1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamamoto Sayaka (Sayaka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by AikyiTaizne, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I see Sayanee as less the "reckless" type than Jurina, to be honest. I feel that Jurina will happily push herself to exhaustion but Sayanee seems more a down-to-earth common sense type who will stop when she has to. I can absolutely see her saying "no" to work that would push her over the edge of her exhaustion limits, but I'm not sure Jurina has that kind of limiter, judging by what she's done in the past XD

Of course, both girls say they must work harder to attain a higher position in sousenkyo, but it's mainly dependent on what work is given to them, not the other way around. I imagine that both their workloads will increase in the next year, esp when Jurina turns 18. They have both been hyped to the extreme and are both extremely popular. I think they both will only go up from here.

I really hope these two are the next Acchan/Yuko and their rivalry is going to be something to see. I hope it ends up like fireworks to light up the 48 franchise.

2. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I don't want Sayaka as the next AKB48 center. Ugh. I already dislike the fact that she's in Team K.

I mean it's probably already too late but if I see her at the top of the election, I want it to be because she's the captain of NMB and brings the group to higher levels, not because she's in AKB also and happens to inherit their fans.

At the moment, regarding NMB, it seems that Keicchi, Akarin, and Milky are really trying to step up as leaders and help push some of their less popular members from what I've observed at theater shows, and it seems that Sayaka is a little more distant lately.

(I would've included Nana in that list but she's always been pushing new members, and Aapon hangs out with everyone too but is nowhere near as popular as those 4.)

3. Silenka

Yes, it's too bad Sayanee has so many AKB fans, isn't it.
    Shouldn't you just be happy that she has fans, no matter where they come from? She's a hard worker and of course AKB fans will like her too (they probably already do though, considering she's been in senbatsu since Katyusha). Sayanee is such a likeable, respectable and well-rounded member, she is bound to amass a large fanbase wherever she is, be that NMB or AKB or wherever.

I still truly, TRULY don't understand the stance NMB fans here have when it comes to the other groups, especially AKB. I'm not trying to start a fight - although that will be the likely outcome - but every time I read posts that amount to "I don't buy AKB singles, even at the expense of supporting my NMB oshimen in the election" and "I don't want X NMB girl to have this opportunity because it comes from AKB/AKB's fans" my brain starts shooting sparks and I want so badly to post something about it because it just seems so, so WRONG. What NMB fans are doing by taking that stance is, in essence, keeping the group down by limiting its growth and exposure. I don't know if it's just overseas fans or fans in Japan as well who act this way in regards to NMB, but the only way for the sister groups to survive is to maximize their allotment of fame and fortune through playing by the rules of the 48 Group concept. That's what they were created under and that's what they live and die by. Choosing to not vote in the election and choosing to not support the NMB girls in AKB senbatsu/kennin positions is choosing not to walk "the path to success" the group has set down over the years.

NMB stemmed from AKB. They are the same thing. AKB's success is NMB's success. NMB's success is AKB's success. Even if they don't share management (and that was a huge mistake in my opinion, considering NMB seems to be struggling in certain areas because of its [purposeful?] distance from AKB), they share a producer, a concept, songs, concert venues, opportunities, a way of going about things. And they share members. Perhaps some of that sharing has been clumsy, or done poorly. Perhaps NMB should have more things to itself - that goes for all sister groups. But that doesn't change the fact that NMB wouldn't exist without AKB being there first, and it doesn't change the fact that NMB exclusivity will only strangle the group. It might be what you prefer to see, but it's not what will help it be successful. You only have to look at the shame NMB is feeling due to its failure to rank many girls in the election to see that. You cannot just choose to extricate and separate NMB from the overall 48 Group machine. It can't work that way.

As far as the election goes, AKB is already an umbrella term for "the 48 group". That's just not as catchy, so they still call it AKB. Senbatsu is always comprised of more than just AKB members. The election includes every member of every Japan-based sister group. So does the Janken Tournament. Nowadays, "AKB" belongs to NMB as much as it belongs to AKB, SKE and HKT. Why is that so hard to see? It offers opportunities to all the groups, not just AKB.

