spread among Mahohon and her fans.

Thank for you having cast you magic on Maho
    Famous words of gratitude said during her on-stage speech at the 2017 Sousenkyo, after ranking in at a remarkable 53rd place. All Mahore cried. Afterwards, with a full smile on her face, she also performed a magic that made all members do a wave.

I felt like walking on air~
    A strange incident that happened during the backstage Showroom broadcast of the Sousenkyo. When she said that "Even Yukirin-san came here for me", her senior Kashiwagi sharply quipped that "I didn't come here for Mahohon". Blushing, Maho told that she "felt like walking on air" from the happiness of ranking in.

I will show them my worth~
    A quote originating from her frustration when, at 2016 AKB48 Sports Event, Mahohon stepped in as a kicker for the final penalty shoots, causing the people at the venue to grumble. She then scored a goal as a result, leading NGT48 to victory.

Translation of Riko's letter will come for those who can wait~ :)

---

Some choice Photolog posts about the Seitansai, more was posted on Instagram, but Photolog takes priority since their posts don't stay public forever for everyone to read.

From Ainya's Photolog:
    "Genghis Cats!
    Today is Yamaguchi Maho-chan's 22nd birthday.
    Maho-chan is 22!!? She doesn't look so at all!
    Maho-chan is mature, but also very young-looking, she is everyone's big sister figure.
    I'm extremely happy that she always listens with tender care to anything I say, both serious and idle talk. Those times are so fun.
    Today, we'll hold Maho-chan's Seitansai at the second, evening show.
    Everyone, let's make the place lively!
    My sincere congratulations to Maho-chan. Love you.
    "
    "Genghis Cats
    The theater show is over! It was Maho-chan's Seitansai.
    It was so beautiful how the whole theater was covered with Mahohon's colors. I felt really moved by the enthusiasm of the fans, at this Seitansai.
    It's really fun that I can frequently get involved with Maho-chan in "Inori wa Donna Mirai mo Shiawase ni Kaeru".
    I had the chance of passing the flower bouquet to her, it was such a blessing to be able to play a role in Maho-chan's Seitansai, I felt happy.
    Rittan's letter was also so moving.❤️
    I desperately struggled to hold back the tears.
    When Maho announced that she would change her catchphrase, tears started rolling down.
    Good thing that it was just an announcement of her change of catchphrase.
    Thank you for today!
    Happy birthday Maho-chan, I really really love you!"

From Ogiyuka's Photolog:
    "Mahoooo!
    Happy birthday!
    And thank you as always for everything! (☆∀☆)
    She's a gorgeous girl and a mature big sister,
    but sometimes she turns a bit childish (when interacting with younger members). I think it's amazing how she can adapt herself to all kinds of circumstances. ヽ(;▽;)ノ
    Many times, when I'm undecided about what hairstyle to have for the theater show, I decide to go ask Maho first and foremost! NGT!! (laugh)
    I'm counting on you from now on too!
    I hope this will be a splendid Seitansai!!!
    "
    From Hinatan's Photolog:
    "Congratulations, Mahohon.
    Since she turned 22, she made this pose~
    The Setansai was also also wonderful, it was so fun---! It was nice I could perform there."

"2017/09/17
    Good evening!
    Today, we had two theater show. On the evening one, it was Mahohon's Seitansai.
    All the Mahohon-oshi, the enthusiasm they had for Mahohon was truly wonderful. Also, above anything else, I felt really touched by Riko's letter, and how her direct emotions were put into text. Tear were overflowing. Mahohon too rejoiced, it turned out to be a fantastic Seitansai!

I love Seitansai, after all~
    This time I got a chance to appear, I'm glad that I could celebrate Mahohon in person and on the same day.

"
    From Ayakani's Photolog:
    "Maho
    -
    Let's keep being friends from now on too.
    Congratulation for turning 22! Panini❤️
    -"

"-
    Let's continue working hard as the Visual Senbatsu together, from now on too. Nya nya
    Thank you for letting me work as the show opener and closer.
    -"

From Miharu's Photolog
    "Maho-chan birthday
    Today was both the Seitansai and the birthday of Maho-chan, who's a native of Aomori like me.
    22 years old, isn't it~ An adult~
    At the time of the audition, I was surprised that there could be such a pretty person in my same Aomori.
    This is the pride of Aomori. ( ´-`)
    Happy birthday, Maho."

"I took a nice photograph.
    It's great to have your Seitansai on your birthday, and also celebrate it together with members and all fans.
    I think this sense of unity that is unique to Seitansai is always so wonderful, every time.
    Also, Rittan's letter to Maho... There were tears, there were laughs, it was very typical of Rittan. It was so cute.♡"

From Gatanee's Photolog:
    "Mahohon's Seitansai

Thank you for coming at the theater show! This evening, we had Mahohon's Seitansai. It was super-fun!! Lots of love was expressed from all the Maho-oshi fans, and we both laughed and cried at the letter from Riko. It was a very fun Seitansai! May this be a wonderful year for a beautiful, stylish and caring girl like Mahohon. Let's go have a drink together again sometimes, okay.
    Congratulations, I love youuu!"

From Tsugumin's Photolog:
    "Thank you for coming at the daytime and nighttime shows, it was fuuuuun!!
    At the evening one we had Maho-chan's Seitansai!!!!!
    Happy birthday to Maho, sincerely. ヽ(´▽`)/
    It was so nice that I could show up at Maho-chan's Seitansai to celebrate it.
    Thank you a lot for everything, a lot.
    May this be a wonderful year for Maho-chan
    Mahooooreeeee"

From Renapon's Photolog:
    "Today was the Seitansai of Maho-chan.
    It was a wonderful Seitansai.
    Also, today there was also an announcement from Maho-chan!!!
    Surprisingly, she declared that she'll change her catchphrase!
    It threw me off!
    Make sure to check out Maho's new catchphrase!
    Thank you for the truly wonderful Seitansai we had today.
    Hope this will turn into a splendid year for Maho-chan."

From Reinya's Photolog:
    "Genghis Cats
    Mahohon's Seitansai is over.
    I'm really happy I could appear at her Seitansai for the full length of it.
    Mahohon is truly a gorgeous girl, she's gentle and also amusing. Whatever dumb thing I do, she always agrees to join in the fun. At times, we also have some serious talk where she delivers advices to me, I'm deeply moved.
    I love Maho.
    I'm so lucky I came across Maho."

From Riko's Photolog:
    "Mahohon
    Happy birthday~~~
    At today's Seitansai, all Maho fans abundantly expressed the feelings they have for 『Mahohon』, it was a very warm-hearted Seitansai.
    And I'm happy that, thanks to everyone at the Seitansai committee, I could also tell to 『Mahohon』 my feelings of gratitude, that I could never say alound before because I felt so embarrassed.
    Thank you so much.
    Let's 『Inoriko』 so that 『Mahohon』's 22nd year will be a year filled with happiness"

Inoriko = pun with the words inori (praying) and Riko, in case you're wondering
    From Nanako's Photolog:
    "Happy birthday to Mahohon
    Thank you for always treating the younger members with affection. I really love a big sister like Mahohon, who sees even me as one of the juniors.
    I feel compelled to rely on you.

22 years old. I really want to drink some alcohol, with Mahohon.
    But even having a drink at home is fine. ← Realistic

I'm happy to appear in the same unit.
    Mahohon, the "Inori" costume really suits you.
    From now on too, I'll keep following Mahonee-san. (laugh)

Thank you for everything.
    Let this be a wonderful year, okay."

From Ayutaro's Photolog:
    "Seitansai

With Mahohon, and all those in charge of the Seitansai.
    Moeka-chan was so awesome when she said «I want to be Mahohon's ceremony officier».
    When at the end she announced she would change her catchphrase, Ainya looked so cute crying as she mistook that for a graduation announcement."

From Okappa's Photolog:
    "Mahohon's Seitansai
    I was really, really moved by Mahohon's Seitansai.
    Riko's letter was cute, so cute, she expressed lots of love in it.
    All Mahore are truly kind people, it made me realize that they really love Mahohon, it was a really wonderful, wonderful theater show.
    I was able to see Mahohon's happy face many times, she's so cute, I truly love her.
    Also, I always desired to be the ceremony officier at Mahohon's Seitansai, so I was really happy.
    Did Mahohon enjoy that???
    It was truly a wonderful, wonderful Seitansai.
    Happy birthday, Mahohon. (*⁰▿⁰*)"

From Katomina's Photolog:
    "Congratulations Mahohon

Eeeh, what's that.
    I believed I had shot it perfectly, but the 2-shot photo is nowhere to be found.

But...
    I managed to snap a stealth photo! (laugh) (laugh)

Even on such unexpected moments, she looks beautiful."

From Maho's Photolog:
    "#Letter
    I was really happy about Riko's letter.
    I wanted Riko to write one, I constantly requested her for it, but every time I got told that «There's someone else who'll write it, so it looks like it's impossible». I thought that it wasn't going to be Riko.

Come on already~ (laugh)

I couldn't stop crying just by thinking about a baka like Riko, writing so much and doing great efforts to read it all.

Sometimes it was amusing, but even that was good. But it was very heartwarming nonetheless.

Riko is my support!
    It's good that Riko is here with me!

It is a blessing for me that there's a friend I can really love from the bottom of my heart like that.

I love you, Riko.
    MahoRiko is foreeeever."

"#Seitansai
    Thank you so much!
    I'm so glad that you all decided to become my fans and support me.
    Thank you for having become Maho's fans!
    Even the members told me that «Today's show was so fun! Maho-chan's fan are all nice people!», everyone kept good manners, and made even my dear friends smile, I feel sincerely proud of all Mahore.
    Love you.
    Please, keep taking care of me from now on too."

