1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamazaki Rena (Renachi) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Yeah that’s the only gripe I have is no senbatsu. I wouldn’t say she was shelved or mistreated. Rena is well respected amongst fans and is given fair amount of opportunities. It would appear that 2Ki would be the first generation to graduated fully. Never thought that Ayane would be the last.

2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy graduation, my beloved Oshimen, Renacchi aka Z aka Zaki-san aka Yamazaki Rena<3! Wish you the best for your career in the future!:ome:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Dang. I wish there were better emojis to express my sadness right now...

I wish her all the happiness in the world...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

Unfortunately, I'm finally losing my 46/48G oshi. I do wish she would have gotten a senbatsu considering all the solo work under the Nogi name that she has achieved over the last few years but it wasn't meant to be, Idol management works in ways we mere humans will never understand. At least she should still have a much more solid future than most of the other recent grads. Her talent in radio, variety programs and quiz shows has been recognized by some truly big stars in the industry so I doubt she'll have trouble finding work as long as she so desires to be in this industry

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

I wasn't a fan of hers, but she grew on me and became one of my oshis. It's a pity she never got senbatsu :(
    I hope management, at least, gives her a proper graduation concert.

6. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Rena-san’s unique tenor voice could always transform a good song into a great one by those solo spots she was famous for; I remember my first discovery of this was during the Nogibingo episode where they did the Christmas surprise that included the Mousou Cameraman singing one of the parts.

In the early years, she came across as having a kind of “edge” to her personality, probably not helped by her nervousness that kept her from smiling very often. As everyone here knows, a big part of the reason she lacked exposure was due to her spending her days as a full-time student in one of Japan’s most prestigious schools. Even though we didn’t see her very often on the Nogi shows, she must have gone on to make it big in some of the syndicated broadcasts that we sadly don’t have access to here in the USA.

I will really miss Rena-san’s energy and love that she contributed to the group, and most of all those beautiful singing sections she contributed on so many of Nogizaka’s singles. Count me as a fan!

7. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

FREE BIRD!!

…ahem. People get down about Rena not making senbatsu, but as per an interview she did a while ago, I think she herself takes a broader view of the situation. It sounds like she’s quite independent about her work and doesn’t want to get tied down by others’ standards. Some of her answers from the NogiFractal interviews:
    Q: Which member would you change places with for one day?
    A: Would it be fine to stay myself?
    Q: What would you be happy to hear fans say to you?
    A: I’m listening to or I’m watching your program.
    (Most other members said getting praised or thanked)
    Q: Say a message to the fans.
    A: Take care of your body and do your best, I’m rooting for you.
    (Most other members thanked fans for their support)

Senbatsu would be a nice gesture for the acknowledgment and for idol fans. But the wider world doesn’t really care about senbatsu either. It helps insofar as it builds recognition, but according to the 2022 Nikkei Talent Power Rankings, Rena has higher public recognition than Kaki!

Career-wise, I’d argue Rena is more stable than almost every member besides the top aces (and Chiharu the TV announcer). It’s not that she has better job prospects per se, but she has job security because she’s carved out specific niches in radio, quizzes, history, and more. She has options, and doesn’t have to compete with every up-and-coming pretty face. She’s one of the safest bets to still be going steady 20, 30 years from now, assuming she wants to. With an unusual career for an idol, it’s clear she pursued what she wanted to do with her own skills. She’s following her own compass. That sounds like a bigger win than getting senbatsu.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

It's as expected and looks like no graduation concert/ceremony for Renachi. Only radio this time :cry2:

Nogizaka almost all radio jack(乃木坂ラジオほぼ全ジャック )
    1) 6/26 19:00- SotsuAlbum Radio (Manatsu)
    2) 6/28 21:00- Time-chan (Mio)
    3) 7/01 23:00- Imareal (Yanchan)
    4) 7/03 18:00- Nogi no no (Ayamen)
    5) 7/03 20:05- NHK Rajira (Seira
    6) 7/05 23:00- Yuna Dreaming Time (Yuna)
    7) 7/06 23:00- Recomen (Mayutan)
    8) 7/06 25:00- Nogizaka46ANN (Shiori)
    9) 7/08 20:30- Nogidan (Rei&Miyu)
    10) 7/08 21:00- Chinmoku no kinyobi (Yumiki)