Sayanee ranking first would be great not only for her as an individual but for NMB as a group. Look at what it did for HKT when Sasshi won. She was already helping out the group with her experience as a senpai member, but her win rocketed HKT into the main spotlight due to Sasshi being a member of that group. "HKT" became much better known if only for it being attached to Sasshi's name everywhere she appeared. They even have something to show for it. Say what you want about the merits of the election as an institution, but HKT really cleaned up this year as far as election results. They're definitely as much on the map now as any of the other groups, and you know it's gotta be largely thanks to Sasshi's victory last year.

Sorry for writing a book about it, but it's been on my nerves for quite some time. I've said so before, but the exclusive clique attitude the NMB forum takes really pushes me away from wanting to post in it/read it - that should tell you something already. It's poison toward the group as a whole. NMB is part of the family too, even if you want to consider it the black sheep. There's going to be times when the family has get-togethers and members of it go stay at each others' houses, so to speak. I'm not sure that fact warrants as much disgust and outrage as it usually gets most times around here.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  4. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I don't think the fans in this forum are that extremist. We don't look down on other groups fans in anyway and would love for more people to come into this forum to discuss NMB.

I think for the most part we all understand that NMB is a part of the AKB and as AKB goes, so does the sister groups. We just happen to like the different flair that NMB brings and generally like the way that NMB management runs the group. Do we get defensive when other fans say that we're not true fans for not feeling the same way they do about certain things (voting in the SSK for example)? Of course we do. But we all have various reasons for feeling the way we do and usually do a good job in explaining why we feel that way.

Keep in mind that this forum is pretty small in terms of the number of members that contribute to it so don't attribute what a few vocal members have to say to NMB fans as a whole. Do I always agree with what @joooooooooe has to say? No (I don't mind how Sayaka gets popular, either in NMB alone or through AKB). But do I appreciate him sharing his opinion? Absolutely. It's what makes this such an interesting forum to be a part of.

We welcome everyone to come in here to share their opinions. We may not agree on everything, but that's what makes life interesting right?

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm tired of this argument. What disgust and outrage? That jooooooe wants Sayaka to become popular on her own and not borrowing the AKB name? What's wrong with that? Isn't that positive? Why would you want a member to become popular just because of the group and not of their own accord? If she's more popular the group becomes more popular. Why are you focusing on the reverse?

There is nothing wrong with NMB fans wanting to see NMB members only. If you like AKB or SKE or HKT or like them all, then more power to you. There's nothing wrong with that either. Why does it work one way (everyone should love all groups) but it doesn't work the other (I only like one group)?

All groups have their hardcore fans that want them and only them. Hell, SKE fans are famous for it. Complaining about NMB fans specifically is ridiculous. Why shouldn't we want our group and members to do well on their own?

6. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

@Silenka I agree with most of your points, but you also seem to have an opinion that "the AKB way is the best way to run things. Anything else won't be as successful." Which I have to disagree. All the groups have their own pros and cons. With AKB, I see a high turnover rate with "front girls". Sure, the Kami level ones like Takamina and Nyannyan will probably remain at the top until they decide to leave, but lower members get replaced all the time by the "fresh aces". It's also rarer to see AKB give exposure to the really unknown members. NMB on the other hand doesn't have such a huge disparity in opportunity allotment. If you don't count magazine shoots by gravure monsters like Keicchi, all the members below Sayamilky get exposed about the same amount. I know, you might say "That's because NMB is too focused on Sayamilky, I don't even know any other members", but those girls really are given work outside of theater. It's nothing that gets broadcast all over Japan, of course, but it's still work. And that's more than a lot of lower AKB girls can ever hope for.

