1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

[​IMG]

Happy 17th Birthday! :D

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

:ome::ome:Happy Birthday Emily :ome::ome:

I made a bday banner
    [​IMG]

3. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Happy birthday Emili! More exposure to grow!

[​IMG]

4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Emiri has a UTB magazine appearance? What month exactly?

5. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Happy Belated Birthday Emiri! I have no idea how I missed it but I hope it was good!

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Flower arrangement from Emily's seitansai on Dec 21st 2015

[​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Oh my gosh! Its seriously gorgeous! HKT Management really did a good job with this arrangement, and the picture is hella cute.

8. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Apex of beauty :D

I have to admit, Emili pulls off some surprises sometimes. Aside from playing the guitar, making weird comments about food, and having a nice bod, what else could she give us?

Presenting the scans from the recent EX Taishu magazine:

I'm still wondering how popular Emili is now among the wotas...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  9. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Jesus... I wasn't expecting that... She is seriously amazing. Her popularity is probably skyrocketing, but TBH HKT has a great section of KKS like SKE does, its just that they need some time in the light and SKE is doing it right, while HKT is sorta doing it wrong...

10. kkitty

kkitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuriharasae
    Wow, Saechan- you might have to give up your title of 3rd gen gravure queen [hehe] But actually though, Emily's gravure might be a level above Sae. I don't know if the photographers are giving Emily better advice or if Emily is just better but Emily's expressions are great!

I like the rotating Kenkyuusei in senbatsu thing you kinda have going but please stop dropping all exposure for the others. Like in my oshi's case, Hikaeme I love you brought about a TON of gravure shots and exposure for Sae but once HILY promotions ended, Sae returned to just performing at the theater. Momentum gone just like that.
    Non-senbatsu girls need outside work like magazine shoots too especially since the TV shows that HKT has is limited to wotas while magazines can hit a wider audience.

Not like management is going to read this but :^^;: gotta say it

11. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ For me personally, I think Sae still trumps Emili in the overall gravure department. Sae strikes that perfect balance between cute/beautiful/sexy at the same time. However, Emili trumps Sae easily in the hotness category. I mean, how come a girl like her who's so shy and so reserved could have a lean and mean va-va-voom body like that?

(Forgive me I just can't control myself. Please refer to the UTB gravure she made where she wore a yellow swimsuit.)

As for the HKT48 3ki KKS gaining steady momentum and work, it's a given that priority is for the girls who bring in the money to the organization and with something as massive as HKT48, you're bound to expect that members have to do hard to win hearts and catch the attention of management. Now, I don’t know much about the difference between full members and the KKS but given that they are KKS, I’m bound to expect that they have to do twice the effort for things to happen.

Last year, we barely hear of Emili's activities or her being in the spotlight, and then, all of a sudden, we get these photoshoots, the senbatsu to the new single, more frequent Odekake appearances and a more active role in the concerts like playing the guitar. I even thought that Shekarashika was kind of well-timed because of the tie-up with Kishidan (and being a rock track, we get the usage of guitars...)

It kind of sucks really that promotions and activities for the girls dwindle at the expense of promoting another girl; my kamioshi had her magazine shoots kind of dwindled this year and it really pissed me off. I was kind of thinking that this would be for the better- just so that we avoid getting them too oversaturated for everyone and at the same time give other girls the chance to shine.

Because of this, I was kind of thinking that other than the regular promotions done by management, are the girls allowed some degree of freedom to seek out other forms of media work while under HKT48, with some limitations? If that's the case, I'd really want Emili to do that, though I kind of noticed that Emili, being shy and reserved in character, might make that as a challenge.

About magazines being an effective way to promote the members, it's kind of a mixed bag. Circulations had been dwindling and a major pre-teen magazine had just recently folded this year. Also, magazines have a limited audience so the wotas who go into live events might be the same wotas patronizing these magazines. However magazines are also good promotional materials and a way to slowly showcase members individually.

I can't say much for sure that Emili's activities will carry on for next year or what her future activities will be but I hope there's more to come.

