1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Part 2 below.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho acting in her first lead role on movie. “Even if you have no self-confidence, doing things believing in your limitless potential is still important”

[​IMG]

Yamaguchi Maho has achieved her first main protagonist acting on the big screen with the fantasy horror movie “Chocolat no Mahou”, which will be screened from early Summer 2021. The original work at its basis is the popular young girls manga going by the same title, created by Mizuho Rino. How did Yamaguchi go about playing in the role of Chocolat, who in exchange for realizing people’s wishes with her chocolates, would then take away from them what is that person’s most cherished thing? What she felt while at the set stage, the movies’s own highlights, as well as her inner emotions at present -- she talked with us about any of that. (Second half of the two-part article)

-- Usually, how do you go about memorizing your script lines?

Yamaguchi: Since I am living by myself, I would go on to memorize them energetically also on my own, alone. I had been hearing that during the evening one’s memorization faculties become more active, so I tend most often to memorize them before going to sleep. Also, I go about doing speaking practices while being in the bathtub, constantly staring at the mirror and without changing my expression too much at it. When in the bathroom, my speech lines would echo around inside of the room and I can get to hear them back, so it’s good in that sense. (laugh)

-- On another note, what would Yamaguchi-san wish for, if she could have Chocolat make that come true?

Yamaguchi: Hmmm… There’s no limit to a wish, right? (laugh) In this case, it would be hard with one alone, but… Right now, it would be great if, right now, everyone would be living on in good health. Assuming there would be the kind of chocolate candies that would let everyone return to their old everyday lives, it would be great if I could distribute it all the world over, and with it help get a truly happy society to spread on -- that’s what I am earnestly thinking.

-- Do you ever dream of having magical powers?

Yamaguchi: Back when I was little, I certainly did. Yet, while they can’t cast magic spells and such, people still have a limitless potential within themselves all the same, the way I think of it. That is to say, I feel that there are hardly if any things that you can’t make come true if you try believing in it. It’s my belief that -- rather than going about things while telling yourself that you can’t possibly pull off what you find is impossible to you -- it is undoubtedly better to go about things with the conviction that you can actually do it. So, even if you have no self-confidence in yourself, isn’t doing things believing in your limitless potential still important, after all? -- so are my thoughts.

-- Going from that, after graduating from NGT48 back in 2019 you then went on to work in your activities as a solo entertainer. Is there anything that you have been very mindful about with a renewed effort, once you have gone solo?

Yamaguchi: After going solo and joining in my agency, the first thing they have done for me at the very beginning was to arrange for a photobook and set up a fan club, so I would constantly be reflecting about what kind of things I’d like to create, and what kind of things I’d like to get communicated out, even for what it concern the fan club too. Over at the fan club, one thing I want to do is to express myself in a way that would feel close and personal to people, more so than it may already be on other social media. As my basic principle, I like to have people enjoy themselves, so for this reason, be it on my blog and in fan club events, I always put out my best efforts to get everyone to have a laugh. If people would look at it and find it amusing, that makes me happy.

-- After starting off your solo career, there has been also a certain period last year which you spent confined at home [note: due to Covid-19 lockdown emergency], but is there anything that has changed in the way of everyday life, with it?

Yamaguchi: During the stay-at-home period last year I tried my hand at cooking. I went on to buy all varieties of cooking tools to have everything at my disposal, and either by measuring ingredient quantities by eye, by relying on my intuition, or while consulting recipe websites, I then went on preparing food. Until that moment in life I had never done any cooking, but I could feel I had a good sense at it, after all. (laugh) Even though the outside appearance wasn’t all that inviting, the seasoning was my forte anyway. That would be having a good sense, right? (laugh) The taste was so good, I can tell you! Along with that, I wanted to make every which corner of my house clean and neat. Even the drainage gutter, and the washbasin… I set out and got busy cleaning up everything, until I could get myself a virus-free environment inside of my own house, I mean.

-- You are the type of person that can’t stop doing something once you have set out doing it, isn’t it?

Yamaguchi: That’s right. Once I get hooked into something once, I can’t get myself to quit anymore. Still, I am just way too much invested into things for my own good, and since I end up plunging myself into all kinds of different stuff, even I too end up thinking “This way there’ll be no end to it, this ain’t good“. (laugh)

-- What is something that you would like to get your word out about, next up after that?