There are a lot of things about NMB that I don't want to see changed to the "AKB way". How many new "future aces" does AKB throw at us every year? Nothing against the girls themselves, but they really get some ridiculous treatment over other girls. 3 straight AKBINGO episodes focused solely on Okada Nana, starring roles in TV dramas, you name it - they got it all. NMB used to be a little like that too, with the overwhelming push given to Jo which led to her graduating. But she came back and made it clear she doesn't want that kind of treatment anymore, and NMB has respected that. NMB is still finding its own "future aces" of course, and you'll see girls like Fuuko, Miru, and Nagisa in magazines and media a lot. But you don't get the feel that they are hogging up all of management's attention, other lesser known girls are given chances to show off their unique traits too. Maybe NMB decided to do it this way because of the Jo incident, I don't know, but I'm very happy with how things are run now.

Going slightly off-topic, Nogizaka also has a great system that is different from AKB's. ALL of their under members get rotated into senbatsu from time to time, and even as unders they still get a ton of exposure. Every girl is a winner there. You can very well say Nogi also exists only because of AKB, but I would absolutely hate it if they get absorbed completely into the AKB way of doing things, with a forced
    hierarchy and an extreme disparity in opportunity allotment.

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I don't really care how many fans she has, actually. I only care if she does good work... and it is pretty much the same for any entertainer that I follow. I used to think that your fanbase is directly correlated to how much work you have, but NMB proved me wrong. To some extent it can even dilute the work you do, I thought Acchan looked absolutely worn out in her final year of AKB.

Anyway, the point was that by adopting her as Team K, it really does kill the rivalry angle. I like the YokoYamamoto as much as the next person, sure, but because of how it worked out it's hard to really see our "Jewel of the West", the captain of NMB, be a second fiddle in AKB.
    I don't know if you were around last year but there was definitely a rivalry and an undercurrent of jealousy towards SKE48 for getting a Kouhaku spot and it spurred us on. Now, it wasn't malicious, but I like that feeling of how NMB is trying to make a name for itself.

And you heard it from Sayaka in her election speech. She said, "I wish more people from NMB ranked." I think it's an awesome thing that we have so much pride in our group.

And I really think that if there's anyone that can pull NMB to become rivals, it would be Sayaka herself.

I also want to add that it seems that you're placing the bar for success solely on election results. I disagree. Like zeroshiki alluded to in the general thread, there's already a lot of opportunities that NMB has that other, higher ranked girls would love to have. I'm bitter about Milky getting 18th, but she still has a Panasonic CM under her belt that other senbatsu won't have. Jo Eriko has a lead in a drama and she didn't even rank. Kinoshita Momoka has a part in an NHK drama and she refused to enter! There's plenty of success, exposure, etc. that's outside the AKB umbrella. I think NMB fans have really been enjoying it and that may be a contribution as to why they don't drink as much AKB Kool-Aid as the other groups who seem to have stronger ties to AKB.
    I don't know where you get this attitude. Just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't mean I don't want to hear it or that you should get out. You're already saying that your post is gonna start a fight, as if we're gonna bash you; why martyr yourself? There are lots of disagreements I have with people. For one, I detest idol trading cards and the materialism and hoarding that comes as a result, but I still respect it, even enjoy it when other people love collecting it and talk about it with me. Heck, I'm almost tempted to buy them certain cards if it makes them happy.

You can also check other threads to see that I don't want to bash other groups. Some people were angry at Kaotan in Milky's thread, I did my best to defuse it. Some don't like Yukirin's involvement in NMB, I think it's great when she actually shows up. I'm a big fan of Churi and Umechan in B2 while others in Umechan's thread are calling for her graduation because she moved to NMB.

On top of that, our moderator is Smilodon who is super nice and extremely optimistic. When all of us were salty about the daisokaku he's just like "Man, that was tough but life goes on and let's see what the new teams bring," lol.

If you want to understand the psyche of our forum, then please post and ask questions... I can tell you already that historically NMB's members (especially Milky, but Sayaka too) have always carried a chip on their shoulder and that attitude leaked to its fans, which is unique to NMB. But you didn't know that, so you think that our calls for rivalry are just rowdy fans trying to start something.

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    So much words, I am so confused lol.