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Mahohon's Showroom (17-09-17)

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Here's the fulll text of Riko's letter to Maho at last:
    まほほんへ
    To Mahohon
    まほほん、お誕生日おめでとう。
    Happy birthday, Mahohon.
    まほほんの大事な大切なお誕生日に生誕祭ができたことが本当に良かったね。
    It's so nice that this Seitansai fell on the same day as Mahohon's dear, important birthday.
    去年のお誕生日は次の日の生誕祭のために美容室に行って、髪の毛を切ってきたまほほん。でも、髪の毛を切り過ぎちゃってずっと泣いてたよね。その日は落ち込んだまま、まほほんのそばにいてあげることができて良かった
    On last year's birthday, Maho went to the beauty salon to prepare for the Seitansai, which was on the next day, and got her hair cut. But she cut her hair too short and it made her cry. It was a good thing that I could be there on Mahohon's side, who kept being depressed on that day.
    お互いにつらい時、一番近くで支え合えて、りこはとっても幸せです。
    Riko feels so happy that, on tough times, we can stay really close together and support each other.

※早くも名前が出てきて、客席ざわつく
    *As the (sender's) name has been revealed so soon, the audience becomes agitated

今日のまほほんはどうかな? きっとキラキラな笑顔で皆様の前に立っているんじゃないかなって想像しながらこのお手紙を書きました。
    How is Mahohon doing today? I wrote this letter as I imagined you standing in front of everyone with a shining smile.
    まほほんにはおめでとうの他にもたくさんのありがとうを届けたいです。
    Other than "congratulations", there're also many "thanks" I want to give to Mahohon.
    まほほん、生まれてきてくれてありがとう。お友達になってくれてありがとう。おバカなりこをずっと守ってくれてありがとう。妹のように可愛がってくれてありがとう。そして、悪いことをした時はちゃんと叱ってくれてありがとう。そして色んなことを教えてくれてありがとう。ずっとずっとりこのことを好きでいてくれてありがとう。
    Mahohon, thank you for being born. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for protecting an idiot like Riko. Thank you for treating me with affection like a young sister. Thank you for rebuking me when I do bad things. Also, thank you for teaching me so many things. Thank you for always, always loving Riko.
    まほほんに感謝したいことが多すぎて、ありがとうが止まりません。
    There are so many things I want to thank Mahohon for, that I wouldn't stop thanking you.
    毎月の握手会、人見知りでうまく会話ができなくて悩んでいた時、そんな悩みも口に出せないりこのこと、まほほんはすぐに気づいてくれて、握手会で泊りの時には夜遅くまでアドバイスをしてくれたり、ファンの方の役をしてひたすら握手会の練習に付き合ってくれたこと、本当に感謝してるよ。
    At the handshake event we have every month, when I'm feeling distressed because I'm shy of strangers and can't hold conversations, Maho instantly notices what's happening to Riko, even though I don't speak up about these problems. When we stay at the hotel because of handshake events, she would stay up until late in the night to give me advices, she would play the role of the fan and stick along with me in my handshake event pratice. Thank you so much for that.
    今ね、握手会ほんとにとっても楽しいよ。これからも自分らしい握手でたくさんの方を笑顔にできるように頑張るよ。
    These days, you know, the handshake events feel really fun. From now on, I'll do my best so that I can keep bringing a smile to many people with my own personal style of handshakes.
    何も言わなくても気持ちをわかってくれるまほほんは友達というより、りこにとってお姉ちゃんのような存在です。
    Mahohon, who can understand one's feelings without anyone saying a word, is more than a friend. To Riko, she is like an elder sister.
    そんな関係に甘えて、まほほんにワガママばかり言ってやったりしちゃうけど、ワガママが言えるほど心を許してるってことで許してね。(客笑)
    Sometimes I take too much for granted in this relationship and just act like a spoiled child toward Mahohon, but you trust me as a friend, to the point I can act so spoiled, so please forgive me, okay? (Audience laughs)
    まほほんは「いつもりこみたいな子に会ったの初めて」って言ってくれるけど、りこもまほほんみたいな人に会ったのは初めてです。 (メンバーも客も笑)
    Mahohon tells me that "It's the first time I've ever met a girl like Riko", but even for Riko this is the first time I've ever met a person like Mahohon. (Both members and audience laugh)
    まほほん、覚えてるかな? りこに出会えたことで明るくなったって言ってくれたこと、そして「りこのことは私が全力で守る」って言ってくれたこと。自分にこんなことを言ってくれる人に出会えたなんて、りこは本当に幸せだなと心から思います。
    Mahohon, do you remember it? How you told me that finding Riko has brightened you up. Also, how you said that "I'm going to protect Riko with all my might". From the bottom of my heart, Riko feels fortunate that I could meet a person who'd say such words to me.
    今はまほほんに助けられてばかりだし、心配かけてしまったりで、まほほんがつらい時、寂しい時はちゃんとそばにいて支えてあげられるように、まほほんに頼りにしてもらえるようになりたいです。
    Right now, I do nothing but receive Mahohon's help for anything, and make her concerned for me. But I want to become someone for Mahohon to rely on, who can stand by her side and support her on harsh and lonely times.
    いつでも妹のような存在じゃなくて、時には頼りになるお姉ちゃんのような存在になったねって思ってもらえたら嬉しいな。
    I'd be glad if she can think: "Sometimes she also acted as a dependable old sister, instead of being always the little sister".
    綺麗で優しくて人の気持ちがわかるお姉ちゃんのようなまほほんも、本当は寂しがり屋で甘えん坊でシナモンが大好きな妹のようなまほほんも、どちらのまほほんも私はほんとに大好きだよ。
    The Mahohon that behaves like a big sister, who's pretty, affectionate and can understand people's feelings. The Mahohon that behaves like a little sister, who's always in need of company, wants to be pampered and likes Cinnamon. I really love both kinds of Mahohon.
    今はまほほんの背中を一生懸命追いかけているけれど、いつかお互いをもっともっと高め合えるような存在になれるようにりこも頑張るから待っててね。これからもずっとそんな姿をまほほんに見てもらいたいです。
    Nowadays, I'm trying to catch up with Mahohon with all my strenght, but Riko will work hard so that one day we can encourage one another and hone our skills together. So wait for it, okay? I want Mahohon to see this particular image of me, even in the future.
    また一緒に色んなとこに出かけようね。
    Let's set out for new destinations together, again.
    そして、まほほんのファンの皆さん、いつもまほほんのことを応援してくださり、支えてくださって本当にありがとうございます。
    Also, to all Mahohon fans, thank you so much for always cheering for and giving support to Mahohon.
    今まで私はまほほんから色んなことを教わってきました。
    To this day, I've been learning lots of things from Mahohon.
    いつも一緒にいる私が皆さんに胸を張って言えることがあります。
    As someone who's always with her, there's one thing I'm proud to tell you.

(客席のほうを向く)
    (Facing toward the audience)

まほほんは誰よりもアイドルとしての自分を磨く努力をしています。
    Mahohon is the one who works the most to improve herself as an idol, more than anyone else.
    何があっても皆さんのことを裏切るようなことは絶対にしないし、皆さんのことが大好きで、皆さんを笑顔にするために一生懸命に頑張っています。
    No matter what happens, she'll never, ever do anything that'll betray you, she loves you all, she's working hard to make you smile.
    まほほんは優しすぎて人のことも自分のことのように悩んでしまうから、シュ~ンってしてしまうこともあると思います。そんな時は・・・
    Mahohon is extremely kind, she worries about others as if it were herself, I think there are times when she also feels down because of that. On those times...

※菅原りこ「ごめんなさい、間違えました」客笑
    *Sugahara Riko: "I'm sorry, I made a mistake" - Audience laughs

そんな時は、まほほんが笑顔になってくれるように皆様、支えてあげてください。
    On those times, please support Mahohon to make her smile again, everyone.
    これからもまほほんの応援をよろしくお願いします。
    So, please, continue supporting Mahohon in the future.
    そしてまほほんにこうして気持ちを伝えて、機会を作っていただいて、本当に嬉しいです。生誕祭の委員の皆様、本当にありがとうございます。
    And I'm really happy that Mahohon provided such an opportunity for me to communicate my feelings. Thank you to all the Seitansai staff for this.
    まほほんにとって22歳の年が幸せいっぱいの年になるように皆さん一緒に『祈りこ』しましょう。
    Let's 『Inoriko』 so that this 22nd year will be full of happiness for Mahohon.

※客「はーい」
    Audience: "Okaaay"

そして、2017年9月17日、大好きなまほほんへ
    Finally, September 17, 2017, to my beloved Mahohon
    りこより
    From Riko
    Source: http://akb48.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-25249.html

And I also managed to find the full version of the fanmade video, you can watch it here while it's still up. ( ´∀`)
    [​IMG]
    "There's even a zebra, a deer and a dog!". To put in such small touches, the creators are really familiar with all facets of Maho's own world.