In Emili's BD event, Sae read a letter that Emili's father composed for her. I hope someone could translate or get a drift of it and tell us what it's about. All I could understand is that her father was kind of rooting for her but at the same time, made some teasing comments about her gravure and almost revealed her bust size. And what about that comment of his about her bum-bum!

12. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Isn't this your lucky day! lol

I just finished translating her letter and her comments on tumblr.

You should read it alongside the vid:

(To protect the video from being deleted there’s a password, if asked: emiri)

Here it is:
    Yamashita Emiri 17th Birthday Celebration.

–Letter–

Emiri: “It’s too embarrassing, a letter from my parents.”

20151221213720892.jpg
    Saechan:
    “To Emiri

Happy Birthday. You’re already 17 huh.

Compared to when Papa was 17, I think you’re having a great experience.

Dancing and singing in front of the fans, being on TV, being featured in magazines.
    Even now Papa still can’t believe it, it seems like a dream every single day.

My memory of you in your 3rd year of middle school, participating in the final audition, is still very vivid.

After waiting I-don’t-know-how-many hours, finally the audition had ended, and I watched girl after girl exiting the examination hall in tears.
    Sitting there, thinking: "I wonder if Emiri will also come out like that, in tears.”

Then Emiri finally came out, making a V-sign towards Papa.
    Eh? Does this perhaps mean she passed?
    After that Emiri immediately entered a different room.
    At the time I honestly was so blown away I almost folded in half.

That Emiri, who 17 years ago to this day, weighing 3.005 kilograms, height 51 centimetres, bust size…“

Emiri: "Wait just a minute here!”

Wakachan: “Papa’s a funny guy”

Saechan: “Bust..”

Emiri: “Aaaah.”

Saechan: “ *Sae makes bleep sounds* centimetres, head circumference 34 centimetres, as born an ultra-healthy baby.
    However, immediately something something came out of her butt *laughter*, that went on to inflame, so she needed to stay in the hospital until the 30th.”

Emiri: “You see why I said it’s too embarrassing.”
    *laughter*

Saechan: “Because of that Papa & Mama didn’t celebrate the new years, but cared for Emiri every day. I think that perhaps even now a small scar from back then still remains on that butt.”
    *laughter*

Natsu: “Show me! Show me!”

Saechan: “I haven’t seen it recently but”

Emiri: “Of course it’s still there.”

Saechan: “Anyways, from now on you will still have to confront a lot of difficulties, but always remember those girls who went home in tears, and do your best.
    I can’t really drop you off and pick you up because of work, but I’m always thinking of you you know.
    Is she eating properly? Is she getting enough sleep? Isn’t she just drinking café au lait and nothing else? *laughter*

Please continue doing you best so that you are loved by the people from your group, your fans and the staff.

To my dear Emiri.

From Papa.”

*Applause*

Emiri: “My papa is sure to add stuff like this so I wished that the letter wouldn’t come from him.”

Saechan: “What do you think about it now.”

Emiri: “It made me happy after all.”

Saechan: “A lot of stuff was revealed right. I’ve met Emiri’s dad, he’s a very warm and friendly person. Emiri you have your quarrels, but after all, you love him right?”

Emiri: “Hmhm. Yeah. That’s right. I love him.” *Emiri smiles* “Maybe.”

Saechan: “Please continue to get along well in the future.”

Emiri: “Yes. I will.”

20151221213652da2.jpg
    –Speech–

Emiri: “Thank you very much you for setting up this wonderful seitansai today.

I feel sorry that it had to be on people’s shonichi, so I want to speed it up.”

Wakachan: “We still have 30min, it’s fine.”

Emiri: “Ah you don’t have to-”

Wakachan: “It’s totally fine.”

Emiri: “This year I was in senbatsu for a lot of things, having a lot of experiences, but still my reaction towards fans is bad.
    I know it of myself, but even if I’m awkward like that, and share my worries, my sad feelings, you still support me and I think you are amazing for doing so.
    I often think that it’d be great if people were to continue cheering on a girl such as myself. *Emiri smiles*
    ….
    Sorry for being bad with words. *Applause*
    That’s it. *Emiri smiles*”

Natsu: “And what about your next year?”
    Meru: “Your goal.”