@Silenka I understand what you're trying to say. But I think it's a common thing for sister group fans though? As much as we know and acknowledge that NMB comes from AKB and existed because of AKB, I think each and every one of us for at least one point of time wished that the group could be recognised on its own for what it's worth. I mean to be real, no one would expect any of the sister groups to overtake AKB ever but surely it can't be wrong to want the group to be recognised for its own merits rather than just being "one of AKB's sister groups" right?

And if NMB were to play to the 48Group rules as you call it, there is no way that is going to happen.

Also as you said, your opinion about Sayanee ranking 1st in SSK one day is dead on though. I'm pretty sure that's what she has in mind for wanting to be number 1 as well. I hope that Sayanee can continue being a presence that can draw people's attention more and more to NMB, and that she'll reach the no. 1 spot one day. I can give her the moral support at least ahha.

But as someone who doesn't like the elections or the idea of it and has never voted for it before, I can kinda understand fan sentiments of not voting. I don't think it's so much cause fans wanting to be exclusively separate from AKB, and hence they don't vote. I think there are just a lot of fans who do not like the elections as a whole at all, whether cause of personal reasons or something else. We don't really know anyone's individual reasons, but no one should be judged because of that or deemed less as a fan for that.

Anyway, these kinds of discussions are tiresome, and to be completely honest about it, if people here really gets on your nerves so much, you can either:

(1) Ignore and move on
    (2) Not visit this thread at all

I don't mean to be mean and unwelcoming btw, but there are times where I don't get along with people as well. I'm headstrong and opinionated myself though I do try to be open when I can XD

In a forum, there are many types of people, and I guess that's what makes it interesting. But I feel if something bothers you so much, then perhaps it's better to chill off for a bit. Cause you can't possibly get along with everyone in life :p

9. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I do agree with the comments on Sayanee and NMB. I would rather see Sayanee coming 1st (in terms of inside 48 groups, SSK, and outside 48) due to her hard work in NMB as a great center/ace/leader, than due to her kennin role in K gaining her a few votes. The same goes for NMB where I would rather see NMB being successful due to their own hard work, determination, and namba spirit, than due to them being a sister group of AKB. Us NMB fans do take into account that NMB would not be here if it wasn't for AKB but it's nice to have a little bit of independence and rivalry between the sister group. It's like having an older sister/brother, and they're extremely successful, but you want to be just as great if not better than them, so you create a sense of rivalry between you and your sibling. It's the same with us here, we're really prideful about the things NMB and it's management do and would prefer for it to stay like this, rather than to follow the formation of other 48 groups..

In relation to the SSK, I personally do not disagree with the whole event in itself. I like the idea of being able to vote for our favorite member in hopes of them being in the next single. What I don't like is the way management milks money off the fans that already provide them with money, buy having the elections have no rules in terms of voting. By having no limit to how much you can vote, it makes fans feel guilty when they see their oshi not ranking, so they vote more. I choose to vote despite this fact however because I feel like by doing this, I make my oshi happy. Living so far away and being a teenager who doesn't have the money to fly herself to Japan for multiple handshake events and concerts, and cant speak great japanese, the SSK is the only way for me to express my love for my favorite members. Like Yuko said, 1 vote = 1 love. I vote because it makes my oshi happy and let's them know that they have supporters. If something was to happen to sayanee where she ended up with no more fans (let's pray that never happens) I'll still vote just to show her that there are still fans out there.

To @Silenka and other people passing through the NMB threads, If you do have problems with the way people speak in this thread, it might just be the change of environment? As someone who started off as a AKB only fan (I thought it would be too much of an effort to get into other 48 groups, and I was right but I don't regret it because NMB is now my favorite 48 group [hehe]) I can understand the feeling that Silenka felt when passing through this thread. When I first came on here I did feel that sense of the NMB thread being secluded from the other 48 groups thread and it did seem like everyone here has that stance of "I only like NMB and prefer for NMB to be as far away from AKB as possible". After being on here for a while though, I realized its not like that at all and its actually a really nice environment here in the NMB threads which is more than what I can say about the other 48 group threads. The NMB threads have friendly debates and discussions and generally have a very nice way of communicating. There isn't many of us but we're a pretty nice community in the midst of the 48 madness going on daily. :^^;:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  10. Silenka