Photobook at least please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I can't wait for her appearance on Chinmoku. Yumiki and AlPea always make fun of her. [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Some highlights from Manatsu's radio show:
    • Rena decided a long time ago to graduate, but the date of her graduation was decided suddenly and the fans were informed shortly after that.
    • When Rena first joined Nogi, Manatsu didn’t know about Rena’s intellectual side and thought Rena was devious (azatoi) and that Rena’s way of interacting with fans was similar to her own. Rena says she “graduated” from deviousness 3 years ago. She acted that way because she thought fans would like it, but it was tiring, so now she speaks frankly to fans in the same way she speaks to friends or members. Manatsu and Rena are near each other during meet and greets so they overhear each other's conversations with fans. Manatsu is bubbly and fanservice-y and says “I love you!” meanwhile she can hear Rena having a serious conversation about work like what you’d hear from an office lady in a cafe.
    • Rena and Manatsu don’t see each other often, but even if it’s been a while, Manatsu is always receptive and laughs when Rena messes with her, like poking Manatsu or pulling the strings on her outfits. Rena says Manatsu was a big influence on her wanting to become a senpai that kouhai can easily talk to at any time.
    • Manatsu asks what Rena wants to be doing in 10 years. Rena doesn’t have a particular vision of the future, but she hopes to hold many good relations with friends, parents, senpai, kouhai, and maybe her own future family.
    • Rena asks how Manatsu breaks the ice and fits in when she first meets other entertainers. When Manatsu first appeared on variety shows, she was more concerned about her appearance or screen time or talking a lot, but now she focuses more on honestly enjoying the moment or laughing at jokes, to dissolve any awkwardness for the audience and other entertainers.
    • Rena says Nogi’s kouhai try to follow the vibe of the senpai, but it’s fine to not do that and instead pursue your own individuality and the things you like. To do this, Rena says kouhai should embrace trying new things and failing as a learning experience, and don’t be depressed at failure. Rena says she tried on many different characters that failed—being devious, drawing portraits, learning Chinese, being a bad athlete—but she couldn’t succeed until she tried.
    Rena: I hope that without becoming cowed [by failure], they believe there’s always a next time and overcome their obstacles positively. It’s unexpectedly fun. Life is fun.
    Manatsu: Were your 9 years in Nogizaka fun too?
    Rena: Um, there were times when it wasn’t fun too.
    Manatsu: Honest as always.
    Rena: [Laughs] For me, because I’m quite clumsy, there was a long 5 or 6 years when it didn’t go well, so honestly the time when it wasn’t fun was long, but thanks to the support of fans, the 3 or 4 years after that were fun. Yeah, so, believe in the people around you, and why not plunge forward, I think.​

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Nogichuu new video

• Like Like x 1
  12. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Wishing her the best for her future career.
    She definitely not staying with LLC, I hope her next agency will do her more justice

• Like Like x 1
  15. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

Congrats on her graduation, losing my current Kami-oshi among active idols but I feel confident we'll still get to see her for years to come in the entertainment industry. She has built a really strong following in the variety world so she should be steady with work for the foreseeable future

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Wishing you all the best, Renachi!

18. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Did we ever get the news that they were closing her blog? I just clicked through on her last post above, but got a 404. They closed it out quite quick.

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I love crabs. Doesn't everyone love crabs? Renachi does.

Former member of "Nogizaka46", media personality Rena Yamazaki appeared at the "Kanitori Prefecture Well Crab Campaign Media Presentation" held in Tokyo on November 15th. On this day, Tottori Prefecture, which boasts of being the number one crab catcher and the number one consumer of crabs in Japan, has been running the "Kanitori Prefecture Well Crab Campaign" since September, when the ban on red snow crab fishing has been lifted. Ms Yamazaki was appointed as Kanitori Prefecture Ambassador this year.

• Like Like x 2