Maho's revamped catchphrase, from NGT's official Instagram page
    [​IMG]
    Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZJXzSLnkVK/

Some key points from her 2017/09/17 Showroom, which is mainly a report of her Seitansai:
    • As it was revealed at Seitansai, the Seitansai committe wanted to keep the appearance of the NyanNyan duo (Reinya + Ainya) and Riko a surprise until the last minute. About Riko's letter, Maho met her various times before to beg her to write the Seitansai letter, Riko kept telling her that she couldn't because someone else was already busy writing it. She tried to keep the fact secret even as she was reading the letter, acting as if she was reading it on someone's behalf, but the name of the sender appeared too soon in her text. Even though Riko sorta spoiled it, Maho was on the contrary all the happier to find it out this way. (*´∀`)

• About the enthusiasm displayed by fans during the show, there was one episode during her unit song that she found particularly moving, since it rarely happened before (16:40):
    «The chant in the unit song Inori~ almost had me crying. Some tears came out, but I crouched to the back and, when I was facing behind, I pulled my tears back. ... So, yeah, in the unit song Inori~ they did a Mahohon chant during the hook, I was surprised. It was so elegantly done, without being forced at all, to the point I realized that such a chant could be really inserted in there. Inserting a chant during an unit song, it really caught me by surprise. I felt so happy, on the verge of crying, the tears rolled down to here. I thought to myself "This is just the unit song performance, we only made it to the middle part of the show...", and I turned behind to hold back my tears. ... During Inori~ the atmosphere is never so charged up. How can I put it, it's an elegant type of song, it's very difficult to include a chant in there, the window of time is also very limited, so the atmosphere isn't that lively. It normally feels a bit lonesome. So I was happy it could happen in the middle of the show.»

• Maho on Riko's letter (26:53):
    «And then Riko wrote to me this letter. This letter is so nice. Did you listen to it, everyone? I couldn't stop crying. Take a look at this, I was given her letter. Riko isn't particularly good at handwriting, but she wrote this for me with such great care. Also... Riko is a baka. Even in the NGT proficiency test, she was elected "Obaka Number One", and in the Japanese language test... Didn't she get 30 points in total...? Maybe it was 50 or 49 points in total, so I believe she didn't even score 10 points in the Japanese test. And yet she utilized and wrote so many kanji. I was really surprised. She isn't that good at Japanese either, so I thought she wouldn't possibly write a long letter. That's why, as a joke, I deliberately begged her to write 10 pages of it. I didn't think she would write any long text. And so, to think that, despite being a little baka, Riko-chan put so much effort into writing it, that she probably took hours to do it... it really makes me happy. And in the beginning where she said "Mahohon, happy birthday", her hands were shaking. I thought: "Ah, she's so tense". Up till now she has never read out a letter even on behalf of someone else, so she was shaking with tension. Even that part was heartwarming. I was like "Thank you for reading it on behalf of the writer", I didn't know at that point that Riko wrote it, so I was happy that she was putting such effort into reading it ... But then, right on the fourth line, she read the word "Riko", and all the fans started laughing. They understood immediately that it was Riko who wrote it. ... Anyway, the text style was typical of Riko, so I thought "If this isn't Riko's, who is it from?". I was glad to find it out from the start. She exposed the secret too soon, that's so typical of Riko, but it was cute. ... I regularly tell Riko that she has many positive aspects, but Riko isn't a talkative type so I wondered what Riko thought of me. When we are just the two of us, we are always lovey-dovey. But when some other member joins in, she becomes aloof, including in MCs. I really wondered what her real thoughts were. ... On harsh days, I will read this and carry on.»

• Maho on her relationship with Ayakani, who by the way acted as the party opener at the Seitansai and whose appearance was also kept a surprise until the last moment (13:08):
    «So, I and Kani have been together since before joining NGT, after applying for another audition before. Since then a lot of time passed until we joined NGT, because the day of the audition was postponed to much later than originally planned. So there was a lot of uncertainty, but I was happy we both passed. I'm always worried about Kani. How to say it? It's a different kind of little sister than Riko, Rena and Aina. Kani feels rather like a little brother. Yeah, Kani is a little brother. She's a nice girl, honest but a bit awkward. She's really awkward, she rarely tells other people about her personal matters. So sometimes I get preoccupied about her. I want her to speak up to me, but she never does it personally, which gets me worried. Sometimes I try to contact her on LINE because of it. She really feels like a little brother. At the beginning she acted like a brat, but she matured rapidly, but now I'm back to being concerned for her.»

• Maho on the LED video (33:43):
    «And that LED video, I was thinking "They sure put a lot of work into this LED video" ... I was surprised. It felt like a short drama, how to say it?, a collection of short clips. It was so finely done and long. It told my story from Aomori to Niigata, it was so well-made, the background music going "tic-tac" was cute too. ... The quality was astonishing. Thank you so much. It was like a picture book. Two days before the Seitansai, Imamura told me that it was amazing, so I looked forward to it wondering what it could be like. It was surprising beyond my expectations.»

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom:
    • It seems like that an epidemic of cold has been raging in NGT recently, even Maho is down with it but luckily she's taking care of her health with some medicine. "Did Maho spread it around?", someone asked with some malice. "Of course not, it's someone else who spread it to me. I rarely am the first to catch a cold."
    • Answering to a passing comment, Maho also stated one more time that she's going to root for Riko at the Janken tournament and she personally told her. "Obviously" she would, she emphasizes.
    • Setting the tone for the rest of the stream, Maho starts off by telling fans about something that happened today. Based on her story, she brought one of her own Cinnamon plushies to the theater to take some pics (more about it later). This caught the attention of Naka no Hito, the guy managing NGT's offical Twitter account, who asked her: "You really like that (Cinnamon), don't you?". After recovering from an initial bewilderment, she replied affirmatively. "Ah, is that so? I thought that you were saying it as a business thing, just for publicity, as a means to an end...", Naka no Hito explained to her. A bit amused, Maho's internal reaction on that moment was like: "Of course not, I'm not a business Cinnamon-lover. Would a business Cinnamon-lover have so many at home?".
    • To further prove her point, she goes on to remind fan of how big her love for Cinnamon is. She begins by pointing out that she has so many plushies on her bed that sleeping on it has become difficult. There has been times when the pile collapsed on her face in a "Cinnamon avalanche" when she was in the middle of her sleep, with Maho reacting that "Aaah, they tumbled down even today", and yet she continued piling them. On mobame, Photolog and Instagram, Maho's post often revolve around Cinnamon, leading fans to tell her that "Recently there's been only talk about Cinnamon, and Riko". Maho also explains that her fondness for Cinnamon goes back to her elementary school years, and that the first thing that she ever bought with her own pocket money was in fact a Cinnamon wristwatch, even at the cost of renouncing to other things she wanted in order to save up enough money for it. Maho ends up agreeing with the opinion of the viewers, who argue that Naka no Hito has probably never watched her SR for him to be so unaware of her Cinnamon love and say such things, but she still hopes that today he would come to see with his own eyes.
    • Besides - Maho argues - if someone really wanted to be a business Sanrio-lover, the first character they would go for would be the famous ones like Hello Kitty, My Melody, or Pompom Purin at worst. Cinnamon wouldn't be an immediate choice, given that it's a somehow neglected character.
    • Viewer: "What about Hangyodon", Maho: "Hangyodon resembles Rie-chan, just that (laugh)". That reminds Maho of earlier this year, when Maho ran an extensive campaign calling all fans to vote for Cinnamon in the Sanrio Sousenkyo. As Maho recalls, Rie initially believed she was referring to the actual AKB Sousenkyo and was amazed that Maho was making preparations for it so soon, then Maho clarified to her that it was actually about the Sanrio Character Gran Prix and asked Rie to also lend her support to Cinnamon. Rie agreed, only for Maho to add "Don't vote for Hangyodon, please. Just vote for Cinnamon". This is why, later on Twitter, Rie jokingly added the tag "Who are you calling Hangyodon?" in a message referencing this dialogue.
    • What if Rie paid a visit to her house without appointment?, someone asked. The first thing Maho would do is declining, since she has no dinner set for guests. On the other hand, she mentions how she has way too many Cinnamon-themed cups and plates, some of which are also gifts from fans. Those, however, are not for using but strictly for decoration.
    • Some talk about hair treatment and what dye is the most suitable. By the way, the current color happens to be "cinnamon milk tea", much coincidentally. At one point Maho asks what's the color of cinnamon, with her having to make it clear to viewers that she meant the food, not the character.
    • One last thing before today's stream is over: Maho finally remembers to tell fans about the reason she brought her plushie to the theater (and even fell off somewhere while in the process). This is because she wants to participate in the Tsuretette Cinnamon 2017 campaign. As explained in another summary before, it's a Sanrio contest where people shoot photos of their Cinnamon plushie in various locations and post them on Twitter or Instagram, along with the tags #つれてってシナモン or #のっけてシナモン. The former is for photos of Cinnamon posing against a background while the latter is for photos of Cinnamon standing on something.
    • Maho invites fans to look it up on the Internet and check out all the prizes that will be awarded to the best entries, as she does herself. The first prize for the #つれてってシナモン category is an exclusive trophy, which she shows on her phone. Maho was drawn by it at first, which is why she initially wanted to submit an entry to the former category. However, her most coveted item right now is the first prize for the other #のっけてシナモン category, a huge Cinnamon-shaped bed-like pillow with arms that you can wrap around yourself. Of course, Maho also finds the other prizes really appealing and makes sure to tell fans about that, but it goes without saying that the one she aims for is the cushion, believing this is her only chance and that it'll never see commercial release. "But the chances of winning are slim", a viewer comments. "Yes, but I'm determined, and I want it. If there's anyone watching who has already set their sight on it, please give it to me. (laugh)"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Right on time, Maho's comment about Riko's outcome at the Janken tournament, from Photolog:
    "#Sakuranbo no Yousei

Sakuranbo no Yousei-san -- I was expecting her to feel uneasy by going alone, but she behaved firmly, even in giving responses. I was impressed.
    It may have been regrettable, but that brave image of hers was still wonderful.
    In my eyes, Riko is also a winner.
    I want to hug her tightly and pat her on the head once she returns."

