1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    ^ It was a past episode, see the date. A lot of you guys were discussing the issue since Sunday (13th).

I was hoping for a stream last night and she didn't show up. Chat was fun still even though someone was trolling.

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

ah, got my dates mixed up, thanks for pointing it out.

3. Miizun-Sensei

Miizun-Sensei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    it's nice to see Mahohon back to Showroom again ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Not yet, bro. Not yet. See the date.

5. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  6. Rageballie

Rageballie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Just placing it here as well, since this is the major topic of the show
    if the video does not show watch the video here

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I've posted this on the 48 Talk thread but like I said, I'm not worried about her for now. She hasn't done showroom for a few days now. I just hope we hear more from her.

8. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Actually i'm not Mahohon fan,I'm just curious about this thing,so i dont mind if her quiting or not.everything is comeback to her fans,wheter they still want to support her or not.with this blow up news,mahohon get more exposure which is great,and her fans will more fierce when support her...maybe Sashi case will happen again in NGT[hehe]

9. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

I mean if I were her I wouldn't do anything that public for a little while now; it makes more sense to let the whole thing die down a little before reappearing.

10. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Recently Maho had her first (at least I think it's her first) solo gravure release in My Girl magazine issue 15, I got it in the post a couple of days ago. There's 6 pages of nice photos and 2 pages of interview, I scanned the interview section as these don't get posted as often as the photo sections.

maho mg15 1 001.jpg maho mg15 002.jpg

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    After more than one week of no SR appearances, I guess it's safe to draw a few conclusions about this case.

No, this mess didn't help promote Maho at all.
    For one thing, I can see that none of her other SR recordings on Youtube (and I follow more than enough channels that upload them) received any boost in views, which means that nobody made the slightest effort to research more about her before pouncing on.
    This is not least because all the people who participated in the defamation campaign on SNS were people who have absolutely no interest in idols, when not downright hating them.
    I suggest anyone to take note of the users who commented on Youtube videos and search for their names to see what places of the Internet they usually go to. I suggest anyone to check the Twitter profiles of those who helped spread this and see if you have any idol profiles in common in the Following list. So far I haven't seen one.
    I'm not denying that there might have been fans who participated "for fun", mistakenly believing that this was just another "epic" meme between fans, but the vast majority were just time-wasters looking for a target to bash, and this target was provided to them by their buddies on the Twitter list.
    The PK shot at the Undoukai and the Nikkan Sports article celebrating it was a good chance for Maho to make a name for herself, this one was just an uncalled-for gang bullying.

The thing I'm more concerned about right now is that because of the commotion caused by this incident she might refuse to appear on SR ever again, even together with other members to serve as support, which might stunt her popularity among NGT fans more than anything else in the long run. There was this recent Ayakani SR where she streamed from Maho's place ("to check if she's alive", well, that's Ayakani as usual), even then she didn't want to show up on camera although she was obviously right next to her. It was pretty telling.
    I watched the 48Talk episode in full and I have to agree with Ragieballie about Maho having too many self-consciousness issues and too little self-confidence to withstand the pressure right now.
    As a more concrete example, I remember when it was the turn of Maho, Rittan and Noepii to promote their performance at USJ. The other two took the thing almost as a game, but Maho was so heartbroken when the ticket sales didn't go as expected, that she ended up streaming this regretful SR live later on the same day. Even though it wasn't her fault, she still felt somewhat responsible for the failure because she thought of it as wasting an opportunity for the whole NGT group.
    I can very well imagine how she might feel right now in private, despite being all smiles in the latest NGT theater performance.

Also, one more thing. I like how some people out there are still clinging to her "harenchi" phrase as if it had any sort of lewd implications. In reality, that's just Maho's usual, awkward way of describing her embarrassment at swimsuit gravure (needless to say, she isn't particularly keen on doing those jobs), and the tone is meant to be tongue-in-cheek. We know because that's not the first time she expressed this feeling outside of Renacchi Sousenkyo's photoshoot, nor was this the first time using the word in such a context. As a recent example, check this and watch the scene where Maho looks at the NGT special of My Girl (starts at around 13:00). Nobody here in this thread brought it up, strangely enough, but it still called for an explanation to avoid future misunderstandings.
    Again, anyone who has watched any Maho SR should already be aware of her peculiar choice of words.
    She's probably the only one to call the star items on SR "konpeito" and the users avatars on the front row "konpeito senbatsu", for one thing.
    She's the only one to constantly attach weird gobi at the end of words as if it's something absolutely natural, like "shimauma" or "shiitake".
    The topics of discussion on her livestreams also often take a turn for the weird, like all the recurring "hage talk" she had lately (which IIRC started as a talk about her thin hair complex compared to Mofu's thick hair, and eventually developed into a talk about wigs and bald people wearing wigs).
    It's not something one can instantly understand by watching one single SR recording, let alone a 1 minute clip. It's something which takes months of following her constantly, but it's still essential to comprehend Maho's personality.

Needless to say that I'm absolutely against the notion of Maho giving in to external pressure and bastardizing her character for the sake of random Twitter losers who don't ever care for her. Sasshi had something to atone for to regain the trust of her fans, Maho's intended image is fine as it is.
    (And if you ask me, I dislike Sasshi's bastardization of her own old hetare character, too. It took me long to look for another member with a character closer to old school Sasshi, until I found out NMB's Anchu is more so than today's Sasshi can ever be)

Here's hoping for things to just go back to normal.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    I know she's staying low right now till the heat drops down but it sucks that updates are scarce with Maho right now...

14. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    It's the best thing she can do right now. I bet there was a bunch of good-for-nothing just waiting for her to show up to attack her.
    Besides, she keeps updating her photolog for the latest news:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=山口真帆 NGT48情報bot&src=typd
    And the stages! The Rittan's BD stage is a must-see for a Mahohon's fan. She pratically led the show.

15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Watched it a bit too late, but Maho really likes pampering Riko like a little sister, doesn't she. Though at times she may be a bit too protective. The birthday letter that Maho wrote for her was also heartwarming, it's always nice to be reminded what an emotional help Riko is to Maho
    That's one of the pairings I feel the most genuine in all of the groups.

16. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Rittan's an angel! I feel sorry for her because she's by herself in the new stage MC, without Mahohon to protect her ... :^^;:
    I hope the terrible Anju, Rikachan (when she is), Mofuchan and even Okappa don't spoil her. :cold:

17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  18. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho's Christmas SR stream (・∀・)
    Might contain:
    - Maho setting up the TV that she received from her obaasan this Christmas and asking for tech help on how to vote on Kouhaku
    - dissertation on whether it's really necessary for idols to decorate their photos with the SNOW app
    - Paruru gachikoi
    - last minute hage talk

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Today's SR stream (゚∀゚)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2