Yamaguchi: Even on usual times, I love to write down for keeps anything that floats in my mind. Even my personal interests are extremely particular. Right now, that would be… masks, surely. I have been buying and trying out various kinds of masks, measuring their sizes and taking notes about it, to the point that I now feel like writing the world’s most easily accessible review blog about masks. Some mask come with their own certain tints of color, some others have a strong filtering ability, et cetera… I feel like that the varieties I have tried out now must be numbering far beyond 30 already. Those masks made of non‐woven fabric, I have tried them out almost all of them, among those that have been already on the market since before. The size fittingness, the easiness to breathe through it, how comfortable it is to wear it, “if you are looking for a mask looking fashionable THIS is the right one!” -- and so on, I have been doing lots of researching on it on my own. Also, there’s also aromatic fragrances. Since, sure enough, now I tend to stay inside at home more frequently, I took to collecting many kinds of perfumes, and so I have also gotten into burning incense. My favorite right now is the burning incense of the “hibi” brand. This is a burning incense that lasts for just about one minute, but anyway you can easily light it up and then have it consume out all inside of one specifically-made vessel, so for this reason I would also bring that over with myself to use when I stay over at the hotels, and actually even over at the backstage room during the theater play “Hashire Melos” (of last September) I went to burn one there, also.

-- Once again, the live action movie adaptation of “Chocolat no Mahou”, of which you had also been a fan, will be coming out to the audience in the early Summer, so can you give a message to all the people who are now looking forward to it?

Yamaguchi: Since this has been produced while giving precious consideration about the world atmosphere of the original work, I would like for everyone to go ahead and let themselves get immersed into the world of “Chocolat no Mahou”. And even regarding the chocolate candies that Chocolat would prepare, what is placed in there are actual chocolate candies prepared by patissier masters, so I hope you’ll also take a special look at that too. They are so extremely cute at that! This is also a fantasy horror work inside of which many interpersonal relationships are portrayed inside, so I am convinced that even people who do not know the original series are bound to enjoy it. Either with all of your family, or even alone, by all means, I would still be more than happy if you can come over to cinemas to watch it.

-- For last, what kind of actress do you wish to become from here on?

Yamaguchi: Personally, I find people with the ability to have an impact and inspire something in the people who are watching them to be amazing. As such, I can only wish to be able to become an actress that would get people watching me to reflect about the role I am in, in this same way.

---
    Source: https://entamenext.com/articles/detail/11527

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Quick translation of mine for the report of the premiere of the movie that was held just today inside of the city of Niigata.

On another note, also today various teaser clips for the music video of the theme song by mzsrz had been uploaded on the group's Instagram account, and from some of them it looks like it will include action scenes featuring Maho. Click below to have a look at them:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQI3IzdjoFN/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQLbh13jU1L/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQLbshHD3CR/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQLcAyBjRqg/

Stories:
    https://streamable.com/kl4c2i
    https://streamable.com/jhnuay

Full video will be released on the YouTube channel on June 23.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho appearing at the on-stage greetings for the Niigata pre-schedule premiere of the movie “Chocolat no Mahou”!

[​IMG]

The pre-schedule premiere screening for the movie “Chocolat no Mahou”, which will be out from June 18 (Friday), has just been held at the Aeon Cinema Niigata Minami in the prefecture of Niigata, with both Yamaguchi Maho, who worked as the lead actor inside, and director Moriwaki Tomonobu, carrying out also a small talk show corner while there.

With also the fact that the prefecture of Niigata is the place of activities in which Yamaguchi Maho had worked in the past, tickets for the preview premiere screening went sold out during the very same day of sale -- it is amidst such an enthusiastic public response, that the event was thus held. In the opening, Yamauchi told, showing herself to be emotionally moved, “I felt so very happy when I heard that the tickets for our on-stage greetings became sold out on the day they went out. While rain was pouring when I was still over at the capital, once I arrived in Niigata the weather also got better, which made me all the more glad. And, likewise, I also feel truly happy that the preview screening of the movie could also be held here, in the Niigata prefecture!”.

Director Moriwaki recounted of how “As far as the Niigata prefecture is concerned, I only went there for skiing, but anyway the staff has also told me that tarekatsudon is must-have”, at which point Yamaguchi replied with a “My personal suggestion is to have a dish of tarekatsudon and hekisoba together”, recommending him what are famous specialities of Niigata, with the fans present in the room getting into a great ferment in reaction.