Speaking of which, this is from Riko's Instagram. Apparently Maho thought that the small-sized plushie she gave Riko as a present after her victory at the preliminaries wasn't enough, so the day before the event she sent her one more lucky charm: (*´∀`*)

"Everyone~ Look at this, look at this~ Here's the photo to wish for certain victory that Riko talked about on Showroom~~ Right now, this picture is on the home screen of Riko's smartphone~~ Isn't it nice?~~~~ Mahohon sent it to me. Inside myself, Riko is still wondering why it's Cinnamon!! (laugh) (laugh) But I'll fight on, thinking that this Cinnamon is Maho~~~~ Thank you a lot for this photo, Maho〜
    I also had the chance to read the collection of encouragement messages written by you all. Thank to this, Riko's determination has been filled up to 100%.~
    All preparations are complete!! Nagoya, here I come.
    Good night and have nice dreams, everyone."

[​IMG]
    Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZYq8eoFaL9/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Cinnamon-related story, from Photolog:
    "#Non-fictional Story

When yesterday I passed by the Sanrio Shop in Niigata and went inside,
    What a surprise!!!!!

I found there was a Cinnamoroll Corner!!

I pulled back my tears as they were about to fall down.

Inside the Sanrio Shop, there are usually very few Cinnamoroll goods...

But there was such a great number of them this time, like I have never seen before!!!

And there were also NEW goods, too!!!

Despite that, I already bought some shoes to use for the shootings and I had no money...

If I had spent up all that was inside my wallet, what kind of living would await me this month?!

I tried to keep in check the heartthrobs I felt for Cinnamoroll, and considered the real situation with a cool head.

『There's nothing for me to do but say goodbye...』

Inside my head played Nogizaka46's Sayonara no Imi
    『Be strong in coping with goodbyes』

But I was unable to stay strong.

This is because there was a meaning to this fortuitous encounter.

I thought of just bringing the shoes back home and not buying anything more,
    yet for some reason I still entered the Sanrio Shop.

This was maybe a weakness of mine.

No, this is not it, it's that my newly-purchased shoes led me toward the place I should have gone.

They say that when you buy new shoes, you'll have a fortuitous encounter.
    But this is not a fortuitous encounter at all.

Inside there was my destiny."

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/915876737195450368

---

On other news, NGT members are staying over at an hotel back in Toukai for the rehearsals of what I guess is the Sousenkyo Thanksgiving concert. Ayanyan's roommate happened to be Maho, feel free to jump to 42:18 for her off-camera entrance.
    While Maho seemed to be busy finding a place where to put her carry-on case, the discussion diverted to how many of Ayanyan's fans were gachi-koi. According to Maho, the NGT Top Three in terms of having the most gachi-koi fans are Ayanyan, Gatanee and Rika. "Even when you do a theater performance, you can understand it from their eyes after they do a chant". Upon Maho's suggestion they decided to run a survey to verify this: turns out that 60.2% confirmed to be, after all, but Maho still suspected that some of those who denied did so because they got flustered by the question. Not content with that, Maho also gave a typical example of how Ayanyan's gachi-koi fans act at the theater, apparently they can't wait for her to finish her catchphrase before calling out her name all at once at the top of their lungs, then she went on to talk about it some time longer. ( ´∀`)
    At 57:14 Maho finally shows up and sits next to Ayanyan, for some reason here the talk turns to what vegetable each member can be compared to, after a talk topic they had in one theater MC. Of course, whatever you may say about Miyajima being an eggplant ("in a good way"), Ayanyan is still more of a Mumin. (´▽`)

Maho's short solo Showroom from later on:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Without further ado, a selection of photos and videos taken at today's Thanksgiving concert, when Maho made the rounds of her "oshi seats" part of the audience.

Photos:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Videos:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just a small consideration on my part, but judging from the looks of it, it seems everything went better than expected for Maho. (*´∀`)
    I say it because yesterday she even had a short Showroom broadcast, as an emergency measure, to inquire about how many people among her viewers were going to be at the "oshi seats" the next day, and was kind of worried when in the survey results it turned out to be just 20% of them (the rest either wouldn't attend the event, or be in the mixed part of the audience). I like how Maho tried to take the edge off with some irony, by pointing out that she trained so hard in the rehearshals that her knees turned blue with bruises and it looked "as if Voldemort had possessed them", but at the same time she couldn't completely hide her uneasiness and wondered if it was all for nothing. (Still, she tried to look at the bright side, concluding that, even though "there'll be just three people there, maybe", having less fans in the "oshi seats" means that each of them would receive more responses from her, as she intended to send lots of them)
    Sometimes Maho's outlook can be exceedingly pessimistic, when it really shouldn't be... (*・ω・)

8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some random photos taken at todays' 2-shot session of the handshake event:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maho's signed "Halloween cards", all three varieties of it, plus the "other jacket" to use as an alternative cover for #Sukinanda, also available at different sessions of the event.
    [​IMG]

And some random 1-shot videos to top it off, numbered by the selected phrase.
    Apparently today Maho took it upon herself to spice things up with some ad-lib, even if it meant pushing things a bit off the rails. I don't know what's funnier, that or the fact that she had fun roasting fans during such ad-libs. It should be said that most of these videos actually come from Certified Mahore™, rather than some random DD. I guess I was right when, a while ago, I said that some fans love to deliberately act like DDs just for the thrill of getting scolded by Maho. (*´∀`*)

For reference, here's what was on the list of available phrases at today's session.
    [​IMG]
    #1 "...-san, good morning! Nice to meet you today too!"
    #2 "...-san, welcome! Do your best even today!"
    #3 "...-san, it has gotten chilly outside, so make sure not to catch a cold, okay!"
    #4 "...-san, if you oshihen, I'll get sulky!"
    #5 "...-san, good work! Please rest well!"
    #6 "...-san's smile... I like it!"
    #7 "...-san... What do you think of me...?"
    #8 "It's fun when I'm together with ...-san! I love you!"
    #9 "...-san, welcome back! I've been waiting for you!"
    #10 "My feelings of gratitude, I'm happy if I can express them to ...-san!"

#11 Fashion Show
    (The member does one spin on the place)
    #12 Halloween movie shoot ~ Can you film the Halloween exclusive phrase? ~
    (Example: Trick or treat! If you don't give me candies, you'll get a mischief!, etc...)
    #13 Can you make the member laugh?
    A "try not to laugh" handshake event (Can the member keep from laughing!?)
    #14 #Sukinanda pose

[​IMG]
    "If you oshihen, I'll get sulky! But you have already gone to STU, isn't it?"
    [​IMG]
    "If you oshihen, I'll get sulky!"
    "I went to see the 16th gen members yesterday~"
    "I'm not even sulking anymore, I'm angry..."

[​IMG]

"What do you think of Maho? Say, on what position would you rank me among the things you like?"
    "First!"
    "That's absolutely a lie!"
    "It's not a lie..."
    "Are you honest? If so, from now on come here wearing the seitansai t-shirt. Don't take it off when you get into other lanes. Not just Marina-chan, but also Noe-chan and all the many other members ... quit doing it."

[​IMG]
    "What do you think of Maho? How do you feel while filming me with a cellphone case that has Marina-chan's friendship bracelet hanging from it?"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11 Maho's Autumn fashion show!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#12 Maho's Halloween message
    "Happy Halloween! If you don't give me candies, I'll cast Maho's spell on you!"
    [​IMG]

#?? I can't figure out what number this belongs to, but as the caring elder sister she is, here's Maho performing Riko's Rittan Beam™ and Ine Beam™.
    (After a second check, it seems to be a fashion show video, but oh well...)
    [​IMG]

Lesson learned today: Maho is a harsh mistress, sometimes. (*´_ゝ`)

---

Finally, today's MahoRiko Showroom. Featuring the Cherry God herself, aka Maho-gamisama.
    Maho made some on and off appearances throughout the stream, suddenly getting all hyperprotective toward Riko once someone in the chat remarked that Riko looked "sexy" with her shoulders exposed. And she only got even more defensive, every time someone kept begging to see them. (*´∀`*)
    Stuff like:
    Maho: "You're still a underage, you shouldn't be exposing your shoulders", Riko: "I'm not underage!", Maho: "How old are you?", Riko: "16", Maho: "That's underage", Riko: "It's not underage, I'm halfway there (to become an adult)!"
    And later during her second appearance:
    Riko: "I'm not underage, and I'm just being stylish. ... I'll be turning 17 soon. Hana no (Seventeen)*", Maho: "It's Hana no Seventeen, so bare your nose (hana=flower but also nose), not your shoulders. It's not called Kata (shoulders) no Seventeen.", Riko: "That's not what I mean by 'hana'", Maho: "Anyway, baring shoulders isn't allowed until 20. Understand?"
    * Hana no Seventeen (literally "Flowery/Sweet Seventeen"): the "best year" of adolescence according to Japanese society, when you can finally enjoy adult stuff while still being protected and relatively free of obligations like in your childhood.

