Yamamoto Mikana (Mikanyan)

Discussion in 'Team M' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Its a little obvious that most idols are dating at this point, but NMB staff need to serious find the mole in their company selling this info to bunshun. At some point it becomes impossible to push popular center material girls if they're going to get bunshun'd continuously like this.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Merry Christmikan
    no worries

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjNmJBU/

[​IMG]

it's [good] publicity

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Plenty of centres existed without getting Bunshun'd, Meru, Mio, Sakura, Haruppi, Hana, Mikurin, Nappi, Zukki, YuiYui, Mayuyu. HKT seems relatively scandal free, maybe some groups do a better job of checking the background of who they pick as (potential) centres.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^True, but I'm talking about NMB specifically, and over the last couple years we've lost very popular and potential centers due to scandals like this. Even at the start of the groups career they've struggled with the girls dating and scandals arising from them. Ultimately i'm all for the idols dating, but if Yoshimoto are going to allow the members to date, they need to protect them better and try to prevent these articles coming out and destroying their latest pushed girls career before it truly takes off. We can blame the girls for dating all we want but if management continues to give the girls an environment that allows them to date, then what can we do except hope for the management to better protect the idols? The last thing I want is for Mikanyan to stop being pushed and graduate when she was doing well, and for the same thing to happen to the next girl they try to push.

6. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

I'm not here to argue for or against the no-dating rule, I'm just here to point out your weird and inconsistent logic.
    Firstly, if you're all for idols being allowed to date then it doesn't make sense for you to suggest they need protection from being seen dating. It doesn't make sense to claim idols need protecting from being caught in this kind of scandal when you don't actually consider it a scandal in the first place.
    Secondly, you're asking idol management to protect the idols from career destruction but it's actually management who carry out their career destruction. Management are the ones who fire the idols for dating. It's not Bunshun articles that destroy idols' careers, it's management who decides whether to cut off an idol or continue supporting and promoting her idol career. Compare the management action Yokono Sumire received to that of Sashihara/Matsumura/Yukirin whose idol careers continued on for a long time.
    Thirdly, how do you conclude that Showtitle is allowing members to date when they forced Yokono Sumire out of the group because she was dating?

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think we have opposing positions on the matter, you seem to be in favour of the protection of dishonesty while I'm in favour of honesty. Not having a go at you or anything it's just a rather fundamental difference of opinion lol. Maybe it's a pragamtist vs idealist viewpoint but I think idealism is part of what makes idols a different category to female singers or regular girls. .

• Like Like x 2
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Long winded but I didn't want to leave anything unsaid.
    It's not weird or inconsistent, It's simply me understanding how the idol industry works, how management operates in relation to idols dating, and instead asking them to be consistent in their pushing of members instead of dropping them instantly. It's probably the most frustrating thing about liking idols whether you support idols dating or prefer for them to not date. If management were clear on their stance, this wouldn't be such a huge issue. However my main concern seemed to be overlooked, so to clarify;

Firstly - Ultimately, I support idols dating, but if the rules are "don't date" and the girls date then get bunshun'd, I wont be spinning in anger because I know the rules.
    We know the girls date whether we like it or not. We also know that NMB management don't actively try to prevent this, they only take action if the idol gets caught. In some cases they try to ignore it, other cases they figure it's best to suspend or fire the idol, that's their prerogative. In that situation I literally don't care.

What I meant by "protecting the idol" was specific to this particular case and similar, where Bunshun aren't getting their information by taking photo's and gaining intel off the streets, they're getting information from 'staff', information that should have stayed in the meeting room. This is what's frustrating to me, because it seems like the staff who should be doing whatever they can to prevent these scandals from seeing the light of day, are actively aiding in the creation of said articles. They're loading the bullets and handing bunshun the gun.

Secondly - Sumire's case was heavy with two Johnny's, let's not forget that. Let's also remember that management were willing to let Riripon stay after what can be considered the 'biggest betrayal' to her fans, and they gave Milky a second chance, twice. As I said above, that's their prerogative. The difference between the treatment of Sumire and Sashi, Matsumura, Yukirin, and Milky, is that the later four idols were already established and popular, Sumire was not yet at that level, meaning she's more expendable.