Yes, everyone has responded in a really friendly way to my post, which I appreciate quite a lot. In fact, I'd say that's far more important than the debate itself and it's an attitude more people on the forum as a whole should be taking. :)

I think there was some misunderstanding, or maybe I was too vague. I don't think there's any problem with liking only one group and sticking to that one group (my personal issue on that topic would be more about the plainly negative stance NMB fans take towards AKB, which I think is unfair and unnecessary to only liking one group).
    But that aside, it's honestly worrying for NMB when it participates in everything the rest of the AKB group does, yet its fans still want it to be completely separate from the rest of the group. That just means that fewer NMB fans are going to be supporting NMB in major things that are set up to give the group recognition - the election is perhaps the most major example of that, which is why I use it.

When I say "play by the AKB group's rules" I am including NMB in that. NMB is part of the AKB group after all. There is a formula that brings these groups success, which includes handshakes, RH and election tickets. These are all events that started with AKB and branched out to the sister groups, and these are all events that AKB shares with NMB and the rest. It's nice to want NMB to be able to stand on its own, and I'm sure it can within its own community, but the way "the rules" are currently set up requires all the groups to intermix to ultimately achieve success. One of us is not as strong as all of us, you could say. That's why AKB senbatsu includes members of all 4 Japan-based groups.

I felt bad for NMB in the election. Nearly all of its members entered. They were clearly hoping their fans would support them in this venture. But if the overseas NMB fans' attitude towards the election ("I don't want to buy AKB products for votes") is representative of the majority of NMB's fanbase - and I'm not saying for sure that it is - then NMB can't do well in the election. They never will. All those girls are running for election, playing by the AKB group's rules, but if the fans won't also play by those rules then it'll only be disappointing for the NMB members and staff. That's what I meant.

I'm not trying to pick on specific people here or say "stop only liking NMB! start caring about the rest of the AKB group!" at all. You're right, if I don't like the attitude I could just stop reading or posting here. But from the beginning I was really just trying to understand the logic behind the separatist stance, not to condemn people for having it. It doesn't seem logical to me - and still doesn't - to have NMB pass up all the opportunities being affiliated with the 48 group as a whole provides, and that includes kennins, election voting and AKB senbatsu positions. These are things people should be be happy about, I think, but they don't talk like they are... which is what started this whole tirade in the first place.

Thanks for all the (long!) replies to my post and not starting a fight though XD

11. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I hope you mean the entire forum and not the NMB forum. Whenever I poke my head out and look at a general topic I can find a lot of really snooty attitudes from very hardcore oshi... especially in the election thread. The Mayuyu-Sasshi conflict was as vitriolic as it gets.

First of all, on the election, it's very debatable on the reasons why NMB did poorly. The same debates on this forum are the same debates happening on Japanese forums, and the arguments are the same.

-NMB doesn't have powerbuyers
    -NMB doesn't have national TV shows like the other 3 groups
    -NMB's management difference is a very limiting factor to why NMB doesn't appear on AKB shows (easy example is NMB's limited appearances on AKBingo compared to other groups)
    -NMB fans are younger and don't have that much money to spend on something like an election vote
    -NMB fans don't care much for AKB
    -NMB fans are just making excuses for their poor performance

Everyone's going back and forth on this, both here and there. And depending on the reason, the solution could be completely different.

Second, there are very few people on the NMB forum and there are even fewer who chose not to vote. For example, I don't buy the CD unless I like the song or the extras, regardless of the vote or not. Using us an example of "overseas fans" is very speculative.
    Heck, when I was a Sayaka oshimen, and I did have 1 vote, I voted for Nana because I wanted to see her rank. And even then, I personally hate the election and how little value it provides the fans for the amount of money spent.