Bonus: looks like Maho also came across an old friend of hers at today's akushukai.
    "#Kurenyan
    I met her again after a long time!
    The smartphone case of Kurena, who likes pandas so much, is no longer a panda.
    Kurenya has become an adult... (laugh)"

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/919207177717366784

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    As per usual, here's some more 2-shot photos from the second day of the handshake event:

And as per usual, here's also a small collection of videos from the 1-shot video corner with the respective number of the phrase. The array of phrases that fans could choose from has changed since yesterday, so to make things clear here's what was on the menu this time:
    [​IMG]
    #1 "Nee, nee! ...-san! Wake up already! It's time!"
    #2 "...-san, you're having work to do, next? Do your best!"
    #3 "...-san, are you fine? Don't overwork yourself, okay!"
    #4 "Today's story is a secret between me and ...-san!"
    #5 "I'm happy that I could meet ...-san!"
    #6 "At Makuhari Messe together with my beloved ...-san, right now"
    #7 "Can I fall in love with ...-san?"
    #8 "It's fun when I'm together with ...-san! I love you!"
    #9 "I want to stay together with ...-san more often!"
    #10 "...-san, than you for always supporting me! I'm grateful of that!"

#11 Fashion Show
    (The member does one spin on the place)
    #12 Miracle Movie (Will you successfully synch!? ~Synchro-game~)
    Rules: The member will read out a topic.
    At her signal, you'll both say what thing you mentally associate to it.
    If both of your ideas match... a miracle has happened?!
    Game example: "The topic is 'If I say red fruit'... One, two! 'Apple!' etc..."
    #13 A "try not to laugh" handshake event (Can the member keep from laughing!?)
    Rules: Make the member laugh within the filming's time limit
    You must not use any gadget to make her laugh

"I like eggs, but not boiled eggs. Today's story is a secret between me and ..."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Has Kentaro ever become a centaur? Because I did. At the first anniversary concert, on the last pose of the Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara performance, I and Mofu-chan became a centaur. Go watch it again on DMM and check it out!" (I failed to catch the reference of this one, I beg forgiveness... Someone will need to help me figure it out)
    [​IMG]

(Yup, Maho didn't bother following the script verbatim with this one and preferred to play around with the fan's nickname instead, asking if it's okay to "pen pen" him while doing a patting gesture (*´∀`*) )
    [​IMG]

"I want to walk together with you some time again, and then of course... 'oshiteshimauma' Maho!" (shimauma pose included)
    * In case it needs repeating it: "oshiteshumauma" is Maho's own long-running pun combining the words "support" (oshiteshimau) and "zebra" (shimauma)
    [​IMG]

Since the sessions happened relatively early in the day, I guess it makes sense that Maho preferred to do some Radio Taisou workouts rather than the ordinary Fashion Corner... (*´∀`*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

"If I say 'An electric appliance you currently want'..."
    "One, two, three..."
    Fan: "DVD" Maho: "Air purifier"
    GAME OVER!

Being the electric appliance geek she is, and having proven it many times before, I'm not really surprised that she would come up with this topic of all things, actually.
    [​IMG]

---

Today's brief Showroom stream.
    Just dropping by to thank fans for coming at handshake event today and for all their kind words they gave her. While at it, Maho also couldn't help letting out a bit of exasperation about the new selection "system" that they recently implemented (indeed, going by what fans have been telling on Twitter, the game of "pick the lucky trump card" that they had to go through in order to win an autograph from the members was confusing and totally skewed, leading many of them to lose way too often and waste tickets along with it -- things had to be pretty bad if even the idols felt personally frustrated by it :|).
    Also, after hearing Maho talk about it on yesterday's radio show, apparently some fan already rushed to get the fan-made Mayuyu avatar and decided to let her know about that. For the sake of those who didn't listen to it, Maho explained to the rest of the viewers that the Mayuyu fan community is currently running a small project: one Showroom user is handing out a special Mayuyu avatar and they are encouraging all Mayuyu fans to go get it by visiting the room in question, where it can be obtained in exchange for one gift (during the episode of PORT DE NGT she said "a heart", but here she referred to it as "a seed", which means that the room has to be one of the "Non-Professional" ones). The community's hope is that every fan will have the avatar ready for use. This way, in case Mayuyu will ever show up again on Showroom before her graduation, they'll be able to give her one last greeting by filling the entire room's audience with the same avatar!
    It goes without saying that Maho already got hold of it, by "sneaking secretely into the room" as she mentioned more in detail on radio.
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the user's Showroom, but in case someone is curious to see what the avatar looks like, it's the one in the #1 spot in this screenshot. A cute Synchro Tokimeki Mayuyu holding a trademark Muchichi doll:
    [​IMG]
    Also picking up from what she said yesterday on radio, she also repeated how she has currently set the background of her cellphone's lock screen to a picture created by the same fan community, and seized the opportunity to thank Mayuyu's fans for it. Of course, she also made it clear that she was careful to "borrow" only the pictures that were labeled as "free to use"... (*´ω`*)

Speaking of which, here's also yesterday's PORT DE NGT. Maho talked a bit about the Mayuyu fan community project at around 34:55 in, while replying to a letter from a listener who was in trouble because he can't find any "purpose in life" after Mayuyu will graduate.
    Her praise of Mayuyu before that point was also worthy of note, though, so for anyone who wants to listen to it, they may jump to 32:48, I'm also posting a quick translation to go with it (`・ω・´)
    «That's right, 31 October is the day of Halloween. Mayuyu will have her graduation concert, so it won't be a happy Halloween at all for me! I wanted it to be a "Happy Mayuyu", but graduation concerts are sad. But really, Mayuyu-san has everything an idol needs. If someone asks me what is an idol, I reply that in my eyes it's Mayuyu-san. What I like about Mayuyu-san is that she always acts like an idol, anywhere and at any time. I also love how she's so diligent. She's a person who doesn't speak much. How to say it, she's someone who doesn't face directly to the audience. She's not someone who flaunts about working hard. Of course, for an idol, showing off that you are working hard is important for gaining new fans. I assume that in a way it is important to communicate it. But Mayuyu-san practically doesn't use SNS at all, and even though she doesn't communicate it, her existence itself is a proof of hard work, this is what she's demostrating with her own person. Therefore, her presence is truly one-of-a-kind, that's why I've always been thinking that Mayuyu-san is idol-like, and that "idol" means Mayuyu-san.»