Emiri: “17-year old goal huh, I guess getting more gravure-”
    Meru: “I saw it! In ExTaishu, ect right.”
    Wakachan: “The butt? The butt?”
    Emiri: “No no no no, my butt didn’t get photographed, was it well received?”
    Meru: “It was well received, very much so.”
    *Applause*
    Emiri: “Thank you very much. So I think I want to do my best to get more gravure jobs, and to get into senbatsu again.”
    *Applause*

Saechan: “Well~ Let’s do a gravure shoot together then.”
    Emiri: “Ah! Sure! Please help us out, if someone’s watching. Thank you.”
    *Sae and Emiri look around into the air waving*
    20151221214215325.jpg

Emiri: “Also, please keep following my G+”
    Wakachan: “Maybe it’ll have stuff you haven’t said yet today.”
    Emiri: “But remind that I’m bad at talking Japanese.”
    Vivian: “So English?”
    Emiri: “English isn’t good either” *Laughs*
    151221emiri101 (1).jpg

As you can hear her dad is a joker, and probably has quarrels with his teenage daughter lol.

For the gravure stuff, I think Sae & Emiri gave us the best solution.

Now about Emiri, she really improved a massive amount compared to last year, i.e. her first year as a member. Her debut was arguably the least impressive, she was nervous, couldn't even finish her words, had trouble dancing, looked red of embarrassement more than anything lol. But this year she became better and better, what impressed me most at the start was how she's so honest and real. She's very open about her feelings, towards her work and towards her relationship with other members (Like the posts she did about every 3rd gen member, which I also want to translate sometime. She and Misaki quarrel(ed) a lot.)

It's refreshing, she's an open book. Thus you also see her moodswings lol.

Her in senbatsu now is good for her as a whole, I see it more as an essential drop into the spotlight moreso than a make-or-break breakthrough popularity wise. The experience, face-time and confidence she got from this is big.

I think she's also quite realistic about senbatsu, other members that occupy these revolving-door spots in HKT senbatsu often talk in a way that shows how they want to cling on for dear life. (Which hardly ever works, that's why they're known as revolving-door spots lol)
    I feel like she thinks it's realistic that she'll be out, and I think so too. I will be very surprised if she'd stay.

She's also now been recogized in Odekake, been in Goboten, ect. Senbatsu in HKT is hard, locked-up, but people focus too much on it tbh. She's only a KKS, the journey is still far. Her being here now is more like the end of the beginning for her imo, from that debut to this right now.

Oh! That's right, she's at Eretan's house together with Saechan to celebrate Xmas Eve, translated that as well:
    Link

• Like Like x 1
  13. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Nah, I'm betting my left lung she'll be MNL48 kennin in 2-3 years.

14. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @DeJure, thanks for the translations. I really, really find it invaluable and the way Emili’s father has written it, it seems that he had been very supportive of her daughter’s endeavor. I’m not sure how the KKS are being promoted or “when their time to shine is due.”

I’ve only began to follow the exploits of HKT48 lately and it felt like, for me personally, Emiri only had that chance this year, and a chance that I felt, was even incidental (since I wasn't even expecting management to give her some push aside from appearing more in TV or in the stage, just to get her familiar to the fans but I didn't expect results to be like this.)

I can somehow understand that she had sentiments that her Senbatsu is just a one time deal, it's just that like the others here, I hope that her promotions work wouldn't end up only being confined to the stage, or the usual HKT48 shows, though it’s expected that with the auditions of 4ki and with the other members on the same boat, we’re expecting that her chances of her getting exposed are pretty slim.

But who knows? I wasn’t expecting her to be kind of pushed this year. She might even star in an Asadora as what Gotou had said before.