There are also a handful of people here that actually did vote.
    I've already stated my reasons why I don't like Sayaka kennin, because I like the rivalry angle. Another reason is that I think Sayaka really is the next big thing and I want her to spend more time building up NMB than AKB. Team N stages really benefit from her presence, especially post-shuffle when they are arguably the NMB team that has the least chemistry.

(I think Milky kennin is a disaster too, but so far all the other kennin seem okay. The only other one I think is suspect is the Nagisa kennin because she is getting a massive push within AKB but not as much in NMB. Nana and Ripopo are doing great.)

I also disagree that AKB should be an umbrella/all-star group, but that's something I've argued for a long time in various threads. People complain that sister group girls take up valuable spots that AKB girls should be getting, and then I say, yeah, take them out then.

The nature of the "separatist" stance is that we've come this far with minimal help from the mother group and have many competitive members. For example, this Milky inteview in which she gets mad when asked if there are things that AKB has that NMB doesn't... and states, "Exactly where are we losing to them?" I don't think any other groups have had that same competitive spirit.

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I agree with this too. I don't like the fact that AKB senbatsu is the "All star" group for all 48 group member, when it's not like that for the other groups. The only things I can say to prevent this is to create a new group entirely like, just calling it 48 or something, and have all the popular members of each group do singles like that, and then let all the kennin's go back to their respective groups.

I just realized we are on the Sayanee thread and not the General NMB thread xD

13. Silenka

Yes, of course I meant the entire forum XD

Interesting Milky interview. If you don't really look into her much, you'd never guess she's that fiery about competition.
    I don't think any other groups have that same competitive spirit either... it's just that this one tends to take an anti-conglomerate stance which is disappointing to me as I like all the groups just about equally and enjoy seeing them intermix. I personally don't see any of the groups as inferior to each other or even very much different from each other, honestly. They're all idols to me, no matter where they come from :p

Yes, I really wanted to do this in the NMB thread but the comment I was replying to was in this one. Perhaps a mod can shuffle the discussion over to a more appropriate thread if that's better.

14. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I hate bashing on groups, but SKE fans are really the ones that's been the least friendly to kennins, both in-theatre responses as well as online comments (just SKE fans in general. Everyone on S48 are nice about it). NMB fans - at least from what I've seen - have been very welcoming of the kennin members. The only time I've seen NMB fans react negatively to a kennin was when management announced "the Kashiwagi rule", where Yukirin alone was allowed to not participate as much as other kennin members. Which is understandable I guess. She's the only member that self-produces a huge concert every year, after all. But I think the overall sentiment was "If she's too busy to do kennin, then why have her do it at all?"

And the election... well. I think the one positive effect it has is that it lets management measure international popularity of the girls (and the group). After all, handshakes are already a great indicator of individual popularity, but it's limited to fans that live in Japan or have a means of traveling there. SSK lets international fans voice their support for the girls.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I know this is Sayanee's thread, which is why the majority of my opinions revolve around her. To some extent I am/was fine with a Milky kennin to AKB, but the Team K kennin was a bigger shot in the arm than any of the other NMB kennins. That's our captain!

Like, I guess you could sorta say the same thing with Yukirin in the 3 position in NMB's single, but I don't think Yukirin possesses the same heart and soul of AKB that Sayaka does with NMB... plus the Yukirin kennin seems the most like a farce with the Kashiwagi Rule.
    For me, NMB feels the most different. The emphasis on comedy and talking ability, the Kansai-ben, the bigger focus on local work including things like Yoshimoto's Shinkigeki, the differing TV appearances, and TV shows, the very frequent usage of G+ and a unified blog... etc. That's probably why NMB feels more independent. I haven't spent time with the other groups and don't really have the time to do so either, but I'd be curious to see the similarities and differences.

Performance-wise I've felt that AKB has gone complacent and they don't see to be as hungry as they were when they first started out. Most of the recent songs are lacking, their theater situation is kinda messy, the pushes are inconsistent and fleeting, etc. I feel that having a rivalry would light a fire, whereas assimilation just makes it kind of more of the same.