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom.
    • At long last, a full length stream to announce that the first round of the reservations for the second single's handshake event has started.
    • For some reason, while talking about Aomori being added to the list of venues, Maho got a bit carried away by the news and suddenly started talking for the first time ever in Aomori dialect. Miharu does sometimes, if rarely, but Maho never did. I don't know why, but I feel a bit baffled listening to her speak like that, but since the audience ruled that she sounds cute... (’・ω・`)
    • Before that, there also were some musing about Maho's desire to go watch Mayuyu's graduation concert, and how apparently she will be unable to attend it in any capacity. Which makes it even more despairing for her, because of all the gushing love for Mayuyu that she has demonstrated so far (once again, she brings up the fan-made avatar and fan-made phone wallpaper as just two examples of her making preparations for Mayuyu's graduation). "Even if I had to pay 30,000 or 50,000 yen, I wanted to sit at the Muchichi Premium Seats", in reference to the seats closest to the stage.
    • While she explained to the audience which way to go on the official website in order to submit their reservations, Maho even pulled off the miracle of remembering the password to log into her old Fortune Music account, which (as she explains) she made 6 years ago during her wota years to book for Nogizaka events. Anyway, after looking at the list of slots, Maho couldn't hide that she feels, like in the previous times, very unsure about being able to sell them out.
    • As soon as she finished, there came a well-timed comment from a viewer, confessing that "I made a reservation for Yamada (Noe) by mistake". Maho replied back with a pretty unexpected answer: "I'm getting told that quite often at handshake events: «I mixed up Yamaguchi with Yamada and made a reservation for her.» ... Seriously, he isn't even DD, he's my tan-oshi who always comes to meet me at the handshake event. ... Even though he never goes to other lanes and tends to come to me during my session every time, he suddenly tells me: «Sorry Mahohon, on the next session I'll have to go to Noepii, actually.» When I say «Eh, is it so? Does Noepii know?», he replies that «I mixed up Yamaguchi with Yamada, I took a ticket for Noepii's lane, but just one.» (laughs)". Above anything else, Maho points out that "Yes, tan-oshi, exist, they do. Stop calling them an endangered species, everyone."
    • That actually leads to a pretty long debate, in which Maho discusses where to draw the line at what's an acceptable mistake. First off, Maho concedes that in addition to being close to each other on the list, the names also have similar-looking characters. Also, if the guy is a tan-oshi who aways comes to her lane, she can easily brush the thing off as a mistake. Then again, some viewers jokingly argued that it feels as if "'Tan-oshi' has turned into the abbreviation of 'Simply (tan) having too many oshi(men)'" to point out the hypocrisy of some people, with Maho replying that she couldn't help but notice it has become a way too common saying among fans lately.
    • Copying what the original viewer said, some other viewer later tried to come off as funny, telling her that "I mixed up NGT with =LOVE and made a reservation for them instead.", but this time Maho's reply was a bit more moralizing and went from lighthearted to serious as she explained the context: "That's improbable, there's a limit to making mistakes. The mistake between Yamaguchi and Yamada that I mentioned before happens, albeit very very rarely ... but the person who said it honestly made that by mistake, and said that the cause was that he had presbyopia, which can't be helped. ... Even I, when I don't wear contact lenses, can't see anything, I can't tell people apart and mistake them. ... Presbyopia may happen even in your thirties, it's a path everyone will go through eventually. And so I replied to him that I too have been through such troubles, so it can't be helped.".
      Returning to lighter talk, the verdict was that of course there's no way one can mistake between NGT and =LOVE. Maho added that maybe it is possible, at most, to mistake between NGT and NMB, before suddenly stopping herself short.
      Before wrapping up the discussion, Maho seemed slightly concerned at the fact that some people in the audience mistook the matter for a joke (or worse yet as an excuse that they can use in the future). Considering that she made it clear to them that "saying that you made the mistake because of presbyopia, when you don't have presbyopia, is unacceptable", maybe she also perceived them as making light of the poor guy's eyesight condition. Once more, Maho seemed to relate with the guy's problem, when commenting how text on the site appears to be way too tiny if viewed on cellphone, since it's optimized for PC view, thus leading to these errors.
    • A throwaway question from a viewer, asking if it's okay to come to the handshake event even if you're American, suddenly fills Maho with pride. After replying that she can speak just enough English, she remembers how she was good at dealing with customers in English back when she worked as a part-timer at McDonald's. Not only that, but she also reminds that she used to be the best at English inside of NGT, bragging especially about the fact she beat even the members who were currently attending high school ...which only made Maho sadly surprised when, during the NGT "Obaka Test", she realized that she forgot a great deal of it after she stopped studying it for so long (however, she still managed well in the test in the end, so it was no big loss). Maho stops to reflect on this episode, remarking how people tend to think of her as looking "stupid", and how everyone was amazed by the results saying it was "unexpected". But as the proverb goes, appearances are deceiving, and so are first impressions.
    • Some viewer asked who was the top baka at the test, Maho of course replied it was Riko, "that girl is the real deal" she added. That of course gave her a golden opportunity to do yet another imitation of Riko, this time to show everyone how she acts like while on Showroom. Needless to say, she has gotten exceptionally good at it after watching her streams for so long, so she enjoyed herself for a disproportionate amount of time, being careful to mimic every single one of Riko's mannerisms and stock phrases, from her signature Ine Beam to the way she scolds viewers by repeating "kora kora".
      Of course, after she finished Maho didn't forget to put in also some good words about her little sister Riko, such as prasing her for always keeping a positive attitude. One of Riko's favorie stock phrases lately seems to be "believe in yourself", as she's repeats it to everyone as an encouragement, mainly for when someone say they didn't win a reservation for the theater show.
      According to a story by Maho (here she goes again with her imitation of Riko, speaking in a serious and reassuring tone): "She also tell that to me, «Ah, Riko, I'm so tired... I can't move at all», «It's alright, just believe in yourself. Maho can still move.». «Even if I believe in myself, I can't move at all.», I tell her deliberately, «Mahohon can't move even if she believes in herself», at which point she told me «In this case, believe in the future.», «If I believe in the future, will I feel energetic again?», «Don't worry, if you believe in the future you'll get better.» (laughs)". (´ω`*)
    • Finally, Maho took a moment to inform fans that on the 22th, BSN will air Niigata Zokkon Festa, in which NGT will also appear. Make sure to watch it~
    • Bonus highlight: Near the end of the stream, viewers started showing an extreme amount of attraction for the newly-hung Mayuyu poster, causing Maho to try and hide her butt from their sight. "«Don't touch it!», you say... It's because you shouldn't look at it!", although eventually even Maho had to openly acknowledge it's nicely shaped. Maho followed up with more of her typical praise of Mayuyu's "dazzling" cuteness and perfection, soon after that. (*´∀`*)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom was a pretty long two hours "special". To keep things short, I'll just keep the summary limited to some highlights that tickled my fancy...
    • Today's stream starts off pretty strong, with Maho introducing to all fans her new Cinnamon purchases which she got at the Sanrio shop in Niigata, located not so far from the Lovela building. And as a customer prize for buying over a certain amount of items, she even got a special stickers sheet to go along with it. So double yay!
      Pretty self-explanatory part, actually. Maho even took the trouble of explaining what the other character (called Chiffon) is and how it relates to the world of Cinnamon's friends, which is much appreciated. Other than that, she later reveals that she also purchased a stand to hold up plushies, since it just arrived at the store, and decided to unpack it and use it right away for her old Mayuyu Chanrio doll.
    • At around 16:10, the showcasing of her purchases is interrupted when a viewer asks for advice on what to buy for her girlfriend. Here starts a heated debate with viewers to come up with the right gift to get. Maho's thoughts go immediately toward Cinnamon, suggesting him half in jest to buy a Moka-chan plushie. Jokes aside, and continuing after a taking break to finally assemble the stand, Maho argues that in case you're already in a relationship any gift would probably be okay, even if you screw up -- it's only on the first date, before a relationship, that the content of the gift should be important. Some viewer abruptly disagree, countering that "if you fail, your life is on the line" and prompting Maho's shocked reaction.
      The discussion swiftly veers to what gifts can possibly cause such a breakup (Maho guess it has to be something that clearly expresses one's dislike, like a slug or a cicada husk, to which a viewer quipped "Are they elementary schoolers?"). Other viewers named some of the "bad" gifts they received from their partners that left a traumatic experience, much to Maho's amusement. Some of them included: a Tiffany necklace from the husband, a tasteless shirt (but Maho adviced: "you can still use it as clothing for home though") and (strangely enough) some handcream. Nevertheless, Maho can't help but sympathize for the buyers of the gifts who spent time and effort looking for them.
      Also, some other viewer recommended that it's better to give as gift something that doesn't last forever (in other words, a consumer product like a cosmetic) instead of something that it's there to stay forever, but Maho replies that the latter is much more preferable.
    • At this point, Maho decides to bring the debate to a conclusion. She tries to put herself in the shoes of a hypothetical boyfriend and wonders what she would give to her girlfriend. Of course, Maho's imaginary girlfriend in this simulation is a "girl whose name starts with Ri" (guess who).
      Assuming that her girlfriend like cherries, which look cute, Maho would definitely buy her stylish smartphone case with cherries printed on it. And since her girlfriend also likes an odd-looking plushie called Mint-kun, she also gave her a similar plushie to her before even though it wasn't her birthday. Besides, Maho can't help but point out what a good girl her "girlfriend" is and how any gift would make her happy anyway, maybe even the cicada husk that she mentioned before... so she decides that it is better to quit it right there and move onto some more serious argument, this time proposing to get something like a necklace or bracelet.
      In the end, Maho's words of advice are: don't buy gifts according to your own personal tastes, it's much better to go ask the store's staff for what items are more popular among girls of the same age. Here Maho tells the example of a male fan who kept sending clothes for her as a gift, and how they all happened to match her preferences much to Maho's surprise. When she met him again at the handshake event and decided to ask him personally how he managed to do it, she found out that he used this same method, looking at what clothes are on display on the mannequins and asking which one is the most popular.
      Buying gift from mail order sites is also okay in Maho's opinion, especially since selecting a certain brand and just picking from the top ranked items is both simple and fail-safe.
    • Resuming her Cinnamon showcase, at about 35:20, she presents the last item for today: a Cinnamon plushie decorated with a pink ribbon, in a "Sailor Moon" fashion (or so it looks in Maho's eyes). Maho explains that the entire collection consisted of 7 different colors and really wanted to purchase all of them, but she was unable to since "It's not like I am a millionarie" and not all of them were in stock ...before pulling out one more wearing a blue ribbon, as a final surprise (for some reason while doing a Hikakin voice impression at the same time to introduce it...).
    • Maho talking about a recent problem she is having at handshake events. Despite doing her best to keep in mind the names of the fans visiting her, the matter is apparently that there are too many fans with names too similar and it's becoming hard for her to remember them all, i.e. names ending with -fumi or ending with kazu-. To solve it, she proposed to start using nicknames, even better if they have already been using one since before.
      As someone who remembers fans by their appearance, she it's says even harder for her when it comes to female fans, since they keep changing hair color and make-up every time they return to the akushukai, thus looking different from the first time they met.
    • Despite giving the impression of having lots of ossan fans, Gatanee and Ayanyan fans actually are pretty young. And when it comes to the Nogizaka fans, since many of whom paid a visit to her lane at the time of the Toki Messe event, Maho confesses she was surprised to find out they were even younger than her. The more you know...