Again, who is expendable is management's choice. But as a fan, its frustrating seeing up and coming girls being pushed only to see them graduate quickly or take a long hiatus because they got caught with some johnny's kid, but it's even more frustrating to know that it's "insiders" and "staff" spilling the beans, especially when the current group can't really afford to be kicking their rising stars out of the group when they're in a difficult situation. They're already below 46G, Covid has delayed everything, and all their big name idols have graduated. Apart from Nagisa and at a stretch Cocona, every other NMB member is pretty irrelevant to the general public or even idol sphere right now. They desperately need to keep the members they have and push them as if they were a new group, like AKB are finally doing now. They can't do that if 'staff' are tipping off bunshun on the two pushed members who are/were soaring in popularity.

Thirdly - See above.

Ultimately, I'm worried for NMB. Having a scandal when your groups franchise is at the top of the iceberg in popularity is tough, but the group wont sink. Newer members graduating due to scandals when girls like Sayanee, Milky, then Akarin and Miru are still in the group is sad, but the group can still sustain itself and prepare other new girls, but when you have no other 'big' name for the group and every few months your up and coming new face for the group gets into a scandal, it's a concern. Even more of a concern if it was preventable by 'finding the mole' in the insiders/staff... Love Ban opinions aside, the problem here seems to be management and the environment they have curated which makes girls like Sumire and Mikana think it's okay to do this but also makes STAFF think it's okay to go running along to tabloids with gossip on the latest meeting. Environments like this cause a rift in the group, and that causes shit like the NGT situation, and i'll be damned if NMB turns into anything like that.

According to lots of jp nmb fans I follow, Mikana is/was very popular. And I've seen her name being mentioned a lot this year (outside the scandal). If the bunshun article is true and she isn't really into being an idol then I would rather she bow out entirely rather than drag the group down, but in this particular case, it seems like management aren't handling the situation well at all if her just being there is causing tension within the group. If they're going to let her come out of hiatus and remain a pushed member, they need to protect her image (thus protecting the group) and build a better atmosphere for the members to accept this. If they can't do that and it results in another scandal, resignation, less pushed girls/faces and negative press for the group, then they're better off letting her go like they did with Sumire.

• Like Like x 3
  9. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

^Ok I'll take your word for it that management is allowing the girls to date. So then this is the situation we have:

1) Management has been telling the public for years that it does not allow its idols to date (in fact it's practically a selling point of these kind of Aki-P idol groups). The company will punish an idol if it is exposed that she is breaking the rule and dating.
    2) But contrary to what they said in public, management has been secretly allowing its idols to date all along. According to you not just one idol but many idols, possibly even most of them.

Therefore this is straight up hypocrisy and lying by the company. Do you not see that? Or maybe you do see that, but you're ok with companies lying and being hypocrites? Sure 'dating scandals' don't exactly rank very high on the world's current affairs, but I would say most people with a sense of integrity would be glad to see lies and hypocrisy exposed and would commend a whistleblower for exposing them. Yet for some reason you take the opposite stance - you want the company to continue with lying and hypocrisy, and you want any whistleblower trying to expose the lies and hypocrisy silenced. So you're either a bit of a nefarious person (let's hope not) or your adoration and love for your idols has fogged your brain and clouded your logic.

Ok so it sounds like you accept the rules. You accept the rule that the idols can't date and will be punished or dropped if caught dating. Yet you also said:
    Now you're asking management not to drop a member if she is caught dating. Now you're saying you don't accept the no-dating rules. One moment you say you accept the dating rules but another moment you also say you don't accept the rules. Just to repeat, I'm not arguing for or against the no-dating rule. Nor am I telling you not to feel frustrated that idols you like are getting dropped. I'm just trying to keep the logic consistent. If you're frustrated that the idols you like are getting dropped, then...
    • If you accept the rules about no-dating then take your frustration out on the idols who are breaking the rules. If these idols didn't break the rules then they wouldn't be dropped.
    • If you disagree with the rules about no-dating then take your frustration out on management who created a dating ban and punishes/drops members caught dating. If there wasn't a dating ban nor punishments for dating then those idols wouldn't be dropped.
    In either case, don't blame the whistleblower or the Bunshun article. All they did is bring any lies, hypocrisy or rule-breaking to the surface for people to see. They didn't invent the no-dating rule nor did they force any idol to break it, and they're not the one who punishes/drops the idols. They're not the ones "destroying" any idol's career - the people who do that are either management or the idol (according to one's own opinion of the dating rule). If the idols weren't breaking the no-dating rule then there would be nothing for an insider to expose and Bunshun would have no article to write. Likewise if there wasn't a no-dating rule to begin with then there would be nothing for an insider to expose and Bunshun would have no article to write. The "bullets and gun" are owned and fired by management or the idols (according to one's own opinion of the dating ban) who shot themselves in the foot.

