1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    This week in the Entame-Next 3rd gen interviews -- Yamashita Emily chan!

HKT48 3rd Gen special interview with Entame-NEXT
    Yamashita Emily 1/3

Part 1: Yamashita Emily, Suffer from a Mysterious Fever!?
    July 28, 2014

Original link: http://www.entamenext.com/news/detail/id=806

Info - Name: Yamashita Emiri (Emily), Born December 19, 1998 in Fukuoka. Nickname: Emily
    Accepted into HKT48 through 3rd gen auditions in August 2013. Made first stage appearance during Himawari-gumi's "Pajama Drive" show in November 2013, and made performance debut in Kenkyusei's "Nounai Paradise" show in December.

--Nice to meet you. Let's start with the usual. What is your oldest memory?

Yamashita: I don't know if it is the oldest, but I remember having a high fever when I was five years old.

--Ehh!? What kind of illness was it caused by?

Y: What was it now… it's just a fever. (chuckle) My parents were really worried like they had ants in their pants.

--But that was when you were five. Do you remember anything before that?

Y: Because of my father's work, we moved a lot. I think I only started to have memories when I was four.

--Were you sad about having to leave your friends?

Y: I think I was more excited about living in a new house (laugh)

--What kind of child were you?

Y: I was very active, and always played outside no matter the season. I was always playing tag or running back and forth -- I liked running a lot.

--Did you often play with boys?

Y: Yeah, both boys and girls. I got hurt a lot and made my parents worry, but I liked doing things that boys like to do. I also played with my older brother's Lego blocks and built boats and helicopters.

--Did you learn any extracurricular skills?

Y: No, I can never stick with anything for long. (chuckle) I joined the basketball club in middle school, but I quit soon after.

--But children around you were probably starting to learn something, right? When you saw that, did you ever feel like you wanted to try the same things?

Y: No, there was nothing. I thought, why is everyone going to those classes? Isn't playing tag more fun? (laugh)

--Were you also the active type at school?

Y: I played with close friends but I was very shy otherwise. I also did my best not to stand out so that the teacher wouldn't pick on me in class. (laugh)

--Ah, so you were like that… Well, let's talk more in the next part.

2. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Why don't we get too much coverage from Emily-chan? I hope she gets pushed :D

3. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    Part 2: Yamashita Emily, Facing an unexpected question in Audition!
    July 30, 2014

Original link: http://www.entamenext.com/news/detail/id=807

--Now we are in the middle part. You said you never learned anything when you were young. Does that mean you never sang or danced in front of other people?

Y: When I was in elementary school, the school had an annual music festival, and I was always the dancer for that.

--Wow, wouldn't that be your dancing debut? What kind of dances did you do?

Y: It wasn't dancing as much as it was Soran-bushi (Hokkaido traditional dance) at those festivals (laugh)

--Ah, I see. (laugh) And then, what made you interested in idols?

Y: I saw Maeda Atsuko-san on TV when I was in fifth grade and I admired her, and started liking AKB48 after that.

--Oh, so you were opposite of most kids. You liked Acchan and then AKB48.

Y: Yes. When I saw Maeda-san I thought, "That, that is the person that I want to be!"

--So you wanted to be an idol not because you wanted to join AKB48, but that you wanted to become like Maeda Atsuko-san, right?

Y: Yes, that's right. I saw her sing and perform as an actress, it was all very impressive.

--And that was what brought you to the HKT48 auditions?

Y: If I wanted to go to AKB48, I would need to move to Tokyo. That's why when I heard about HKT48's audition, I decided to try. Until that moment, I was never too set on becoming an idol. It was like I finally found my calling.

--You can't play tag forever.

Y: Haha, that's right. (laugh)

--How was the audition?

Y: I discovered my inner shyness (chuckle) There were lots of judges, and lots of girls also auditioning with me. I couldn't handle the gazes from all the eyes.

--What did they ask you during the interview?

Y: They told me to "give us a self-introduction" at first. I thought about what I would say, but when I got in front of the judges, they asked me, "Please tell us what you are thinking right now." I thought, ehh, this is different from what I heard! (laugh)

--I see, that does sound different. But that's also a way to lead into a self-introduction. (laugh)

Y: I thought on the spot, and said something like, "Definitely pass and catch my dream.

--Let's continue with what those dreams are in the next part!

4. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    Part 3: Yamashita Emily, Cannot Showcase Her Guitar Skills Yet?
    August 1, 2014

Original link: http://www.entamenext.com/news/detail/id=808

--Although it was a trying audition, congratulations on passing!

Y: I thought I was gone for sure. I thought I heard wrong when they called my name.

--But it was your name, how could it have been wrong?

Y: It was uncommon for people I didn't know to call my name, and I was really nervous.

--You were part of the first group to make stage appearance.

Y: Because there were lots of sempais on stage, I was very nervous. I couldn't even make eye contact with them.

--And afterwards you debuted in the kenkyusei show in the unit, "Kimi ha Pegasus", right? I know it was a sang by Akimoto Sayaka-san and Miyazawa Sae-san.

Y: That's right. It's a song that I have liked since before joining HKT48. Since I knew it, I was worried that I wasn't a good fit for it. But I was able to make eye contact with my teammates and enjoy singing the song.

--It's great that you can have fun on stage. What future goals do you have for yourself as a member of HKT48?

Y: Not many people know who I am, so I'd like to perform more and make more people know who I am.

--Do you have other specific personal goals?