The second hour was mostly dedicated to a question corner instead, among the answers that Maho gave:
    • Maho's latest obsession is Youtubers, to be more precise gaming channels, this even though she doesn't play games, nor has ever thought of buying them. This apparently started after she listened to one her favorite female showbiz personalities talk about the subject on TV, saying that it's fun to watch the reaction of the people as they play it. Going more in detail, Maho says she especially loves watching Hikakin playing Splatoon ("the game Ayutaro and Otaki play"), which also explains why lately she couldn't stop making those Human Beatbox imitations on SR. Not only does she like the "nice guy" vibes he gives off, but that almost makes her want to get the game too, she says.
    • Maho's overall favorite entertainer is of course Lotti. Maho makes it as clear as possible that she isn't saying it as a flattery, even pointing out how other members tell her "Mahohon isn't a type who gives flatteries, if she makes a compliment I can believe her". On top of being both funny and kind, what Maho finds great about them is that they are good friends with each other, even when the cameras are off. As an example, Maho tells how they always keep the same open and friendly attitude they have on TV, and are willing to speak and joke even during breaks, both with the members and among themselves. In her opinion, the fact they are the same both on stage and off stage, without being double-faced, is what sets them apart from all other entertainers.
      In speaking of Niigatta Friend, Maho, together with the viewers, also had some fun looking back at her previous appearance on the program. Most understandably, that scene of her eating the crocodile meat made a lasting impression on the viewers and some even wished to see it again someday. Apparently many people said they wanted the program to be broadcast on a nationwide scale. In that regard, Maho is grateful of the great ratings that the show is getting in Niigata, and how the fact they're on the rise means that a nationwide broadcast is a feasible dream. On the other hand, she must also admit there's still a long way to go to gain recognition in the other prefectures, as evidenced in the recent Toyama chapter. Then again, they've just began broadcasting in there...
    • When asked about what NGT's second single is going to be like, Maho replied that (concept-wise?) it can be summed up in one word as "aozora" (blue sky). That's all. (`・ω・´)
    • Maho also received some praise for the good job she's doing on NGT radio shows -- on which, as she admits, she's been showing up quite a lot lately. Interestingly, here she revealed that she decides whether to play the role of boke or tsukkomi based on each episode's lineup, giving consideration to who are the other members that'll be appearing with her. For example, in case all the other members are juniors, she decides to go easy and not tsukkomi-ing them, being willing to serve as a boke for their jokes instead.
    • Last but not least, a question came in regarding Maho's tendency to always look after Riko and often pamper her, and Maho couldn't hold herself from expressing a heartfelt praise for her. Here she recalls: "Yesterday, I had lunch with Aina. She said, «Maho spends a lot of moments together with Riko. If Maho praises Riko so much, she must truly be a nice girl» This is true, I always stay together with Riko ... and there isn't a single thing about her I'd call bad, I truly think she's really nice girl. When speaking about Riko, every member says that there's no girl who's as pure as her. I think that too. Because of that, lately Mofu and the make-up staff were doubting her pureness... not quite that, but they asked if Riko ever felt hatred for anyone, if she ever got mad at anyone. They kept bombarding her with questions, and she kept replying (Riko's voice impression) «No, never! Never!». But really, she's a girl who doesn't have a corrupted heart at all. She's an angel, or a fairy. Certainly not a human. Human beings have some animosity inside, right? So she can't be a human. (Inside of humans) there's of course kindness and consideration for others, but also pain, hatred, and sadness. The presence of all those things is what means you are a human, but since Riko has no such sentiments of hatred, I'm led to think Riko can't be a human being, but a fairy. The most fairy-like of fairies."
      In addition, describing how it feels like to be together with Riko: "Therefore, when we are together I too feel like trying doing my best again. I feel as if my spirit has been cleansed. ... Being with Riko is not just fun. How to say it? Being purified? It's like returning to being pristine. In a way, I respect her for that". As expected, before all this expression of true affection, the comments from viewers couldn't be anything but "MahoRiko is for real". Long live MahoRiko. (*´∀`*)

---

Bonus: Since this week's episode of Niigatta Friend features Maho along with Mofu and Maumau, and since Maho has talked at length about Lotti on SR, here's a video she uploaded on Instagram today of them taking a break at the episode's location (´▽`)
    [​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/ngt48_insta_bot/status/922491078455914499

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's Showroom.
    • Maho shared some words (very few actually) about next week's Niigata Friend, after a viewer commented about seeing her cry in the teaser at the end of the episode. She just hinted that it was a scary and startling experience and she didn't imagine she would end up crying so much because of it, before reminding not to miss it. Now I'm curious to know what it's all about.
    • One more addition to Maho's ever-growing Cinnamon collection, this time she decided to change her cover phone with a new one made to celebrate Cinnamon ranking 1st at the Sanrio Character Sousenkyo.
      [​IMG]
      On a side note, although she says she always checks if any new product is in stock every time she visits Niigata's Sanrio shop, Maho seems to be a bit bothered about the selection being pretty limited in there... (*。_。)
    • Beginning with the question of a viewer asking for her shoe size, the rest of the stream was occupied by Maho telling about a recent problem she has with finding clothes of her right size. She told how recently she went around buying new clothes to wear at the next handshake events, only to find out that they're too large in size, which forced her to personally add a few extra stitches to make all of them fit. The same thing usually happens with the theater costumes, what with being hand-me-downs tailored for other members, but while she usually does it herself on her own clothes, at least she has the costume staff helping her out. "Losing weight and yet being unable to dress stylishly is the worst thing", which only makes Maho want to put weight back to remedy.
      Apparently the situation left Maho with this worry constantly haunting her mind when it's time to buy new clothes: to wrap up the discussion, she tells about a funny episode which happened yesterday while she was trying out a skirt at some shop. When she found that it was too big, she walked up to the poor store clerk and said by mistake "The waist is too large, can you apply some stitches to it?", before promptly correcting her Freudian slip and actually asking for another of a smaller size. (´∀`*)
      This is sort of a mundane talk, I know, but I'm bringing it up also because it reminded me of a specific scene in the NGT episode of All Night Nippon. When ~someone~ asked "What's one object that indicates you have become an adult, once you start carrying it with you", Maho was quick to reply "sewing set". The other two members were a bit puzzled and didn't get it even after she explained using the Japanese name for it, but in hindsight now that answer makes a lot of sense...

---

Bonus: A tale of love in two scenes
    "She was so cute I was almost about to give her a kiss" (*´∀`)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/923194569474191360
    https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/923194957279543296

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yesterday's Showroom, Maho promoting the Aomori's mini-event in her own personal way...
    • As a reminder to fans: the details about the mini-handshake event have finally being revealed, and it turns out that Aomori was added to the list of scheduled venues. However, with the date drawing near, and as one of the members who's been assigned to this event, Maho has but one concern haunting her. To quote the dialogue in the stream:
      Maho: "But will people come to Aomori? ... (reading a comment) «100 people will come». There's no way even 100 will come."
      Viewer: "I won't be able to go there with my body, but I will go to Aomori with my heart and soul"
      Maho: "There's lots of people like that... I'm glad that you'll go there with your heart, but I assume everyone feels like that, and will go there just with their heart. Therefore, it'll be just ...5 actual people there maybe."
    • Fortunately, it's not long before someone from the audience asks for recommendations about tourists spots in Aomori, and so Maho takes it upon herself to give a promotional pitch about the best part of her prefecture, also in hopes of giving fans one more reason to come there. She states that in Aomori the seafood is good, and asks if anyone has heard of the so-called oma tuna: with fishing harbors in the area thriving it also means that the quality of fish is good and so Maho wants fans to have a taste of it at the local sushi restaurants. So don't be shy and go visit it -- I might add.
    • Failing that, Maho decides to use a more direct method, straight-up pleading viewers to go there. Jokingly, she assures them that it's going to be a kami-event, "that's why nobody will be there" ...before quickly coming to her senses and reflecting: since Aomori is among the least populated prefectures in Japan, even in contrast to closest prefectures like Hokkaido which are teeming with activity, it's only to expected that people wouldn't come. Here comes the twist, though: "But if you consider that, then the Aomori event is expected to be a kami-event! You expect no other people is going to come, so everyone will come as a result.", she comments ironically. "But really, it seems as if nobody is going to come, to say it straightforwardly".
    • Shortly afterward, a question asking what to use to travel from Niigata to Aomori gives Maho one more chance to launch into a promotion of her prefecture. Maho suggests riding on a certain train service to get there, as soon as she mentions shinkansen she also remembers to inform them that the trains running on the line between Niigata and Aomori are also pretty luxurious: extra deluxe "grand class", electric sockets available at every seat, comfortable seats with swiveling headrest and large enough for all sizes, you name it... As such, even if traveling is bothersome, she assures that riding on their trains is so pleasurable that you won't feel it a hassle. Some viewer later adds that they also serve soft drinks inside and you can drink them as much as you wish, which makes even Maho surprised. "Because of it, Aomori is going to be a kami-event!"
    • But anyway, returning to a more serious attitude, the bottom line is that even if it won't be a kami-event or anything, Maho still wishes that the her mini-akushukai will turn out to be somewhat of a success anyway. Wishing everyone a good night, she reminds fans one more time of the Joetsu event scheduled the day after Aomori's, before softly excusing herself for the "weird mood" of today's stream.
      Nothing better to defuse some anxiety than some irony, if you ask me. (*´ω`*)
    • By the way, as you may have noticed, there were some troubles with making Mayuyu-san stand up, but that just adds to the fun... (´∀`*)

---

Bonus: A couple of recent posts from Photolog

Maho's two-part comment about the Hello Kitty collaboration. She clearly isn't someone who switches allegiances so quickly:
    "#Sanrio
    This time, NGT48 had the chance to do a joint collaboration with Sanrio-san, which I love so so so much.
    I'm so happy.
    Repeating that I wanted to do a collaboration with Sanrio-san wasn't futile after all..."

* That's actually a half truth, in reality Maho always said it loud and clear that she wanted to do a collaboration specifically with Cinnamon, but whatcha gonna do... (*・ω・)
    "#Cinnamon
    However, my favorite is Cinnamon.//(o・ω・o)\\
    I've been loving him ever since elementary school.❤"

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/923451229899857921
    https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/923557349834481665

And for anyone wondering what Maho and Riko have been up to these days:
    "Sanrio Puro Land
    Together with 『Mahohon』, this was my first time ever at Puro Land. It was very, very, veeeery fun.
    We watched the shows, went on the rides, it was pretty much a dream-like world.

Enjoying ourselves until Halloween comes around, it was really fun.