(On the other hand, I'd like to ask, what's the difference really between the members and the KKS? If there’s any opening for a new team, is there any hurdle for the current KKS before they become full-pledged members?)

@soul.assassin, as much as I see the benefits of having her kennin to MNL48, like having relatives to stay and be familiar with, getting up and close to her for fans like me without leaving the country, and direct flights from Fukuoka to Manila, unless her parents give her consent, getting her here would be more likely a pipe dream.

I can totally see Saito Makiko or Yamashita Yukari from SKE48 being kennin to MNL48 if it ever comes into fruition just because I could totally see it in them (aside from being seasoned enough within AKS) but this discussion should be reserved for later.

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I'm so going to scream if Emiri ever comes to Pilipinas to see her mother's homeland..... just....where exactly? There's like hundreds of provinces and her relatives can be in anyone

16. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Funny and sad thing is, Mossan was in 48 for a long time, yet no concert here. It wasn't until some Japanese businessman decided to throw his hat into the ring and had Team 8 sent in.

17. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yeah I'll talk about a Manilla connection when there actually is a 48 in Manilla lol. Also remember that she only really speaks Japanese.

Today she posted about having seen a highschool movie and got the idea of asking everyone what they liked best: a highschool girl with long or short hair:
    30 - 1 (11).jpg
    (Correct English too lol)

Double the usual amount of people commented with answers and it seems like short won out. Even thought Mikurin commented that she loved long. She still wants to try it out tho lol. Then she also posted about not knowing what to do tomorrow, as she's so used to meeting the members every single day.
    30 - 1 (12).jpg

@ooioo About the KKS in HKT:

It's one of my main/only gripes with HKT actually lol.

The meaning of being a KKS is pretty arbitrary and hollowed-out. On one hand they can do everything, for example be center of a single like Meru, and be promoted after a very short while without actually having made a lot of progress performance/confidence/talk-wise like NakoMiku. On the other hand you have KKS who are not allowed to do stupid simple stuff like paint their nails, do a different hairstyle for a performance or +1 Google+ comments, and are still not promoted after 2 years dispite being as good a dancer/talker as any full member.

So in essence it all depends on management's whim, or technicalities (like team room/need for KKS replacements in Team perfs), rather than actual stuff being a KKS is supposed to be about, like getting better and settling in.

The double standard of it is the problem for me. Everything goes as KKS when you're a management favorite, centering a single for example. However, when the left over 3rd gen KKS aren't even included in a single like last time, or get subjected to those stupid rules, it's "Oh but they are still KKS after all, it's normal."

Imo either keep them KKS for 2 years like they are doing now, but basically treat every single KKS as a full member (except maybe in Team units). Or promote them at a decent pace, once they settled in, and restrict them in activities. Not the mix-n-match double standard they have of those two now.

It's off-topic, but I expect Emiri and the other 3rd gens to be promoted after the 4th gen is here. As they'll then have enough KKS to fill in for members during Team perfs, without having to get ones from other teams.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @DeJure, sorry for the late reply but I'd feel that way too. It's as if KKS is merely something that management just put there as if it's like a separate team already, but I'm really hopeful that each and every one of them will get a decent push once they're put firmly in their own groups.

(But with so many girls, the competition is tough...)

Anyway, it's late but I just found out that Emili's going to be part of that HKT48 x NGT48 joint show :D Ah, the happiness... :D

19. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Emiri is making her own push in my opinion. Great looks, great personality, and updating her G+ a lot. She is making her own push along with management giving her a slight push as well. She will be fine and I will be hella surprise if she doesn't rank this year.

20. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Found this article while scrambling through the webs. I really tried hard to translate it but I'm just tired as of this writing and my Japanese isn't good.

This is the singular best piece of article I've read about Emiri's current status and how she can be a powerful presence in the group. So far, it just affirms with my earlier comments here in the thread with her being shy and why that comment in Odekake made a difference.

She's also in the article with the sole photo. Not sure how we'll look at this a year from now but let's see:

Source: http://netallica.yahoo.co.jp/news/20160110-92904773-dwango