Regarding his personal impression of Yamaguchi at the time of when he first met her, in the talk show between the two that ensued, director Moriwaki related about how “When I got to meet her for the first time, at the try-on fitting for the costume, I could already perceive a certain atmosphere coming from Yamaguchi-san, having within an unique vibe implicit to it, but then once she changed to her stage outfit her impact as Aikawa Chocolat turned out even stronger still, so much so that I found myself wondering how better I could approach her...”, with Yamaguchi, getting in a familiar tone, then saying for her part that “Even for me too, since the personal impression I had of the director was of one with the typical character which Kansai people tend to have, back at the beginning I used to have no idea of what manner I could have approached him. But I feel (thinking about it right now) that the director really worked on to make myself feel comfortable and more at ease, after all.”

In what was yet another segment, looking back at the time of the shootings, which took place the end of last year, director Moriwaki described his memories of it, saying: “The first day of the shootings for Chocolat had been an extremely cold day, with rain also starting to pour down while in the middle of it all -- well, the way how, during such a time, she kept standing up nonetheless with such a determined attitude, not letting herself be overcome by any of that, and the sight of her still walking on like that... I still remember it was then, while looking at that, that I became confident this was bound to turn into a great movie.”, and Yamaguchi too, also recalling back, told in response to it, “That moved me to tears”. Moving then on to stories about the final day of the shootings, the discussion topic turned to the chocolate candies prepared for the occasion by the patissier master Yoroizuka Toshihiko; as Yamaguchi recounted: “Not only did they naturally look good, but they were also so delicious!”, Moriwaki commented “I didn’t have the chance to eat any of that, myself: the staff flocked around them and ate it all for themselves. (laugh)”, which had the entire venue get animated with laughters.

For the final salutations, director Moriwaki talked of his own sentiments: “Basing it on the same fantastic world atmosphere from the original work, we have at the same time worked on creating it by picking up what are the deepest and most profound aspects of people’s nature: human weakness, envy, and so on. As such, this too is yet another point definitely worth seeing”. Yamaguchi, also giving her own thoughts about the movie, said: “I feel truly happy about having gotten to meet with all of you here at this place. There will be two more days left until the release, and I feel motivated to keep on giving my best efforts. It would make me more than glad if you would enjoy yourselves watching this movie, as well.” The movie Chocolat no Mahou will receive its nationwide release on June 18 (Friday).

---
    Source: https://universal-press.jp/news/9208

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Video from MaiDigi of the on-stage greetings that were held on the opening day in Tokyo (more precisely, as stated by other articles during the day, at Aeon Cinema Itabashi), along with the rest of the cast (and mzsrz also making their appearance there later on, also to present the music video):

if the video does not show watch the video here

---​

On another note, the link to mzsrz's full music video for "Unbalance" is already up on YouTube already and as said previously it will premiering on June 23 (10 PM Japan time, to be exact).
    I'll leave the link here for later, but to stay updated, a reminder can be set on already even from now, anyway.

In the meantime, you can read more infos about it here, in this translation of an article from Barks from June 17:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VG8ySkvtZAAsI7lTO8tDoJiKRMVPo1efqXsSs5JyXYQ/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Many articles today to announce the release of the music video today on news sites (Billboard Japan, etc ...), but I figured that the one Avex published on their own portal really does it all of them.
    Many more infos on the production, the background, the message, and so on. Enjoy it.
    Of course, I think there's no necessity to link to the video, since it's already available in the post above mine.
    ---

mzsrz (mizushirazu) releases today the MV for their latest single “Unbalance”, theme song for the movie “Chocolat no Mahou”. The beautiful sword performance by Yamaguchi Maho (lead actor in the same movie), making a guest appearance inside, also a hot topic!!!

[​IMG]

The music video for “Unbalance” -- the theme song for the movie “Chocolat no Mahou” currently out in cinemas, as well as the latest song from “mzsrz (mizushirazu)”, the all-teenager vocalist collective group which successful won through the “Yoruyan” audition for next-generation talents hosted by Avex and TV Tokyo, and which can boast for themselves “multifaceted” and “chameleonic” vocals -- has been publicly revealed just today (June 23) at 22:00.

Today’s production also featues music instrumentals composed by “Deco*27”. The final product of it is a lyrical work in the fashion of a “confession”, inside of which are described the vivid and raw emotions that come from living in a reality which is not just all bright and enjoyable all the time. The lyrics, already revealed ahead of it, have been attracting to themselves a great deal of attention ever since prior to today's online distribution, among other things holding for two straight weeks the topmost position in the user interest rankings (updated every day) of popular lyrics websites.