Even today, we took pictures and videos one after another and then looked back at them.
    Having the chance to do a collaboration with Sanrio-san... I feel so lucky for that. "

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/923904472849321985

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    1-shot videos taken at today's handshake event. It seems that, despite all the stock phrases to choose from, the request fell mostly on the "Fashion show" this time. Apparently the dress she's wearing this time is also a collaboration between Shiraishi Mai and some fashion brand, as she informs the fans filming her and later wrote on Photolog. Always good to know.
    There were also some exceptions, though, so for the other stock phrases:
    "...-san, leave this part to me!"
    [​IMG]
    "I like ...-kun more than anyone else in the world (ad-lib from Maho) ...but the fact you go to different lanes..."
    [​IMG]
    "When I see ... working so hard, even Maho feels like wanting to do her best. Let's do our best together, okay?"
    [​IMG]
    "I've grown to like ...-san more and more since I've been meeting ...-san"
    [​IMG]

Also, a special session was available at today's event called "Picture card". Fans had a chance to win a special card with the member's signature on the back, while on the front was a print of the member's drawing, which was on display on the Autumn-themed "art exhibition" held at the same venue.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Today's Showroom. Luckily enough, Maho shared the same hotel room with Riko, so obviously there was no end to the hijinks between these two. (*゜∀゜)
    • More notable classics: 6:50 for the usual "Cherry picking" joke, with Maho suddenly grabbing Riko by her twintails
    • ...while at around 8:10 the good old one-shot gag "Riko Doko?" "Koko Riko!" ("Where's Riko?" "Here's Riko!") makes a comeback under the title of "Eighteen", which is a surprise since they said in a SR broadcast back in a January that this was actually going to be their last time doing the performance (due to Riko being annoyed by it, one can guess). (´∀`*)
    • Starting from 13:10, they put on a little melodramatic act in which Maho tells Riko about the scary experience she had been through on Niigatta Friend recently: while at first she thought that the multicolored carps looked cute when seen from afar, they were actually pretty scary and huge as she walked upclose. As the acting gets more exaggerated, Maho tells how she "believed" they were about to eat her and pretends to cry while thinking back to it.
      Riko promptly plays along with her charade by providing her "moral support": "Calm down, please. There also times like that, but as you become an adult and get older these things will stop being scary. You'll become able to approach the carps, and say "Carp, come here". Even though you're shedding tears, if you also mature along with it, one day you'll also be able to get along with the carps". The motivational speech then ends Riko's all-purpose advice: "Therefore, believe in yourself!" followed by the two of them hugging as a sign of "gratitude". (*´∀`)
    • Finally, this leads to 14:50, where Maho gets inspired to do an imitation of the way Riko acts when on Showroom, exactly to point out how she has recently taken to repeating "believe in yourself" as a recurring phrase to reassure everyone, about anything. Here she starts off with a typical example: "Oopaloopa-san, thank you for reserving a seat at the theater show. ...huh? But you didn't win it? Don't worry. Even if you don't win a reservation for the theater, don't worry. Just believe in yourself."

That's not enough, though. Maho mentions how, some time before, she was having a talk with Riko and was worried that she wouldn't be able to catch the shinkansen if she didn't hurry. As the story goes, Riko's response was "Don't worry, if you believe in yourself you'll catch it", to which Maho replied back "Will I be able to catch it even if I don't get there on time?". Riko reassured that: "Yep, even if it may something impossible to fulfill, if you believe in yourself, you'll be able to catch it. Therefore believe in yourself", but that wasn't enough and Maho still replied that she couldn't believe in herself in that case, so Riko followed up with a heartfelt "It's still alright, believe in the future then..." (´∀`*)

As usual, Maho didn't forget to tell Riko that this mindset is actually a good thing and commented about Riko's fans being all good people, too. After she revealed that they also send replies to Maho's mobame and that she noticed their messages are completely filled with emoji (like their oshimen's), she couldn't help pointing out that they really do resemble Riko herself.
    • One last "screenshot time" to end today's broadcast, complete with Rittan's sakuranbo pose and Maho playing around with Riko's twintails once again to perform her "Cherry picking" gag. (´∀`*)

Alternate version from Riko's camera, a bit more extended at the beginning and from another angle:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Day 2 of the handshake event. It looks like that even today, at the 1-shot movie session, the "Fashion show" was in high demand among Maho's fans. Unlike yesterday, this time Maho's choice of dress was this glittery and fluttery gown, which she described for this reason as "fairy-style". Not the sakuranbo fairy kind, but (quoting her explanation) the Tinkerbell kind, actually... (*´ω`*)
    As for the rest, here's a couple other stock phrases, out of those available for picking on today's menu:
    "...-san, aren't you late? Where did you go, idiot!"
    [​IMG]
    "Can I be ...-san's girlfriend?"
    [​IMG]

Bonus: More lovely photos of Maho preparing her recipe, from the "exhibition" corner of the handshake event (*´ω`*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

---

In other news... while I was going through some NGT Showroom recordings from the past couple of days, I came across this announcement from Ogiyuka, which needs to be shared with everyone: Maho and Ayanyan, along with her, are going to appear together on a gravure special that will be published in the Christmas (December?) issue of BLT.
    All three of them together, that's right. I don't know why, I assumed up until now that the staff of these pin-up magazines was more interested in pushing NyanMaho as a pair than anything else.
    Also, I always wonder why they keep picking the most inconvenient places possible where to make such announcements (when it's not Showroom, it's on Photolog).
    Commenting about it, she also said that: "I thought that if I were to appear together with Ayanyan and Mahohon, they would have publicly put me to shame in terms of looks. Ayanyan surely did it, but with Mahohon it went finer than expected. ... Ayanyan was on a worshippable level, of course. With Mahohon, I felt like it went better than expected for me." Of course, it's not like she meant to look down on her with this, but... Hmmm...? (-`ω´-;)
    Regardless, they just had their photoshoot for it on that same day, and since it's scheduled for release on Christmas she informed that it's going to radiate a full-on Christmas atmosphere.
    Please look forward to it and get your money ready for preorder~

16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    bonus photo from HS is too gorgeous :inlove: Mahohon beautiful. I hope she would have great model career :blush: like now Beris and Berika, I hope she is next! SONY support her onegai!

17. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Oh, Maho... (´∀`*)
    "#3rd Draft

I'm a 3rd generation Draftee who aspires to be in NGT48.
    My charming feature is my short cut hair!
    My favorite song from NGT48 is Max Toki 315-go.
    I even attended the Request Hour concert once!

My oshimen is Sugahara Riko-san, she may be a total airhead and silly, but I love her pure side.
    Since I come from Aomori, I want to become an apple fairy."

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/927905925783961600/

---

Yesterday's completely casual Showroom.
    I have nothing to say, except enjoy Maho picking up and answering random comments from viewers.

On other news, looks like we'll finally have a MahoRiko episode of Niigatta Friend very soon. The owners of this kids gym just reported on their site that they paid a visit to their establishment just the day before. ( ゚∀゚ )
    https://twitter.com/undouasobijuku/status/928447668988162048
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/warakashi/e/5e4afcaeb0a33e432cee63260ba188c6
    Come to think of it, since they were in Kashiwazaki and Kashiwakazi is home to Echigon, maybe it would have been better if they had brought along his top fan Ayakani, which would've also completed the trio of good friends, instead of... you know who...

19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Another short short Showroom that she had just yesterday (`・ω・´)
    • The first part of the stream is all about Maho raving about her new Cinnamon item: a big hood-wearing Cinnamon doll!
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      This big dude is a recent acquisition, which she got directly at Sanrio Puro Land (maybe on the same day she went there with Riko?). She tells that it took her over ten unsuccessful tries to catch it, at which point the amusement park staff noted that she wouldn't be able win it at this rate and so they agreed to make the game easier upon her request. How kind. (*´ω`*)
      At any rate, what makes Maho glad is that she could win an authentic one at these games, since, as she remarks, all the ones found at the regular crane games at the game center are counterfeits with a "strange face different from normal Cinnamon" and so she tends to avoid them.
      That's not the end of the story, though. Today, she reveals, she received some gifts from fans and among them was the same stuffed toy she had previously won. That links back to another talk she had some time back on Showroom, but apparently it's becoming a pretty common occurance that fans send her Cinnamon goods that are already part of her collection, which I guess attests to how big her personal collection has become. Anyway, realizing how much money and time it would've probably taken for him/her to get this doll for her, she couldn't help feel a bit anguished and so she gave them a deep thank you for their efforts.
    • The second half of the stream is instead devoted to mini-akushukai that she'll have in Aomori in two days.
      On this occasion, Maho remembers once again to give a promotion of her prefecture, by way of suggesting to all fans who'll come to the event what local souvenirs to bring back home.
      Being Aomori well known for its apples, the first thing she recommends are some premium Nebuta apple juice as well as some Yakkoi Sabure flat apple-filled cookies, which she guarantees are delicious and hard to find outside of the prefecture. The seafood is also the top in the national rankings, so she encourages fan to visit the traditional sushi restaurants to taste not only the oma tuna, but also squid, scallops and (as she adds later) a sea urchins stew locally known as "ichigoni". It's also much better if the fans come in a group, so they can all have a nice dinner together at some seafood restaurant.
      Also, "When you go spend the night at the hotel, buy some Aomori-grown apples at the nearby supermarket. This way, you can give them a wash back at hotel and eat them whole. Please give it a taste."
      Senbei seems to be pretty a good speciality in there too, having also won in the national "B Gourmet Granprix".
      Yum yum. (*´ω`*)
      Moving out of all the food talk and onto recommended tourist spots, she gets reminded that there's also an aquarium in the area, namely the Asamushi Aquarium, where one can see a species of penguins that are nowhere else in Japan.
      Unfortunately, time was starting to run out while Maho was fully absorbed in her speech and she had to stop herself short, so thus ends this day's broadcast.

---

Bonus 1: In anticipation of the Aomori akushukai, Maho, Miharu and Renapon (the three members who'll be at the event) appeared today on "Wacchi!!", a morning program from Aomori TV. Click on the thumbnails for the three-part recording:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bonus 2: KaniMaho out shopping (supposedly), from yesterday's Photolog
    [​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/928623319393320960

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  20. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I find NGT48 members interviews are never boring. Well haven't found a boring one yet. My bias though.