Let me give you a simpler example without any idols fogging up your brain.

Joe breaks a particular law/rule and a passerby witnesses it and reports it. You like Joe and you feel sad and frustrated when he gets punished. For some weird reason you start taking out your frustrations on the passerby who simply witnessed and reported Joe breaking that particular law/rule, and you start rambling on about how you want to "protect" Joe from any sneaky untrustworthy passersby. But that's absurd. You should be either blaming Joe for breaking the law, or blaming the politicians/rulemakers for creating a law/rule that you disagree with and want repealed.

And I think you misunderstood why I mentioned Sashihara, Yukirin, Sumire etc. I mentioned all them as proof that management is the main factor that decides whether an idol's career is saved or destroyed. And it seems you agree with that, because you said:
    So if you're gonna cry about idols needing protection from their careers being destroyed then protect them from management. Don't blame the whistleblowers who just shone a light on the hypocrisy and rule-breaking that was already there.

Fixed that for you. And it seems you're ok with that, which makes me wonder if maybe you are a bit nefarious.
    Then tell those up and coming girls not to date a Johnny's kid, or tell management to scrap the no-dating rule.
    They would have no beans to spill if either the idol hadn't been breaking the rules or if there wasn't a dating ban rule to begin with. Stop blaming some employee insider. Management is the one that fires the idols or forces them to take long hiatuses.
    If you don't want the current group to kick out its rising stars then either tell management to stop kicking them out for dating, or tell the idols to stop breaking the no-dating rule.
    What is her "image" then? The image of a young woman who is not dating? Well if you want to protect Mikana's "I'm-not-dating" image then either tell Mikana not to date or don't try and make a false image as a selling point in the first place. Don't blame the person who merely pulled back the curtains to reveal the image is false.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Well Mikana just ignore this situation and goes ahead! as a management. :flower:
    But I see some decline/stop growing of her social media. :glare:

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    @tzatziki2 I can have a conversation on this without being rude but if you can't then i'm not discussing this with you.

My initial comments were only regarding Mikana and NMB, but trying to clarify my comments turned into this so apologies. Like I said, I have my views and others can have their own. I might have a more idealist view of idol life, but I still understand how the system works. Despite that, it's fine for me to want to still support girls who get caught in a bunshun web, so I hope mikana can continue to be an idol despite these claims from tabloids.

13. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

@minaeshi
    Nothing I said was rude, vulgar, abusive, or anything of that manner. Nowhere did I call you or anyone else slurs or throw cheap or demeaning labels or make discriminatory remarks about anyone, etc. In fact this site has rules against that sort of thing so I suggest you click "report" on my post and claim to the moderators that I was being "rude". Because then you can hear from an impartial third party whether your cooked-up claim that I was being "rude" has any merit. And while you're reading the rules, read the part where it says "Don’t take it personally if people disagree with you". Because in my opinion that is what you're doing. You can point out to me the part of my post where you thought I was being "rude" so I can clarify to you in further detail how it is wasn't rudeness but rather the outcome of a rational argument. But an argument isn't a "rude" insult. Just because your feelings felt bad after reading my argument it doesn't automatically mean the content of my post was "rude". This happens often with idol fans - when someone reveals a reality which doesn't match up with the nice neat image they have in their head of idols or the idol industry then they often feel indignant and insulted. But reality is reality, it's not being rude. And cooking up a fake excuse to abruptly cut off a conversation is immature. Be better than that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @minaeshi and @tzatziki2

It seems to me like both of you are making well thought out arguments based on your personal positions. That's great. Let's just try to do it without being condescending to one another, okay?

• Like Like x 2
  15. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    wakapon tells Maigitv about the time she lent Mikana 500 yen.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    imo girls like mikana never carry money because they never have to pay for anything. women's clothes never have useful pockets, and her bag is for her ring light.
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Her beauty is something forbidden. :cute:
    [​IMG]

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  19. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
    Sure its mikana? It's like another person completely .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    That's what I wondered but her name is on the poster image in Romaji. I've uploaded the full-size version to my Imgur, click on the thumbnail to view it:

[​IMG]