Y: I am terrible at MC, so I'd like to work on that. I always practice beforehand but on stage, everything I've prepared goes out the window.

--Do you have any dreams about solo work outside of HKT48?

Y: I hope to one day be like Maeda Atsuko-san, or like Oshima Yuko-san, and be an actress.

--That reminds me, you can play the guitar, right? Was it self-taught?

Y: Yes, I learned it by myself. I've only played it for about one and half to two years. I really liked YUI-san, and so I asked my parents to buy a guitar for me.

--Have you every performed in front of others?

Y: Nope. I hope to one day, though.

--Finally, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Y: In 10 year, I'll be 25. I think I'll be… married. Maybe I'll be looking after my child. I'd like to go do fun things with my kids on the weekends.

--Like playing tag?

Y: Haha. But since I'm not good at studying, I'd like my children to do better in that. (laugh)

--You're already thinking about making others learn? That's definitely far in the future. Please do your best as a member of HKT48!

Y: I will. Thank you!

5. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Emili performed at H2, 140823.
    She was part of Ame No whotospellit, and part of Fushidara Na Natsu as well.
    As for my opinion,
    Emili-chan was so kawaii~ Her MC was as usual, short and kind of awful. About her performance, I didn't notice her much so I don't know, but her performance in Fushidara Na Natsu was good, but she looks afraid. Her trio was Emili-Chiichan-Piichan, her was better then Anai in vocal terms (unexpected lol) and was really nice. Her dance, on the other hand, was of-timing sometimes but it was OK most of the time.

6. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
  7. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
  8. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I want to see her in person!
    After knowing she's half Filipino, she suddenly became my HKT Oshi... <3:lol:

I pray that she will have more fans and be promoted and rank in the sousenkyou :lol:

9. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko

Emily performed Temodemo no Namida yesterday with Riinu! I'm so happy she got a chance to perform that song :) She has also improved a lot in dancing when you watch the recent LODs or then it's just me who sees so much potential in her :^^;:

10. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I've been looking at the recently released HS dates in March... is Emily not attending? :O
    I was planning to go and would have loved to meet her!!

She is so high up in my personal rankings it's ridiculous.
    I just rate her so much!

I can't wait to see what she is liked as a promoted member and what sort of push she gets. :)

11. Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  12. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    This hasn't been posted here before. This is Emily's HKT48 no Odekake debut:

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Why is her thread very quiet?

Let's rock it up!

14. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Did you guys watch her seitansai? How was it? I still haven't had enough time to check it out :(

15. Tarooooo

Tarooooo Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qc_bb
    Yes, I watched it. The camera work was not very focused at all, because Emily didn't get a lot of close-ups. That's also partly due to her position in group songs where she's usually in the middle row/back. Emily's unit was Temodemo no namida. It was a show with six kenkyusei (Sae was absent due to work), and all of them stood together during the birthday celebration part.

Emily received a letter from Sae talking about how fun it is to be around each other. After the reading of the letter Sae showed up from backstage. She had finished work and came in time to make the celebration.

All in all it was very sweet.

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Act/words of racism by a certain HKT Senpai to this girl...discussion on 2Ch but nothing here.... probably not, that particular Senpai..shall we say fears nobody...and maybe thinks she can get away with things.....will be interesting if this is talked about more anywhere.....but is the sort of thing if not controlled can blacken 48G name.... especially given JKT48

Frankly I find nothing wrong with this girls skin colour....

127 comments
    http://translate.googleusercontent....79/l50&usg=ALkJrhgYkU3-I-_gTBCQOt33ea6OppSCOQ

1000 comments
    http://mastiff.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1424613753/

This senpai has some form?
    http://translate.googleusercontent....41749/&usg=ALkJrhihAjLQb6CVQB9EtYWc3W3uR1y__Q

This senpai has some form??
    http://mastiff.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1424641749/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  17. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    And frankly I find nothing much wrong with her post.

How do you know if there is any maliciousness here? Maybe she thinks it suits her and she looked pretty sitting there? She just quoted that.
    You just assume that it is because Sasshi said it and you hate Sasshi, simple as that. Good opportunity to show her as the closet racist, member-hating, scandal queen she is right? Right.

You might say, but look at her reaction! That's just Emily herself. Look into the baggage that Japanese society as a whole loads on giving dark skinned people the idea that they need to be more white, than this one quick remark.

Just typical 2Ch blowing up stuff, as to why you don't see it here.
    It will not be interesting if it is talked about more, it isn't even interesting when talked about only on there. And by just dropping it in here while you probably don't even know anything about Emily apart from her ethnicity (irony), you help it get out of control.

Now if you do want to see something actually interesting I suggest you watch her be cute, goofy and funny in Hazuki's seitansai:

She's definitely out of control here. And you can let your liking for her go out of control too, because she's great and has improved a ton.

18. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Hope she can become as popular as Akimoto Sayaka, that is after being promoted :p

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

20. augywm

augywm Kenkyuusei

tumblr_nqnvo0NXjN1syhq28o10_540.jpg tumblr_nqnwr7O8q21syhq28o9_540.jpg tumblr_nqnwr7O8q21syhq28o10_540.jpg tumblr_nqnlywj02O1t4e05wo1_500.jpg tumblr_nqnwr7O8q21syhq28o8_540.jpg tumblr_nqnwr7O8q21syhq28o7_540.jpg

HKT48 Zenkoku Tour ~Zenkoku Toitsu Owatoranken~ 2015

Band Performance :
    Emiri: Guitar
    Drum: Aoi
    Bass: Chiichan

[x]