I think there are a couple of Yukirin interviews floating around and she was duly impressed on how disciplined and focused NMB is compared to AKB.
    There was an NMB fan who flamed Yukirin when the daisokaku finished and she posted a G+, the fan said something like "we don't need your scandal-ridden ass here" which led to fans threatening flaming each other on her G+.

I think there was also another salty NMB fan unleashing the flames on G+ when the Aanya scandal first unfolded. I mean, it's still unfolding but yeah.

Nana also made an idle comment about how the handshake events in Nagoya for NMB tend to be a little empty...

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

if the video does not show watch the video here

Sayanee's Election Speech (English Subbed) (Subbed by AKBZine on YT)

17. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Lols I guess it's okay to talk about NMB as a whole in Sayanee's thread because she's forever talking about NMB herself and she is the captain after all :p

Anyway, I have just translated Sayanee's super long blog entry on her thoughts on elections and Yuko's graduation.
    It was reaaaally long, and took some time to do. It's the longest thing I've ever translated but hope it's okay!

If anyone is interested, here it is!
    http://convenience93.tumblr.com/post/88663534288/yamamoto-sayaka-13th-june-blog-entry-translation

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Is it better for NMB48 to go all-in on Yamamoto Sayaka or stick to a Wcenter with Milky?

If they chose the all-in, Sayaka would eventually rise faster for next year and indeed increase her amount of vote.
    The drawback would be to focus too much the group on only person and too much people on her back would be left away.

I think NMB management really should strengthen the whole group by betting again on Fuuko, Nagisa, and Milky to balance the group as a whole. Sayaka still have potential to grow, but the expectation to have a stronger NMB can also raise her Sayaka own popularity.

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    About that, I don't know. It's hard to say. I mean personally, I prefer them to stick with a WCenter with Milky. This is completely from my subjective point of view but what I think has really worked for NMB has been the perfect professional working chemistry between Sayanee and Milky. They're both very diverse characters who bring something completely different to NMB, and attract a variety of fans, but they're able to complement each other so well. They work really well together as the top two, and if we were to raise up new stars, we'll have to raise up 2 new centers and not just one because I can't see anyone complement either Sayanee or Milky as well as they complement each other.

As much as I like my own ideal, the reality is though that Sayanee has gone too far ahead of everyone else including Milky, especially after Milky's scandal as well as Milky dropping out of AKB senbatsu from the elections. So what then are they gonna do then? It's pretty much a point of no return, and they may choose to go all-in Sayaka because at this rate, for anyone to catch up with Sayanee, they'll need the attention to be drawn to NMB through Sayanee, and one of their means to do that is for Sayanee to win the AKB elections maybe next year. However, this is just a means and I don't particularly like the idea of it.

Of course, there may well be other solutions as well. But I think they should perhaps continue with the SayaMilky double center as they have been doing. It's true Sayanee may have way surpassed Milky in popularity but it's really not good for NMB to be completely dependent on Sayanee. They already bank so much on her, and as much as the workload can be divided, they should do so because NMB is a group and not a single member.

Apart from SayaMilky, I think what NMB can benefit with is as I mentioned above, raising new centers. Everyone's gonna have differing opinions about this one, but I think Nagisa would be a good choice. Her and maybe one other member like Shu/Fuuchan or anyone that works well with her. They should experiment a little and see how it works out.

20. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    It's not gonna make a huge difference whether Milky is in front or slightly behind the front.

Even in terms of the election, I don't think Sasshi is center in other HKT or AKB songs. Doesn't stop her.

I think that the group is past needing management support right now and it's really up to all the individual members to start doing their thing and really seizing the opportunities given to them.

Sayaka still struggles in variety when not with NMB, Milky is still recovering from the scandal, Nana has been busy pursuing her own interests while leading team M, Fuuchan has the same problem Sayaka has except even worse, Nagisa has to improve her talking skill, etc. They still have hurdles to overcome that'll give them a ton of room to grow.