Amid this atmosphere, inside of the music video that was revealed today, the person involved in battling with an unseen adversary while wielding a katana is also being played by Yamaguch Maho, who also acted in the lead role in the movie “Chocolat no Mahou”.

Rather than the courage to fight off against all the various “bleak emotions” (which is indeed what these invisible foes are) born within oneself, in the interstices between the “realization of our dreams” and the “price of reality” also described in the lyrics, this one is a work that calls out for the importance instead of the courage to confront oneself with reality itself, which doesn’t always go on according to one’s dreams and aspirations.

Finding herself in a dystopian setting aesthetically representing an imaginary environment lying in a state of utter ruination, the character played by Yamaguchi keeps on sweeping away her foes (that person’s own spectres and illusions), which can’t be felled into pieces no matter how many times one would slice away at them. From this swordsman performance, beautiful but at the same time even feeling instinctively so breathtaking in the way it’s caught in a desperate situation, one can sense all the “asperity” of continuing to stand on defiantly against any impulses of “resigning”, which at times is necessary in one’s life.

The members of mzsz (mizushirazu), are not there to support through this situation (that is, this internal struggle), nor do they go on to meddle into it, instead appearing as figures who would subduedly watch over all of that, with the role handled by them inside of it being that of story-telling, singing in a manner as if to give an exposition on the matters, in what is, in all, a very peculiar set-up.

---------------​

From Yamaguchi Maho, we have also received the comment below.

“Even for me too, this has been my first ever swordsman performance I ever had, which is why I participated into the shootings while also feeling some anxiety inside of me. Still, I managed to complete the shootings being helped out at the same time by the stage direction from the staff, the singing voices of the members, and in general by the combined efforts with everyone in there. So, I must wonder if this hasn’t certainly turned out to be a quality piece of work in the end, for that. I’d really love for many people to watch this MV, as well as for the song itself to be loved and appreciated by many people too. I truly feel very thankful for all that.”

---------------​

Working as the video director was Noda Tomoo. With colored smoke effects to visually represent the foes lying hidden within ourselves, and an exhaustively planned-out scene composition and post-production editing, this came along to be a cinematic and very solid work, portraying one consistent plot narrative within it.

Yamaguchi Maho’s costume is the product of the dressmaking job by GM Atelier, led by Matsuoka Shouichirou, who has also participated actively at the Paris Fashion Week and other events, with his unique and original dress forms. The clothes of mzsrz (mizushirazu), who surround her in it, are instead a creation by BALMUNG, whose design, making use of reflective and see-through materials, fits exceptionally well with the character role of the storyteller, who conventionally is supposed to be a color-less and invisible presence.

The online distribution of “Unbalance” will start off from today. A special version of it, “Unbalance feat. Yamaguchi Maho”, can also be listened to within “Chocolat no Mahou”, currently available in cinemas, therefore, for all those who felt their interest piqued after watching this music video, the invitation is for them to try coming also to the theaters if possible.

---
    Source: https://avexnet.jp/news/detail.php?id=1007841

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    As it was already announced in advance, a nice making-of coverage for the Unbalance MV has just been released today to complement, so here is the direct link to it, with Maho and the mzsrz girl interacting both on the set and out of it:

---
    This one was also announced with some articles on the press. I'll be short on it, but for more infos and explanations here is the one I had translated from The Television's site:

Yamaguchi Maho appears in the music video for new up-and-coming band! Unveiling also its making-of video, showing her in her free time

[​IMG]

Click on the link to continue with the main body of the article:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dWv2qex4TPKDmyDmTdipKjHXu9MPTwllfhRHhlFvyds/

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Maho in a new CM for Suntory ONE WINE:

• Like Like x 5
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I like the short hair on her! It looks really fresh

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Maho has announced today that she's left her agency Ken-On:
    https://twitter.com/maho_yamaguchi/status/1708059309014421990

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Google translation:
    She also said that in future she should be contacted via her new official website at https://yamaguchimaho.jp/ which might suggest that she's now freelance.

10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Wow that is surprising. Ken on is still one of the better (if not most whole rounded) agency in Japan even in today era. I guess the number of huge stars in the agency pushes her to " a small fish in big pond " situation.

Which agency does she belong to? Or does she co found an agency? (A surprisingly common move nowadays).

Freelancing is also very common nowadays. And today is the era which freelancing is possible (compared to before)

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu